Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 21, 2023 11:22 PM
Mar 2019
Wow I think that was the most depressing episode of anime I've ever watched, that made me very uncomfortable.
The crying at the end was very emotionally raw though, which was good.
Jul 28, 2023 12:19 AM

Jun 2021
What a chapter, I really felt that someone was going to commite suicide but this ended in a bunch of funny but sad feelings if i could explain more i'll do it but my mom tell me right now that i need to sleep and you know that you never say no to mama so gudbai ebriwan lol
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Aug 29, 2023 12:56 PM
Sep 2018
A dramatic death isn't befitting for us.
Sep 9, 2023 8:30 PM

Oct 2017
Wow I knew it was going to be dark but fuck this was dark didn't expect it.
the end got me emotional also.
Oct 10, 2023 11:51 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to kie_
its kinda stupid how he came to have a new life/start and at the end it became opposite
@kie_ yeah overrated episode, writing didn’t make much sense
Oct 19, 2023 3:10 PM

Sep 2017
Holy shit. This episode was peak drama. I loved every second of it. But now that just makes me wonder, what'll the next 11 episodes be about?
خ
Nov 15, 2023 7:49 PM

Jul 2021
i know i said that it was weird that satou wasn't depressed or suicidal after being a NEET for so long but i didn't want to see it go down like this. everything happened all of a sudden, i won't talk about the others but it was like satou just suddenly felt like killing himself just because he got a chance. moments before he was getting amused at the whole situation and his pathetic state and next he just wants to jump off? it was so fucking childish of him, he didn't even think once before taking that decision when just some minutes or hours ago he said he didn't wanna die. i guess we can call it an impulse and leave it off at that.

i dunno if that boat guy should really marry senpai, she's unstable af and her brain doesn't work as it should, i know she's been seeking help but lets just say it isn't working. firstly we need to eradicate the "iinbo" thing from her mind. everything is a conspiracy for her.

misaki's speech seems like an indication to that we might get to finally know about her.

and i read some posts and people are saying this episode was depressing af? like how? i don't see how it was very depressing. it was just a little sad and that's all.
TsutanaiFuunNov 15, 2023 8:07 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 18, 2023 12:27 PM

Sep 2021
That Misaki consoling is crazy😭, and thanks to Yamazaki that Satou is relieved
Goodnight, Punpun 
Dec 29, 2023 12:10 PM
Jan 2022
They don't settle for anything less than an outstanding episode
Jan 6, 9:50 AM
Feb 2020
Why are these people so fickle? Literally one bad thing happened in there lives, albeit some were worse than others, and then they just decided that the only way to solve it was to kill themselves. Like that kid couldn't even think of another way out of his situation? What the hell? Then these people are told one good thing and then they realize oh, my situation isn't as bad as i thought huh. That just means that their resolve wasn't even big enough to kill themselves anyway, but that was still the first solution that they thought of? And then I just don't even understand Satou at all in this episode. In the beginning he didn't want to just throw his life away, and then in the end he's the only person who does. This episode just irked me.
Jan 23, 11:05 PM

Jan 2019
I loved this episode

it showed that satou actually realizing that he has less reasons to live than these other people and that his excitement to live a new life with hitomi actually spurred them to live on, while they ironically did the opposite to him

then realizing how little conviction they had in dying and also how misaki told him she wants him alive for her own selfish gross reason to feel better about herself bc she found someone more horrible than she is. all self justification. Yamasaki telling him that he is not worthy of a dramatic grand death like falling off a cliff bc he is not cool

i hate misaki chan and its interesting that ppl love misaki chan and hate satou. its like the call is coming from inside the house lmfao.

anyway i love how this anime displays the different ways degeneracy, delusion, and incel behavior can manifest in people
candies:

Apr 30, 4:03 PM

Sep 2018
This episode really put Satou's circumstances into a rearranged perspective for me: it really feels like he doesn't have a single person who genuinely cares for him. The people seemingly close to him are merely using him to make life more convenient or feel better about themselves. Hitomi has always turned to Satou as a final option when no one else was there for her. The way Misaki spoke about him in this episode would have made me jump out of sheer spite if I were in his place. Even Yamazaki is just projecting with that "people like us don't deserve a dramatic death". I'm honestly at a loss for words to describe the feeling this realization evoked in me – all I can say is that it's exactly the kind I was hoping to experience when I decided to start watching this anime.

On the other side of the happiness spectrum, "as long as you're alive, you can start over" is a really good piece of both hope and advice that is definitely going to stick with me. It emphasizes the fact that change is not something that can be rushed and that small steps will go a long way on a scale as large as life.
May 11, 12:56 PM
Feb 2020
What a lot of people don't realize is that Satō was not „not suicidal” but it was just never triggered inside him, and at that moment the realization snapped in him that he is worthless anyways. Relatable as frick.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 2, 2017

637 by CaptainKenshiro »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

166 by Ronninn »»
Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

126 by puffle9000 »»
May 22, 10:41 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Juliab - Apr 29, 2008

122 by Ronninn »»
May 22, 9:30 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

95 by Ronninn »»
May 21, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.