Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2019 3:45 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
To me, they're all winners. They poured their effort into that work and that's what matters.
Feb 22, 2019 4:57 PM
Mar 2017
What can I say about this chapter, to start Aoba, Yun and Momo surprised me with their talent, I loved their work, the dedication, the effort and the talent they have is reflected in their designs, therefore I understand perfectly how difficult it was for Hajime to decide which character design would be used, in this case it was Momo who won the competition, which makes me happy, since it is necessary that her character has a development as to how her art evolves and this new challenge will be perfect, besides It was cute how Momo thanks Aoba.
Yun did not seem very depressed, on the contrary she seemed to be more relaxed, as if she had a less weight in her thoughts and also those moments Hajime X Yun are very cutes.
Momo seems very afflicted by the result of the competition, but is understandable, she is going through the same thing that happened with Aoba for the Peco competition.
And Aoba obviously felt sad for not having been chosen, but her reliable friend Nene was at her side, Aoba deserves all the head pats to make her feel better, but I also need to see how Hifumi consoles the sad Aoba, that would have been a beautiful detail.
Feb 22, 2019 5:36 PM
Mar 2015
Not sure where this leaves Aoba since she did her best and still lost
Feb 22, 2019 6:04 PM

Sep 2013
This seems like an absolute trash fire.
Feb 23, 2019 4:14 AM
Jul 2016
The game is going to flop and its going to be bad for Eagle Jump. You don't have a history of cute fantasy games and then suddenly pull out a dodgeball game full of heavily geared children and expect to sell, especially when Japan is your only market. Plus, at least in the NG world, character designer is a type of star status; its a selling point to say "Character deaigns by X". They've already started Aoba out as the next big thing and to suddenly switch gears is a bad look for the company.
KaylakazeFeb 23, 2019 4:20 AM
Feb 23, 2019 4:47 AM

Oct 2010
Aoba is still the winner in my heart. And if there ever was an anime to be made of this, Momiji better not be the star of it.

I don’t wanna see Aoba cry again :’(
Mar 6, 2019 6:23 AM
Jan 2017
this had me in my feels
Mar 18, 2019 6:56 AM

Mar 2010
It seemed like they dragged Aoba down just to give Momo some development which is a pre bad direction for the series and the company within it, Hajime definitely made the worst choice as Aoba's matched the company's character style the most and Yun's were the most interesting and that character style has been proven to be popular in real life.

I also feel this game will flop and Hajime will be reprimanded in some way as she is no way experienced enough to direct a game of her own.

Very interested to see where this goes.
Jul 22, 2019 7:17 PM

Aug 2017
they did make a big deal about the funding but probably they don't have as much riding on it as Peco did to worry much about who the character designer is, since it's also going to be Hajime's directorial debut. the game doesn't actually seem like fun anyway, just a simple xbl game you play with friends for an hour until the novelty wears off and switching to the next one during a sleepover. it really seems beneath them, and there's no way they'd be allowed to change the specs enough to change my mind.
honestly it's just upsetting. like when Momo had the exact same goal and the same reason for joining Eagle Jump that Aoba did. sure, you can try your hardest and still lose but this is fiction and it's like Aoba was set up to lose from the beginning.
Dec 1, 2019 11:16 AM

Sep 2017
Tbh I liked Yun's the best. Still this feels like more a small indie $20 on steam kinda game. It's not like some big career jump to be lead designer.
Jul 18, 2020 12:22 PM

Feb 2018
I want to see Aoba's happy smile.
Jun 22, 2022 4:53 PM

Dec 2012
This entire dodgeball arc has been so weird so far. Why would a company known for publishing medium/big games suddenly go for a switch indie game? (Fairies is probably FF or Tales-sized and Peco has to be a medium sized game). The game idea doesnt even sound that interesting...
(wait, didnt bethesda release tes:blades at an e3? hmmmm)

Also, Why would Hajime be made director when she doesn't seen to have any experience of leadership. The AD or art team manager is one thing, but the director for the whole project? Nothing against her, but seems like a weird choice. Its her idea, sure, so include her as planning or supervisor.

As for the character design, imo Yun's design was the best and the turf war idea could've really been a good timesink/progression system. 2nd choice would easily be Aoba since it's v.cute and matches the target audience and also should be a familiar style for fans.
Momo's design was pretty much sports character wearing random armor... (her robot idea was cool but the 2nd design seemed meh to me)

---
I'd expect this game to be a fail tbh, but since this is a manga, who knows...
Mar 30, 12:35 PM

Jan 2014
While it was upsetting to see Aoba lose, it's actually great for her development, as it is Momos. As really, Aoba has felt a bit too relaxed in her position as of late, not that she's lost her edge, but more that before, she had to compete with Kou, so she had drive and motivation, not that she doesn't for this one, but it seemed she had less this time round. While Aoba was as if she is Momo's Kou. Someone that she's wanting to overcome.

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game! Chapter 142 Discussion

Aoboba - Nov 9, 2021

4 by cloud2313 »»
Jun 23, 2022 6:06 PM

Poll: » New Game! Chapter 137 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Aug 14, 2021

1 by cloud2313 »»
Jun 23, 2022 4:27 PM

Poll: » New Game! Chapter 133 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Jul 17, 2021

2 by cloud2313 »»
Jun 23, 2022 3:50 PM

Poll: » New Game! Chapter 119 Discussion

Syureria - Oct 14, 2020

4 by cloud2313 »»
Jun 23, 2022 1:08 PM

Poll: » New Game! Chapter 115 Discussion

orangeskull - Sep 11, 2020

2 by cloud2313 »»
Jun 23, 2022 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.