Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2010 5:30 PM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, nice bluff there. Honoka handled the situation(s) very well, IMO. She's wiser than her years.
Wonder how Nagisa got in through the ventilation, though, it looked like the buildings were packed well enough together. Unless I missed something?
Just my two cents.
Mar 3, 2011 5:43 AM

Feb 2010
this episode was filled with unintentional lolz.

They were:

And more...

But... I still enjoyed it. everyone needs a little cheesiness sometimes.

Sad Honoka only sees her parents once a year.... kinda shitty...
Jun 15, 2012 9:31 PM

May 2010
MusashiRose said:

They were:

And more...

I just justify it by saying that it's a kid's show. I'm pretty sure shit like this happened all the time in my Saturday morning cartoons, and heck if my 8-year old self gave a crap!
“Money can't buy dere”
Jan 25, 2014 4:17 PM

May 2011
Seabury said:
MusashiRose said:

They were:

And more...

I just justify it by saying that it's a kid's show. I'm pretty sure shit like this happened all the time in my Saturday morning cartoons, and heck if my 8-year old self gave a crap!

Actually, the robbers going good was perfectly understandable. From the beginning of the robbery, we learn that they aren't hard criminals with their lack of a gun. Any criminal worth his salt would carry a gun when robbing something as big as a jewelry place. Their actions are basically a way to establish their freshness when it comes to the crime scene, so they're more apt to give up on their criminal ways. Now, in most cases, a robbery of this scale would only be done by people who really know what they're doing, but these guys obviously didn't. If they're smart enough to get into the debt that they did, they'll be dumb enough to pull off a high-end robbery as their first desperate attempt at gaining money. And their situations justify their change of heart too. They didn't have a rough upbringing, didn't have any other incentive to commit a crime, and they weren't looking to establish themselves in a daring way. They were just down on their luck and looking for a way out. Considering how they didn't have a gun, it can be assumed that they didn't want to carry this out from the very beginning. Granted, yeah, you won't often find criminals that soft, but there's no evidence that would otherwise indicate that it could never happen

And as for the TV thing, it is lucky for Mipple to show up on TV when she did. But hey, you can't beat the POWER OF LOVE!!! This anime likes to pride itself on stuff like that, lol. ^^
Mar 7, 2015 11:12 PM

Jun 2014
Well, we finally got to meet Honoka's parents, who really seem to care for her. Overall, a pretty good episode.

Jan 10, 2016 8:20 PM

Jan 2016
Good episode. Honokas parents are hilarious, i hope we get to see them again sometime.
Speaking of, id like to see Nagisas dad as well.

Lots of cheesy kids show moments, but that just adds to the charm, imo^^
By the way, am i the only one who absolutely hates Ryoutas voice? It doesnt doesnt fit at all, extremely grating... >_>

I wonder if the Pre Cure series has something akin to the 6. Ranger in Power Rangers.
I also hope that there is gonna be an evil Pretty Cure team as antagonists, or a good guy who can wield the power of Zakenna at some point in the series. Probably not in this one, but there are like ten more, right?A man can dream...^^
Apr 29, 2017 2:04 AM

Nov 2011
Eh. Too many eye-roll inducing moments for my taste. I don't give the show a free pass for being aimed at kids. Being aimed at kids is not a free pass to be poorly written, which is this episode definitely was.

Everything from the supposedly loving parents who can't even clear one full day for their daughter to the lecture Honoka gave the robbers was meh.

I think the girls need to start collecting gemstones if they can power the girls up.
Feb 9, 2018 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
This was a pretty cute and fun episode. Enjoyed the segment with the robbers.

I do think though that the main plot seriously needs to get moving though, or at the very least introduce a new villain or new abilities for the girls to use. The big dude is unbearably dull and annoying, and pretty much every episode he's been in besides the first one has just consisted of him immediately being one shotted by marble screw. Pissard wasn't much better, but he atleast was likeable and had some creative abilities.
Nov 20, 2018 7:15 AM

Jul 2015
Honoka's parents love her so much, too cute.

Fantastic episode, her interactions with the robbers were great, their problems led them to commit crimes and Honoka put them in place and gave them motivation to hopefully move forward after the time they will spend in prison.
Dec 14, 2018 4:28 AM

May 2017
This was so cute. What a sweet episode that really showed how kind both of the characters are, and adding in Honaka's gruff side towards the burglars was just precious.

Edit: This was also my 200th post on this forum haha
Apr 30, 2021 1:28 PM
Oct 2019
man the low ratings for this show just baffle this is such a fun show
Feb 10, 6:48 PM

Dec 2022
damn Honoka really shines with the bright inspirational light nothing gets her down no wonder she's Cure White

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 5 Discussion

Sasuke10271994 - Aug 9, 2010

14 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 16, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 21 Discussion

MusashiRose - Mar 9, 2011

14 by ILOVEMEIKO »»
Mar 30, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 49 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 13, 2011

17 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 5, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 47 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 13, 2011

7 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 5, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 46 Discussion

MusashiRose - Mar 30, 2011

8 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.