Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 23, 9:27 PM
Jun 2021
Do you guys think a one piece remake is this necessary given the anime hasn’t even finished and a lot of the early episodes were already reanimated to fit the modern art style and pacing of the series

i’ll watch it to see how its gonna be adapted but interesting choice to re adapt it

what do y’all
Jan 23, 9:43 PM

Jul 2015
When you see free money you don't ask if it is necessary.

Jan 23, 9:45 PM
May 2020
It absolutely is necessary. As it stands, it’s almost impossible for newbies to get into One Piece through the anime. You need to be a binge watching god with at least two months to spare to do it.

The weekly anime may well continue into the next decade, there’s really no reason to wait to remake it. This will hopefully provide an accessible entry point to the series.
Jan 23, 10:47 PM
Mar 2019
it is cause the animation is outdated and is in box format so a lot of people won't watch it cause it looks old and not high quality. they are probably gonna stop at when the show went to wide screen tv format and probably fix pacing issues.
Jan 24, 12:13 AM
Apr 2021
veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery necessary
Jan 24, 12:16 AM

Apr 2016
I mean it they have a lot of budget for it and considering that this a popular anime, fans will def watch it.
Jan 24, 1:15 AM

Sep 2016
It's necessary for those who are interested in One Piece but don't want to go through 1000+ episodes.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 24, 1:17 AM

Jan 2009
netflix sees demand for it im sure after the success of the live action
Jan 24, 1:38 AM

Sep 2022
omana said:
Do you guys think a one piece remake is this necessary given the anime hasn’t even finished and a lot of the early episodes were already reanimated to fit the modern art style and pacing of the series

i’ll watch it to see how its gonna be adapted but interesting choice to re adapt it

what do y’all

It is WIT Studio, so I know they will do a good job with art style and pacing, so yeah it was necessary to remove the stain of 'Bad Pacing' from One Piece, and I hope WIT will see it through the end.
Jan 24, 1:42 AM

Jun 2011
I think it is. The One Piece Live Action garnered a lot of attention towards One Piece, but there are so many people who couldn't get into the old Toei version. A modern version of One Piece is for the new fans who got into One Piece through the live action and wanted to get into the source material. (anime/manga)

A lot of long time One Piece fans like myself are also interested in how it would look with modern adaptation, and a lot of people who were afraid of getting into One Piece due to the length can now watch along the others with the new adaptation. It's a win-win situation.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 24, 1:49 AM
Feb 2022
As someone who’s never watched one piece i gotta say that if not for this remake i’d never even attempt to get into the series
Jan 24, 4:53 AM
Jul 2023
I'm actually interested in watching this, and I had zero interest in starting the already-existing anime. So I'd say it's definitely necessary to attract people like myself.
Jan 24, 8:29 AM
Jun 2021
onespankman said:
It absolutely is necessary. As it stands, it’s almost impossible for newbies to get into One Piece through the anime. You need to be a binge watching god with at least two months to spare to do it.

The weekly anime may well continue into the next decade, there’s really no reason to wait to remake it. This will hopefully provide an accessible entry point to the series.

yeha i’m so pissed cuz i’m still kind of new to one piece too and just after i watched 300+ episodes they decide to release a faithful adaptation ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jan 24, 1:36 PM

Feb 2022
No, but I don't think anyone will be bothered by this. Those of us who have fallen in love with One Piece from the beginning will be able to see the first steps of this work in good quality.
it is necessary? No. Will the fans be happy? Yeah.
Jan 24, 1:36 PM

Feb 2022
No, but I don't think anyone will be bothered by this. Those of us who have fallen in love with One Piece from the beginning will be able to see the first steps of this work in good quality.
Jan 24, 4:06 PM
Dec 2020
I think it’s necessary since there’s tons of people that want to watch the anime but don’t like the huge art style changes and filler. So the remake should be made while the series is still in heat. Especially since no one can spoil what the one piece is still.
Jan 24, 9:02 PM
Apr 2020
yes. one piece just the animation is dated๐Ÿ’€ it's boring it's stale๐Ÿคท revolutionary girl utena came out around the same time and that even has better animation and more style (also in need of updated animation). one piece has always struggled from having a bad director and toei just being very cheap while also milking one piece for all it's got. not saying Netflix isn't doing the same thing but at least Netflix shows are pretty sometimes.
Jan 25, 9:13 AM
Oct 2022
onespankman said:

Exactly, I’d love to watch some of my favorite arcs in anime form, but I quit watching at Dressrosa and read the manga because of the pacing and animation being so horrendous. Hopefully this adaptation means I can see a well animated and well paced version of one of my favorite manga.
Jan 26, 3:02 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to omana
onespankman said:

yeha i’m so pissed cuz i’m still kind of new to one piece too and just after i watched 300+ episodes they decide to release a faithful adaptation ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
@omana

Just keep watching!

Toei's One Piece is special!
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Jan 26, 6:06 PM

Apr 2013
the anime started over 20 years ago and the pacing in the anime has been awful for most of that. it Is definitely necessary in order to get new fans
Jan 26, 6:10 PM

Aug 2019
Money talks I guess. I don't see the remake as necessary, especially since it might potentially overshadow the original series.
Jan 26, 11:39 PM

Mar 2021
I genuinely think it is quite necessary.As it will drastically reduce the episode count which will help with the bad pacing and fillers
Jan 27, 12:20 AM
Dec 2023
Absolutely necessary...
Jan 29, 9:21 AM
Dec 2022
I wanted to watch one piece but I heard pacing is shit.
so I see this as a absolute must
Jan 29, 9:26 AM
Jan 2024
Nobody cares in Japan if it's necessary or not, the industry people simply saw it as a good way to make more money and made it happen, the rest is irrelevant. You people should really learn anime is an industry focused on making money, not some artistic medium that is decided based on what is necessary or relevant. It was less money making oriented back in the 80s and the 90s and early 2000s though.
spacecobra5Jan 29, 9:46 AM
Feb 1, 12:09 PM
Nov 2019
spacecobra5 said:
Nobody cares in Japan if it's necessary or not, the industry people simply saw it as a good way to make more money and made it happen, the rest is irrelevant. You people should really learn anime is an industry focused on making money, not some artistic medium that is decided based on what is necessary or relevant. It was less money making oriented back in the 80s and the 90s and early 2000s though.

But still it depends on the consumer demands too.
Feb 3, 4:57 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to Sxlemm_
@Sxlemm_ OP deserve it.
Feb 4, 3:30 PM

Nov 2014
yes, the anime is full of filler embedded into the dialogue, a 30 sec scene ends up being 3 minutes, multiply that by a thousand episodes and any manga reader will tell u its mostly just time wasting filler. Also lots of side stories and small (important) details get completely skipped. One piece NEEDS the FMA: Brotherhood treatment.

ใ€Œ ไฟบใ‚’่ชฐใ ใจๆ€ใฃใฆใ„ใ‚„ใŒใ‚‹๏ผใ€
ๅตไป™ไบบ
Signature | Transience

Feb 4, 3:34 PM

Jun 2015
Of course it's necessary. Have you seen what a shitshow the One Piece anime is? If it wasn't for the amazing story it wouldn't even be worth watching. It has all the same pacing issues and animation issues as Naruto and Bleach.
Read Toriko!
Feb 24, 1:06 PM

Oct 2014
Considering how watered down One Piece is compared to the manga, a remake makes total sense. It'll be more approachable for newcomers, it'll be more compact, easier to digest. Most people don't have time to get into regular One Piece.
Feb 25, 2:51 PM

Oct 2017
If it adapts everything and is paced properly yeah. OP post timeskip is unwatchable, and they could cover other things better. Despite it being one of the biggest battle shonen out there and one close to my heart, it's hard to honestly recommend to any fan who didn't just grow up with it like me. A re-adaption would still be a long trek but actually watchable for the vast majority of anime fans who aren't into it already.
Feb 25, 3:11 PM
Dec 2013
They might as well remake Detective Conan too at this point.
Feb 28, 5:35 AM
Aug 2020
I think it is, though i think its a bit early maybe wait until the manga is done.

I watched up to the end of wano act 2 of the anime before switching to manga, and while i love one piece and prefer watching anime to reading manga, the one piece adaptation kinda stinks, its nothing you havent heard before, theres no reason why an animated episode should cover less than a chapter of manga, dressrosa was awful, long op, long recap, super padded episode with flashbacks, long ep, long next time clips, adding up to like 10 minutes of new content

This remake can fix the awful padding issues since they wont have to worry about catching up to the manga, genuinely believe a redo could be the best way to watch the series and makes it so much more approachable
Mar 12, 9:22 PM
Nov 2022
Yess it's necessary because it will have better pacing,better direction,better SFX and most post time skip original series has animation issues until wano but it has direction and pacing issues
Mar 17, 1:19 AM
Aug 2022
i think it is neccecary, the animation of one piece is relatively old at this point its been 25 years after all and it will allow new fans to enter the franchise (also it will have less episodes and the new anime watchers will not get scared away the moment they see the episode count)
Mar 19, 11:28 AM
Aug 2019
So, its probably a remake with One Pace style pacing + new Animation. I want to check it out.
Apr 6, 4:20 AM
Mar 2022
Absolutely necessary, I tried watching one piece, stopped somewhere in the 100s. The only way I got that far was by watching it on x2 speed.
Apr 10, 3:59 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to argy97
i think it is neccecary, the animation of one piece is relatively old at this point its been 25 years after all and it will allow new fans to enter the franchise (also it will have less episodes and the new anime watchers will not get scared away the moment they see the episode count)
@argy97
The old animation is gold, but the pacing is the problem with the anime.
Too many padding and dragging the scenes and recaps.
Apr 17, 1:34 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to wildhood
They might as well remake Detective Conan too at this point.
@wildhood Detective Conan is 95% case of the week one-offs and 5% main plot. There's no skewed pacing for a remake to fix
Apr 25, 6:06 PM

Aug 2018
Personally, I find it unnecessary since One Pace and the manga exist.

But colour me surprised, maybe it's going to be the next best thing for One Piece.
May 9, 6:51 PM

Jul 2017
yes, the anime of OP is fucking garbage so this is needed
May 16, 5:20 AM

Nov 2017
Yes, now that I've caught up, I need at least double the weekly One Piece dose.

plz @ me
May 24, 10:52 AM
Aug 2020
Not really necessary but it will definitely be something to keep an eye for
May 25, 9:14 AM

Feb 2018
Obvious cash grab is obvious.

More topics from this board

» There's a chance Wit Studio could adapt all of One Piece in 6 years.

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

20 by xay_sama »»
2 hours ago

» Remember people, this anime won't tarnish Toei's One Piece!

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

20 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
May 26, 10:58 AM

Poll: » For people who've already watched/read through One Piece, will you be watching this?

JKKH - Dec 18, 2023

44 by Elfezen »»
May 17, 7:01 AM

» Hype! But, what about the VAs

theaznkid360 - Dec 17, 2023

25 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 25, 12:57 PM

» Is this completely unprecedented? ( 1 2 )

Caciulacdlac - Dec 17, 2023

55 by Baya128 »»
Apr 10, 11:52 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.