Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2018 11:19 AM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Huh, that's interesting. A next episode preview at the end of this OVA.
Kind of a shame that no more episodes seem to have been released after this one, this was a fun watch.
::End of Transmission::

Nov 22, 2018 8:19 AM
DarkFlame Master

Aug 2015
This thing predicted the GBA SP 7 years before it came out wow.
Also the writing and script was regular, I'm kinda glad Chiaki went and worked in SEL instead of this
Jan 21, 2019 12:48 AM

Sep 2018
I actually don't think it was a shame there was never a second episode. While the first episodes are never the best it just doesn't seem like it even has the pontential to be good. the whole concept is just too cringy, it reeks of that whole time period where people didn't quite understand what the internet was yet but felt compelled to make stuff about it anyhow (looks over in The Lawnmower Man's general direction).
Aug 19, 2019 2:37 PM

Jun 2014
Found out about this anime just yesterday, when i read on a Serial Experiments Lain wikia that Arisu and a couple of other characters from SEL apparently were taken from this anime by the same writer. :0 Sounded pretty cool so i had to watch this immediately, since i'm a big fan of SEL. :D

I guess the story was kind of simple but i don't mind, i guess i'm simple too hehe. Cool cyber visuals, places... those tentacles surprised me lol But maybe that's because i haven't watched many old anime so i don't know how usual or rare those things are in the anime from those days. :P

The OP and ED were nice, i especially loved the ED. Hmm... i hope i may someday get that CD album with the OP, ED and a couple of other songs in my hands... or that soundtrack album... well, that PS1 game sounds cool so why not wish to get a copy of that acquired too, right? ;D

But yeah, i haven't watched many older anime... so this looked pretty cool to me. :D Guess i should watch more old anime sometimes, when i come across some. :3

Also yeah, sad if that second episode never got released... obviously i would love to watch that too... :3 But oh well, we got Lain instead, i don't have anything to complain about here. ;D
I should probably make a forum signature someday...
Sep 16, 2019 10:00 PM

May 2011
Are you kidding? How the hell this OVA is one of the worst things in Animation?
Yeah it is basic and simple but cmon. A 5.08 of mean score? It baffles me.
7/10 for me. I would wish it could have more episodes, the concept is not bad. It is like Megaman Battle Network Anime.
Sep 29, 2019 6:19 PM

Mar 2016
I really liked the character designs and the aesthetic but the video game adverts at the end were more interesting than what happened in the episode. It wasn't very good, but the concept had potential. Lose the tentacles and slow down the fast as fuck, copy-paste pacing and I'd totally watch a goofy series like this. Though it is a bit sad to see a preview for a second episode that was never released. How lonely.
syncrogazerSep 29, 2019 6:38 PM
Oct 20, 2019 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
This was quite interesting. I liked the futuristic setting.

I would've loved to have seen more. It's a shame that the second episode that was advertised never actually got released, although it may actually exist in a company archive in Japan, but the chances of us ever seeing it are slim.

The PS1 game looks interesting, and is rather cheap. Who knows, maybe I'll pick it up someday.

Dec 3, 2019 2:41 PM
May 2018
all those ads for a future franchise of this at the end are kinda sad. Anyway this sole episode was alright I guess, but way too rushed.
Jan 1, 2020 4:00 PM

Sep 2018
lkevsan said:
Are you kidding? How the hell this OVA is one of the worst things in Animation?
Yeah it is basic and simple but cmon. A 5.08 of mean score? It baffles me.
7/10 for me. I would wish it could have more episodes, the concept is not bad. It is like Megaman Battle Network Anime.

I fond it pretty meh but I wouldn't call it one of the worst things in animation and I think you are blowing things out of proportion a bit, 5.08 only means a lot of people think it's mediocre, not that it's terrible.
Jun 19, 2021 10:07 PM

May 2021
I thought it was good & I looked to see about that second episode only to find out that it was never released. :(
Oct 25, 2021 7:24 PM
Dec 2017
why did i even watch this?

Nov 23, 2021 11:52 PM

Sep 2018
VampireLord1024 said:
I thought it was good & I looked to see about that second episode only to find out that it was never released. :(

Yah, not sure why MAL has decided to put this as two episodes all of a sudden (it used to be just one), it confused the hell out of me when I was trying to add start and finish dates to my older entries. Not sure if I should move it to on hold until the (hopefully) change it back to one.

Edit: Ah, never mind, I guess the second episode aired on TV but was never released on video, and that this was a TV special before it was an OVA, interesting.
KristiwazhereNov 24, 2021 12:06 AM
Jan 15, 2022 2:16 AM

Oct 2007
honestly, I enjoyed it. Animation looks dated, but considering that this was created during the Windows 95 era... I guess it's passable.

May 26, 2023 6:25 PM

Jan 2016
lol this is great, it feels like Japan out-japaning itself
Its plot got everything to be a dark gritty psychological cyberpunk story, yeah, a lot like Lain
The scene they get in the suits then enter the tanks with all those wires and bolts connecting and it fills with water felt straight out of Evangelion
And when the monster started transforming and getting mechanical/cybernetic parts, felt like inspired by Akira
But tt's actually some cute magical girl thing lol
PxHCMay 27, 2023 6:54 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice in Cyberland Episode 2 Discussion

DamianV8501 - Dec 6, 2021

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Sep 19, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.