Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2019 8:28 AM
Nov 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ok finished it whole and i dont have a clue about what it is ...hmmm budhism info dumb if you ask me... too much to folow
Oct 25, 2019 3:57 PM

May 2011
This is not bad, but it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too japanese for anyone who isn't into japanese history and religion.
Feb 26, 2020 7:35 PM
Jun 2008
lkevsan said:
This is not bad, but it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too japanese for anyone who isn't into japanese history and religion.

Sorry, but as someone who is into Japanese history and myth I've got to majorly call you on this one. There's a major problem when the narrative presents Susanoo's tantrum as the result of him being banished rather than his banishment being the result of said tantrum, but even more of a problem with the fact the darkness occurred because his sister fled into the caves and took the sun with her, not because of some horse god. There was no renaming Susanoo as the god of darkness because of this, but more importantly the Yamata no Orochi is no hero - Susanoo is, yet he is completely vilified in this series.
Apr 5, 2021 8:39 PM

Aug 2016
UUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHH. This was the biggest steaming pile of shit I've watched in a long while. Dark Myth? More like, Blah blah blah blah: The Animation.
Not sure if this is the worst anime I've seen, but it's definitely up there. Time to try and recommend this to as much people as possible so they can suffer through this just like I have.
Jul 4, 2021 6:36 PM
Oct 2020
I'm tryna figure out what I just watched lol
Sep 6, 2021 2:16 PM
Aug 2018
Truly the worst anime of all time for me at the current moment. What a big mess of everything it was. It was sooo awfully boring at the same time. I can agree with Archaeon, 1/10
Reviewing is not easy.
Nov 26, 2021 7:40 PM

Nov 2015
Great twists and funny animation,, 10/10. too bad the famicom game has nothing to do with this but it gets close... i could see all these shintoist elements in other anime and i am astounded o:

Yemi_Hikari said:
lkevsan said:

Sorry, but as someone who is into Japanese history and myth I've got to majorly call you on this one. There's a major problem when the narrative presents Susanoo's tantrum as the result of him being banished rather than his banishment being the result of said tantrum, but even more of a problem with the fact the darkness occurred because his sister fled into the caves and took the sun with her, not because of some horse god. There was no renaming Susanoo as the god of darkness because of this, but more importantly the Yamata no Orochi is no hero - Susanoo is, yet he is completely vilified in this series.

while i agree with you there, that it just took several myths and mashed them up together to create a deviantion that certainly reminds me of the da vinci code :P i don't think at all is a bad anime, actually i'm glad i could recognize all of the shintoist myths but not the buddhist saints heh.

đź’˘

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ankoku Shinwa Episode 1 Discussion

Punkero - Sep 23, 2016

1 by Berry-Vodka »»
Nov 25, 2021 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.