Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
One day, Subaru's grandmother suddenly comes to Tokyo. Subaru's grandfather wants Subaru to be an actress. But her desire is not to be an actress; it's to be in a band, to pursue music.

If it came to that, she declared she would say it clearly. Subaru talks tough to everyone, but when it came time to meet with her grandmother, she smiles like a borrowed cat and only plays the role of a young lady.

Apr 26, 9:32 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another nice episode. Subaru has become my favorite character.
Apr 26, 10:45 AM

Sep 2018
Honestly Im very impressed by how well fleshed out the characters are so far. Subaru is my favorite of the bunch so far with the obvious two more coming, but it's nice to see a music/drama where the issues are at least very grounded in reality and not blown out of proportion or completely unrelatable. Very excited for more :]
Blanks.
Apr 26, 12:24 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Cool, they toned down the pacing and focus on one issue at hand for the whole episode, that being Subaru's relationship with being an actress and her grandma. Understandably so she couldn't tell her the facts just then but it's now on her mind and has the support of the filp flopping Nina and the English speaking Momoka. Still not a fan of the audio mixing since the dialogue isn't as long as the backgroung chords but they still have some time to fix it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 26, 12:46 PM
Dec 2022
Yet another wonderful episode. Each episode is so funny yet beautiful and emotional. Nina is quite a handful and gets on Momoka's nerves a lot. Subaru is my most favorite character. I love her personality.
Apr 26, 12:47 PM
Aug 2022
Sucks that this show will go unnoticed by a lot of people cause for some reason everyone hates CGI despite hundreds of anime having it in moments. I really do love this show cause its one of the few anime I've seen solely focus on music. Shows like bocchi the rock are great but that show focused a big portion on comedy as well as music. Which isn't bad at all I'm just saying I love that this show is mostly all about the music.

The translations for this are kind messy at times but I can pretty easily infer what they actually mean.
Apr 26, 2:39 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Phantom_373
Sucks that this show will go unnoticed by a lot of people cause for some reason everyone hates CGI despite hundreds of anime having it in moments. I really do love this show cause its one of the few anime I've seen solely focus on music. Shows like bocchi the rock are great but that show focused a big portion on comedy as well as music. Which isn't bad at all I'm just saying I love that this show is mostly all about the music.

The translations for this are kind messy at times but I can pretty easily infer what they actually mean.
> The translations for this are kind messy at times

What you saw was machine translation (as in Google Tr. or DeepL) and possibly multiple turns of it (JAP -> FRA / ESP -> ENGrish)

Gladly, there is now a human-made fan titling called NakayubiSubs, which actually makes sense.
Apr 26, 2:49 PM
Dec 2017
Such a wasted opportunity... A triangle scene with Subaru in the center and not a single joke about Sorry Rem, I love Emilia! (By the way, who's Rem?)

Anyhow, Nina is a better actor than Subaru and a better singer than Momoka, despite having no training in either fields at all.

Finally, the girls should have just exchanged candy with the strict pose lady and then they'd soon find a boyfriend. (Though I can imagine Nina becoming Subaru's boyfriend eventually...)
Apr 26, 4:21 PM

May 2021
When Subaru said that she found that she loved playing the drums after their first show, that hit really hard. Reminded me of myself when I first started playing drums. Nina and Momoka getting roped into the acting practice was hilarious. What grandma says goes, no questions asked. Just a really endearing and genuinely good episode this week. Still waiting patiently to meet the other girls for real but the show is so much fun, I can wait a bit longer.
Apr 26, 4:39 PM

Jun 2015
A Subaru episode for Subaru's birthday. Pretty nice. Anyway Happy Birthday Subaru 🎉🎉

NameLess_NEETApr 26, 4:51 PM
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

Jun 2022
i cannot wait to meet the other characters !!! o(≧▽≦)o

Apr 26, 7:51 PM

Jan 2022
That's another very great episode, Girls Band Cry is definitively the anime that I have the most joy to watch each week (if you don't count mushoku tensei lol). We see once again this chaotic group with different personalities and emotions, and today it was Subaru's turn. I always liked her character from the beginning, she seemed to enjoy life a ton and was cute/funny. We got to see more of her background, and it's indeed an harsh reality and a big cul-de-sac. Overall I especially liked the goofy moments of the episodes, like when Subaru runs away after getting a phone call and you can see Momoka through the door, this was fucking funny. Excited to see more episodes and the introduction of the two others girls, hope that it's good, because right now the character dynamic between those 3 are so cool.
I like everything, ok
Apr 26, 7:55 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Phantom_373

@Phantom_373 The fact that there is no official english translation and publisher probably doesn't help lol, but I agree that it's an hidden gem and that CGI haters only think of bad CGI when there are golden stuff like studio Orange and this studio Toei Animation (with the slam dunk movie for example) who are a step above.
I like everything, ok
Apr 26, 8:21 PM
Nov 2023
It’s nice to see only good comments this week! The CGI haters have drifted away, it’s just music lovers here now. This show has so much heart and depth I can’t believe how good it is, and the 3D rendering is flawless. The expressions are outstanding, especially the comedic ones. I love the whole Bang Dream series (and game), but would love to see better visual quality. Now there’s a girls band show with NOTHING wrong! I hope it goes on for many happy years.
Apr 27, 1:04 AM

Nov 2013
Loved the episode.
Such a pain. When parents/family expect you to follow their footsteps even if you want to do your own thing. I think many can relate to the pressure and pain of having to do something you don't really enjoy but still do because you don't want to upset them. Can be very depressing... Parents shouldn't be using kids as tools to fulfill own selfish desires.
Apr 27, 3:22 AM

May 2019
This has to be funniest episode so far and I really love the interactions between the band members especially when with Subaru's grandmother. This only cemented Subaru as the best girl. Never thought I would found a band anime this engaging in these days. So far the introduction for three members have been handled extremely well with their clashing personalities and let's see the other two. I really have high hope for this show doing well and more people need to watch it.

Apr 27, 6:42 AM

Jul 2017
So far so good for the 3-girl band, with Nina gearing on vocals, Subaru on drums, and both still have lots of work to do. To Nina, Momoka leaving Diamond Dust is a topic that she's rather not want to talk about it, which started from her school's Light Music Club. With dreams and aspirations, Momoka soon fell out of the rat race, and started going solo. Both girls wanting to find Subaru, but seeing her with her grandmother of actress Tendo Awa, her line of family coming from a line of actors, both Nina and Momoka completely had been fooled by her, but also acting alongside her? It's a "wing it" kinda of improvised situation, which Nina actually was a surprise being a good enough actor, though it being ranting of why she wants to leave the band.

Wth the band in tatters, Subaru inviting Nina to her house to talk things through, and they did manage to...though at the cusp of being in the reign of acting, which doesn't help one bit. And despite her worries, Subaru managing to laugh it off as an act, what is true within her, it's her choice to act upon.

Straight to the point, Subaru needs to act on that.
Apr 27, 12:39 PM
Aug 2021
Nina is my current favorite gremlin
Apr 27, 1:22 PM

Aug 2022
From now on, Subaru will remain in the band with Nina and Momoka.

It's a relaxing episode but there is a bit of worry because Subaru is threatened with leaving the band. But it was all her own decision to stay in the band.

And congratulations to Subaru who had a birthday yesterday, happy birthday.

Apr 27, 1:55 PM
Jan 2024

It's incredible how this anime deals with these issues.
Apr 27, 3:55 PM
May 2023
Nina nina nina you are too wishy-washy, this episode is amazing, it has drama that is immediately resolved in this episode too.

Happy late birthday Subaru🖤
Apr 28, 12:01 AM
Apr 2021
I like the character expression in this series. The relation between Nina, Momoka and Subaru is funny.
I love the opening song and opening scene. This week I heard so many times!

I'm looking forward to the new episodes of this series the most of this season besides Hibike Euphonium Season 3 and Konosuba Season 3.
So far I prefer this series than Jelly fish can't swim at night that the series similar in several point
Apr 28, 1:00 AM

Mar 2008
Another great episode. Loving all the band mates.
Apr 28, 5:31 AM

Jun 2016
totally good and funny episode !!

really smooth cgi animation make me impressed
Apr 28, 10:51 AM
May 2022
Great episode, although I start worrying that it might get rushed in the end. We have so many plots now they deal with and there will be also other characters introduced later and its listed for 13 eps. Does anybody know if it will end with that or could there possibly come more?
Apr 28, 9:35 PM

Nov 2021
This anime is soo good I will forever be upset at the lost potential because no streaming services picked this up
Apr 29, 12:04 AM

Mar 2024
I think i overrated this anime at first. The energetic and countercultural mood of the first few episodes perfectly suited the mood that i had in that moment.
But by the third episode you want something more than just fun and protest and this is where the problems began. The CGI reminds of modern Disney TOO MUCH, but i hate modern Disney. The jokes is annoying and the characters no longer seem interesting. I think ill stop watching GBC soon. But anyway, its not a bad anime and it was an interesting experience.

And also i still like the music. Music here is something great.
Apr 29, 2:09 AM
Aug 2023
SUBARUUUUU :SOBSOB: i love how much depth the characters are getting i hope it continues in this direction
Apr 30, 7:57 PM
Apr 2018
art style: 100/10
voice acting: 100/10
singing voice: 1000/10
CG animation: 10000/10

this anime just all around chef kisses. i can't even point 1 single bad thing
Apr 30, 9:24 PM

Jun 2020
Nina being wishy-washy in this anime is probably the most thing I hate yet I like. It truly feels like she is a totally normal girl who just starts trying to face her own problems and others.
Also, I love Subaru's voice. It's not the typical high pitched and overacting voice I usually hear in anime, so it sounds really nice.
May 1, 7:55 PM

Mar 2008
I don't entirely get why Subaru's grandmother would even have any opposition to her being in a band. I mean people in bands can basically do acting for music videos and being on stage in some performances so it's not entirely removed from acting.
May 2, 4:51 AM

Dec 2023
-AAAAAAAAA!
-AAAAAAAAAA!
-AAAA!

Good ep
May 2, 2:23 PM
Jan 2024
if youre not watching this cuz of the 3D animation youre missing out

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 4 hours ago

1 by Ryushindai »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Vote here if you want them all move to the same apartment and living together!

mufarari - May 15

4 by mufarari »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 12

68 by IbnAurum »»
Yesterday, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 3

45 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

33 by FelloniusWizard »»
Yesterday, 2:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.