Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 5, 2016 5:48 PM
Apr 2016
I know that this message is a bit late, but I'm am dying of curiosity after finishing both the manga and anime late week. The wikia page does not offer any solace as it just states something along the lines of she was "happy and free" so I want to ask people of their opinions. Here are some conclusions I came up with.

1. Her soul got carried into the sky by soul collectors and that's where she remained....

2. She went back into the afterlife......

3. Her soul fragment returned back to Kagome albeit in the distant future.......

4. Other (explain)

I would also like to hear your explanations on why you think so in order for me to come up with a proper conclusion. The only hint I got was Naraku stating he couldn't join Kikyou where she was now before he got purified. It also possible she reincarnated into a different world kind of how Kagome came to be.

P.S. Secretly wondering if Inuyasha and her will ever reunited even if they aren't aware of it.
May 5, 2016 5:56 PM

Feb 2016
I've always gone with the theory that her soul entered the afterlife.

For me, the scene where she passed on really pushed the idea of her finally being freed from all of her sorrow and suffering. The way her soul was carried off was a really symbolic moment that represented her freedom in my eyes. Also, the way she got to apologize to Kaede was another moment of closure that supported the theory of her finally being able to move on from, well, living. Everything in her death episode really reminded me of a closing farewell from her soul, and I was happy with that kind of ending.

▬▬▬▬▬✿♥✿▬▬▬▬▬
change of heart
May 5, 2016 6:13 PM
Apr 2016
Vaginkle said:
I've always gone with the theory that her soul entered the afterlife.

For me, the scene where she passed on really pushed the idea of her finally being freed from all of her sorrow and suffering. The way her soul was carried off was a really symbolic moment that represented her freedom in my eyes. Also, the way she got to apologize to Kaede was another moment of closure that supported the theory of her finally being able to move on from, well, living. Everything in her death episode really reminded me of a closing farewell from her soul, and I was happy with that kind of ending.

Hmm...it could be possible since it was the jewel which made her reincarnated. Still not sure how she reach the afterlife based on the last few scenes in the manga and anime. Guess I'll wait for more opinions from others. TY for your response though.
Fake_WilliamsMay 5, 2016 8:56 PM
May 16, 2016 2:32 AM

Feb 2016
I think pretty much the same as the above poster, OP.

The scene was pretty heartfelt/symbolic, like she passed on now that her soul was at complete peace. Especially since she passed on right after Inuyasha and her kissed which to me signified that she was finally happy and ready to leave without anymore regrets to haunt her soul in the afterlife.

A part of her though still stayed behind, or at the very least part of her power did. Whichever you go with, she/it resides in Kohaku, replacing the Shikon Jewel to keep him alive so you could say part of her chose to take the role of keeping a life alive. She became like Kohaku's guardian angel, so to speak.

Another thing I felt was missing is whether or not Kagome has unlocked her full spiritual power. I guess that was probably in mini manga chapters they saw not worth mentioning and were like OVA material.

That or it just was no room for it.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Feb 11, 2017 5:22 PM
Oct 2013
Never really made sense to me how Kikyou can even exist at the same time as Kagome. We have two different consciousnesses arising from the same soul, so I feel like Kikyou is actually a copy while the real Kikyou now exists as Kagome. The possibility that Kikyou may have gone to the afterlife makes it even more confusing. Her returning to Kagome is the only thing that makes sense to me.

More topics from this board

» Subtitles with honorifics?

Puncheon - May 26

2 by Notshane »»
May 27, 8:05 PM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.