Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2010 1:13 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They finally get a deathly ill Mepple back, and Honoka's first thought is to fend off the big bruiser instead of making sure the little guy is actually going to survive the fight?
Jeez, they could have earned some sympathy points with the guy before turning on him, now he'll just think they're horrible tricksters. Coulda been a chance for character development, he may even have decided to join them at some point.
Ah well. Still an interesting episode all the same- Just from the end, there, I have a feeling that the VP is going to turn out to be a cooler old guy than we've been led to believe.
...And it would be way cool if Nagisa's family got in on the secret as well, though I don't think they'd approve of her fighting off The Terrible Darkness That Wants To Crush Everything (Well, her brother might, but he'd get overruled by Mom). We'll see how this goes :)
ScrewBallJun 7, 2010 1:18 AM
Just my two cents.
Mar 3, 2011 5:03 AM

Feb 2010
ScrewBall said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They finally get a deathly ill Mepple back, and Honoka's first thought is to fend off the big bruiser instead of making sure the little guy is actually going to survive the fight?
Jeez, they could have earned some sympathy points with the guy before turning on him, now he'll just think they're horrible tricksters. Coulda been a chance for character development, he may even have decided to join them at some point.

I was thinking the same thing! I have gained a new found respect for Uga, for giving it back; although he did it because he knew he's be screwed if the lil' guy died. Oh well.... as for the last sequence... Nagisa's family thinks she's going crazy lol. We she see how that plays out. Also, I really don't like the Vice Principle- I find him hella annoying, and I hope that changes!

All in all, a pretty decent episode.
Jan 25, 2014 10:32 AM

May 2011
ScrewBall said:

I believe they were in the right to prioritize transformation over treatment. Combat survival tip: treatment under heavy conditions will lead to even worse conditions. Think about the medical treatment process too. Mepple was passed out after taking the shot, so having him in battle in that state would have been worse than having him battle sick.
Jan 10, 2016 7:48 PM

Jan 2016
T'was an alright episode.

I dont really understand why Gekidrago would have been in trouble if Mepple died. His Prism Stone is in his tail, right? They could have just removed it after he passed on.
Or do the Garden of Light creatures poof when they die too?
Apr 28, 2017 11:21 PM

Nov 2011
I love how Nagisa's mom and brother think she's going crazy.

Gekidrago giving Mepple back was handled much better than when that happened with Pissard.

I've noticed that the girls seem to be going straight for the finisher recently. What's to stop them from continuing to do that going forward? Unless a future villain can break the protection barrier that surrounds them when they perform a Marble Screw, there's little logical reason for them to not use that immediately most of the time.
Feb 2, 2018 7:12 PM

Aug 2013
While the show is pretty entertaining, it's now starting to get insanely repetitive with the Monster Of The Week stuff. It was fine for the first few episodes since Pissard was atleast pretty likeable, and the show was still finding it's footing, but at this point it's getting very redundant.

The brute guy is also unbearably annoying. The first episode he was introduced with the Bear Zakenna was awesome, and he actually looked fairly intimidating, but ever since he's literally just been one shotted everytime he shows up. Marble screw is too much of an auto win technique.

Funnily enough though, the antics the girls get into and the scenes of them just talking are what's keeping me watching. The fight scenes and villains seriously need to improve though for me to watch past like episode 20.
Nov 15, 2018 5:39 AM

Jul 2015
That villain is such an idiot, my sides.

The Vice Principal nearly creates chaos to the world, all to hide that he confiscates manga to read them, top 10 anime villains.

Nice episode, I really liked the focus on showing how much the characters got closer, like the main duo calling each other by name.
Feb 9, 7:03 PM

Dec 2022
that shot up the butt nurse really tied the whole thing together

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 5 Discussion

Sasuke10271994 - Aug 9, 2010

14 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 16, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 21 Discussion

MusashiRose - Mar 9, 2011

14 by ILOVEMEIKO »»
Mar 30, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 49 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 13, 2011

17 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 5, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 47 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 13, 2011

7 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 5, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 46 Discussion

MusashiRose - Mar 30, 2011

8 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.