Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 3, 3:58 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Wow deep emotional episode for this kind of show.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 3, 4:57 AM
Feb 2021
Painful tragic past.
Mar 3, 5:31 AM
Oct 2022
Think about how much better this anime would be if the story had simply followed Rose and her group? Usato is just one of those mc’s (for me anyway) that ruins a show. Everything he does becomes a hassle. He just takes away possible enjoyment of the other characters. Seriously though, after the last two episodes how much better would things have been to watch if it all stayed in the early Rose timeline? A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT, That’s how much. I really do have a love hate with this show. I hate Usato and love everything else 😂 maybe we’ll get lucky and here at the end of the season Usato will actually be entertaining instead of the completely ignorant pacifist that he is right now? All I can do at this point is hope.
Mar 3, 5:40 AM
Oct 2022
bitz1209 said:
S tier retarded writing. They defeat the demons, but of course they don't kill them so they can magically become kamikaze. Then, at the end, for extra points, let the general escape. I guess he must be now the black knight or some other villain that will appear in the future if this gets another season. Now we can have Rose all sad, in case it was not really obvious from previous eps. Really disappointing, this series is coming down fast.

Oh god I couldn’t agree more.. Usato’s entire existence is SS tier retarded writing. Usato aside, why? How?! could they possibly write for Rose to let them get away? Even if she did see some of Aul in the little demon girl why does that equate to letting the guy who was responsible for wiping out her entire team and claiming her eye get away?! Even though that happened I still stand by the belief that show would be better by leaps and bounds if it just had followed Rose’s group. Forget the isekai, forget the heroes. The show could have been all about the adventures of her group and just been so much better…
Mar 3, 9:48 AM
May 2017
Now i feel like we need 2eps of usato flashbacks from school or something. Such shame.
Mar 3, 11:23 AM
Jul 2021
I liked it, I cried a lot
Mar 3, 12:57 PM
Apr 2018
Really interesting purpose
Mar 3, 8:03 PM
Oct 2017
They deserved that squad-wipe, shouldn't have been punks & permanently ceased the enemies life functions. The CMDR should've been on one before watching her peons get bodied 🤣
Mar 3, 9:03 PM
Dec 2016
Reply to ItzBeeM
This is going far past an average isekai teritory
@ItzBeeM I totally agree. Even when I'm reading the manga before, the story is well-written and not your average isekai
Mar 3, 9:10 PM
Dec 2016
Reply to Vooo
Wow how weak was that team to get destroyed like that. The panic and lack of resolve was very pathetic. Who the hell trains these losers?
@Vooo I think all of them got complacent since their commander is strong and powerful. They heavily depended their fates to Rose which eventually led to their cruel deaths and none of them was a healer, only physical combatants. But, on the other hand, Rose, also took it easy. She didn't think everything could go sideways and didn't have a plan B so it traumatized her.
Mar 4, 2:10 AM
Dec 2022
backstory of the waifu
Mar 4, 3:54 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to ItzBeeM
This is going far past an average isekai teritory
@ItzBeeM Yeah, its an Isekai I was very happy to see get an anime adaptation. Great characters, tonnes of depth and a fairly unusual hook.
Mar 4, 4:03 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to Apollo_Injustice
This flashback was nice, but why did we need an extrapolation of events that were already heavily alluded to? It does add depth to Rose's character but that added depth is so minuscule compared to what is already established about her. We spent two episodes for a sprinkle of character development when it could just been half of an episode.
@Apollo_Injustice that's because you aren't linking it to Usatos role. Its highlighting how important Usato is to the story. He is the perfect person for Rose to rely on. It also highlights the fragility behind her psyche that shows why she trains her subordinates so hard...she literally wants one that will not die.

Anyone shitting on these episodes is a basic ass idiot imo. It was a very emotional episode that is up there with the very best episodes I've seen this season.
Mar 5, 3:24 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang. This one got me in the feels. Rose is another captain Levi.

Respect to the king who didn't go "HUH WHAT WHY" when Rose asked him to rescind her knighthood. Just a simple: "Is this truly what you wish". Man fully understood what she just went through.

And respect to Rose herself for choosing to keep the scar on her right eye as a reminder of her failure to protect her soldiers. But I hope that eventually she will heal it and forgive herself for it all.

Ultimately, Rose stays on the right path, knowing revenge isn't the answer, and is prodded on by the voices of her fallen comrades; urging her to keep moving forward. It all leads back to the present, with Rose saying that she must find another one like her.
BetaMaleUltraMar 5, 3:33 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 5, 10:38 PM
Dec 2022
moving episode really loved it
Mar 7, 10:32 AM
Aug 2023
It's only 2 episodes but it almost made me cry, it's so good
Mar 8, 8:23 AM

Jan 2012
So we wasted a second episode on Rose's band of nobodies I couldn't be bothered to give two shits about. My question is why? And why this late into the season? The only way this makes any sort of sense at all is if they somehow become relevant again. To that end, and this is just a guess as I'm watching this blind, but could the demon knight be one of her subordinates brought back to life and being controlled? If not this diversion was both too long and placed during a rather poor spot in the story. Hell, it still was even if I'm right.

Also, is the demon girl with the big tits the same girl who saved her master in the flashback or different? If she is I guess that's something too...
Mar 8, 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
The past with Rose and the Healing Party vs. the Demon Lord's Army with Nero, with the full-on manipulation of his own forces to kill the party, Rose too, also flails under his power, and other than losing her right eye, Aul paid the price with her life, leaving her in a bewildered state. And even if Nero could be beatable, Rose hesitated because he too has someone who wants to save him. Still though, people like Aul are happy that they're able to sacrifice for the commander they admire, but the true one suffering is with Rose, who has to live with her horrific past.

Even then, Rose feels like she's got a whole lot of restoration work to do, more than just grieve over the loss of Aul and the others. And that is the result of her new party: an immortal party who will not die on her. And that's the current party that they'll storm to th Demon Lord's Army once again.

No deaths, only healings.
Mar 8, 1:39 PM
Feb 2024
Nice Fight, Rose overcoming the deaths of her squadmates helped her character development
Mar 12, 11:42 PM
Feb 2024
I think the healing squad are pretty funny and I think the anime overall is just a cute one.
Mar 15, 2:51 PM
Feb 2024
Backstory episode part II was quite interesting. Really glad I finally got some backstory for Rose.
Mar 15, 8:14 PM

May 2015
This show is excellent. I love how much time it put into building up Rose and the scars she wields to explain why she is how she is. Now all that's left to see is if Usato can live up to her expectations of him!
Mar 17, 9:06 PM
Oct 2019
really boring last episode and a half. this backstory was bad. like, i think it's interesting to know her whole squad died and she was helpless to save them, and that's how she became who she is

but whatever, onto the next one. hopefully this show gets back "on track" and this isn't a precursor of the show veering into mediocrity
Mar 19, 5:24 PM
Aug 2013
sweet jesus this show is bad
Mar 23, 8:07 AM
Jul 2019
finally can see captain rose in action and her beating nero's ass!!. heck yeah.....!!
Mar 24, 10:33 AM
Jul 2013
Honestly didn't expect that kind of emotionality from this show.. 👏👏👏👏👏👏
Mar 25, 12:50 PM

Jan 2014
So Rose doesn't heal that eye on purpose, nice touch. We even got special visuals for the flashback which is neat.
Mar 31, 6:18 PM
Mar 2019
So, yeah, I expected that to happen. All roads lead to the training of Ken. Now let's see if Rose's training actually was worth it.
Apr 3, 6:11 PM
Jun 2022
Atleast Scar Him Bad Like He Did To U , U Green Hair . Left A Bad Taste.
Apr 17, 1:36 AM
Aug 2023
Not sure why people are finding this episode to be bad, I think it's the best one so far, and the others were only okay. This episode really switched the mood from comedy to serious with all the deaths, and Rose's existential crisis. This change is exactly what was needed for the impeding battle. Some people seem to under-estimate the power of the demons forgoing self-preservation, thinking Rose's team was weak to be overpowered like that. I'm not so sure about that, I think it's essentially like trying to stop a suicide bomber with a melee weapon, the demons were allowing themselves to be impaled just so they can grab on to the humans and bash their heads in with a hammer. You can't really win against that, especially when it's sprung on the humans so suddenly like that.

As for Rose's existential crisis, I found it interesting how she considered revenge, but instead went with snatching kills from the demons by healing those who otherwise would have died. It seemed to have pissed off the demons too, since they refer to the healers as "kidnappers". I also found it interesting how Rose cannot commit suicide because her apprentice sacrificed herself to save her. There's something ingenious about that, it's more interesting than the common situation where a character can't consider suicide because they have to get revenge first.

I think this story is doing some interesting stuff with it's writing, but I'm surprise how people are casually brushing it off as bad.
Apr 26, 9:06 AM

Feb 2021
So that's her backstory and the reason why she is training him so hard.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 4, 11:07 PM

Dec 2013
Those demons are ridiculously devoted to their cause. It's a little bit scary.

Seeing a broken Rose was depressing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

108 by Kiviel »»
Yesterday, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15

68 by RicFie »»
May 26, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5

140 by ALUCARD47 »»
May 26, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

58 by Ayano_Kuma »»
May 25, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

75 by EvandroBraz »»
May 5, 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.