Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2023 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
This is actually kinda crazy. The despair...and all the thoughts running through Rebecca's head. 

Episode gave an uneasy feeling tbh. I feel bad for Rebecca since it seems to be dealing with all this drama the most. Even seeing some of the flashbacks were rough. But hey, Shiki is by her side so they do have hope. Not going to be easy to build a bright future but have to keep that hope up.
May 6, 2023 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
With Drakken Joe successfully subjugating the Edens Zero crew, Rebecca quivers in fear, absolute, overwhelming fear that the villain knows no bound of. Despite Laguna giving her a pep talk to ease her senses, Drakken Joe knowing that Rebecca's Ether power of Cat Leaper being able to change the laws of the cosmos, but the fact that it requires the user to awaken that power, he holds her hostage just to extract the prohibited power out of the acclaimed No. 29. And while taking a shower, Rebecca, thinking of Shiki and Co. whom have died at the hands of Drakken Joe, mysteriously activates the power, and is dragged back to the Edens Zero ship through gravity.

Thankfully, this was all a dream, and all that elapsed within the half-hour that she was unconscious. With the same flow of events playing out as Rebecca expected, she tries to warn them of the horrifying dream that comes as real as it does, and indeed, Rebecca's Cat Leaper power enables her to travel through time, backwards. A self-Chronophage as its called, but with the difference that she retains her memories, no one can expect the change, and this is scientifically impossible to prove. The next possible victim being of Labilia, and Rebecca got through Couch-Po to ascertain of her capture after she hasn't been social, it's indeed true. Winning against Drakken will be tough, but information is what they have, restarting from the time that Drakken's forces infiltrate Edens Zero, and reformed to their desired future. All the information is down with the strategy of everything that Rebecca knows of Drakken Joe, including the Element 4 and his desire to get the power that's seemingly known from Noah, any kind of weakness is essential to their advantage, like Shiki's plan to just crash onto Belial Gore and fight.

Turning the tables against Drakken Joe, this is just the first step. More to expect from carving out a different future!
May 6, 2023 10:33 AM
May 2021
Its gonna get even more interesting from now guys!
May 6, 2023 10:35 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if the number 29, which is now 30, means how many time this power was used, but how Drakken know that, that I don't know.
May 6, 2023 10:50 AM

Jun 2019
Oh... so that's how they were going to bring back the crew. Rebecca's powers are very strong and no wonder Drakken Joe wants her. But, now that she's back, she has all the info. and is helping her friends to beat Drakken Joe but I have a feeling that it's not gonna be that easy.

Plus, he changed the no. from 29 to 30 this time for Rebecca. What's with that? Has she used it 29 times before? But, only Rebecca is supposed to have memories of that. Let's see what comes out o it. Some more mystery is hidden somewhere.
May 6, 2023 10:53 AM

Feb 2019
Wow another great Edens Zero episode. I’m really glad they didn’t go with an asspull to bring shiki back. The time travel ether gear fits the theme of the series and makes sense while not eliminating stakes.

Rebecca’s number goes from 29 to 30, so she must’ve used this before but probably has no memories of it. Every time it’s used the universe must change somehow? Curious about how her ability really works and what the costs are.

Even with knowing about Drakken’s crew, fighting them still won’t be easy. They still have the strength advantage. But at least it’ll be a United front instead of the smaller teams from the first go.
May 6, 2023 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
there it is the main theme of the story is time travel now lets see how will they strike back
May 6, 2023 12:09 PM
Aug 2018
Rebecca ability is similar to Subaru (Re-zero) or Steins;Gate. 

I don't even see how Draken can steal her power. Considering Rebecca only needs a few second to "get the power" and "activate it", how can he steal it ?
But, anyway, I'm not really fan of the reaction of the Eden Zero team.
Rebecca was not eating, crying, being almost lifeless because Draken traumatized her... and let's than 30 minutes later she's willingly going back to save a "former friend". Wasn't she supposed to be traumatized ? Like 30 minutes ago ? It's too easy to show us an helpless Rebecca one minute and then switch to "yeah, we're gonna win". 
The rest of the team willingly deciding to attack Draken to save a "friend of a friend". Yeah, right... 
Honestly, it doesn't make sense, at least, if the person they needed to save was important... But, taking the risk of losing everything for a random girl.... 
Especially since they don't have any concrete plan to fight the wind girl and the earth dude and then you have also Draken...
Seems reckless.

But, it's gonna be interesting to see how much can change from just a few information. If anything, I hope the full Eden Zero team will at least have a chance to be cool, because, the author made them dirty in the last episode (it's easy to make character loose when they can try again in a few minutes... probably why the author didn't seem to care about anything since it would be erased anyway). 

Regarding the change from number 29 to number 30.
I was thinking number 29 meant the 29th person with the idea that Draken had a number of individuals whom he was interested to have in his team (or steal their power). 
But, why did he switch to 30 ? How could he know ? 
Since the way they were using number 29 before made it seem like they were designing a person (and not a number), it could mean this is the 29th "version" of Rebecca ? 
Now, I'm probably 100% wrong, but my idea is 

Let's see.... 
Rukodaime91May 6, 2023 12:22 PM
May 6, 2023 12:37 PM

Dec 2018
well, now i know what her number means. bold move to fly right through.
May 6, 2023 1:36 PM

Nov 2017
Oh golly, it was a dream. An incredibly scary one, but a dream nonetheless. It was pretty sad to see Rebecca in that state.

Rebecca's ether gear sure does come in handy, doesn't it?~ I do wonder why she's referred to as #30 instead of #29 this time around.

Even with having the information they do now, fighting Drakken and his subordinates isn't going to be easy y'know
May 6, 2023 2:39 PM

Nov 2016
Cat Leaper enabling Edens crew to start off round two with full force. That shit is broken xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2023 7:54 PM
Oct 2019
oh shit... Time Leap?
i love this Sci-Fi.

this is getting more interesting now.

but that ending though, why Drakken calling it No. 30 now?
WTF
May 6, 2023 10:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nice, this is Rebecca raising episode. Really caught me off guard when Rebecca held such an op ether gear power which even Drakken desire so much to extract and owned it by himself. She leapt the time back and that's answered why she ended up getting unconscious and waking up from such a weird dream. Which might means she already leap the time 30th times according to how Drakken increase the number Rebecca got as her initial from the previous episode. Perhaps, but its still an interesting idea to begin with, especially with self-chronophage Hermit mentioned xd. Tho theres a lot of question around those power especially still no answer behind all those number count. Where did its comes from? Who? Mother? Xiaomei? Or a brand new character? But well, at least i got a more concrete idea that they attack Drakken and his minions, all at once full force, not separated like what's happen before...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 7, 2023 1:38 AM
Councilor

Apr 2017
FMmatron said:
Cat Leaper enabling Edens crew to start off round two with full force. That shit is broken xD

No wonder Drakken wants this power. 
May 7, 2023 2:37 AM

Feb 2021
So She just time loop and now they are charging ahead to them? XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 7, 2023 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
Cof cof cof! Err... 30?? Doesn't he mean 29??
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
May 7, 2023 7:34 AM
Dec 2022
Oh man Drakken Joe id beyond evil!!😡😤
May 7, 2023 8:30 AM
Jul 2013
Explicaciones detallas del EG de Rebecca las dan más adelante, y no es onda hacer spoiler.

•Así que por lo pronto solo llamaremos a esto, el contraataque de la numero 30. 😉

•Prepare your * Drakken. 👊🏼
May 7, 2023 3:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow Rebecca's going back in time! So it means these events were true and Shiki really got killed, but of course it couldn't continue like that... now they're definitely better prepared since Rebecca knows everything that is going to happen, and they're directly going at Draken, it's gonna be much better ahah
May 7, 2023 4:42 PM

Jul 2015
Obviously, Shiki got killed, but he got better.
Turns out Rebecca's actual ability is quite broken.
Very good episode so far because we've seen a lot of Rebecca's feet.

May 7, 2023 4:48 PM
Oct 2014
phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering if the number 29, which is now 30, means how many time this power was used, but how Drakken know that, that I don't know.

this makes so much fuxxxng sense omg!!! that would mean she's looped 30 times wither that means solely with the cat leaper or the leap in general
May 7, 2023 4:50 PM
Oct 2014
jas-samaaa said:

are u cereal!!!! hell yeah I'm so invested I mean always have been love FT and love EZ but bow I'm even more excited
May 8, 2023 5:46 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Holy crap! Great ep!!

The cat leaper ability seems pretty hax tbh 😂 I predicted that she’d go back in time to right before Shiki got shot, but I didn’t expect a whole week! This works out great!

And most interestingly, Rebecca is now number 30! It clearly went up one after she used the leaper ability. So perhaps it’s the total recorded times that leaper has been used in history? If so, I wonder how it’s being counted.. maybe by the time oracle lady?

Bro Sister is so damn hot btw. God dayum
May 8, 2023 10:11 AM
May 2021
PastalNightMare said:
jas-samaaa said:

are u cereal!!!! hell yeah I'm so invested I mean always have been love FT and love EZ but bow I'm even more excited
Yep!! I do recommend checking out the manga also, u would enjoy!!
May 8, 2023 4:15 PM
Oct 2014
jas-samaaa said:
PastalNightMare said:

Yep!! I do recommend checking out the manga also, u would enjoy!!

tbh idk if I will I personally have been anime only for most of my almost 10 yrs of watching anime with a few exceptions and I've never read up on any of the FairyTail manga I always watched it as it airs so I feel the excitement going forth the same with EdensZero but idk I might
May 9, 2023 4:12 AM
Mar 2015
Cat leaper which was activated by the power of friendship saved Rebecca Shiki still plans to just charge in"How is that a plan?"
May 15, 2023 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
Rebecca's true power reveal, she can time leap. Hopefully things will go better for EZ crew this time.
May 15, 2023 3:45 PM

Mar 2021
Waaaaw, more mysteries !
So the dark episode we had before, they made us cry, but the fear is gone now, because she "rewind" time and its like it never happened

And the end, "n30", means she already rewind 29 time ? but she only start keeping her memory now ?
I remember she had a dream about Shiki saying "who's Happy ? It's the name of your dead cat", so maybe it happen too in a different timeline and she rewinded

But Draken knowing it, maybe he knows, or maybe he don't and only his mind knows it, because the rules of time changed, we know time changing is very complicated ^^"
But whatever the number, how does he know

Interesting !
May 15, 2023 8:33 PM
Aug 2020
Rebecca with the plot armor and a awesome ether power wow kinda crazy though she time leaped that's great because they know how to changed the outcome so far.
May 18, 2023 6:51 AM

Aug 2012
So many bad things:
1. Everyone seems to know stuff for no reason except to fill plot holes. From Drakken Joe to one of the Valkyries to Shiki. If someone said he had a dream time jump would not be one the first things I would think of. Yes if she had time to describe some things and then started to match up then yes but not at first.
2. Second the useless b cubber which for some reason had this bs power is supposed to know certain things because the bad guys told her that in the past episodes but she just guesses?
3. Drakken Joe is a complete moron for revealing the plan or why he is holding her to B cubber babe. More than that his plan to contain someone that can time jump and extract her power is extremely dumb. There are tons of ways to force her to awaken it and then extract it in a much safer way
4. Although Shiki is the main protagonist the attempts to put the chick in lead position all seem forced and unnatural. As a contrast look on how Ciri becomes The Lady of Space and Time in The witcher. 
5. Rebecca does not have enough information to stop most things in the future. If the virus and the space slime managed to infiltrate so easily ( which is stupid and unrealistic) one cannot take measures on the spot. Developping an antivirus without knowing anything about the virus or how is infecting the people is basically impossible.
6. If the Ninja and his sister are so strong simply knowing about their powers does not change jack shit. The element four may have used surprise to win but the ninja and his sister used pure power. Unless they have a way to know where they are at all time is kinda useless. And oving in a big group although would solve the problem it draws attention. 
7. Also let's keep it real: if an youtuber stops posting for 2 weeks would you consider it was kidnapped or would you think that maybe something came up. Maybe it had a flu, maybe it went to a funeral, maybe it had its device break... there are a ton of more plausible things that could have happened
nightcrawlercypMay 18, 2023 6:59 AM
May 22, 2023 5:25 PM

Jan 2017
Beccy's true ability is developing cat ears, what a revolutionary power!
May 29, 2023 6:58 AM

Dec 2015
ok, that redeemed it a little bit.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jul 2, 2023 10:18 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty funny when the backup plan for the villains failed.
Sep 3, 2023 3:49 PM

Mar 2020
AAAAAAH today it's the Armor plot to go back in time!!! 🤦‍♂️

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

47 by dhell26 »»
Mar 23, 9:39 PM

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - Feb 21

5 by yukiyamayui »»
Feb 27, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2023

33 by HavoKalypto »»
Feb 8, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

70 by HavoKalypto »»
Jan 30, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

36 by Arisa_85 »»
Jan 18, 9:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.