Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, these girls have their own fantasies as well thanks to that otome game. Now that the judo club is formed, they also got a tough looking advisor as well. He definitely has a scary looking face...

I have to admit, despite some of the comedy, the anime takes the judo sports theme seriously.
Jan 22, 2023 9:56 AM

Apr 2016
Well now they are a proper judo club with everything that goes with it, now they have an advisor, nice and a sharp looking lady that has more than meets the eye (i was wondering when they gonna get one). 

Also, some old rivalries appeared, wanted to have some real battle shounen talk with Towa, but our Michi couldn't help herself and constantly butt in, lmao. We are also about to see some real tournament soon it would seem.
Jan 22, 2023 10:01 AM

Apr 2014
And then we've got the first rival of the series. The next episode will be a very interesting one to watch.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 22, 2023 11:18 AM

Apr 2021
Can't wait to see them give their best next episode
Jan 22, 2023 11:18 AM

Mar 2021
Really enjoyed this episode the judo club have a new advisor and now off to their first competition as a club Can't wait for the next episode
Jan 22, 2023 4:05 PM

Nov 2016
Let's go Hiura! Good episode again, albeit maybe a bit fast paced. Considering how many chapters there are I bet that some stuff, in particular training was skipped. So guess I might check out the manga. I'm just afraid I won't be as satisfied with the anime anymore after that.

P.S. Nagumo should've replied " It will be black if you let your hair grow out till tomorrow"

Too bad Gondo ain't the club advisor. Would've been funnier with a guy like him. But Shino is fine too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 22, 2023 4:11 PM

Dec 2013
Anna was extra cute this episode, she really likes Michi.
Jan 22, 2023 6:28 PM
May 2020
Love this show so far. Easily this years Akebi’s Sailor Uniform equivalent.
Jan 22, 2023 6:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Didn’t take long and we’re already at the first competition, I’m definitely hyped along with the girls lol, it’s hard not to be in sports anime. And we already got some rivals too, this time being Towa’s senpai from middle school, the moment with them in the restaurant was funny with Michi breaking the tension all the time lol, but this is pretty exciting, next episode will be an interesting one.

We also met the club advisor, Shino, I thought she was a guy at first after that opening bit with the girls gushing over that teacher in the dating sim they were playing but tomboy Sensei is awesome too, it would have been funny if Gondo was the advisor tho, I also really liked the moment when Michi stood up for Nagumo about her hair, Nagumo is honestly growing to be my favorite too, I liked her serious moment with Towa on the train as well.
Jan 22, 2023 7:50 PM
May 2019
A good episode, but did the girls recognize the club advisor as a man or a woman?
Jan 23, 2023 2:55 AM

Feb 2021
I'm growing closer with each episode ^
It hits home especially for me because I've been exposed for a good amount of time to martial arts at a young age. So I might be enjoying this way more than I thought I would :'D

Jan 23, 2023 4:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Doubts before the tournament!!! kekeke
Jan 23, 2023 6:34 AM

Sep 2020
Man, the OP and ED are so good. I'm pumped for Towa to destroy this Amane chick.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 23, 2023 6:54 AM
May 2011
This show continues to be very good. The judo has been sparse so far, though, so I'm hoping the tournament really delivers
Jan 23, 2023 11:04 AM

Oct 2017
Their club advisor is a nice woman. Good to have her. Hiura had some trouble but luckily Michi was there to support her. Time for prelims.
Jan 23, 2023 1:32 PM

Apr 2012
KanameYuuki said:
Anna was extra cute this episode, she really likes Michi.
I don't know in what context you're talking, but there is canonically no romance at all

I'm starting to worry that a show like this has such low feedback. Of course, this is not an adaptation of a hit manga or the expected original show, but it feels like this show is almost unknown to the normie viewer.
Jan 23, 2023 1:51 PM

Dec 2013
RobertBobert said:
I don't know in what context you're talking, but there is canonically no romance at all

I'm starting to worry that a show like this has such low feedback. Of course, this is not an adaptation of a hit manga or the expected original show, but it feels like this show is almost unknown to the normie viewer.
I meant like as in appreciate her / as friends, Like when Michi was defending her because of her hair color and Anna couldn't help but feel embarrassed and hug Michi, and how Anna always wants to be  together, inviting Michi the kendo club or tagging along.
Jan 23, 2023 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
KanameYuuki said:
RobertBobert said:

I meant like as in appreciate her / as friends, Like when Michi was defending her because of her hair color and Anna couldn't help but feel embarrassed and hug Michi, and how Anna always wants to be  together, inviting Michi the kendo club or tagging along.
Ah, I see. It's just that I've seen people claim that she's something like a tsundere love interest for Michi, which surprised me, since even the Japanese Wikipedia separately writes that, unlike Yawara, there is no romance here.
Jan 23, 2023 6:20 PM

Jul 2016
Gondou-sensei as the club advisor would have been hilarious. Such a shame it wasn't the case.

Also Nagumo hugging Michi was so freaking cute!
Jan 24, 2023 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
That's pretty lame of b***h sempai to hold that grudge
“Villainy?” he interrupted. “My dear child, all that’s mere verbiage, prattle.
Nothing’s villainous if it causes an erection, and the single crime that exists in this world is to refuse anything that might produce a discharge.”
Jan 24, 2023 9:50 AM

Sep 2020
They have a coach now to guide them, funny that she just prohibit them do Judo outside training time at first.
Jan 24, 2023 12:29 PM

Jul 2017
The Rubgy Club advisor Gondo-sensei has returned, and he's real intense. Not even Michi can stand against Gondo-sensei, but at least they have a legit advisor: Shino Natsume-sensei, who's also a beginner like the girls. To excel in their first tournament, they'll have to watch their technique and food intake.

Towa's reunion with a her middle school Senpai rival: Erika Amane, and Michi just cannot sense the room enough to butt in on their conversation. But what's worse is that Towa feels off, and a good thing that Michi is there to help de-stress and change the mood, ready for the Inter-High qualifiers.

Aoba West vs. Kasumigaoka, it'll be an interesting match.
Jan 25, 2023 8:53 AM

Oct 2008
lolz a that very strict bald muscle giant PE teacher, good thing he got a bit karma from that great knockdown by Shino-sensei!
alright more Judo fights incoming and of course tournament!!
5/5.

Jan 25, 2023 5:32 PM

Oct 2015
I thought it was like expectation vs. reality when their teacher was a gorilla, but their judo adviser turned out to be a handsome woman! :D
   HuaLian <3
Jan 26, 2023 10:42 AM

Nov 2013
we already have a date for interhigh qualifiers, Towa is working hard
meanwhile the other 2 are in class playing an otome game
that teacher is scary as hell
why can't they use smartphones during breaks? dafuq that guy is hardcore, and he will be the club instrutor LOL
Anna was holding back so she had to do even more push ups, get rekt hahahaha
except she is a dirty little cheater and only did like 10 and in the wrong position LOL

oh now it's the actual new judo advisor,
that being said, the big guy once had good results with the ragby club
she made the big teacher reflect and even apologise lol what a pro
but in any case, she won't allow any judo moves unless she is close, it's dangerous

the teacher having a spar with Towa, and she beat her
apparently the teacher trained hard, but only recently she went ahead and took it serious to get that blue uniform
Anna clearly sad while watching them practice, she might have chosen the wrong side of the gym

that girl talking to Towa, meanwhile Michi trying to talk too, what a strange scene
Towa took her senpai place in the team, and even had that creepy smile, she will never forgive her for that lol they better have a revenge match in the next tournament
but Towa isn't doing so well in practice, even Michi doesn't feel good while doing Ippon on her
Michi always bending the mood to whatever she wants to lol with that they are back to trying hard at practice
mom notices Towa is smiling a lot more, that Michi picture is cute (just like the one from the Snow boy anime)

Towa and Anna meet in the train, and they aren't the best of friends yet lol
Anna shows off but she wants both clubs to do well in interhigh
Michi and Sanae finally appeared, just in time before the door closes, and the 4 happily go together

lol both our group and the senpai group from earlier meet, and 2 of them have to go to the bathroom (damn are they going to survive? lmao
Towa, after putting up her equipment, is able to talk to her senpai, she is ready to go and beat her again, can't wait to see it happen
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 25, 2023 2:02 AM
May 2023
This was a bit weak, or rather a bit boring.
Mar 6, 5:49 PM

May 2010
Man, I want more Gondo! Screw the feel-good teacher, I want guts and power!
“Money can't buy dere”

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2023

45 by Dedita »»
Apr 15, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2023

28 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2023

18 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2023

49 by Animes_never_die »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:02 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2023

67 by Animes_never_die »»
Aug 23, 2023 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.