Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 5:59 PM

Dec 2021
Egghead is in shambles right now, lol.

With Sentomaru now completely unconscious, CP0 has taken full control of the Seraphim. While Kuma appears at the Red Line, both CP0 and Vegapunk's forces are occupied with strategizing. Meanwhile, Bonney remains furious with Vegapunk, and mysteriously, the Labophase defense system goes offline. Seizing this opportunity, CP0 attempts to destroy the Thousand Sunny, while elsewhere, Kizaru makes his own preparations for the invasion on Egghead.

Kuma returning to Red Port/Mary Geoise is a surprising twist. Could it be because he's considered a slave? All that effort to free him... and then we have Lucci, who doesn't seem to know his place. The Straw Hat Pirates have come so far; they deserve recognition as Yonkou. With that reasoning, I find it hard to believe that Gol D. Roger is truly the Pirate King or something. Anyways, back to shitty pacing it seems lol. Full chapter pacing back in 1100 was fun while it lasted.

And here comes the man himself, Kizaru.

Apr 27, 5:59 PM

Sep 2015
Goddamn, Kuma be traveling through sea like DBZ

Crazy how Lucci is back in his condition after the fight

GODDAMN KUMA HIT HIMSELF AGAINST THE RED LINE?!

Holy moly Bonnie is going crazy here.

I feel like Kaku changed his personality too much.

Cliffhanger with Kizaru at the end

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 27, 6:58 PM

Apr 2022
bit of a breather episode after the two hyped back-to-back fight episodes, but this still had a bunch going on. kuma slamming right into the redline raising a lot of questions and confusion there, i'm not ready for the upcoming flashback. CP0 within sight of the sunny and we all know who'll be waiting there if shit goes south. least the strawhat gang and vegapunks safe. sanji getting hyped about lilith-chwan lmao. vegapunk is very self aware of his feats with science, talk yo shit boy. kizaru is also pulling up to egghead, heat is being cooked.
Apr 27, 7:41 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty amusing to see all the Vegapunks arguing with each other LOL
Awesome to see Kuma and Kizaru for a little bit
Bonney's more worked up about the bugs now lol
Apr 27, 7:52 PM
Dec 2022
seraphim now under cp0 control Sentomaru pain
Kuma zoomin
Edison beloved Frontier dome is cooked
BORSALINO AAAAA

GARP CONTENT NEXT EPISODE YEAH BABYYYYYYYY
and.... certain Bonney content.... pain....

wallus81Apr 27, 7:57 PM
Apr 27, 8:00 PM

Jan 2016
How come Lucci is unharmed after that punch from Luffy last episode lol
now they plan to destroy the ship, cant wait to see getting owned again but by Zoro and Brook this time that are protecting it.. or so I hope.

Seems an all out war against Borsalino is coming, this is very action packed
Apr 27, 8:08 PM

Jul 2020
CP-0 getting through the defences and Borsalino showing up is definitely not a good sign for Vegapunk or the Straw Hats. It'll be interesting seeing if and how they escape. Also based on the preview it seems there is going to be more on Bonney and Kuma next week which has been one of the most intriguing things set up so far in this arc. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Apr 27, 8:10 PM

Aug 2021
each time i see kuma in the anime i'm reminded of his backstory coming closer and closer
Apr 27, 8:12 PM

Jul 2007
Reply to Ryushindai
How come Lucci is unharmed after that punch from Luffy last episode lol
now they plan to destroy the ship, cant wait to see getting owned again but by Zoro and Brook this time that are protecting it.. or so I hope.

Seems an all out war against Borsalino is coming, this is very action packed
@Ryushindai

Don't look at things like DBZ. The reason Rob Lucci is unharmed is because Zoan Devil Fruit users, especially awakened, have incredibe healing effects.

Apr 27, 8:35 PM

Jan 2016
I'm not donating Lilith-Chwaaan
Stop asking!!!

I really like how goofy this all is, also WG could have kept Vegapunk but are to scared of him am this knowledge LOL. He literally does not care ๐Ÿ˜‚

It's a mystery to all sides who took down the defenses. Also mystery who this other contact is (I'm guessing SWORD)
Wonder how Kizaru will react to Sentomaru's death. There is still so much teasers in opening we have not seen yet while all this is going on. Truly a crazy diverse world.
I am confused how CP0 took control of seraphim as I though Vegapunk in person first ordered. Lame.
Kuma :( also wonder who will protect the ship. Someone in a comment said a lost swordsman and that makes perfect sense since that's literally the only way as no one is tracking right now.

Threat tiers:
4th CP0
3rd Kizaru
2nd Gorosei (I still say they will show up even if CP0 somehow got control of Seraphim)
1st, and the most dangerous of them all to this operation and likely the main opponent for Luffy....... Bonney!!!!

4/5 because don't understand Seraphim taking CP0 over Vegapunk which greatly lowers my hopes of Gorosei showing up

Apr 27, 8:36 PM
Jan 2021
We start with Kuma’s flight. At this point we don’t know where he’s going. Lucci wants to rush at Vegapunk, but the Navy ordered them to wait until they arrive.

Vegapunk explains how his revolutionary inventions have problem how threatening his intelligence is, hence why the World Government wants to off him. And for whatever reason, they believe that Vegapunk wants to rebel. Nami is against the idea of Vegapunk aboarding the Sunny, but unfortunately for her Luffy already agreed and as Robin points out, the Sunny is being held hostage, so they don’t have a choice.

Some robots are getting ready to treat Atlas and Bonney goes on the hunt for Vegapunk. She’s blaming him for the bugs, despite how he tried to warn her… CP-0 start blocking off every escape route so that Vegapunk can’t get away and Kuma crashes at Red Port at the foot of the Red Line.

The people around the entrance of Bondoras are ordered to evacuate because they don’t know what’s going on with Kuma’s programming.

Lucci says the most outlandish bullshit that I’ve seen in a while. HE SAYS THAT HE DOESN’T ACKNOWLEDGE LUFFY AS AN EMPEROR!

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIM. LUFFY IS SUCH A BADASS THAT AFTER DEFEATING KATAKURI IN THE MIRROR WORLD HE MADE A NEW EMPEROR SEAT JUST FOR HIM! THAT’S WHY HE’S THE FIFTH EMPEROR! LUCCI YOU BETTER SHOW LUFFY HIS DUE RESPECT!

Lilith is ready to take on Cipher Pol, but Shaka says otherwise. He says their priority is to get Stella (which refers to Vegapunk himself) off the island. Vegapunk decides to call on the last ally that he has on the island, and said ally is awaiting his orders. Who is this mysterious individual?! Vegapunk lets the crew know that the six satellites will be boarding the ship as well. Bonney resents Vegapunk for the bugs, despite him trying to warn her, and she still goes after him.

All of a sudden, the Frontier Dome is turned off despite no one being in the control room. Someone is trying to sabotage Vegapunk and I wonder who did it and why. Kaku, Lucci, and Stussi go up and they see the Thousand Sunny. Lucci has the dumb idea of going after it while it looks like Kizaru is on his way with a giant fleet.

In the ending segment we learn that Kizaru was born November 23rd and likes ginger, bananas, and miso ramen (not Naruto’s favorite; his is miso CHAR SU ramen). His Devil Fruit is called the Glint-Glint fruit and enables him to transform into light. Sentomaru refers to him as Uncle, so apparently they go way back.

I’M HYPED FOR WHAT’S NEXT!
Apr 27, 8:47 PM

Jun 2014
CP-0 pulling up to Egghead already made things kind of messy but now you add Kizaru and the Marine fleet. So much intensity is about to ensue with all of these key players converging on this island.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 27, 8:55 PM

Jun 2015
Lucci being a sore loser; "I don't acknowledge Straw Hat as an Emperor" my ass. Get low diffed.

New Borsalino voice actor doesn't have the same laziness to his voice as the old guy did. I miss him.
Read Toriko!
Apr 27, 9:07 PM

Nov 2012
I became increasingly annoyed and pissed every time I saw York sitting there stuffing her huge face.

Didn't realize we'd be getting a new seiyuu for Borsalino. His new voice doesn't command my attention like the other one. The old one fit perfectly with his 'aw do I have to' attitude. He now sounds eager instead of lazy.
dragynfaerieApr 27, 9:11 PM
Apr 27, 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
In contrast to the last two episodes, this one was obviously the exact opposite.

I can very well imagine that the elimination of Vegapunk was decided at the very top and apparently the fear that Vegapunk could leak information is greater than the benefit that he brought to the world government over time through his countless innovations. This aspect in particular doesn't really make sense to me, since you want to keep such a genius on your side and not suddenly turn him into an enemy. If Vegapunk actually manages to escape, it will probably cost the world government dearly.

I had no idea that Kuma could fly like that, but considering his condition, I just feel sorry for him. I could be wrong, but for a moment it looked like he was fighting himself inside. This was particularly indicated by the transition from the red eyes, which usually means loss of control, back to his normal eyes. However, we still lack information about what goal Kuma is pursuing and what place he wants to reach.

I actually had to laugh when Lucci said that he doesn't recognize Luffy as Emperor. The last fight in particular should have made it clear to him what enormous strength Luffy now has, but he is probably just too stubborn in this regard.

At first I assumed that Vegapunk was asking Vice Admiral Doll from the G-14 for help, but the voice sounded different as far as I can remember. So who was it on the other end of the line?
Likewise, it is a mystery to me who was able to disable the Frontier Dome's defense system from outside. Especially when there was no one in the control room. No wonder Lucci and Stussy thought it was a trap. With the new plan to destroy the Sunny, I can't wait to see the encounter with Zoro.

Given that Kizaru has almost reached Egghead, this provided the perfect build-up to the events that will most likely begin to unfold next week.

Natsu88May 4, 7:49 PM

Apr 27, 9:29 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to dragynfaerie
I became increasingly annoyed and pissed every time I saw York sitting there stuffing her huge face.

Didn't realize we'd be getting a new seiyuu for Borsalino. His new voice doesn't command my attention like the other one. The old one fit perfectly with his 'aw do I have to' attitude. He now sounds eager instead of lazy.
@dragynfaerie He's now voiced by Okiayu Ryoutarou, who's mostly known for his role as Kuchiki Byakuya. Still, in my opinion, he does a great job, especially considering how difficult it is to interpret Kizaru the way the previous va did.

Apr 27, 11:12 PM

Jul 2008
Ah we're about to do the jump around now.
Apr 27, 11:52 PM

Aug 2019
As hyped as Sanji for Lilith coming aboard the Sunny

Apr 28, 1:18 AM
Mar 2023
Ngl I think this is one of the worst canon episodes of one piece
Apr 28, 1:24 AM

Feb 2021
It's like all-out battle now :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 28, 2:37 AM
Jun 2023
Not much happend in this episode but the build up for next episode got me excited. And Kizaru BLack and Yellow stripped suit is drippy as Hell.
Apr 28, 3:27 AM
Feb 2024
15260gegverbger
One Piece
Apr 28, 3:32 AM

Nov 2016
Slow episode with some funny moments, tho. Dripzaru was the highlight.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 28, 4:08 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Slimdudejim
Not much happend in this episode but the build up for next episode got me excited. And Kizaru BLack and Yellow stripped suit is drippy as Hell.
@Slimdudejim

As anime only I am wondering who the female is who is coming to save them?

Only strong female I can think of straight away is the old granny that was friends with Garp but I doubt it is her.
Apr 28, 4:25 AM

Feb 2020
It's been so long since I read the manga that I had forgotten about this part

JIKAI:
Apr 28, 8:54 AM
Jul 2013
The CP0, the Seraphim, and now Admiral Kizaru.

EGGHEAD will be a war, and the perfect measuring stick to see if the crew title of a sea emperor is too big for Luffy and the mugiwaras!
Apr 28, 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to Eldencheese
Ngl I think this is one of the worst canon episodes of one piece
@Eldencheese Not by a long shot ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ There's at least a 100 worse canon episodes than this. At least. Your recency bias is showing.
Read Toriko!
Apr 28, 9:50 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to phantom346
@Eldencheese Not by a long shot ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ There's at least a 100 worse canon episodes than this. At least. Your recency bias is showing.
@phantom346 bro has never heard of exaggeration
Apr 28, 9:56 AM
Feb 2023
waiting for some major stuff felt like a filler episode
Apr 28, 10:57 AM

Jun 2022
lowkey kinda gt bored watching this episode it felt pretty slow.. probably heading towards negative pacing

Apr 28, 12:22 PM
Jan 2020
So all the Vegapunks are gonna join the Straw Hats? Yay! Nami and Robin looking fine af in this episode as always. What is Kuma's goal, Kizaru is on his way to Egghead, can't wait for Luffy to finally take down an admiral.
Apr 28, 1:03 PM

Jul 2007
Reply to Eldencheese
@phantom346 bro has never heard of exaggeration
@Eldencheese

There is like a slight few episodes that are slower then others *this one included* but the majority of this arc will take you on a rollercoaster ride the likes of which you have never seen in this story. Oda also recognizes the pacing issues with wano and how stretched out it was which is why this arc seems to be more on point with the story. That's all i can say for now.

Apr 28, 1:30 PM
Mar 2023
ArtimesGamer said:
@Eldencheese

There is like a slight few episodes that are slower then others *this one included* but the majority of this arc will take you on a rollercoaster ride the likes of which you have never seen in this story. Oda also recognizes the pacing issues with wano and how stretched out it was which is why this arc seems to be more on point with the story. That's all i can say for now.

Bro I know I’ve read the manga. I’m never gonna stop watching one piece. But I’m still gonna. Complain about its faults
Apr 28, 1:33 PM

Nov 2023
Very good episode. We saw flying kuma.

Then Boonie is ready to beat-up Vega Punk.

Also CP-0 doing their job plus with Kizaru coming to Egghead now.

Next episode maybe, we gonna watch that one backstory every manga reader is feeling for.
I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time
Apr 28, 8:05 PM
Mar 2022
LilyVarbik said:
Stop asking!!!

I really like how goofy this all is, also WG could have kept Vegapunk but are to scared of him am this knowledge LOL. He literally does not care ๐Ÿ˜‚

It's a mystery to all sides who took down the defenses. Also mystery who this other contact is (I'm guessing SWORD)
Wonder how Kizaru will react to Sentomaru's death. There is still so much teasers in opening we have not seen yet while all this is going on. Truly a crazy diverse world.
I am confused how CP0 took control of seraphim as I though Vegapunk in person first ordered. Lame.
Kuma :( also wonder who will protect the ship. Someone in a comment said a lost swordsman and that makes perfect sense since that's literally the only way as no one is tracking right now.

Threat tiers:
4th CP0
3rd Kizaru
2nd Gorosei (I still say they will show up even if CP0 somehow got control of Seraphim)
1st, and the most dangerous of them all to this operation and likely the main opponent for Luffy....... Bonney!!!!

4/5 because don't understand Seraphim taking CP0 over Vegapunk which greatly lowers my hopes of Gorosei showing up

Vegapunk hasn't given them orders yet, they only take orders in person and not over the phone, the last order given to them was by Santomaru but he is unconscious now so now CP0 can control them, if Vegapunk wants the control over seraphims back then he will have to go in person to the sheraphims to give new orders.

Seraphim command hierarchy -
1. 5 elders
2. vegapunk (including satellites)
3. Sentomaru (currently unconscious)
4. Authority chip holders (currently CP0)

Seraphims only take orders in person not through transponder snails
Apr 28, 8:19 PM
Mar 2022
LilyVarbik said:
Stop asking!!!

Threat tiers:
4th CP0
3rd Kizaru

Vegapunk hasn't given them orders yet, they only take orders in person and not over the phone, the last order given to them was by Santomaru but he is unconscious now so now CP0 can control them, if Vegapunk wants to get control over seraphims back then he will have to go in person to them to give new orders.

1. 5 elders
3. Santomaru (currently unconscious)
4. authority chip holders (currently CP0)

Seraphims can only receive orders in person not over the transponder snails.
Apr 28, 8:24 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to LilyVarbik
Stop asking!!!

Threat tiers:
4th CP0
3rd Kizaru

@LilyVarbik Vegapunk hasn't given them orders yet, they only take orders in person and not over the phone, the last order given to them was by Santomaru but he is unconscious now so now CP0 can control them, if Vegapunk wants to get control over seraphims back then he will have to go in person to them to give new orders.

1. 5 elders
3. Santomaru (currently unconscious)
4. authority chip holders (currently CP0)

Seraphims can only receive orders in person not over the transponder snails.
Apr 28, 10:15 PM
May 2020
Egghead arc ia going offff
Apr 29, 1:06 AM
Jan 2023
Dang that episode went by so quick ๐Ÿ’จ
Apr 29, 10:14 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Who is the misterious woman that will help Vegapunk to scapes?
kekeke
Apr 29, 11:19 AM

Dec 2023
Kizaru-san, you better turn around :c
Apr 29, 2:12 PM
Apr 2021
I heard nothing interesting happened in the last week's episode, therefore I am waiting this week to watch both the previous and this week's episodes on Sunday.
Apr 29, 2:18 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to IzanaSolos
Egghead is in shambles right now, lol.

With Sentomaru now completely unconscious, CP0 has taken full control of the Seraphim. While Kuma appears at the Red Line, both CP0 and Vegapunk's forces are occupied with strategizing. Meanwhile, Bonney remains furious with Vegapunk, and mysteriously, the Labophase defense system goes offline. Seizing this opportunity, CP0 attempts to destroy the Thousand Sunny, while elsewhere, Kizaru makes his own preparations for the invasion on Egghead.

Kuma returning to Red Port/Mary Geoise is a surprising twist. Could it be because he's considered a slave? All that effort to free him... and then we have Lucci, who doesn't seem to know his place. The Straw Hat Pirates have come so far; they deserve recognition as Yonkou. With that reasoning, I find it hard to believe that Gol D. Roger is truly the Pirate King or something. Anyways, back to shitty pacing it seems lol. Full chapter pacing back in 1100 was fun while it lasted.

And here comes the man himself, Kizaru.
@IzanaSolos

What "shitty pacing"???

I swear, most manga readers truly don't know what pacing is.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Apr 29, 2:18 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Anyways, this ep was fire, as usual.

Egghead fr built differently.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Apr 30, 4:28 AM
Mar 2024
Kuma's backstory gonna flood tears bro
May 1, 2:39 AM
Jun 2022
Lucci being a sore loser; "I don't acknowledge Straw Hat as an Emperor" my ass. Get low diffed.

New Borsalino voice actor doesn't have the same laziness to his voice as the old guy did. I miss him.
May 1, 9:12 PM

Dec 2013
That's an unfortunate time for the barrier to go down. I can't blame CP0 for being suspicious.

I'm hyped for Kizaru's eventual arrival.
May 3, 11:38 AM
Sep 2023
that was great, i love it
May 4, 3:19 PM
May 2020
Very good episode, great adaptation
May 6, 2:38 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Naaah Toei causing more suffering for Kuma.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 527 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ElectricSlime - Dec 10, 2011

88 by kejora »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 93 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

49 by Ratris_Decision »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1098 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 23

43 by Gator »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1097 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 16

44 by Gator »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 404 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SlaughterChichi - Jun 7, 2009

128 by bakakisima »»
8 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.