Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2015 7:16 PM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice 80's music.

The action was pretty enjoyable. The "plot" was pretty good too.
Aug 30, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely overall OVA I must say, quite decent pacing and action and I did quite like the sci-fi yet very old kin of setting!

All in all a pretty decent ova.
Sep 8, 2016 3:31 PM

Dec 2015
Gorgeous 80s heroic-fantasy OVA featuring Urushihara's superb art, even in the middle of action scenes. Story-wise, it is extremely bland to the point you will watch it only for the superior aesthetic. A treat for the eyes, even today, and that is THE important point of this animation..

Of course, the 80s music serves it well.

Enjoyment: 5/5. As high as my first experience of it when I eagerly discovered the mysterious subbed VHS I had blindly ordered (the good old days where the market wasn't "over-saturated")
Score: between 5 and 8/10, based on the importance given to the story (who's actually a minor thing here)
Rei_IIISep 8, 2016 3:35 PM
Oct 3, 2020 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
I was thinking of giving it a 6/10, but that Lemnear's death scene was so well done that I'm giving it a +1 for that.

Oh, and I've spotted a Nausicaä reference.

Mar 28, 2021 6:02 PM
Apr 2015
Speaking of Ghibli stuff (besides that Nausicaa reference), Keiko Yokozawa, who voiced Sheeta in Castle in the Sky, actually voices a small role in the Japanese version, although her character, Lian, sadly is just there for fanservice and to be the damsel in distress...
May 22, 2021 10:44 PM

Jan 2021
This was 80s AF. Lots of action, graphic violence, nudity, medieval fantasy with sorcerers and dragons, the rock music. Just look at the DVD cover art posted here. Does not get more 80s than this. Loved it. Lemnear herself was a really cool character. Cute and sexy but can kick ass. She was awesome in that bar fight, I wish we could've seen more hand to hand combat with her. I loved her flying creature too. It reminded me of the mounts in Golden Axe.
Oct 15, 2021 9:14 AM

Aug 2017
Oh hey, a girl with a sword climbing up a spiral staircase. Even took a sword out of her chest. Does it remind me of Utena? Absolutely not!

Overall, very fancervice-ish (as expected from the creator) but at least Lemnear managed to beat all the bad guys (plus there was a successful slave rebellion). Was surprised to see her "die" actually. The animation was pretty good too.
Jan 18, 2022 7:33 PM
Jan 2017
Nothing particularly special but it was a pretty good way to spend 45 minutes. Strong & likeable female lead, tons of action, good music, a couple of scenes where the art actually did stand out and I don't think there was a boring moment. 6/10 overall, but at least a 7.5 for enjoyment.
Feb 21, 2022 11:09 PM

Aug 2016
why cant this beautiful retro high fantasy anime have a good story? damn, what a waste.
:v
Aug 16, 2022 5:46 PM

Aug 2022
AI Remaster/Restoration project of my own for Lemnear:

Original vs Enhanced Comparison 1
Original vs Enhanced Comparison 2
Original vs Enhanced Comparison 3

Lemme know whaddya think!
Aug 18, 2022 1:28 AM

Jul 2014
@Anta-Baka-Ai
Wow! This looks great!
mozgowAug 18, 2022 2:07 AM
Dec 9, 2022 6:00 AM

Apr 2014
For a 40 min OVA, that was pretty good compared to others. The best thing about it is Urushihara's characters, as a Langrisser huge fan myself.

Anta-Baka-Ai said:
AI Remaster/Restoration project of my own for Lemnear:

Original vs Enhanced Comparison 1
Original vs Enhanced Comparison 2
Original vs Enhanced Comparison 3

Lemme know whaddya think!

This is incredible! I'd love to see the final project.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.