Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2020 3:50 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just finished the second season and I got to say that it was a bit of a let down. Sure there was a slight progress in character development and a 'difficult' situation they had to get out, but not a lot actually happened in these 12 episodes compared to the first. It almost feels that the amount of info we gotten in these 12 episodes could have been like at max 4 ova?

While the first season brought a lot of new elements into the story and really had a strong pace this season it was just the opposite almost to the point of like yea it's all the fault yet in the end the way they got out of it because of someone's periode...

Pretty dissapointed actually compared to the first season as I expected a lot more from this second one and with this season I'm not too sure there will be a third but if there ever would be I'd watch it either way as the World this is set in is pretty amazing nonetheless.

So all in all a fine watch but not really a whole season worthy.
Mar 27, 2020 2:09 AM
Jul 2016
They really don't know how to pace this story well. In the first season it was ridiculously fast, and in this one a little to slow for my liking as well. But it was an improvement on the first season and very much so.
If you find it, it's yours
Mar 27, 2020 2:42 PM
Feb 2020
Waited a long time for this season and it was extremely disappointing. I’ve grown more appreciation for Ango and Ryo, but besides them, there was no character development. They spent way too long on the ship arc. Overall, the pacing just wasn’t working out.
Mar 28, 2020 4:13 AM

Aug 2009
I was surprised they decided to go with a slower pace this season. I honestly throught they'd adapt the remaining volumes of the manga and that'd be it (they adapted 16 in S1 and there were 19 remaining).
They only adapted like 5 volumes this season. And tbh, I kinda prefered the breakneck pacing they had in S1, because it felt like nothing really happened this season and the story STILL isn't done.
The cast did have some good development this season and I guess that, objectively, S2's pacing is a lot better than S1 (it's definitely easier to follow, that's for sure), but I do think it made this season kinda... boring. Also because the production values are still really low, so there really isn't anything interesting to look at on screen.
I wonder if we'll get a third season. We'll see.
Mar 28, 2020 10:00 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see that at the end the bacteria actually went after them

The character development was nice I guess, but there didn't really happened a lot this season. The first 5 episodes were just basically Ryo and Ango joining Team summer B, and stuff only started to get interesting halfway through the season so kind of disappointed by their decision to have such a slow pace. I really hoped a lot more would happen such as Summer B meeting the other teams or something.

Mar 29, 2020 12:56 AM

Oct 2012
I liked this season better. As a manga reader I still am very disappointed how they handled the story which is one that keeps you on the edge every chapter while this all seems so light-hearted.....
Mar 31, 2020 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
This season was better than the first, I think, since it didn't abruptly get cut at the end.

I hope we get another season as well. I think Arashi will learn about Ango killing Hana before finding out about Hana's safety. That plot point is going to be quite hard to avoid.
Apr 4, 2020 8:27 AM

Feb 2010
so much better than first season
Apr 6, 2020 12:45 PM
Jun 2019
The ending's song is really good, anyone knows its name please ?
Apr 8, 2020 2:14 AM

Aug 2014
I had read this back when the manga was still ongoing but the latest chapter back then ended before the ship arc did. It wasn't what I expected but I also liked the twist

I'll be continuing to read the manga since this was one of my favorites back then. I personally don't find any issue with the pacing, but maybe it's because I haven't watched anime in a long time. Just saw this on Netflix and gave me a bit of nostalgia so I watched it.

Sometimes I forget that the manga of this is a shoujo. The manga is great, so maybe that's why I'm biased towards liking this, since it adapted parts that I've read but forgotten about, and the feeling of remembering the scenes is good.

Apr 12, 2020 9:31 AM

May 2012
I liked Season 1 more than this one. There is more drama and story in season 1. This one feels slow pace and focus too much to the ship. Still good though

Season 1 8/10
Season 2 7/10
Apr 20, 2020 3:05 AM

May 2015
I rate this bruh/bruh
I kinda liked S1 more even tho its finale was a let down. Since I already watched 2 seasons I hope it gets another one. Pretty sure it's just pocket change for Netflix to continue funding this.
Apr 27, 2020 4:18 AM

Oct 2013
I was skimming Netflix looking for something to passively pop on while cooking when this popped out to me; I think it's the first time I've watched an anime since making my MAL account where I just went into it blind without checking its score/reception on MAL first and hoo boy I'm glad I did.

It feels like aeons since I've watched an anime where I love, I mean genuinely love and care about almost every character, especially in a cast as large as 7 Seeds, yet here we are. I found myself emotionally invested in the numerous plot threads weaving this dynamic, dysfunctional cast together. I love this two-protagonist approach where each protagonist is experiencing their own journey isolated away from each other yet perpetually in search of each other. Arashi and Hana's dynamic is beautiful.

I have one complaint, and literally only one, because everything else about it is wonderfully done: the whack ass pacing. The first season charged at breakneck speed, while we spent, what, half (?) of this season inside this damn ship. I don't even mind; this arc allowed tremendous character development for much of the central cast.

I thought maybe season 2 was weaker than season 1, but episode 10 and Ango's entire character arc made up for the mild dip in enjoyment.

I could write an essay about all I appreciated about this, such as the antagonists being believably dysfunctional, relatable characters, the mature themes being tasteful without feeling edgy or included for shock value (and I fuckin' love edgy shit tbh); I could go on, but the key takeaway is:

MAL is retarded.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 27, 2020 11:10 PM

Jan 2019
CosmicKunai said:
They really don't know how to pace this story well. In the first season it was ridiculously fast, and in this one a little to slow for my liking as well. But it was an improvement on the first season and very much so.

This.

I enjoyed this season better than the first rushed one, but it was still kinda meh. Too slow and imo needed more screentime for other teams besides Summer B and Hana.
May 17, 2020 10:28 AM
Mar 2019
does anyone know if there'll be a season 3?
May 21, 2020 11:24 PM
May 2020
this episode made me cry multiple times. i'm not the one to care typically care about characters but the characters really touched me in this anime. Ofc i would've appreciated more backstory but overall it's my favourite anime solely based on the fact i love those characters to death
Jun 24, 2020 11:46 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Ok so we may or may not will get a S3 until then open end.

So much stupid stuff hapened through S2.
Still dont like the 2 boys, just because I know IF they will ever find Hana there will be another drama event once again and its just boooooring.

For me the really sad thing happening was Hana eating that little fellow.
Other than that I really hoped for an end, even the ship destroying the world would have been fine to me.

Idk I really liked the idea of this anime/manga whatever. Recreating the world n stuff, sounded really great. I just hoped for something slightly different I guess.

Jun 24, 2020 11:29 PM

Nov 2009
Ango is awesome, best character so far. Hana stopped being interesting in the least the moment Ango's character development kicked off. Arashi is way too perfect and doesn't feel real. Natsu and Semimaru are good, they're right after Ango on my most interesting character list. Ryo is a little strange, his slight obsession with Ango does give him some depth and is understandable under the circumstances, but his development feels somewhat forced, I think. The girl who follows him around like a puppy has yet to develop any depth (I don't even remember her name because she's just a walking genki cliche so far) and is a little annoying. Botan is still solid but had no development this season. The rest of those who had screen time this season are just forgettable.

I wish we got a s3 otherwise I'll have to read the manga which I would rather avoid because the art is kind of not to my taste, and the scans quality of the later volumes is not good either, so I'd much prefer the anime...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 9, 2020 8:04 PM

May 2019
The best part of this season also was the most disappointing one:

"Semimaru is FALLING to the deeeeaaaaattt

NOOOOOOOO... Oh no, he is still alive. Damn it"

A lot better season than the first one, altought i started it demanding Ango and Ryun to find a painfull death in hurry, and they where exactly the guys the author choose to devenlop.

Btw, the ships in the ending scenes was getting bigger than the fu*ing vertical ship of hell.

Rob7Jul 9, 2020 8:09 PM
Aug 15, 2020 1:57 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder if this will get a season 3, loved it so far, need to go and read it's manga.
Oct 4, 2020 7:10 PM

Jul 2015
i still can't stand natsu and ango they are so annoying
Feb 7, 2021 1:52 AM

Nov 2019
This part of the series is notably better than the prequel, it doesn't jump around quite as much and ends up focused far more on character development.

The way basically everyone meets each other except Arashi and Hana though feels incredibly forced. Not too thrilled about the fortune tellers' existence either.
Mar 6, 2021 11:54 AM
Jan 2021
I haven't read the manga yet but all the manga readers have an overall negative view of it but honestly, this is an anime I really appreciate. Though most of the focus was on the ship arc it was worth it. There is so much yet to watch so I can't wait for season 3. :):)
May 11, 2021 6:12 AM
Apr 2021
I like this series overall I think. But I cannot deny that my opinion began to sour once they got onto the crazy missile boat "Mt. Fuji" that ended season 2. I can suspend my disbelief some, but the amount of insanity that took place inside of that boat just broke my brain. Parts of the boat like the computers seemed basically okay while other parts are being eaten by bacteria within seconds?? Not to mention that Natsu's period basically destroyed that entire ship?! Too crazy.

The show has a cool premise and I'm still on board in theory. But I like it better when they are on land dealing with the weird nature and trying to rebuild. The occasional run in with the old world is okay, but they should keep that as a side show in my opinion. I mean geez... a ship that turn itself vertical to launch missiles after what? 20 hours of getting ready? Who designed that thing? Why does it take 20 hours to get ready to launch? It took like 5 minutes to get in position and 20 hours to get ready to launch?! I'm going to make myself not like the show if I think too much about that stupid ship.

I think the different villages & struggles are interesting. They could run into teams from other countries, other types of dangerous plants & animals, etc. But hopefully no more crazy missile boats...
Nov 12, 2021 5:55 AM

Jan 2009
I must say that I was kinda glad that they included women's period in this season.
I mean... when I am watching things similar to this I always wonder what do women during their period. Like, it doesn't disappear from your life just because there was an end of the world and there are other things that you need to take care of - like finding food and water, not getting killed by wild nature etc.
And still usually people who write the script often ignore that (or they are just written by men, who really don't think about it, because they don't have it) and this is something that it is a part of our life, at least few days every month if we want it or not... It is not very fun event, even when we live in normal times, have few options to choose for it, but imagine a world when you don't have much clothes, you don't have any pads or tampons or menstrual cups for this matter. Horrible!

Well, same goes with bathroom to be honest - I always watch and wonder what they do if they are in this ship for a long time and have absolutely no place to go.
But this is SOMETIMES mentioned in movies/animes/tv series, because it is what both sex need.

Anyway, on the less serious part - they could make Natsu to sit on the missles without her pants on, so the bacterias would eat those, lol.
Oct 15, 2022 1:42 PM
Feb 2022
the first season was a whole lot of plot and character development scattered all over the place, heavily to a fault.

this season was the opposite. all the same smaller group of people on a ship for a whole season.

it was better though. it’s too bad this will never get a sequel. just like the many other things on netflix that get built up and up and then suddenly cancelled without resolution. oh well at least i didnt love the show
Mar 15, 2023 4:10 PM
Mar 2023
muito bom este anime recomendo
Nov 6, 2023 5:29 PM

Mar 2012
the pacing was a bit better this season, but the story didn't really go anywhere and we still have so many loose ends.
knowing this doesn't have another season makes it even worse. );
i tried. but this anime was just really bad overall.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 7 Seeds 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Unkrowned - Mar 28, 2020

8 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 12, 3:46 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Unkrowned - Mar 28, 2020

5 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 12, 2:58 AM

» Season 3?

sydneyhawker - Jun 27, 2021

7 by Multilynx »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Unkrowned - Mar 28, 2020

10 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 2, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Unkrowned - Mar 28, 2020

8 by fukumenkei »»
Nov 2, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.