Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 29, 2023 10:39 AM

Jul 2021
Mima is the definition of "GIGACHAD"

Apr 2, 2023 8:06 PM

Sep 2018
anyone else wonder what actually happened to Roboto? maybe that was him as the goofy-looking civilian asking for Chisato in the last scene in Hawaii? 😁
Apr 10, 2023 6:16 PM
Jun 2014
They made a incredible premises with an interesting shade of grey villain and clearly evil like organization and did nothing with it.  I rooted for Majima's success in the plot as he was such an interesting character and i found his viewpoint and beliefs very legit in a censored world where little girls run around shooting people to kill villains and likely to protect this organization. 

But you have to suspend your disbelief quite a lot to buy into the fact that no one knows of Lycoris when they're running around shooting everywhere. 
Apr 11, 2023 7:17 AM
Jul 2022
3 ostatnie odcinki to byly najlepsze
Apr 11, 2023 8:30 AM
Jul 2021
Green hair Villain sure tough and able to live through all the episodes.

Only one suggestion:
Since Chisato's iron heart is kinda 'immortal', I did not ask for Bad Ending, in spite of this, can I get the scene where Chisato take a bullet on chest for Takina(maybe).

Chisato x Takina Let's Goooooo
Apr 12, 2023 12:42 PM
Nov 2022
vary good and thankfully not as sad as I thought
Apr 20, 2023 3:18 AM
Apr 2023
Perfect mix of drama and comedy
Apr 21, 2023 3:50 PM
Feb 2021
The ending was so wholesome! made me sob my eyes out
Apr 29, 2023 8:28 AM
Apr 2023
Um bom final de temporada pra um anime incrivel
May 14, 2023 4:57 PM
Dec 2018
i love it <3333333
May 17, 2023 8:17 PM

Apr 2014
finally got around to watching this and will say i enjoyed it a lot

Kurumi is my fave of the series 

while the main pair Chisato and Takina are nice though will say there was moments when Chisato was pretty annoying but yeah.....

with that said im looking forward to more of this series when it comes hopefully that announcement was for a season 2  and not like some movie but guess we'll have to wait and see for more info to come and hopefully soon 
"one step at a time"
May 20, 2023 6:58 PM

Aug 2020
Ahhh the sweetness... Good to see the girls in action in this finale. Finally everybody can have some peace with Majima out of the scene (even if it's for a brief moment... we never know).

Chisato and Takina I love youuu
What a lovely cast!

May 26, 2023 8:37 PM
Oct 2021
I need help!

I know I’m kind of late, but just finished watching the last episode…

Can someone explain to me the epilogue of that 13th episode?

I have two theories about why no one talks about this… It seems to me either; 1. EVERYONE knows about the boy who was looking for Chisato. So there’s no point discussing it. Or 2. NOBODY have a care about him and who the hell he might be. Don’t know, don’t care.

I mean she dressed herself all specially sexy just for him and she also seemed very very very excited to see him.

I may have missed a few minutes of footage here and there. So maybe that boy is a secret special someone for her that I missed somehow… Though it was pretty obvious that the rest of the team didn’t know about him either.

So can someone tell me who is that guy?

Why was he looking specifically for her? In Hawaii, by that particular food truck? Why is Chisato so happy to see him?

He had a paper in hand. A reference of some sort from a third party? Directions to get the food truck? Who gave him the intel to find Chisato? How did he find her? From what I grabbed, even the Squirrel had a hard time finding her and even the Commander was not aware that the whole team was in Hawaii.

And I’m not sure if the boy even knew what Chisato was looking like before she greeted him. But still, she looked very pleased to see him.

My first guess was that it was the premise for the second season. But it kind of fell short. And I do not find any thread about it.

Dammit!!! It drives me crazy!!!

Help! Please!
Jun 2, 2023 2:33 PM
Mar 2022
I feel as if the anime focused on the action and characters more than the story but it was still pretty good.
Jun 7, 2023 5:46 PM
Oct 2020
Very nice indeed!
Jun 25, 2023 8:13 AM
Jan 2022
A nice ending to great combination of anime genres...
Jun 26, 2023 1:18 PM

Jan 2017
Massive 'W' anime!
Watching this weekly must have been an amazing experience because you had a whole week to feast on this happy feeling you get watching Chisato on screen :')
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jul 9, 2023 10:21 PM
Feb 2020
Wonderful finally
Jul 16, 2023 5:35 AM
Jan 2018
NicolasDaneau said:
I need help!

I know I’m kind of late, but just finished watching the last episode…

Can someone explain to me the epilogue of that 13th episode?

I have two theories about why no one talks about this… It seems to me either; 1. EVERYONE knows about the boy who was looking for Chisato. So there’s no point discussing it. Or 2. NOBODY have a care about him and who the hell he might be. Don’t know, don’t care.

I mean she dressed herself all specially sexy just for him and she also seemed very very very excited to see him.

I may have missed a few minutes of footage here and there. So maybe that boy is a secret special someone for her that I missed somehow… Though it was pretty obvious that the rest of the team didn’t know about him either.

So can someone tell me who is that guy?

Why was he looking specifically for her? In Hawaii, by that particular food truck? Why is Chisato so happy to see him?

He had a paper in hand. A reference of some sort from a third party? Directions to get the food truck? Who gave him the intel to find Chisato? How did he find her? From what I grabbed, even the Squirrel had a hard time finding her and even the Commander was not aware that the whole team was in Hawaii.

And I’m not sure if the boy even knew what Chisato was looking like before she greeted him. But still, she looked very pleased to see him.

My first guess was that it was the premise for the second season. But it kind of fell short. And I do not find any thread about it.

Dammit!!! It drives me crazy!!!

Help! Please!

He’s probably just a customer for there side activity’s like did originally at the cafe but this time they are based in Hawaii
Jul 21, 2023 12:58 AM
May 2017
Ok good show I guess but I got a few questions.
-A few episodes back, when Takina goes back to LycoReco to collect Chisato's phone (after Chisato received the photo of Yoshi kidnapped), did Takina just pull up in a motorcycle? She can drive? Or did someone else take her there? If so, who was it?
-What happened with the woman that was with Yoshi at the end? Did she die? Mika shot her, but were those the same non deadly bullets that Chisato uses? She's straight up just forgotten at the end.
-What was that nervous guy asking for Chisato even for? They even got him to sit down to wait for her. I didn't understand the direction of that situation at all.
Jul 24, 2023 3:05 PM

Dec 2022
Majima's "bomb" was really fireworks. I find it fits his sporadic moments of mildness. Chisato ended up survivng in the end, which is very fortunate for her. Mika obviously anticipated she wouldn't finish the job herself.

Really enjoyed this anime. It was very lively and well animated, with a host of vibrant or intriguing characters who reinforced nearly every scene against any risk of viewer boredom. The last two or three episodes felt more hacked together than I would've liked, but not to the point where I was unsatisfied with the show.

Shaded Horizon

Aug 16, 2023 5:26 AM

Dec 2013
Wasn't a huge fan of these last 4 episodes. Starting from around episode 9 the overall quality of the writing took a huge nosedive (along with my generally positive opinion of the show).

The best part of the episode was seeing the pink haired broad assassin lady get absolutely destroyed by Mika for messing with Chisato's heart. As for the rest of the episode, the less said, the better.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Aug 23, 2023 9:48 PM

Nov 2017
The show had a hard time keeping up with the first three episodes. A-1 fluff. But A-1 fluff is nice. 

Could've used more characterization...relied on cutesy a lot. Overall we didn't get a great big revelation that intrigues for more. If there's a S2 I'd hope they up their game, I'll be disappointed if it's more of the same. 

The characters are NOT yuri. But this is a cutesy show regardless and I liked it, and Joker Majima. The show also had a gay couple which seems like it must be controversial in old Japan. So, accomplished fluffyness. Fluffy ain't always bad. 

I'd really like the characters to have more motivation though. Either know more about Takina or something. MVP was Walnut and Chisato. 

A S2 would have to really come up with something for the characters to do that wasn't as dull as the backend of S1. Saw all of this coming, was let down not to get a twist in any way shape or form. 
Sep 16, 2023 3:34 AM

Apr 2013
So Majima lives again and Chisato lives as well so all that drama was for nothing in the very end. I'd bet that Yoshimatsu still lives as well.

Show started off really good and interesting, but then dropped the ball hard. The more serious episodes in the end were badly written and Chisato was really annoying with her goddamn goody-two-shoes attitude. Walnut best girl. 6/10
Oct 9, 2023 3:11 AM
Jan 2021
Really love this one ❤

And chisato voice is so freaking playful and sometimes sexy. Love it can't wait for s2
Oct 11, 2023 10:22 AM
May 2016
Lycoris Recoil is a 2022 original anime series produced by A-1 Pictures and directed by Shingo Adachi. The series follows the story of Chisato Nishikigi, a highly skilled Lycoris agent who works at the Lyco-Reco café, and Takina Inoue, a rookie Lycoris agent who is transferred to Lyco-Reco after failing her mission.

Lycoris Recoil is a must-watch for fans of action, comedy, and slice-of-life anime. The series features fluid and dynamic action sequences, witty dialogue, and heartwarming moments of friendship and camaraderie. The characters are also well-developed and likable, with Chisato's optimistic and outgoing personality contrasting perfectly with Takina's serious and reserved nature.

The series also explores a number of interesting themes, such as the nature of good and evil, the importance of teamwork, and the power of friendship. Lycoris Recoil is a series that has something to offer everyone, and it is sure to leave a lasting impression on viewers.

Here are some of the things that I particularly loved about Lycoris Recoil:

The action sequences are top-notch. The series features some of the best fight scenes I have ever seen in an anime, with fluid animation and dynamic choreography.

The characters are well-developed and likable. Chisato and Takina are a great duo, and their supporting cast is also well-written and engaging.

The series explores a number of interesting themes in a thoughtful and nuanced way.
The anime is visually stunning. The animation is smooth and fluid, and the character designs are expressive and appealing.

Overall, Lycoris Recoil is a masterpiece of an anime. It is a must-watch for fans of any genre, and it is sure to leave a lasting impression on viewers.

I highly recommend Lycoris Recoil to anyone who is looking for a well-made, entertaining, and thought-provoking anime series.

score: 10/10
Oct 23, 2023 12:08 PM
Nov 2021
goes hard for any gun nerds
Nov 5, 2023 10:53 PM

Dec 2022
Kurumi’s “aloha” at the end there had me rolling! So glad this had a sweet ending. I was fully prepared for a sad end like, the heart is right within grasp! But Chisato can’t break her principles! And then we have a bittersweet ending where Chisato dies and Takina stays at the cafe. So glad we DIDNT get that! Loved this ending, and loved the show.
Nov 12, 2023 11:08 AM
Sep 2020
loved the show s2 when
Nov 12, 2023 2:05 PM
Nov 2020
i love this graphic
Dec 8, 2023 10:58 AM
May 2020
this show was cute. takina and chisato made it fun to watch. cute/10
Dec 12, 2023 12:53 PM

Feb 2020
This is such a weird ending... With the way it was going, I figured the end wouldn't be satisfying no matter what, but that's beyond everything I imagined. I'm still trying to figure out why Chisato's first reaction when waking up at the hospital was to flee and travel around the world, but well. I think I shouldn't try to question this anime too much because there isn't much that makes sense in this story anyway.

I think my main problem with this show, aside from the plot holes and weird reactions, is that it didn't seem to know what it wanted to be. A comedic slice-of-life or a dark psychological story ? The anime never found a middle ground, and it showed. The problem is, neither of these two aspects weren't already very good on their own. At least the SOL was pretty fun, but the darker elements were seriously lacking some real depth. Chisato's character, to start with, is very questionable when I really think about how her idealistic mentality fits with the story and above all with her own behaviour. She absolutely wants to do good but couldn't care less about the world, refuses to kill but nearly willingly killed Majima by taking him with her when letting herself fall from the tower, had a mental breakdown over having to kill Shinji if she wants to survive yet is perfectly fine when she finds out she actually does have his heart now... And the other characters aren't any better.
The only one I found to be remotely interesting was Majima, who wasn't a bad antagonist at all and could've been a pretty good anti-hero if he were the protagonist, but even his character had some weird aspects, the show didn't seem to know very well what to do with him or how we were supposed to perceive him. He still was the best character though.
Well, this whole problem of "not knowing what to do" is a whole part of this anime anyway.

I can't say I disliked it, I had fun at times, I liked most characters despite my annoyance at some of their behaviour, I found some aspects interesting...
I'm just disappointed it didn't seem to try to be more and go in depth with what it had to offer.
I give it a 5/10, and I'm curious to see if there'll be a second season, that last Majima scene seemed to hint at it so I'll probably watch it if it ever comes out.
Dec 22, 2023 5:53 AM

Dec 2020
Basically a fantasy buddy buddy cop movie. Mostly light hearted and cutesy with a happy ending with high production value. Everything seemed really animated and well made. It was hyped upped when first released and I can see why. Binged it.

Let's see if anything else comes out of this as it was left open to more.
Dec 26, 2023 4:09 PM
Jul 2021
really good! cute ending
Jan 2, 1:55 AM
Jan 2021
LYCOOOO RECOOOOO
Jan 2, 11:53 PM

Mar 2021
They did Chisato dirty by hiding the truth from her, and did Takina dirty by using her as Chisato's plot armor.
Jan 20, 12:54 AM

Mar 2014
Good ending. Glad Mika stepped up as a father and did what had to be done for his daughter.

Cute that they got a food truck setup in Hawaii, but RIP their regular patrons back home lol
Feb 5, 3:35 PM

May 2021
Everyone got storm trooper aim its crazy
Im more with the main villain than I am with the goverment there kind of just evil vs evil villain
Sensei absolutely destroyed though
Kinda feel bad for majima where the explosions were only fireworks
Karva1Feb 5, 3:42 PM
Inhales oxygen
Feb 8, 1:59 AM

Mar 2015
Always love a final fight with a good OP music playing in the background. The OP is still stuck with me, been listening to it repeatedly recently.

Yoshi really is insane and dedicated to his ideals, he really implanted the heart inside of him. Chisato could never get the heart out of him, but Mika is resolved to do so.

Chisato went on a journey to spend her last moments in peace, but didn't know that they already replaced her artificial heart hahaha.

When Takina visits Chisato, she thought she's there to bring Chisato back, but its actually the other way around lol. Chisato took Takina and LycoReco with her on her journey, and this time its Hawaii!

I love the ending, Chisato and LycoReco gets a nice change of pace and get to enjoy themselves travelling. I wasn't expecting to enjoy this show as much as I did, Chisato carried this one for me. 9/10
Feb 11, 9:49 PM

Sep 2023
This show was bingewatch-in-one-sitting levels of goodness and by far the highest quality original anime from the past decade. Its crazy how LycoReco came out of nowhere and became such a hit. They'd be stupid to not turn it into a franchise and milk it for all its worth so its surprising how we havent heard much news in over a year after its broadcast.
There's no way we won't get an announcement of a sequel, movie, or spin-off by the end of 2024... right?!

Mar 30, 3:40 PM

Aug 2019
im pissed at that ending. chisato lived like i wanted but that she ran away to some remote island annoyed me, probably stupid of me but i feel betrayed. i would have wanted a reunion between the two girls where takina hugs chisato while crying so hard that i myself begin crying.

so now they have a van thing in hawaii. dont know what that "are you in trouble" thing was about, just helping people like they used to?

also how the fuck is green hair still alive? there were hints that some guns are still in civilian possession and green hair is alive so things will continue to happen in tokyo but the main cast doesnt seem to care so thats probably it for the series, no second season. id take a short special spin off show with chisato and takina living happily. so yuri bait as there isnt enough new yuri to watch. im gonna go read a yuri manga actually.

all in all i did like this show. their relationship was fun, "she is my partner!"

actually. this exists:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/54440/Lycoris_Recoil_Shinsaku_Animation
HiljainenSipuliMar 30, 3:49 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 6:37 PM
Mar 2024
Hope There Is A S2 Soon
May 9, 6:04 PM
Jan 2024
Really great, Tied up some of the stuff that lied around after the last episode, and had some great action
May 15, 5:21 PM

Oct 2022
The final fight was pretty good, Majima is an interesting guy. His methods are terrible but his ideals are actually understandable in some way. I liked the way Chisato's vulnerability shown with her heart problem... gave way to a very emotional scene with Mika and Yoshimatsu. It was a very fitting end for him, so it seems Mika (not Yoshimatsu) had to do with Chisato getting the new heart; but Mika let Chisato think it was her hero after all. Good to see everything back to normal at Lyco-Reco and they opened a food truck in Hawaii that's neat. The visuals in this episode were amazing, the darkening city scene and the Hawaiian sunset scenes really good.
This was a really fun anime I enjoyed it.
May 20, 4:51 PM
Sep 2023
That was Jawesome! I loved the ending where they kissed and said "damb,,,," that truly was a lycoris recoil.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

284 by SuperAdventure »»
May 15, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

304 by xiiraito »»
May 4, 9:07 AM

» Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Jan 29, 2023

120 by Spunkert »»
May 1, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.