Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 12:48 AM

Jun 2015
It's a filler recap of the first time we met Rob Lucci.

They've decided to not count that recap episode as a regular episode and instead designated it as 1100.5, a Recap Special. The second Recap Special this season following episode 1092.5 Special.

The new 1101 will air on April 21st as "The Strongest Form of Humanity! The Seraphim's Powers!"

Wow that was the best paced One Piece episode I've seen in years! I was actually shocked when the episode ended, it didn't feel like 20 minutes had passed.

The fight between Luffy and Lucci was done beautifully. I have no complaints. 5/5
phantom346Apr 20, 8:17 PM
Read Toriko!
Apr 14, 1:27 AM

May 2021
Huh. The recap episodes are usually a separate entry rather than part of the main One Piece entry.

Edit: yeah we ended up confusing a separate episode that has it's own entry as 1101.

Discussion for the actual episode: Luffy pulled those goggles out of nowhere.
VendicatorApr 21, 1:01 PM
Echidna best waifu :D
Apr 20, 5:58 PM

Dec 2021
Another week another One Piece banger.

Imagine you're Lucci. You meet the guy who already beat your ass hard, and he's got a freaking God fruit awakened, plus future sight, Conqueror's Haki, black thunder Yonko-level Haki, and even when you do everything right, you can't even touch him while he almost makes you faint with a punch to the body. Hate to be the guy lols.

Shout out to Jinbe for not de-humanizing the Seraphim, calling the Snake Hancock and thanking her. I think that's gonna play a role in their defeat. The "good guys" will see them as people, the "bad guys" will see them as weapons. Anyways, HOLY FUCK THAT PARALLEL BETWEEN ENIES LOBBY AND NOW... RAHHH OMG I LOVE IT.

Sentomaru's really down for the count... leaving the Seraphim all in the control of CP0... The situation right now is all kinds of fucked

Apr 20, 5:59 PM

Sep 2015

Damn Sentomaru.... he really did fight off Lucci.

KILL HIM LUFFY DO IT. GOMU GOMU KONG WIPER! DAMN THAT MOVE IS SICK

Damnnnn tornado too

Seraphims look so OP

Oh that is just wrong... a kid Hancock seraphim can attract people....

Sentomaru's wound look more visible compared to the last episode where they
are just lines

Damn those goggles!! WOAH!!

Seraphim can even talk too.

Sentomaru even has a change of heart, what is up with that?

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 20, 6:00 PM

Nov 2016
I was looking forward to this moment

The perfect blend of goofy and badass. It's a lot easier to sell this than taking itself too seriously. Love this about One Piece in general.

Toei highlighted that Dawn Rocket was pretty much a callback to the Giant Pistol.

Sentomaru, the man Luffy couldn't do anything against two years ago became a Lucci victim. And Lucci himself gets toyed with by Luffy. Aside from his status, his prowess is eally putting into perspective what kind of big shot Luffy became. He's actually a monster

He just have to overcome the stamina issue of Gear 5th. Considering how much calories it must burn I can imagine that it will always be a limited form.

Props to Lucci for being up after taking one hell of a hit.

With their bodies, their Lineage Factors and Devil Fruits the Seraphim are indeed the strongest form of humanity. Can't imagine what they would be like grown up. They would still need Haki to become the most powerful.

Great episode again. As long as they nail the action I'm cool with some slower episodes inbetwee.

Robin makes the best faces this arc.

Another aspect aside from the awesome animation and everything aforementioned I adored about this episode is Franky's brotherhood with Pink. Although he probanly won't see his broswki again in the main story, Oda paid respect to their relationship

The fan who requested this is a hard boiled legend
FMmatronApr 21, 6:20 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 6:02 PM

Feb 2020
Oda is a true genius

JIKAI:
Apr 20, 6:34 PM

Jun 2022
i did not know this was a recap....

Apr 20, 6:37 PM

Apr 2022
absolute cinema two episodes in a row, one piece fans are so up. the goggles go hard afff and he materialized it from his hair. i'll say it again, toei KNOWS how to elevate gear 5 from the manga and no doubt it's the most majestic transformation of all time. you could notice that distinct artstyle change yet again and i'm here for it. they even let lucci land a hit, been doing him a lot of service this part 2 episodes. my guy luffy drilled into the floor lol and went giant again, absolutely broken. franky noticing that ability from senor pink is so goated. gangs together at the end and even though sentomaru survived, it's not looking good again. s-snake be cute there but hancock will always be clear.

ryzxgumApr 20, 6:53 PM
Apr 20, 6:58 PM
Dec 2022
Its finally here im crying

Sentomaru pain.

GOGGLES 😭😭

LUFFY GOING INSANE RAAAAAA

Such a good episode
Robert taking another L obv but
Sentomaru pain again.
wallus81Apr 20, 11:04 PM
Apr 20, 7:38 PM

Aug 2021
they continue to do luffy vs. lucci justice. they nailed giant luffy and the goggles panel
Apr 20, 7:40 PM

Apr 2016
So many great sequences, especially giant Luffy coming out of the ground (lol) and how they cut back and forth between the original fight between Luffy and Lucci
Two awesome episodes in a row, I don't mind them taking breaks with recap episodes if this is how they follow up with it
Apr 20, 8:08 PM

Jun 2014
Another amazing episode for the rest of the Luffy vs Lucci rematch. Finally got to see the goggles moment animated and loved the quick callback to their OG fight. Luffy coming out of the ground as a giant head bruh, Gear 5 is so unserious and I love it 😂

It was cool to see what the Seraphim are capable of, and damn Sentomaru is down.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 20, 8:17 PM

Jul 2022
Young Boa Hancock <3

I'm just cuious how the Navi got the 'previous warlorlds' there blood.
I don't think they would allowed it, if they knows they gonna make a clone from them.

The batte was epic.
I don't want to see Mugiwara crew fighting Clone Hancock...
Apr 20, 8:26 PM
Jan 2021
Well it seems that Sentomaru isn’t dead… yet. In the mean CP-0 have no authority over the Seraphim. The fight between Luffy and Lucci and still commencing and Luffy uses this new move called Gum Gum Dawn Whip. Bro it’s so amazing that I can’t put it into words. Luffy ends up spinning so much that he digs into the ground.

The Seraphim show off their abilities and Franky learns that S-Shark has Senor Pink’s Swim-Swim powers. Vegapunk briefly explains how he’s able to duplicate Devil Fruit powers (except for Logia since he deemed it impossible). He takes the users’ Bloodline Elements and then creates a special blood infusion and administers it to give someone that user’s powers. He created Green Blood.

Before Lucci can finish Sentomaru off, Luffy’s giant head pops out of the ground and the fighting continues. Luffy comes up with the 9,000 IQ plan of eating rocks and launching them out of his mouth like bullets. Luffy grabs a tube in the sky, makes it rubber, puts on some goggles and hits Lucci with Gum Gum Dawn Rocket. While this goes down, we see a flashback of how Luffy kicked his ass the first time. It was great to go down memory lane. S-Snake guides Jimbei’s group to the Vacuum Rocket and let Luffy know he only has one minute.

Luffy sees Sentomaru on the ground, but he decides to entrust Vegapunk’s care to, so Luffy prepares to launch and ensures him that they will get him off the island at any cost. Luffy gets into the rocket in the clutch, like LeBron in 2016, and he turns wrinkly as a result of using Fifth Gear. I’m shocked to see that again.

Sentomaru stands off Lucci one last time before collapsing. Now the Seraphim are in CP-0’s control (unless Vegapunk gets involved).

I’M SO HYPED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!
Apr 20, 8:57 PM

Jan 2016
They are going so hard in these fights, I kneel for the animators... These goofy Tom & Jerry like movements fits Luffy so well I love it!

After seeing Seraphim Jinbei with the Sui Sui no Mi, imagine how epic it would be if the real one also had it... But a Fishmen that can't swin in real water sounds awful

I'm so thankfull for the characters explanations in the after ending segments, I completely forgot about Señor Pink existence
Apr 20, 9:04 PM
Feb 2021
he created those goggles out of nowhere, he didn't have it with him .What?
Apr 20, 9:57 PM

Jan 2016
Love it, love it all

Apr 20, 10:20 PM

Jul 2008
Gear 5th fights are insane.

And Lucci must die already.
Apr 20, 10:42 PM

Jul 2013
We may have had a week's break, but it was more than worth it given yet another absolutely incredible episode.

I actually assumed that Lucci's attack took Sentomaru completely by surprise. In the end he was still unable to defend himself, but this undoubtedly shows that he has also gained significantly in strength since the last time we've met him.

It's often hard to put into words how much I love Luffy in Gear 5. I'm not referring purely to fighting, but generally to how he acts in this form. This truly represents the purest form of his character.

Since the first fight with S-Shark, I immediately had questions about the Seraphim, which were finally answered in this episode. It's astonishing and interesting that Vegapunkt didn't have any major problems artificially recreating Zoan-type devil fruits, whereas he hadn't been able to do this at all with Logias and with Paramythia he had to resort to a much more complex process in the form of the green blood. If you consider which characteristics/abilities are combined in the bodies of the Seraphim, the strongest form of humanity in the history of the world should be a more than appropriate description and the dissolution of the 7 warlords makes even more sense now. However, one question remains. What's with the star-shaped eyes? Is it just a preference on the part of Vegapunk or is there perhaps more to it?

Anyway, the second half of this episode reaffirmed what ridiculous regions Gear 5 can reach, as the only limit seems to be Luffy's imagination. I remember seeing a picture of him with goggles before. Now I finally know where this comes from. Using the transport tube like a wrestling rope, followed by Luffy's "Dawn Rocket" attack while alternating the transitions from present to the past, which was an homage to the scene from the first fight, and combined with the OST playing in the background, simply made this scene "perfect".

This once again confirmed the incomparable strength that Luffy has now achieved. As he laughs and celebrates himself, Lucci takes off into the next building and almost passes out. There’s probably no need to say more lol.

It was really cute to see how much S-Snake resembles the actual Hancock in her behavior. Now I really want to witness the mini versions of the other warlords. I am convinced that mini Crocodile or Doflamingo would provide enormous entertainment.

We got a great scene between Luffy and Sentomaru. It doesn't take a genius to understand that Sentomaru cares a lot about Vegapunk, and we also know how Luffy feels about a promise. Therefore, saving Vegapunk has become even more important for him. I hope that Sentomaru is well and that we hopefully get to see him again in the future.

The rocket launch itself and the associated reactions/facial expressions from Jimbei and Chopper were priceless enough, but this in combination with Luffy's "old man appearance" totally cracked me up.

However, it made clear that Gear 5 requires enormous physical resources from Luffy and should be used carefully. Especially in future fights, Luffy will hardly have the time to recover for a second round.

I'm curious to see what CP-0 plans to do now, since reaching the Labophase or the Frontier Dome should actually be impossible with the fortification.

Overall, another insane episode with animation that is often hard to fathom. I'm really excited for what secrets will unfold next and what direction this arc will take.

Looking forward to next week.
Natsu88Apr 20, 10:46 PM

Apr 20, 11:14 PM

Oct 2009
Luffy really is a god rn.
Apr 21, 12:29 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to petroghost
he created those goggles out of nowhere, he didn't have it with him .What?
@petroghost

Cartoon luffy is best Luffy.
Apr 21, 12:31 AM

Aug 2019
The seraphim shows that Boa would look better tanned

Apr 21, 2:11 AM

Sep 2017
I'm glad we have been blessed with such amazing animations , can't wait for future episodes.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Apr 21, 3:15 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This episode is really great! Wacky and hilarious! Fantastic animation of the looney (Luny!) antics of Gear 5 with fantastic camera dynamics. I also love how the camera followed along awakened Rob Lucci's movements. It's like the viewer is riding on Lucci's back. xD

Franky remembered his brother-in-arms Señor Pink when he witnessed how S-Shark can swim on ground. I will never forget the hard-boiled Señor's tragic backstory...

S-Snake Boa was super adorable when she was being praised for being helpful. Ahahaha, how cute when she blushed! Acting like a cute tsundere, eh Sweetie? xD

Gear 5 Luffy equips his goggles on and blasts off to knock away Lucci into oblivion. It's so cool that there were some short flashbacks of their battle in Enies Lobby a long, looonng time ago. Lucci's life just flashed before his eyes........although Lucci returns standing again like nothing happened after Sentomaru falls down. 😅 Poor Sentomaru, heavily injured and drops down again to the ground.

I'm really amazed with this episode's animation. I'm so glad that Toei cooked again! Nom nom!
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
Feb 2024
wowoowwoowowowowowowowowowowowowowoowowowowow
One Piece
Apr 21, 3:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh man, Luffy materializing the glasses is never not mindblowing.
Apr 21, 3:55 AM

Feb 2008
What a banger of an episode! Huge kudos to all the animators involved!
Apr 21, 3:59 AM
Jan 2020
Luffy's Gum Gum Dawn Rocket one-shotted Lucci! Lucci didn't seem to stay unconscious for long now they have command of the Seraphims since Sentomaru is down.. Amazing fights and animation once again! Old man Luffy's form is hilarious lol. I love how Luffy used Dawn Whip and he lost control drilling himself into he floor then came back eating the flow and spitting debris back at Luffy, Gear 5 is just so creative. Luffy somehow turned his hair into glasses and fired his rocket punch deafing Lucci without using Conqueror's haki.
LuffyHammock94Apr 21, 6:46 AM
Apr 21, 4:11 AM

Jan 2021
Luffy was so sick lucci definitely felt that last punch luffy really is on a whole different level…
Apr 21, 4:14 AM
May 2021
Gear 5 is a fun power up why liee
Apr 21, 4:15 AM

Nov 2023
Recap episode.

I'm finally made a debut in one piece episode discussion. ^_^
I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time
Apr 21, 4:26 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
good ep! some moments looked sick

still think they overdo it with the goofy sound effects but oh well
Apr 21, 5:24 AM
Oct 2020
lucci getting clapped is hilalrious.
Apr 21, 5:26 AM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode

i really love the vibe, it feels different from the manga but in a good way...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 21, 8:47 AM
Jul 2013
My fucking captain, Monkey D. Luffy did it again. 👊🏼

▫What a beating they gave you, Lucci. 🤡
Apr 21, 8:52 AM
Sep 2019
luffy la maldita cabra god
Apr 21, 8:59 AM
Dec 2022
nice animeeeeeeeeee
Apr 21, 12:51 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Seraphins are strongers and have amazing powers too!!!
cool!
kekeke
Apr 21, 1:20 PM

Nov 2017
It's always a pleasure to see Luffy recast as Rob Lucci again, especially when the old scene and the current one intertwine!
Apr 21, 2:31 PM

Sep 2018
I wasn't expecting these seraphims to have such personalities, Boa Serephim kinda caught me off guard lol
Apr 21, 5:46 PM

Nov 2012
Kaku is rude af. He didn't have to land on Sentomaru like that. There's such a thing as respect for one's enemy. Then again he is a dog of a Navy.
Apr 21, 10:19 PM
Oct 2021
damn I waited from last week why even just one episode lol
Apr 22, 12:14 AM
Oct 2021
Another amazing episode for the rest of the Luffy vs Lucci rematch. Finally got to see the goggles moment animated and loved the quick callback to their OG fight. Luffy coming out of the ground as a giant head bruh, Gear 5 is so unserious and I love it 😂

It was cool to see what the Seraphim are capable of, and damn Sentomaru is down.(2)
RidzaxsterApr 22, 1:21 AM
Apr 22, 9:34 AM
Apr 2024
Greatest anime and manga ever
Apr 24, 1:20 PM
Jul 2023
Animation was magnificent
Apr 26, 12:29 PM

May 2017
Tsundere hancock is my new favorite one piece girl !

Also great luffy fight , since the start of this arc i always feel like they are going to put some fillers and low cost episodes cause i feel like they spend everything on last one , yet they keep making me wrong giving me an other great episode ! When i've see that recap last week , i was definitly expecting a filler spam

the previous arc got me to lower one peice score from 6 to 5 , and now it's a 7 and i want to give it a 8

btw the story that move a lot , the fights that got realy good , this animation that is strange but realy soft and this cute hancock...if this keep up , it's a 9/10 !
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Apr 28, 1:15 AM

Feb 2021
Luffy still can't stand against transportation XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 29, 9:00 PM

Aug 2019
There was no need to step on Sentomaru like that.

The goggles scene was majestic tho as always the animators are outdoing themselves
May 1, 8:27 PM

Dec 2013
Luffy really put Lucci in his place in this episode.

I love how Franky refers to Semor Pink as his sworn brother.
May 5, 9:55 AM

Mar 2020
The animation was stunning once again, didn't expect it consecutively.
The whacky antics of Gear 5 are always fun to watch.
And the Seraphims are actually kinda terrifying.
Love those moments with Straw Hats in the Lab, and those devil fruit lore reveals too!
And we finally get to see the glasses Gear 5 Luffy animated too!!!!

Rip Sentomaru (i guess)
And seems like the Seraphim do inherit characteristics from their base models (wow)
Overall, a pretty great episode once again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 527 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ElectricSlime - Dec 10, 2011

88 by kejora »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 93 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

49 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1098 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 23

43 by Gator »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1097 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 16

44 by Gator »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 404 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SlaughterChichi - Jun 7, 2009

128 by bakakisima »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.