Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 10:55 AM

Feb 2024
https://news-ntv-co-jp.translate.goog/category/culture/df3f9a25f7274c798f29461e1aee843b?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ja&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Do you think Frieren has found good translators? I used the Google translator, but you may find the article hard to read.
May 15, 11:47 AM
Apr 2024
I think the translation is pretty good. Localisation is okay for me if the story stay true to the original.
Mike: I want to convey the manga artist's ideas to the readers, so I don't want to change the meaning too much. When translating from Japanese to English, the meaning changes. So that's tough. However, I try to think about the lines and the author's feelings as much as possible, and leave them as they are without changing them.
Like these changes doesn't let the story deviate from the original.
May 16, 6:09 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to JoySeeker
I think the translation is pretty good. Localisation is okay for me if the story stay true to the original.
Mike: I want to convey the manga artist's ideas to the readers, so I don't want to change the meaning too much. When translating from Japanese to English, the meaning changes. So that's tough. However, I try to think about the lines and the author's feelings as much as possible, and leave them as they are without changing them.
Like these changes doesn't let the story deviate from the original.
@PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE He said "Frieren of the funeral" was a little different. Do you feel the same way?
May 16, 6:21 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to GinIonSui
@PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE He said "Frieren of the funeral" was a little different. Do you feel the same way?
@GinIonSui

Frieren was supposed to be a one-shot gag manga and 'Frieren at the Funeral' was the originally planned title for it.
May 16, 8:52 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to JoySeeker
@GinIonSui

Frieren was supposed to be a one-shot gag manga and 'Frieren at the Funeral' was the originally planned title for it.
@PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE I didn't know that. According to my research, an editor requested that the author make a gag manga, but he ignored the request. lol
May 16, 8:54 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to GinIonSui
@PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE I didn't know that. According to my research, an editor requested that the author make a gag manga, but he ignored the request. lol
@GinIonSui

Well idk. Maybe you're right.

They had several thoughts that went from a gag manga which resulted in storyboards for a one-shot of Frieren. Upon reading the one-shot of Frieren, Ogura started laughing, claiming that it was not a comedy at all.

After Kanehito Yamada, who was in charge of the original work, finished serializing his previous work, "Since it was a comedy about demons, I suggested that they try writing a gag in that direction, and suddenly the name of the first chapter of Funeral Frieren" came up.

They started as a one shot then changed it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frieren
JoySeekerMay 16, 9:08 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 129 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 20

19 by Aidenz05 »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 109 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 28, 2023

10 by Biisoo »»
Jun 12, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 107 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Jan 17, 2023

26 by Biisoo »»
Jun 12, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 110 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 4, 2023

16 by ReaperCreeper »»
Jun 11, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 102 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 11, 2022

21 by Biisoo »»
Jun 11, 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.