Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 18, 2018 7:34 PM
Mar 2018
Mayuka said:
Supremeot said:
Does anyone know the where to find the new bgm (background music) / ost of case closed. Like the new seasons and stuff. I was watching episode 522 (Murderer, Shinichi Kudo) and there was this one soundtrack I really liked and I can't find it anywhere. Pleaseee helpp!!
timestamp of the song? I can try and help :)

oh sorry i edited this like 3 times. It was between 38:52 - 39:19 im pretty sure :)
SupremeotMar 18, 2018 8:03 PM
May 21, 2018 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
I picked up DC after a long time and currently I'm at the mid 700 episodes and I feel like I don't hear the main theme song anymore (the one that starts playing when it gets amped up/when he starts solving cases or taking down bad guys). Did they take out the song for the newer seasons??? That was the best part of the series T^T
Dec 11, 2018 12:17 PM

Dec 2018
How long does all the credit go to Mouri? So far I'm liking the show but that part is really starting to get to me. I'm only on episode 16.

Now I don't want a specific "the show changes completely at *this* episode and he starts getting credit", but just generally speaking is there going to be hundreds of episodes of him using the voice changer?
Dec 11, 2018 1:26 PM

Jul 2012
Reimia said:
How long does all the credit go to Mouri? So far I'm liking the show but that part is really starting to get to me. I'm only on episode 16.

Now I don't want a specific "the show changes completely at *this* episode and he starts getting credit", but just generally speaking is there going to be hundreds of episodes of him using the voice changer?
yes, that's right. conan can't let people know he has the ability to deduce difficult mysteries as a kid.

later on, even when mouri isn't there, he uses the voice changer on other people.
Dec 11, 2018 1:35 PM

Dec 2018
Mayuka said:
Reimia said:

yes, that's right. conan can't let people know he has the ability to deduce difficult mysteries as a kid.

later on, even when mouri isn't there, he uses the voice changer on other people.

Ugh it really happens the entire series? Hmm I really want to watch this but...I'll keep going and see if I can get use to it. Thanks for telling me Mayu :).
Dec 11, 2018 2:57 PM

Jul 2012
Reimia said:
Mayuka said:

Ugh it really happens the entire series? Hmm I really want to watch this but...I'll keep going and see if I can get use to it. Thanks for telling me Mayu :).
its good even if kogoro takes credit lol. because conan works together to solve mysteries with better people later on, like his allies who know about his identity. hopefully you'll enjoy the series more when you watch a better case!
Dec 12, 2018 3:49 PM

May 2018
Later there are more cases when 2 or 3 "amateur" detectives cooperate on some of the cases figuring out different aspects of them.
Tons of characters joining the cast (with many unexpected and important connections between them...like the shared arcs with Kaitou Kid).
Also more cases with and more characters from the Black Organisation.
alshuDec 17, 2018 11:34 PM
Dec 13, 2019 1:59 AM
Dec 2019
in what episode ran says Conan is a lucky charm
Dec 13, 2019 2:00 AM
Dec 2019
in what episode ran says Conan is a lucky charm
Dec 24, 2019 10:59 AM

May 2018
Are there significant personality developments/coming of age in this show? Or does everything remain stagnant forever?
Let's take Kogorou for example. Will he ever change/develop? Or is 900+ Kogorou the same lame retard as he was at first episodes?
Nemo_NiemandDec 24, 2019 11:02 AM

Dec 25, 2019 9:02 AM

Jul 2012
Nemo_Niemand said:
Are there significant personality developments/coming of age in this show? Or does everything remain stagnant forever?
Let's take Kogorou for example. Will he ever change/develop? Or is 900+ Kogorou the same lame retard as he was at first episodes?

Honestly no lol

The most that changes is the the Ran x Shinichi relationship but that happened after 900+ episodes.

Mouri is always stupid. He does become a bit less cocky I think? But still stays the same.
Jan 7, 2020 1:28 AM

Nov 2019
Hello,
I would like to know the name of the OST here https://streamable.com/0emyw
Appreciate your help.
----------
UPDATE: I found it - it is from "Movie 18 : Dimensional Sniper"
Dimah85Jan 7, 2020 6:32 AM
Jan 7, 2020 6:24 AM
Jul 2019
It is a bad thing follow essencitial episodes guides?

Sorry for my english
Feb 8, 2020 10:56 AM

Jul 2012
@ChocoPuni
Magic file I watched 2-6 online, you just have to look for a link that's still alive. Can't help you much there.
The others you linked were only shown in a theater in Japan, so no luck.
I've watched all of the magic files and don't worry, you are not missing out much.
May 10, 2020 2:56 AM

Jul 2012
MagicalLove said:
Mayuka said:
Lupin is more like an experience! I love both franchises. For me, I like the modern setting of Conan which is why I like it more.

I understand! ^-^

P.S. AH! You deleted your messages, too :O Now it's like... we've never talked >c<
I don't want to be banned on MAL for double posting :x
May 12, 2020 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
MagicalLove said:
Mayuka said:
I don't want to be banned on MAL for double posting :x

I watched more Conan and I like it! Thank you, Mayuka-neesan!!! ^_^ "Neesan, makasete", right?? :) :)

Glad you're enjoying Conan ^_^
May 16, 2020 10:25 AM
May 2020
Hi, can anyone tell me if the name of the jewel Kaitou KID is looking for is mentioned during the Detective Conan series (including movies and OVA), and if yes, then when?
May 16, 2020 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
catthyyours said:
Hi, can anyone tell me if the name of the jewel Kaitou KID is looking for is mentioned during the Detective Conan series (including movies and OVA), and if yes, then when?

Pandora.
Was only mentioned in KK anime not DC

https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Pandora_Gem
May 16, 2020 1:45 PM
May 2020
Mayuka said:
catthyyours said:

Pandora.
Was only mentioned in KK anime not DC

https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Pandora_Gem

That's just what I needed to know, thanks!
Feb 23, 2021 9:38 AM

Oct 2012
I finally feel like getting into Conan. I used to read the manga in elementary school although just random volumes, this is pretty much the last show I have interest in that I haven't picked up yet

I love the fact there are lot of episodes and that the series started in my year of birth
Feb 24, 2021 11:29 AM

Jul 2012
weiss said:
I love the fact there are lot of episodes and that the series started in my year of birth
me too :) and a new movie every year near my birthday lol
Jan 26, 2022 4:59 PM
Jan 2015
Hello,

I have a question about the Episode order so i'm up to episode 110 which is the around the start of season 5 episode 4, at the end of Episode 109 with the preview it showed "The Case of the Seven Mysteries of Teitan Elementary School" but in the line up the next case is the two parter "The Murder Case of the Cooking Classroom"

was a mistake made when they animated that episode? and I should watch "The Murder Case of the Cooking Classroom" first? Or do I watch "The Case of the Seven Mysteries of Teitan Elementary School" first?

Once I get an answer to this I can continue catching up with Conan.
Jan 27, 2022 2:02 PM

Jan 2017
SmillieReacts said:
i'm up to episode 110 [...] at the end of Episode 109 with the preview it showed "The Case of the Seven Mysteries of Teitan Elementary School" but in the line up the next case is the two parter "The Murder Case of the Cooking Classroom"

It was a mistake , probably because of the ordering of episodes changing on DVDs.
It got fixed in some versions.
Actually , you can still find thread made about it years ago : https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/58-wrong-preview/

The next case is indeed Cooking Classroom.
Not that it change really something as it's a filler anyway.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jan 27, 2022 2:35 PM
Jan 2015
Thank you for the reply,

I have now watched Cooking Classrooms Parts 1 & 2. Of course they show a preview for The Scuba Diving Murder Case which is episode 8 and I still have 2 episodes to watch before I get to it, hoopefully the preview problem is fixed after the next few episodes.

I guess I will ignore that for the time being and just enjoy Conan.
May 31, 2022 3:28 AM

Dec 2015
Nemo_Niemand said:

in the 400-500 he smokes less on screen. at the same point he throws Conan like a ball in dwarf-bowling less often. at that point he also quits braining Conan over everything and nothing stuff, whacks on head making giant cartoon swollen places. he's also less apt to appear entirely utterly and completely drunk off his ass.

basically, i'm guessing the anime writers/bosses etc. finally got sick and tired of Japanese PTA moms and public officials bitching at them about all the child abuse Kogoro performs on Conan. because within 100 episodes? he cleaned his act up DAMN fast. :>
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
May 31, 2022 3:38 AM

Dec 2015
just started conan back in march 2022. passed on this franchise since i heard about it in the 1990's... yea, i'm that old of an otaku. so i'm watching the TV series (the whole thing every episode and the movies, but i haven't gotten to all the extra OVA bla bla bla stuff) online and using the wiki page episode list as a tour-guide.

so...

quick question if anybody's still reading this thread.

why the huge broadcast date gap between eps 609 March 19 2011 and 610 April 9?
was it because of movie .... 14 that year. that movie didn't come out till April 17.

somebody on staff get sick or die? i remember Kogoro's VA got replaced/fired several episodes earlier ... like around 523? ... did the anime staff go on strike or something in protest of him getting canned?

anyways, i've dug around a tiny bit online and since the 'news' is so 'olds' nobody has it in a search protocol anymore. all i get are... bla bla bla links having nothing to do with the words i type into the search bar.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jun 1, 2022 7:28 AM

Jan 2017
KiliianSleipnir said:
basically, i'm guessing the anime writers/bosses etc. finally got sick and tired of Japanese PTA moms and public officials bitching at them about all the child abuse Kogoro performs on Conan.

It also got towned down in the Manga , and it's said that it's Aoyama himself who has choosen to reduce the use of heavy themes like child abuse , cigarette , drugs , gore aspect of the murders , suicide , etc.
It's incredibly notable in the Anime when you compare Episode 11 and its remake Episodes 1000 & 1001.

KiliianSleipnir said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_T%C5%8Dhoku_earthquake_and_tsunami
"Huge"... Only a 2 weeks break tho.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jun 1, 2022 2:07 PM

Dec 2015
Alexioos95 said:
KiliianSleipnir said:
basically, i'm guessing the anime writers/bosses etc. finally got sick and tired of Japanese PTA moms and public officials bitching at them about all the child abuse Kogoro performs on Conan.

It also got towned down in the Manga , and it's said that it's Aoyama himself who has choosen to reduce the use of heavy themes like child abuse , cigarette , drugs , gore aspect of the murders , suicide , etc.
It's incredibly notable in the Anime when you compare Episode 11 and its remake Episodes 1000 & 1001.

KiliianSleipnir said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_T%C5%8Dhoku_earthquake_and_tsunami
"Huge"... Only a 2 weeks break tho.

ah thanks! yeah, i figured something interesting happened in the manga and the anime since Kogoro seriously toned down the 'crappy dad behavior'.

aha, earthquake, tsunami. ok! thanks!

well, it was a big break. from what i've figured out reading the episode list and the airdates, the show-runners have only ever taken a break/hiatus in December into January ever... at least in the 19 seasons i've seen so far.

thanks again!
Dec 20, 2022 1:57 PM
Mar 2022
Will we ever get out of ao hell?
Dec 13, 2023 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
How similar is this to Magic Kaito 1412? I'm currently re-watching that and really enjoy the simple charm that comes with each heist. I like how it can be zany & creative while having this whole "Saturday morning cartoon" vibe to it.

Also, does this series evolve with the times? For example, do characters eventually start using smartphones in more recent episodes or does it stick to the time period it's set in?
Dec 14, 2023 11:57 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to Zekkenshin
How similar is this to Magic Kaito 1412? I'm currently re-watching that and really enjoy the simple charm that comes with each heist. I like how it can be zany & creative while having this whole "Saturday morning cartoon" vibe to it.

Also, does this series evolve with the times? For example, do characters eventually start using smartphones in more recent episodes or does it stick to the time period it's set in?
@Zekkenshin Not entirely similar, I find Conan to be more slow paced tbh but there is the same charm

Zekkenshin said:
For example, do characters eventually start using smartphones in more recent episodes or does it stick to the time period it's set in?
Yes the technology does advance a lot
Also, in regards to animation, it improves a lot around episodes 600s I remember
Dec 14, 2023 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
Reply to Mayuka
@Zekkenshin Not entirely similar, I find Conan to be more slow paced tbh but there is the same charm

Zekkenshin said:
For example, do characters eventually start using smartphones in more recent episodes or does it stick to the time period it's set in?
Yes the technology does advance a lot
Also, in regards to animation, it improves a lot around episodes 600s I remember
@Mayuka Well I'm really enjoying Conan's guest appearances. Does he have the same personality in the main series?

I noticed your post in the FAQ about couples. I'm adoring Magic Kaito 1412's main pair. Are they similar to that?
Dec 15, 2023 7:03 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to Zekkenshin
@Mayuka Well I'm really enjoying Conan's guest appearances. Does he have the same personality in the main series?

I noticed your post in the FAQ about couples. I'm adoring Magic Kaito 1412's main pair. Are they similar to that?
@Zekkenshin yes his personality is the same and yes the couples are very similar BUT Shinichi is in Conan form so he can't really bicker with Ran the same way

there's another couple, Heiji and Kazuha who are identical
Dec 15, 2023 7:08 AM

Dec 2012
Reply to Mayuka
@Zekkenshin yes his personality is the same and yes the couples are very similar BUT Shinichi is in Conan form so he can't really bicker with Ran the same way

there's another couple, Heiji and Kazuha who are identical
@Mayuka Sounds good. I'll have to consider making this a pet project in 2024.
May 11, 9:39 PM

Jun 2010
I see the first few hundred episodes have had HD versions made. Should I expect all of the older episodes to get HD versions, or is there going to be a gap?
May 13, 4:11 AM

Sep 2022
Reply to Fronzel
I see the first few hundred episodes have had HD versions made. Should I expect all of the older episodes to get HD versions, or is there going to be a gap?
@Fronzel Yes, Netflix Japan is currently remastering DC, and a batch of episodes drops every few months
May 13, 5:36 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to _vermouth
@Fronzel Yes, Netflix Japan is currently remastering DC, and a batch of episodes drops every few months
@_vermouth wow really? that's amazing.

i wish they would remaster one piece properly too. they fucking butchered the upscaled release
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 208 Discussion

giraffesyo - Jul 24, 2012

8 by BladeX05 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 265 Discussion

Mayuka - Mar 12, 2013

10 by InfinityDude88 »»
Yesterday, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1110 Discussion

hai_X_is - Jan 13

10 by Wildflower3 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 263 Discussion

Godai_Yusaku - Apr 8, 2011

15 by InfinityDude88 »»
Yesterday, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1109 Discussion

AkaiWaZ - Jan 6

10 by Wildflower3 »»
Yesterday, 2:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.