Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
So we got action and one on one battles for this tournament.

Jin makes it pretty far in this although the episode itself it felt like there was a bigger purpose from behind the scenes. Makoto is called in and felt the pressure from another Merchant Guild. The fighting tournament itself felt very underwhelming imo.
Apr 15, 7:43 AM

Dec 2021
Oh hell yeah, it's tournament arc time!

The true students challenge the individual matches of the school festival's main event, the martial arts tournament. Eager to demonstrate their daily efforts in the competition, they find themselves forced into a duel against their fellow classmates due to the machinations of the nobles. In the midst of this, Jin Rohan, who advances to the finals, faces off against Ilumgand Hopleys, who harbors a gaze of true hatred. Who will emerge victorious!?

The following day, Makoto is summoned by Zara, the representative of the Merchants Guild of Rotsgard branch. There, he is questioned by Zara about the dubious methods of circulation employed by the Kazunoha Trading Company, raising suspicions from an outsider's perspective.

Makoto's really in a pickle now...
IzanaSolosApr 15, 6:02 PM

Apr 15, 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
The Rotsgard Academy tournament arc has begun, and the infighting between Makoto's students from the Hopleys' dastardly plans will not prove easy.

With Daena winning over Yuno, Jin and Mithra's fight seems to be settled fast without scores. Abelia and Shifu gave it their all, only to edge it out for the latter on the mage category all the way through. Will Jin do the same for the swordmanship category against Ilumgand?

Even against real armour and a sword, Jin fights with all his might, which this is but only a fraction of his real power. But even then, Shifu completely dominated over Jin, and that's done for the individual category, with the team event the next day. Makoto's reputation is slowly growing, but him having to meet Rotsgard merchant guild's leader Zara Hardis under the assumption of illegal business, now that's a rather baseless accusation that if not handled carefully, their business will get exposed, and not in a good way. Furthermore, his negotation skills were not enough to snake out of the merchant guild's suspicions of his grounds of business in trusting demons more than hyumans. Since that was Makoto's intent anyways, what they have going forward is much better than settling down in Rotsgard and continue their unfavorable business.

Onwards to finding Makoto's parents, that's the most important objective now.
Apr 15, 8:34 AM
Mar 2021
fuck zara

#deserves the 1 hater award
Apr 15, 8:45 AM
Nov 2017
I just want to see Makoto show everyone their place already! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Apr 15, 9:12 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to KANLen09
The Rotsgard Academy tournament arc has begun, and the infighting between Makoto's students from the Hopleys' dastardly plans will not prove easy.

With Daena winning over Yuno, Jin and Mithra's fight seems to be settled fast without scores. Abelia and Shifu gave it their all, only to edge it out for the latter on the mage category all the way through. Will Jin do the same for the swordmanship category against Ilumgand?

Even against real armour and a sword, Jin fights with all his might, which this is but only a fraction of his real power. But even then, Shifu completely dominated over Jin, and that's done for the individual category, with the team event the next day. Makoto's reputation is slowly growing, but him having to meet Rotsgard merchant guild's leader Zara Hardis under the assumption of illegal business, now that's a rather baseless accusation that if not handled carefully, their business will get exposed, and not in a good way. Furthermore, his negotation skills were not enough to snake out of the merchant guild's suspicions of his grounds of business in trusting demons more than hyumans. Since that was Makoto's intent anyways, what they have going forward is much better than settling down in Rotsgard and continue their unfavorable business.

Onwards to finding Makoto's parents, that's the most important objective now.
@KANLen09 It's not like his parents are missing but I get what you mean.
Apr 15, 9:39 AM
Oct 2020
pushover.... sigh
Apr 15, 10:08 AM

Nov 2014
Reply to Kraum
pushover.... sigh
@Kraum Yeah. There is no reason for him to reveal his secret to that merchant if he was going to leave this country anyway.
Apr 15, 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
First Half: Shifu is so EPIC this episode! lol

Last Half: Makoto's in trouble with the merchant guild. What tyranny!
I'd like to see them try... (But he spilled the teleportation ability already) lol

Sadist Shifu.
CrazyButNot4UApr 15, 2:43 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 15, 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
Makoto's student is way above the rest of those scrubs. I forgot what's up with that noble man donning full armour. They really should just deal with that doofus. I'm a bit disappointed that Makoto got intimated by that guy. He ought to learn more about how to deal with those kinds of people using words and not violence since he really would like to continue being merchant and help people. This episode is a bit underwhelming to me.
AhkrinApr 15, 11:21 AM

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 15, 11:23 AM

Jun 2008
Finally something is happening. The last 10 or so episodes were so slow.
Apr 15, 11:26 AM
Jul 2020
Oh hell yeah a great episode. Finnaly hyuamans will get some taste of their own medicine with Makoto Misumi becoming a demon's defender 😈.
Apr 15, 11:32 AM
Sep 2010
they should just wipe the merchants out, if you're the only one left then problem solved.
Apr 15, 11:53 AM

Dec 2013
That first duel of the magic users category was super funny, both facing each other and got a double hit at the same time, so cute. Shifu was great but it is a shame Yuno didn't get as far.
Apr 15, 12:05 PM
Dec 2023
Whys the mc such a pushover
Apr 15, 12:24 PM

Feb 2008
The merchant are so going to regret it his decision . He totally underestimate the mc .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 15, 12:28 PM

Jan 2008
Just goes to show that even the best equipment/weapons, it doesn't make you actually good at fighting if you don't have the experience to back it up.

Earth magic too OP.

I hope the team tournament is a little more exciting.

Makoto should do what Rembrant would do when conducting business with rivals... assassination. Should crush him sooner rather than later because he has shown he'll continue to be a hostile thorn in his side forever. That being said, what he said was correct, about Makoto's naivete, and cooperation with demons; even if it wasn't directly about his storefront business. Makoto was a fool to go into the meeting without setting the stage by doing prior prep like research of business rivals or going in alone without at least Tomoe, made a mistake by essentially offering a bribe, and when he was finally cornered, disclosed his half-true method of distribution. He failed on all fronts on the meeting, and paid for it. To top it all off, he also wasn't able to maintain his poker fake and wore his expressions on his sleeve.
Apr 15, 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
Tournament arc! Aaand its over. It was pretty stupid of them to pick a fight with Kuzunohas students.

Finally time for him to ally with demons! I was wondering when that would happen!

I really like the direction this is going in, there are still struggles ahead and not just lazy self insert wish fullfillment!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 15, 1:37 PM
Oct 2022
Lol. people who get gravely injured are going to regret not having Kuzunoha's shop around. And if he ups production, I feel his equipment alone could change the tide of any war. (And that's before considering his actual forces!) I don't know if that's an ally you want to turn away and even less an enemy you want to make.

After seeing how well trained the students are and learning about the quality of the goods, any smart person in royalty or mobility needs to either override the guild or find a way to make their own relationship with Kuzunoha. But, how many smart people have the right information? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Apr 15, 1:51 PM

Oct 2008
Reply to SpaceyX
@Kraum Yeah. There is no reason for him to reveal his secret to that merchant if he was going to leave this country anyway.
@SpaceyX He didn't reveal his secret, he just told the guild that he has a teleport caster. A pretty rational answer, it bought him enough time to prepare to move out of there.
Apr 15, 2:42 PM
Apr 2023
This season is just a huge disappointment
Apr 15, 2:53 PM

Mar 2020
Personally, I didn't quite understand who set fire to the altar, our favorite hero. The president manages the merchant guild, but what exactly is the role of the merchant guild in this story and in this world? Is it an organization that oversees various businesses in this world, particularly the merchant ones? But fundamentally, what do they do? How are they funded? Because we can't just say, 'Oh, there's an organization that's there,' they must be funded somehow. Do they have activities that allow them to stay afloat? And how is it that they are able to threaten a business to such an extent? We want to know what the transportation methods are for such an artifact from point A to point B, it's truly ridiculous.
Apr 15, 2:58 PM

Apr 2016
Kuzunoha's students are too educated, compared to the other students, that suffering from him finally paid off. The fight is somewhat unsatisfying, hopefully something happens.

Everything is going to change in the trading industry huh, I can't wait for the downfall of the hyumans.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Apr 15, 3:16 PM
Jan 2018
Makoto please just use violence!!
Apr 15, 3:24 PM

Feb 2019
Ok after the first half of the episode with that tournament arc.. Shifu might be best girl lol. She looked so bad ass and of course Makoto students came out on top. Challenging them was a fools’ errand.

But what goes up, must come down. That’s pretty much how I’d sum up the second half with Makoto being ultimately forced by the merchant guild into “disclosing” his transportation methods. Honestly, he should just take em all out and assert his dominance. But working with the demons is a good option too.
Marinate1016Apr 15, 3:56 PM
Apr 15, 4:18 PM

Feb 2019
they just completely alienated and lost the one person they all wanna keep as an ally. well, they will soon regret doing what they did all because of their greed and thirst for power. this power play sure backfired on them. sure kuzonaha's naive, but his hatred for hyumans and that goddess trumps everything so he is willing to do anything & everything just so she can stick it to that goddess lol
Apr 15, 4:44 PM

Nov 2019
Props to the MC for holding back his anger.
Apr 15, 5:06 PM

Oct 2017
I thought the extras tournament would be extremely boring, in the end, it was just boring, thus reaffirming Makoto's competence in another administrative area.

These demands from the merchant guild are completely abusive, which makes the conflict interesting that the greed of being able to profit more from Makoto's methods means that humanity loses a more powerful ally that it could have.
Apr 15, 5:36 PM
Apr 2023
Pretty frustrating episode. The way that the corrupt elite think that they can bring him to heel is disgusting.

At least his students got to show off how badass they are.
Apr 15, 6:06 PM

Sep 2016
He should've just told the guild guy to buzz off and disassociate from the merchant guild.

Good luck ostracizing him, he sells better stuff for cheaper, they will beg him to come back lol
bruh
Apr 15, 7:29 PM

Aug 2019
Finally the story started to get more interesting. At first, I just enjoyed their daily interactions, but now that they are forcing Kazuha to change main goal which is to be closer to humans. Can't wait to see the conflict that will happen to them.
Apr 15, 8:11 PM

Sep 2018
Man, that was pathetic to watch Kazuha get a scolding and extorted like that. Only thing it was missing was him bursting into tears lol, "b-but, he has to be careful", whatever man lol...
Apr 15, 8:12 PM

Jul 2022
This episode made me incredibly angry and sad because it showed all the human garbage. First, in the tournament, the organizers rigged things so that most of Makoto's students would eliminate each other. Then, in the final, while Makoto's student used a wooden sword and leather armor, his opponent was well armed and protected, and on top of that, the referee was completely biased. Fortunately, it didn't matter in the end, but I mean, how on earth does a match like that even take place? Who, whether it's the audience or the judges, can accept such an unfair handicap?

To top it off, at the merchant guild, Makoto, being an honest merchant, had the guild guy (and all the other merchants involved) tell him, 'Look kid, here you have to be dirty and join our ambitious and corrupt oligarchy, or we won't let you sell.' It's true that Makoto as a merchant is nobody, and Kuzunoha as a company hasn't generated a trustworthy reputation among the population. It was naive of him, although it seems unfair. At least he made the decision to go with the demons.
Apr 15, 9:53 PM

Sep 2018
I would be surprised if the mc did not just own up to befriending demons after this. Loved this episode!
Apr 15, 10:31 PM
Mar 2024
well yeah, so Makoto just got intimidated by the Merchant Guild, however thats because Makoto doent have enough skill in business and negotiation, that's why he lose to Zara, he might be powerful in combat, but that wont help on anything since what he want is not war but to set up his own business. If someone want to appear as real powerfull person, this person cant just have a combat power, but also charm, the power of talking, someone who have both can talk casually but the presence are intimidating, there is nothing more that give me a chill than someone who could make other fear them by just word and soft smile.
Apr 16, 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
Meh, the demiplane ranking was wayyy better than this. His students are the only saving grace of it all and they've been instructed not to be showoffs about it.

I guess that's the good ol' conservative guild/trade protectionism there, he was only doing his part (and he did it so well, I was eager to bash the screen I was watching this from!) but if he only knew what he was up against, heck probably that shitty goddess doesn't know too!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 16, 1:54 AM
Sep 2022
dude wearing full armor with real sword got owned by someone using a wooden sword is too much. Isn't hibiki have high expectations for this guy? I'd expect he can give a bit of a fight at least

The merchant guild head is painted as a villain but what he said isn't completely evil, that's how business world works in a sense. If someone come and able to sell high price item at 1/4 the price with dubious sources, regulator need to step in to ensure fair competition. He said it in demeaning way but the same message can be said in respectful way too.
Apr 16, 2:36 AM
Jun 2019
stupid merchants
Apr 16, 2:52 AM
Mar 2024
allrighttt reject hyumanity... back to demon.... maybe he can become demonlord like rimuru sama wwwwww
Apr 16, 3:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Welp looks like cat's outta the bag then with Makoto unable to convince those shithead merchant guild leader makes an easy look to his trading company. He can't be fooled. Whoever involved and told those man to investigate must be the same one from where Makoto receives a hard play at the academy time. Kinda sad to see Makoto fucked this up bad, especially he might be able to prevent some way. But perhaps its a good plot for the future reference. Yeah time to pack up to the demon land, shall we?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 16, 6:14 AM
Jul 2020
his mental age is really showing in this episode. well he's just an ordinary minor before coming to the isekai after all
Apr 16, 9:37 AM
Sep 2021
The tournament arc is currently going on, but things aren't going good for Makoto in his business work.
Apr 16, 12:18 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Arsteel16
dude wearing full armor with real sword got owned by someone using a wooden sword is too much. Isn't hibiki have high expectations for this guy? I'd expect he can give a bit of a fight at least

The merchant guild head is painted as a villain but what he said isn't completely evil, that's how business world works in a sense. If someone come and able to sell high price item at 1/4 the price with dubious sources, regulator need to step in to ensure fair competition. He said it in demeaning way but the same message can be said in respectful way too.
@Arsteel16 What are you on about? They have literally no doubts about his sources, since the whole thing was a farce in the first place. Add to that that he already told them how to make it. The latest pretense is trying to figure out his distribution.The real issue, and it's literally what he spelled out in his speech, is that Makoto didn't kiss enough ass to get their permission to run his own store.
Apr 16, 3:26 PM
Jan 2024
fuk humanity fuk merchants WE SIDING WITH THE DEMONS NOW 😎
Apr 16, 4:48 PM

Nov 2009
LOOOL @ the "mage category"...

Cause most of them cast the spell at same speed, so they hit each other at same time, LOOOL

The merchant is ruthless, but technically that merchant is doing "legit" business dealings that's been done in Real Life...

Especially since the actual "merchant dealings" is mostly done by the Demons and his servants back in the demiplane...

It's not that much of a surprise that Makoto doesn't have the full image of what to do as a Merchant.

What's Makoto going to do now? hmmm...

Is he going to start trading just with the Demons? or is he still trading with the Hyumans? hmm...

Since he said "ideally" meaning if the merchant situation gets too intense, he might actually stop trading with Hyumans.

With how Makoto is pretty much being blackmailed by the merchants...

Question now is...

How's he going to start trading with the Demons? and what will happen if the other 2 heroes found out? Will they start to attack each other? hmm...

Especially with Hibiki... as she's determined to side with the Hyumans and kill the Demons... but she's also on a good term with Makoto's servants...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 17, 5:15 AM
Jun 2007
Hmm as expected, Makoto's students perform superb during tournament.
Hits hard to be "honest" businessman when others envy your great achievement.
Apr 17, 5:16 AM
Jul 2019
Easily one of best isekai anime in a while.

Enjoying every episode, and love the characters :) Well, not including the asshole hyumuns who, let's face it, are pretty representative of a massive percentage of people in real life too.

Vicious, nasty, manipulative, thieves, crooks, cowards and scumbags.

Loving watching Makoto put them in their place :)
Apr 18, 12:51 AM

Feb 2018
Damn, that merchant boss guy went hard on our boi. Makoto seems to be cooking something interesting after that too lol.

I do agree that the tournament felt pretty lack luster, just in comparison with other tourney arcs we've seen from other anime.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 18, 10:21 AM

Feb 2012
Another solid week of Tsukimichi 4/5 for me. I was hoping Makota's students performance would produce more of a impactful reaction short of a few nobles bad mouthing them and a few sticking up for them.

Apr 18, 8:59 PM

Nov 2022
This episode just showed us the harsh and cruel reality of the business world.
The disgusting side of hyumans is finally showcased from the corruption of rigging the tournament to the Mechant's Guild altogether.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Tsukimichi Opening Overall?

Vlectrix - 7 hours ago

4 by ejleon »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - 9 hours ago

26 by Marinate1016 »»
33 minutes ago

» Is it just me , or is this season just really boring to watch ?

Shomix - May 14

26 by EvelinTz »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6

50 by Excelwing37 »»
Yesterday, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1

44 by cloudtheclow »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.