Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's funny how they treat the dog in this show as a major character, and not just some random pet they keep.

We got dog contests including walking, swimming, track, etc. The dancing part was insane LOL. I know this this episode almost felt like a meme but I thought it was actually more entertaining than the others.
Feb 29, 9:33 AM
Sep 2015
This dog show is so over-scientific.
Feb 29, 9:35 AM

Mar 2021
This episode was hilarious, that dog show was just brilliant and so entertaining.
Feb 29, 10:56 AM
Feb 2024
Yeahhh, saw the trophy thing coming. What I DIDNT see coming was Saburo turning into a human. I'm starting to think based off of the contests they had going on that MOParts was only half the goal- the other half was to distinguish which dogs should be paying taxes!

This episode reminds me of this one kids show and these movies my younger sister used to really love. Pound Puppies was actually a really fun show in my opinion and does anyone else remember the Beverly Hill Chihuahua movies?? I had almost forgotten about them!

Bludo doing the butterfly stroke caught me off guard 😂. Dang though, Saburo's got moves!
"I didn't know he could do that." Neither did the rest of us, but honestly, it's surprising we're still getting surprised at this point
Feb 29, 1:50 PM
Apr 2020
I can believe how far this anime can go. Genious!
Feb 29, 6:29 PM
Apr 2018
Now THIS should've been the traditional Fan Service Episode (seventh episode in all previous Umatani anime had lots of fan service--you could stretch and say last week's had some fan service, but this one tickled me more lol)

I saw Saburo turning human a mile away. The whole time leading up to this, I was thinking "no way they got Shiraimu to just bark and nothing else." Also, they upload the preview images for the next episode on the day that the current episode airs (for previous Umatani anime, previews would be posted halfway through the week). And of course, one of the pictures completely spoiled the transformation.

Though now I'm wondering... Why is Saburo's Motarian form human, but the others are anthro? Like sure, Doylist explanation is "ha ha, funny." But from an in-universe explanation... Is it tied to their status on the Mo Continent? Or is it linked to their memories? (Saburo has all his memories. Jiro is fuzzy, Taro has none. The twins... I'm almost thinking they're not really Motarians, and Edward's lying to them to get what he wants? But at the end of this episode, they did state "the MOParts are linked to your Motarian self" so who knows?)

Looking forward to the ED getting updated with everyone's Motarian forms.

"Four Tune" is cute. Not going to spoil anything, but like I said, the preview images and summary are already on the website. Seems like next week might be entirely a flashback?
Mar 5, 4:32 AM

Jul 2017
If you cannot target the human, target the dog next, and that's White Pegasus's next move against Monthly Moso Science.

Edward wanting both Noin and Perch to host a dog competition, and since Taro could not get a marriage partner, he shouldn't really have to think hard. And since remembering more of the Mo Continent will get fuzzy, Taro wanting Saburo to submit to him, though it soon overwhelms him of the dog talk. And this time, it's Saburo who wants to participate in Most City's Dog Show, despite it being sketchy.

Most City's Dog Show, sure makes up for a lot of the hilarity of the dogs just doing anything and everything they can to win the dog show. And what was NOT expected was Saburo turning into a bard human after being in contact with a MOPart, though Noin and Perch just can't get their act together. But what does matter now is Saburo being the key influential figure towards figuring out what happened to the Mo Continent. All they need now is to locate Four Tune, the girl who wrote the article all those years ago.

A crazy series, but with plot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8

5 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 21, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7

13 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 18, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1

6 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 17, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 25

13 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 16, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 18

12 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 15, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.