Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 19, 2021 5:03 AM

Mar 2020
I mean like seriously, in the start everyone was labeling it as a yaoi bait without even watching it
Then there were alot others who pointed out different things which in their point of view the story did wrong...(which is kinda absurd)
Then the ones who Drew conclusions regarding the story just from the first episode(And the writer confirmed thats not really the conclusion in the latest interview regarding the anime) here is the link
https://ddnavi.com/interview/808972/a/

(U can use google translater to read the interview)

And now many who are angry because vanitas was not goofy, idiot character which they thought him to be and that he turned out to be something dark instead due to the kiss..and mind u jeane literally was about to roast the dude and he just used a method to save his skin in the end?

My point is, Just have patience, everything will be explained in the story and the writer does break alot of first expersions and theories that the viewers have in the start.
Also she breaks alot of troupes as well.
In addition to this she does explain everything(Everyone familiar with her works is aware of this fact ngl)
So stop being nitpicky guys.....
And Have patience
234MannanJul 19, 2021 11:27 PM
Jul 19, 2021 5:29 AM
Oct 2016
Dude say it louder omg🙏 This some real facts right here deadass. As a manga reader, I can say that the anime was definitely not perfect and there are tons of things I can pick at. But for first views, like anime only watchers, they are being rly dramatic. Genuinely this is a series I love, with characters I love, and yes the anime is not perfect, but see the good in it ffs. If you don’t like it, read the manga but give it a chance at least.
Jul 19, 2021 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
Fans are always nit picky with shows. And I don’t really get how kissing someone suddenly turns a goofy character like Vanitas into someone dark. That makes no sense to me. Besides, his personality stayed the same anyways.
Jul 19, 2021 6:56 AM

Feb 2019
So what you're saying is it gets even better than it already is???

Ok, Strap in, it's time for my easy 10/10 for the season.

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Jul 19, 2021 7:12 AM

Nov 2019
Well, one way it's good that they are thinking so much while watching this show. But I think they shouldn't be explained beyond a certain limit.

Like it's a work of fiction, and mystery is one of its biggest components. If people highlight a particular aspect, which is not even a flaw, and complain about it because of their own insecurities, they shouldn't be taken too seriously.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 19, 2021 7:20 AM

Apr 2016
People on MAL are like this with every anime, tbh. So, I think it's just natural to be happening with VnC as well. Just go see the threads of other summer animes. Almost all of them - if not all - will have threads and threads of people complaining about all sorts of things. And, if there aren't threads like this, you can be sure that people will be complaining in the episodes discussions instead. Don't be so concerned.
Jul 19, 2021 7:32 AM
Jan 2021
SpiralVampire said:
Dude say it louder omg🙏 This some real facts right here deadass. As a manga reader, I can say that the anime was definitely not perfect and there are tons of things I can pick at. But for first views, like anime only watchers, they are being rly dramatic. Genuinely this is a series I love, with characters I love, and yes the anime is not perfect, but see the good in it ffs. If you don’t like it, read the manga but give it a chance at least.
there are problems with the anime? I liked this anime from the first episode, I guess I’m part of the minority
Jul 19, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Oof yesss i've been following it from the first episode and I really liked the characters as well as the animation. I even liked the twist with the kiss, I dont think it made him any darker, and even if it, it just showed more of his personality which is the whole reason why we watch the show
Jul 19, 2021 9:01 AM

Jun 2014
The reason why I don't want Pandora Heart remake is because of this outcry on MAL. People here are just way too dramatic. It's laughable how people simp over stupid shows despite bad endings ahm ahm and defend them to death, but judge a show based on first few episodes. Imagine Dropping Pandora Hearts at chap 27 or something LOL. I'm only happy for Jun Mochizuki. People can leave this show alone by not creating BL or other stupid shit.
Jul 19, 2021 9:04 AM
Oct 2020
How to spot an annoying fan:makes judgements w/out following the 3ep rule 😫😂 lol thé show barely started give it tiiime.
Jul 19, 2021 11:16 AM

Mar 2020
SpiralVampire said:
Though i agree with u as a manga reader, i barely found any problems in the anime. The thing is what works in a manga sometimes doesnt work in the anime,(Even jun stated that in her latest interview) and tbh everything till now is done in a great manner. From direction to voice acting to animation..And they even Enchanced some scenes such as the flash backs and the Charlatan parade, not to mention the music!
234MannanJul 19, 2021 12:05 PM
Jul 19, 2021 11:17 AM

Mar 2020
shiromaru32 said:
SpiralVampire said:
there are problems with the anime? I liked this anime from the first episode, I guess I’m part of the minority
Not really i for one think it is great as the anime
Jul 19, 2021 11:19 AM

Mar 2020
humantwig said:

Well to be perfectly honest, the anime is at the weakest part of the manga and plot progression hasnt even begin yet but it will after the next episode
234MannanJul 19, 2021 11:36 AM
Jul 19, 2021 11:21 AM

Mar 2020
PiedPiper_ said:
The reason why I don't want Pandora Heart remake is because of this outcry on MAL. People here are just way too dramatic. It's laughable how people simp over stupid shows despite bad endings ahm ahm and defend them to death, but judge a show based on first few episodes. Imagine Dropping Pandora Hearts at chap 27 or something LOL. I'm only happy for Jun Mochizuki. People can leave this show alone by not creating BL or other stupid shit.
IKR imagine dropping PH at chapter 5! I have seen some people who say its the worst manga just after reading the first 5 chapters and then claiming Garbage shounen Masterpieces...(No offence though) But i do want a perfect adaptation of this masterpiece ngl. I mean Brotherhood got a bad reception in the start but now its at the top. Tbh If it ever recieved a great adaptaion, i wont be surprised if it out does everything currently in the top
234MannanJul 19, 2021 11:36 AM
Jul 19, 2021 11:23 AM
Oct 2016
234Mannan said:
SpiralVampire said:
Though i agree with u as a manga reader, i barely found any problems in the manga. The thing is what works in a manga sometimes doesnt work in the anime,(Even jun stated that in her latest interview) and tbh everything now is done in a great manner. From direction to voice acting to animation..And they even Enchanced some scenes such as the flash backs and the Charlatan parade, not to mention the music!
O It’s rly minor stuff that I’m being picky bout pff. Like I said, people should see the good in it and I’m glad you like it 100%. I’m watching the anime too because I think it’s genuinely not as bad as people are going on bout. I agree w Jun also, yeah definitely some things can’t b transferred and that’s just part of the experience. Also yes the music😩👌
Jul 19, 2021 11:26 AM
Oct 2016
234Mannan said:
shiromaru32 said:
Not really i for one think it is great as the anime
^^^ yeah the anime is great. People just keep not giving it a chance and forming assumptions/opinions then getting disappointed. Like w the whole “BL Bait” thing and Vanitas actually having more to his character. You’re not part of the minority tho, lots of people do like it, there’s just always that group that’s unfair
Jul 19, 2021 11:32 AM

Mar 2020
SpiralVampire said:
234Mannan said:
Though i agree with u as a manga reader, i barely found any problems in the manga. The thing is what works in a manga sometimes doesnt work in the anime,(Even jun stated that in her latest interview) and tbh everything now is done in a great manner. From direction to voice acting to animation..And they even Enchanced some scenes such as the flash backs and the Charlatan parade, not to mention the music!
O It’s rly minor stuff that I’m being picky bout pff. Like I said, people should see the good in it and I’m glad you like it 100%. I’m watching the anime too because I think it’s genuinely not as bad as people are going on bout. I agree w Jun also, yeah definitely some things can’t b transferred and that’s just part of the experience. Also yes the music😩👌
Oh yeah that minor stuff. I get u
Jul 19, 2021 11:35 AM

Mar 2020
SyrupyMaple said:
Fans are always nit picky with shows. And I don’t really get how kissing someone suddenly turns a goofy character like Vanitas into someone dark. That makes no sense to me. Besides, his personality stayed the same anyways.
Well he is quiet dark but that scene didnt told us that and people drew conclusions on their own framing him and all...
Jul 19, 2021 11:57 AM

Nov 2014
I wonder how the heck people came to conclusion Vanitas became dark and lost his goofiness 'cause he kissed Jeanne? As far as I know, he is still the giant, comedic, carefree and excitable jerk in the manga and I love him for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2021 12:11 PM

Mar 2020
TheOneOfSeven said:
I wonder how the heck people came to conclusion Vanitas became dark and lost his goofiness 'cause he kissed Jeanne? As far as I know, he is still the giant, comedic, carefree and excitable jerk in the manga and I love him for it.
He is certainly dark though(Especially after the latest chapter) but that scene didnt depict that...I mean there havent even reached

However he is more of a mystery character then dark. He just have a dark hidden but that is not really the main part of his character imo(He is quiet complex imo though)
Jul 19, 2021 1:26 PM
Mar 2021
From my observation, it's difficult for some people to accept this story because:
1. It seems Jun Mochizuki intentionally make the beginning not really grand but keep foreshadowing so people will still read it (She likes to mislead people). But compared to famous anime, the first episode maybe not grand enough (For example: In attack on titan, the wall break and Eren's mom eaten. In Demon Slayer, Tanjiro's family died and Nezuko become demon. In Jujutsu Kaisen, Itadori eat Sukuna's finger so Sukuna appear). So people decide this won't be interesting.
2. Some people have certain prejudice. For example: If 2 male leads, then it's BL. If the drawing is beautiful like this, this will be anime for women (joseimuke). If there is french kiss, blood-sucking and licking then it's echi.
3. Some people can't accept how the character is. As you said, people already have certain perception about the character and it seems some people can't accept how the character turned out to be.
4. Some people can't accept how the story turned out. Some people maybe don't like that there is romance for example.

Well, it can't be helped since Jun Mochizuki make this story according to what she want not what most audience will accept. She likes to mislead people and make people have certain impression before crush it. But people don't know about this and assume it won't escalate. As manga reader, what we can do just explain to them.
Alice0006Jul 20, 2021 7:36 AM
Jul 19, 2021 11:26 PM

Mar 2020
Alice0006 said:
From my observation, it's difficult for some people to accept this story because:
1. It seems Jun Mochizuki intentionally make the beginning not really grand but keep foreshadowing so people will still read it (She likes to mislead people). But compared to famous anime, the first episode maybe not grand enough (For example: In attack on titan, the wall break and Eren's mom eaten. In Demon Slayer, Tanjiro's family died and Nezuko become demon. In Jujutsu Kaisen, Itadori eat Sukuna's finger so Sukuna appear). So people decide this won't be interesting.
2. People have certain prejudice. For example: If 2 male leads, then it's BL. If the drawing is beautiful like this, this will be anime for women (joseimuke). If there is french kiss, blood-sucking and licking then it's echi.
3. Some people can't accept how the character is. As you said, people already have certain perception about the character and it seems some people can't accept how the character turned out to be.
4. Some people can't accept how the story turned out. Some people maybe don't like that there is romance for example.

Well, it can't be helped since Jun Mochizuki make this story according to what she want not what most audience will accept. She likes to mislead people and make people have certain impression before crush it. But people don't know about this and assume it won't escalate. As manga reader, what we can do just explain to them.
To be perfectly honest, the beginning was rather different from what u expect from a typical anime like u said grand(I actually dont like jjk tbh aot is okay and ds hasnt even reached those parts yet where u can say its astounding not to mention this is a dialouge heavy storyline with actual good characters fom the get ago). Jun Does alot of info dumping, well after the next 2 arcs, I doubt anyone will complain but most people dont have patience i suppose..
Jul 20, 2021 1:58 AM

Jun 2014
Also want to point out, if you search up the meaning of the word "Vanitas" on google two things show up, One is 17th century painting which symbolizes "A vanitas is a symbolic work of art showing the transience of life, the futility of pleasure, and the certainty of death, often contrasting symbols of wealth and symbols of ephemerality and death".

And the latin word "Vanitas" which goes as "the Latin noun vanitas (from the Latin adjective vanus 'empty') means 'emptiness', 'futility', or 'worthlessness'".

If you take both of these examples, these perfectly describe the Vanitas as a character. I'm astonished by how much detail Mochizuki Jun goes into. Even in PH the names and the actions characters took were significant.

Also If you look at the last pages of Chapter 1 in Vanitas No Carte Manga. Where people didn't pay much attention but simply jumped on "Manga Bad because end hinted" BS. There is a line foreshadowed where Vanitas says "I won't die Noe, Even if I'm no longer here". Which i feel 90% of the readers slept on. Which I believe would be essential at the end. I have a feeling that Vanitas might not be human or vampire, he might be symbolization of some abstract concept itself

I wish there was someone like "Neiru2013" user on MAL who could write blogs on VNC for all the symbolism and work Jun Mochizuki put in. If anyone wants to read her PH Blog checkout this link http://twilightvisions.com/pandora.html .

Lastly, it's very hard for author to give back-to-back Masterpieces. Although I'm a bit afraid on how VNC might turn out. But I have high hopes for VNC because PH was unlike anything I have read. No other Manga or Shounen BS comes close to this. And the only Manga That I have given 10.

Jul 20, 2021 2:20 AM
Mar 2021
234Mannan said:
Alice0006 said:
2. People have certain prejudice. For example: If 2 male leads, then it's BL. If the drawing is beautiful like this, this will be anime for women (joseimuke). If there is french kiss, blood-sucking and licking then it's echi.

To be perfectly honest, the beginning was rather different from what u expect from a typical anime like u said grand(I actually dont like jjk tbh aot is okay and ds hasnt even reached those parts yet where u can say its astounding not to mention this is a dialouge heavy storyline with actual good characters fom the get ago). Jun Does alot of info dumping, well after the next 2 arcs, I doubt anyone will complain but most people dont have patience i suppose..

That's what I said right? Because it's different from what famous anime usually do, they think it's not good enough, not attractive enough, they don't know/don't understand the direction. I am not talking about you (it means I don't care if you like JJK or not but it's a fact JJK is famous), I am talking about people in general. Those manga are mainstream but acceptable in general. I actually read Japanese tweet and Japanese impression everyday and they think first episode is too weak and many of them don't like the gag. Jun Mochizuki's way of story telling is kinda different with those manga which is good for me because I can read hint and foreshadow and I am used to read shoujo/josei (They usually don't have grand first chapter, just foreshadowing what will happen) but many people have weak impression because of it. Just look at shadow house, how many people watch it until the end because the beginning look like slice of life? It has similar story telling with Jun Mochizuki. Other than that, because of prejudice. I actually think first episode is good enough but it seems many people don't think so that's why I try to analyze it from people reaction (Mainly Japanese though).
Alice0006Jul 20, 2021 7:37 AM
Jul 20, 2021 3:31 AM

Mar 2020
PiedPiper_ said:
Also want to point out, if you search up the meaning of the word "Vanitas" on google two things show up, One is 17th century painting which symbolizes "A vanitas is a symbolic work of art showing the transience of life, the futility of pleasure, and the certainty of death, often contrasting symbols of wealth and symbols of ephemerality and death".

And the latin word "Vanitas" which goes as "the Latin noun vanitas (from the Latin adjective vanus 'empty') means 'emptiness', 'futility', or 'worthlessness'".

If you take both of these examples, these perfectly describe the Vanitas as a character. I'm astonished by how much detail Mochizuki Jun goes into. Even in PH the names and the actions characters took were significant.

Also If you look at the last pages of Chapter 1 in Vanitas No Carte Manga. Where people didn't pay much attention but simply jumped on "Manga Bad because end hinted" BS. There is a line foreshadowed where Vanitas says "I won't die Noe, Even if I'm no longer here". Which i feel 90% of the readers slept on. Which I believe would be essential at the end. I have a feeling that Vanitas might not be human or vampire, he might be symbolization of some abstract concept itself

I wish there was someone like "Neiru2013" user on MAL who could write blogs on VNC for all the symbolism and work Jun Mochizuki put in. If anyone wants to read her PH Blog checkout this link http://twilightvisions.com/pandora.html .

Lastly, it's very hard for author to give back-to-back Masterpieces. Although I'm a bit afraid on how VNC might turn out. But I have high hopes for VNC because PH was unlike anything I have read. No other Manga or Shounen BS comes close to this. And the only Manga That I have given 10.

Wow u gave me another reason to love VNC and jun more at the same time. As a person who has been following jun works from the start, i am actually pretty surprised by the fact that all her works are amazing to say the least. From crimson shell to vanitas all desrve.a 10 .all of them. By the way i do recommend crimson shell its a one shot but its amazing as well
Jul 20, 2021 3:50 AM

Mar 2020
Alice0006 said:
234Mannan said:

That's what I said right? Because it's different from what famous anime usually do, they think it's not good enough, not attractive enough, they don't know/don't understand the direction. I am not talking about you (it means I don't care if you like JJK or not but it's a fact JJK is famous), I am talking about people in general. Those manga are mainstream but acceptable in general. I actually read Japanese tweet and Japanese impression everyday and they think first episode is too weak and many of them don't like the gag. Jun Mochizuki's way of story telling is kinda different with those manga which is good for me because I can read hint and foreshadow and I am used to read shoujo/josei (They usually don't have grand first chapter, just foreshadowing what will happen) but many people have weak impression because of it. Just look at shadow house, how many people watch it until the end because the beginning look like slice of life? It has similar story telling with Jun Mochizuki. Other than that, because of prejudice. I actually think first episode is good enough but it seems many people don't think so that's why I try to analyze it from people reaction (Mainly Japanese though).
Actually vanitas is a hit in japan right now. Though i dont know all the details..
Jul 20, 2021 4:18 AM

Aug 2017
Personally, when I first read the manga I found it quite good at the beginning. But as the story progressed, I was kind of disappointed (maybe the evolution of the characters wasn't what I was expecting).

234Mannan said:
Alice0006 said:

Actually vanitas is a hit in japan right now. Though i dont know all the details..

What defines an anime to be a hit in Japan though?
Jul 20, 2021 7:46 AM
Mar 2021
234Mannan said:
Alice0006 said:

How do you know it's a hit? You make voting? You do research?
I actually see people reaction with Vanitas in first episode and see voting and it's low (I forget the exact number, it's lower than rank 15). That's why I try to understand why they think like this by seeing Japanese tweet and reaction and I summarized it here. Of course this is just through my observation so I can't generalized it, that's why I said "some" and "maybe".
Jul 20, 2021 9:02 AM

Mar 2020
Alice0006 said:
234Mannan said:

I actually see people reaction with Vanitas in first episode and see voting and it's low (I forget the exact number, it's lower than rank 15). That's why I try to understand why they think like this by seeing Japanese tweet and reaction and I summarized it here. Of course this is just through my observation so I can't generalized it, that's why I said "some" and "maybe".
I saw the news :) its not what u call a major hit, but Its pretty successful as of right now and if it made in top 20 or 30 in twitter then that is good progress as well:)..In any case alot of people are watching and streaming the anime as of right now..and from what u have told me, most of them seemed confused rather then disappointed. Also Jun(I mean if u the articles studied the aricles) is a highly acclaimed writer in japan(Pandora hearts was the 2nd most popular manga in g fantasy during 2015 if i remember correctly) not to mention she has alot of fans as well including yuki kaijura(Who is quiet famous)...Not to mention social media is not a reliable source of things I mean ds is literally one of the most successful anime right now but just look at its status on fb and u will get a completely different picture.. In addition to all of this, the anime has a high production cost and alot of famous voice actors(Roland will be done by miyano if i am not mistaken and natsuki hanae is famous in japan as well i heard that from a japanese friend though)not to mention it is done by bones...So u can imagine its success once it finishes airing:) and it is successful to some extent till now as well. What i am tring to say on the thread though is to have patience to the confused viewers for the most part because i dont think many will complain after it finishes

Quiet excited though( i read alot of articles and news at random websites so i dont really remember the places tbh so i wont be able to provide the links)

234MannanJul 20, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 20, 2021 9:09 AM

Mar 2020
Myskae said:
Personally, when I first read the manga I found it quite good at the beginning. But as the story progressed, I was kind of disappointed (maybe the evolution of the characters wasn't what I was expecting).

234Mannan said:

No offence but i am pretty sure u are not caught up with the manga or maybe you didnt understood the mechanics of the world and the characters?....
234MannanJul 20, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 20, 2021 10:33 AM
Mar 2021
234Mannan said:
Alice0006 said:

I saw the news :) its not what u call a major hit, but Its pretty successful as of right now and if it made in top 20 or 30 in twitter then that is good progress as well:)..In any case alot of people are watching and streaming the anime as of right now..and from what u have told me, most of them seemed confused rather then disappointed. Also Jun(I mean if u the articles studied the aricles) is a highly acclaimed writer in japan(Pandora hearts was the 2nd most popular manga in g fantasy during 2015 if i remember correctly) not to mention she has alot of fans as well including yuki kaijura(Who is quiet famous)...Not to mention social media is not a reliable source of things I mean ds is literally one of the most successful anime right now but just look at its status on fb and u will get a completely different picture.. In addition to all of this, the anime has a high production cost and alot of famous voice actors(Roland will be done by miyano if i am not mistaken and natsuki hanae is famous in japan as well i heard that from a japanese friend though)not to mention it is done by bones...So u can imagine its success once it finishes airing:) and it is successful to some extent till now as well. What i am tring to say on the thread though is to have patience to the confused viewers for the most part because i dont think many will complain after it finishes

Quiet excited though( i read alot of articles and news at random websites so i dont really remember the places tbh so i wont be able to provide the links)

Sigh, you know what, I am a fan of her and I want her to be famous. I am talking like this not because I am attacking her, you make it sound like I don't know how good she is, the production, etc. I know all of the thing you said and even more than what you said (Some of the things you said are biased but I won't say anything because I don't want to make this conversation longer). I don't know what's your intention saying something like this honestly.

My point: I said all of that just want to share what I found in internet. From that, I think what we should do as manga reader is to explain if they are confused and promote it more. That's all.

But it seems you are triggered by me saying maybe some people think it's not grand enough. That's what people said not me, but you start explaining to me things like this. Or am I not allowed to say what I found in internet about why maybe some people can't accept this story in the beginning in this forum?
What I did --> I saw Vanitas rank low --> I want to know why --> I searched people opinion --> I shared it in this forum.

News, I have seen many news say an anime is popular but it's actually not. Good production is not equal to popularity. There are many anime with good production but isn't accepted.
https://twitter.com/nomayuya/status/1417492124472418312?s=09
Look at this person status. This is based on nico live ranking and Vanitas is ranking 23 from 34 for this summer. If you think this is good, then it's up to you but for me this is not good ranking.
Alice0006Jul 20, 2021 10:40 AM
Jul 20, 2021 11:02 AM

Mar 2020
Alice0006 said:
234Mannan said:

Sigh, you know what, I am a fan of her and I want her to be famous. I am talking like this not because I am attacking her, you make it sound like I don't know how good she is, the production, etc. I know all of the thing you said and even more than what you said (Some of the things you said are biased but I won't say anything because I don't want to make this conversation longer). I don't know what's your intention saying something like this honestly. My point: I said all of that just want to share what I found in twitter. From that, I think what we should do as manga reader is to explain if they are confused and promote it more. That's all. But it seems you are triggered by me saying maybe some people think it's not grand enough. That's what people said not me, but you start explaining to me things like this. Or am I not allowed to say what I found in internet about why maybe some people can't accept this story in the beginning in this forum?
What I did --> I saw Vanitas rank low --> I want to know why --> I searched people opinion --> I shared it in this forum.

News, I have seen many news say an anime is popular but it's actually not. Good production is not equal to popularity. There are many anime with good production but isn't accepted.
https://twitter.com/nomayuya/status/1417492124472418312?s=09
Look at this person status. This is based on nico live ranking and Vanitas is ranking 23 from 34 for this summer. If you think this is good, then it's up to you but for me this is not good ranking.
Oh please dont misunderstand. I am sorry if i sounded biased or rude. That was not my intention tbh.. I was tring to relay my point across i guess i made it sound like that i suppose and i for one know that u are a huge fan of jun i mean we are friends on mal...(But honestly i was just tring to answer the question and i humbly apologize if i sounded rude) In anycase what i am tring to say is that according to the official standreds and considering the fact that the plot progression hasnt really begin yet, this is actually good. I wont be surprised if it went alot higher after some fight scenes and Noe complete flash back in the next few episodes.(And after roland i am pretty sure it will be alot more famous not to mention how amazing the 2nd cour will be with chloe! and her piano!!!) WHat I am tring to say is that, bones anime mostly end up popular and this is basically just a start.(And most people in japan do watch anime due to the voice actors as well and i dont remember many anime with such a high production quality being under the radar tbh... its quiet rare) Frankly vanitas is doing much better then most shows and as u already implied before that the starting of jun stories are not dramatic or grand but if people follow it through then its a rare case that they will ever get disappointed!(Meaning its almost a rarity for anyone to be disappointed in her works if they have followed it till the end or halfway through!) instead most of the readers or viewers are left in a awe. But yes a part of me wants it to be waaaay higher as well but that would be impossible at the current moment (Considering vanitas plot progression hasnt begun yet)but hey we too need patience and if its already doing a satisfactory job then who knows it might be one of the most famous shows in the future!!(Again I am not tring to sound rude.. I am pretty sure u are aware of alot of things which i am not as well and i was just tring to convey what i knew for the most part as well) Have Great day /night!
234MannanJul 20, 2021 11:08 AM
Jul 20, 2021 11:30 AM

Aug 2017
234Mannan said:
Myskae said:

No offence but i am pretty sure u are not caught up with the manga or maybe you didnt understood the mechanics of the world and the characters?....

Well, as I said, I was mainly disappointed on how the characters are handled. It's not really a matter of understanding. As a fan of Pandora Hearts, I was expecting something better.
I'm quite up-to-date, and the thing that concerned me the most is

Also, after 8 volumes, I feel that the story isn't advancing much.

MyskaeJul 20, 2021 11:37 AM
Jul 20, 2021 11:40 AM

Mar 2020
Myskae said:
234Mannan said:

Well, as I said, I was mainly disappointed on how the characters are handled. It's not really a matter of understanding. As a fan of Pandora Hearts and I was expecting something better.

Well personal prespectives. Frankly i found it to be done queit well especially chloe and vanitas. you can make a point about jeane maybe but Its a completely different story then PH and isnt complete yet. And it is pretty much just as great till now imo also i would like to add that PH story advanced after chapter 57 and this picked the pace rather quickly in comparison as well(From chapter 22) so i do disagree i suppose
Jul 20, 2021 12:07 PM

Aug 2017
234Mannan said:
Myskae said:

Well, as I said, I was mainly disappointed on how the characters are handled. It's not really a matter of understanding. As a fan of Pandora Hearts and I was expecting something better.

Well personal prespectives. Frankly i found it to be done queit well especially chloe and vanitas. you can make a point about jeane maybe but Its a completely different story then PH and isnt complete yet. And it is pretty much just as great till now imo also i would like to add that PH story advanced after chapter 57 and this picked the pace rather quickly in comparison as well(From chapter 22) so i do disagree i suppose

In Vanitas no Carte, I feel constantly left in the dark about the intention of the characters, where the plot wants to lead us. In Pandora Hearts, we follow Oz and his intention is clear from the beginning (and regarding this, I found the pacing was good).
But as you say, it's a different story. Still, it doesn't change that I was kind of disappointed.
Jul 20, 2021 9:20 PM
Jun 2020
Oh, I'm sorry. I hated Vanitas's everything for the first episode and was about to drop it, but now I shall watch the rest of what's available to have a second judgment. Sorry my english is bad.
Jul 20, 2021 11:59 PM

Mar 2020
bechan23 said:
Oh, I'm sorry. I hated Vanitas's everything for the first episode and was about to drop it, but now I shall watch the rest of what's available to have a second judgment. Sorry my english is bad.
Honestly......I AM just glad that u didnt rated the show. Its a complex, mysterious story with alot depth that needs patience as well
Jul 21, 2021 12:13 PM

Jan 2021
I honestly just don't really this show. I don't really get why but i guess some of those nitpicks people are mentioning contribute to it. If i was super picky about the shows i watched my current seasonal top 3 would 100% be bottom 3.
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Jul 23, 2021 5:27 AM

Sep 2015
As a manga reader, I honestly wish that I could have watched the anime first as to not be nitpicky about it. I think most of us, if not all, will naturally compare the anime to the manga. While that might be a good thing at times - when the anime makes a certain scene that much better - it can be underwhelming at other times when it clashes with your mental image of said scene in the manga.

But yeah, I do understand your frustration when people draw conclusions. However, that is always going to happen, regardless of how good the material is. We all have different interpretations and opinions after all!
I think my point is that perhaps you should try to avoid that particular side, and instead focus on interacting with the part of the fandom that doesn't do this. However, this is only friendly advice.
Jul 23, 2021 5:36 AM

Mar 2020
Cathen99 said:
As a manga reader, I honestly wish that I could have watched the anime first as to not be nitpicky about it. I think most of us, if not all, will naturally compare the anime to the manga. While that might be a good thing at times - when the anime makes a certain scene that much better - it can be underwhelming at other times when it clashes with your mental image of said scene in the manga.

But yeah, I do understand your frustration when people draw conclusions. However, that is always going to happen, regardless of how good the material is. We all have different interpretations and opinions after all!
I think my point is that perhaps you should try to avoid that particular side, and instead focus on interacting with the part of the fandom that doesn't do this. However, this is only friendly advice.
Thanks for the advice! My problem though was only with the anime onlies or first timers tbh(I mean i myself was nitpicky with the last episode even though that is the weakest part in the manga and the cut scenes dont really do much but then again its made from the anime point of view and its true that the things that work in manga format dont work in anime so both have their advantages. Manga is more detailed and anime has music and voice acting which elevates certain things though its to early to make a judgement but i do trust bones and the director tbh ).I am tring viewing it from any anime prespective for now though. And i hope bone delievers! And again thanks for the reply/Advice!
234MannanJul 23, 2021 5:52 AM
Jul 23, 2021 9:54 AM

Feb 2020
To be honest, I HATED it the first episode. After watching Mars Red I was excited about another possibly similar vampire show. But then I saw how goofy he was and I almost dropped it after ep. 1. But I'm really glad I stuck with it! It turned out much better than it started! So idk, I guess my opinion is the opposite lol
Sep 26, 2021 7:23 AM

Feb 2019
234Mannan said:
humantwig said:

Well to be perfectly honest, the anime is at the weakest part of the manga and plot progression hasnt even begin yet but it will after the next episode

It's been, and it's done, and I have it a 10.
Can't wait till next season. I refuse to read it since I love the anime this much.

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Sep 26, 2021 9:08 AM

Mar 2020
humantwig said:
234Mannan said:

It's been, and it's done, and I have it a 10.
Can't wait till next season. I refuse to read it since I love the anime this much.
I am actually Glad to hear that. The next season is pure Mochizukiness if i have to describe it. Considering it has barely touched the surface yet, cant wait for january i hope bones delievers it in good manner though
Sep 26, 2021 4:58 PM

Jun 2019
This show was extremely up and down for me. I actually rated it a 7/10 after wrestling with deciding on a rating for some time and just today re-evaluated and decided to go back and downgrade it to a 6/10.

While the first episode was very visually impressive and I did feel pulled in by the dramatic flair of its setup, I almost dropped it after the first two episodes - the only one out of nine seasonals I was watching where that was the case. I decided to continue and immediately felt more invested around the middle of the third episode. So I ended up loving large aspects or all of episodes 3 through six or seven. The relationship between Vanitas and Jeanne and Noe and Dominique were the highlights for me, as well as the entire flashback episode involving Noe, Domi, and Louis at the countryside estate. Then I thought it went downhill a lot for two or three episodes around the catacombs arc/mini-arc. Then I loved the Vanitas and Jeanne, Noe and Ruthven episode (was that the penultimate?). Then I thought the season finale was very meh and underwhelming (I realize full well it's continuing, but that doesn't alter that fact).

So basically I wish it was a lot more consistent on the aspects I really appreciated and loved about it, and if so it would have been an easy 7, maybe even an 8+.
Sep 27, 2021 2:31 AM

Mar 2020
WatchTillTandava said:
This show was extremely up and down for me. I actually rated it a 7/10 after wrestling with deciding on a rating for some time and just today re-evaluated and decided to go back and downgrade it to a 6/10.

While the first episode was very visually impressive and I did feel pulled in by the dramatic flair of its setup, I almost dropped it after the first two episodes - the only one out of nine seasonals I was watching where that was the case. I decided to continue and immediately felt more invested around the middle of the third episode. So I ended up loving large aspects or all of episodes 3 through six or seven. The relationship between Vanitas and Jeanne and Noe and Dominique were the highlights for me, as well as the entire flashback episode involving Noe, Domi, and Louis at the countryside estate. Then I thought it went downhill a lot for two or three episodes around the catacombs arc/mini-arc. Then I loved the Vanitas and Jeanne, Noe and Ruthven episode (was that the penultimate?). Then I thought the season finale was very meh and underwhelming (I realize full well it's continuing, but that doesn't alter that fact).

So basically I wish it was a lot more consistent on the aspects I really appreciated and loved about it, and if so it would have been an easy 7, maybe even an 8+.
Yup i can see your prespective(Though it was the end of the cour and they didnt wanted to start a whole new arc. Its still seaon 1 soo)
In anycase i am glad you enjoyed it
Sep 27, 2021 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
I honestly really loved this adaption of Vanitas, I can't wait until January, I'll finish volume 8 eventually, but man, I am just excited!

And also, I was strolling on another website and saw someone dropping this because of the "sexual harassment being used as a joke"?? I mean, Vanitas can cross a line time to times (ain't that most times), but the kiss was the only "harassment" I could spot and nothing else. He did not touch, he didn't grope, he didn't do any other pervy stuff than just kissing Jeanne to save his own skin and also led him into falling for her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2021 8:27 PM

Mar 2020
TheOneOfSeven said:
I honestly really loved this adaption of Vanitas, I can't wait until January, I'll finish volume 8 eventually, but man, I am just excited!

And also, I was strolling on another website and saw someone dropping this because of the "sexual harassment being used as a joke"?? I mean, Vanitas can cross a line time to times (ain't that most times), but the kiss was the only "harassment" I could spot and nothing else. He did not touch, he didn't grope, he didn't do any other pervy stuff than just kissing Jeanne to save his own skin and also led him into falling for her.
Yup its hilarious thats coming from CSM fandom for the most part. The guy did that to save his skin. You cant really blame him however i did hate him for that
234MannanSep 27, 2021 8:33 PM
Nov 12, 2021 8:09 PM
Dec 2017
nope nothing new here and ignore these peopel.

More topics from this board

» Dubbed versions

Vanitas_BMkin - Jun 4

2 by Reevansingh21 »»
Jun 4, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.