Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 12 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
So Red gets one more chance to demonstrate his skills even in the season finale. Van is also a worthy fighter and definitely no pushover. Still, kinda wish I was invested into his character more.

Can't forget about Ruti either as she was in no mood for fun and games. Either way, it was an able to settle and score and wrap up this arc/story. Enjoyable season overall imo although I did enjoy the first season slightly more.

Jul 2017
The final confrontation of Red vs. Van, Rit and the rest against Lavender, it's one more pivotal fight for the very last battle. And though it seems that Van has pushed himself to the limit by winning against Red, he was waiting for the moment with Ruti's ornament to cut off his source, which was the ring pendant. Without that, he is finally humbled by Red to learn and experience emotions for the first time. Also, Albert and Cardinal Ljubo are fine, though the latter needs more time for recovery, which goes to show the same for Van himself, learning what it means to be a Hero, not through the Blessings, but through the emotions that drives the action. Take Esta, who doesn't have any Blessing, but decides to follow Van anyways. From a Cardinal Blessing, only to have it changed to the Hero at its one pivotal point, Van has truly not experienced the world at large.

For Van's own party, going around to apologize is not like him, which this change of heart is best experienced by the children of Zoltan. With Lavender not in the know, she pouts for a moment, and confronts Red while giving him the blue sapphire as thanks for taking care of him, the jewel he's been looking for the longest that's needed for the Rit's engagement ring. All that's left to do, is to hold a candlelight dinner and with the ring box in his hands, propose to her, something which he wanted to do since the first day she caught his attention.

With congratulations all around, it's for sure: a Beautful Day (with Yui Nishio's Season 1 OP as the perfect ending song) to celebrate the union of Red and Rit, as well as Van's new adventure as a Hero and properly guiding him along.

Sadly, Season 2 is kind of a mixed bag, a chore to sit through than Season 1, which I loved a lot.
KANLen09Mar 24, 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
The big fight: Red versus Van.

In an intense clash of skills, the formidable Red faces off against the resilient Van, who grips onto determination with unwavering tenacity, igniting a fierce back-and-forth battle. Meanwhile, as Lavender observes Van's struggle, her fury builds to a boiling point. From her being emerges a colossal shadow that strikes at the group under Rit's command, yet fortunately, Ruti intervenes to aid them. Despite their efforts, the pressure becomes overwhelming, and the protective barrier shatters, seemingly spelling defeat for Red, at least in Van's eyes. However, ultimately, Red prevails, emerging victorious in the battle.

Wow, I didn't expect Red to go all out on Van, but good riddance because that guy deserves it. I mean, I would've preferred to see him gone for good, but it's Red we're talking about, so of course he wouldn't go that far. He's more of a hero than Van, and even more so than Ruti herself. Ending this commotion with a childish resolution seems justified since Van is also a victim of this whole "hero thing." And hey, at least Cardinal Ljubo survived. Lavender giving Red the gem for Rit's ring doesn't make up for all the annoying stuff she did this season, but it's a start, I guess. Red's proposal was definitely the highlight of the season.

Bringing back Yui Nishio's OP from last season and once again saving another hero, Red can return to living a quiet life in the countryside.

Meh, all I wanted from this season was more Red and Rit moments, but seeing more of Ruti made up for it somewhat.

Mar 24, 7:57 AM

Feb 2021
So season 2 comes to end...

I remember that seasosn 1 was pure vibes, but maybe that's because Fall 2021 was such a special season.

I think they are about the same in terms of quality, but I do think season 1 was a little better.
Mar 24, 8:30 AM
May 2017
Very good ending episode of a good series! Not expecting a third season but... who knows? This happened! Both welcome, anyway.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 24, 8:33 AM
Mar 2024
it was amazing anime though some parts of van were annoying i still enjoyed most of it
overall a very wholesome anime u can watch it
Mar 24, 8:57 AM

Jan 2012
And so Red and company successfully stop Van's rampage and try their best to set him on a brighter path. Then we end with the long awaited proposal between Red and Rit...the lucky bastard.

Another pretty solid season of this series which ended up answering my biggest question at the end of the first. Which was simply what would happen to the world without a hero? I guess it makes sense another would come. It was an unexpected treat getting a second season of this, to meet up with all these familiar faces again, and I enjoyed the central conflict with the new characters from Van's group. Solid 7/10, I hope we get more, assuming there's more to tell. Oh, and long live Uge-Uge-san!
Mar 24, 9:00 AM

Aug 2017
Given the nature of this show, you kinda expected the last episode would go this way with them trying to redeem Van instead of killing him, which they have done a good job imo, he's still far from someone I like as a character, but you saw how a blessing could mess up a person and he was a misguided kid after all, he at least seems to have learned his lesson.

While I liked the first season better this still was a good season and we got Red and Rit engaged to top it off as a beautiful conclusion to the season. I'm gonna miss Tisse inner monologues.
Mar 24, 9:07 AM

Apr 2022
2 anime engagements in one day, and just minutes apart, that's craaazy
Mar 24, 9:28 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lavender's true form sure was scarily powerful. In the end Red sure managed a lucky win by using Ruti's power. It was nice seeing Red give Van some much needed life advice. The church though really gives heros to much leeway. Still Van being the one to make amends to those he wronged was a good enough development for him given how much he hurt them. Lavender being the one that provided Red's last missing ingredient though was funny. After so long about time Red pop the question. That and the meal was a great way to end the season with.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 9:28 AM
Feb 2022
Solid ending to sorta redeem what was a somewhat dull season for me. But what was up with that final exchange between Red and Van? Does this mean more Van in a third season arc? Please no! Just let him and Lavender ride off in the the sunset of legend never to bother our slow life heroes agian. 😆
Mar 24, 9:40 AM

Jan 2018
New illustration to commemorate the final episode.

Mar 24, 10:06 AM
Sep 2015
This season is even better than the first season. The first season is not exactly the kind of "slow life" I was looking for since there are too many life-threatening fights, but by shifting the focus to Ruti and Tisse and a new kind of threat from the upcoming hero allows this season to bring something new but also at the same time maintain its "slow life" signature. Plus, the coming-of-age aspect from Van is another highlight.
Mar 24, 10:10 AM

Oct 2017
Red beat Van and Van became a good guy, very nice whatever. Happy for Red and Rit, they are finally engaged, congratz guys. Next is my girl Ruti's turn, yeah.

I really enjoyed more Ruti and Tisse this season, love em, specially Ruti. The stuff with Van was pretty annoying but ultimately didn't hinder my enjoyment too much and I want more Ruti so s3 when?
Mar 24, 11:30 AM
Feb 2022
Damnit I'm annoyed. They should have killed off or at least severly maimed that little shithead van. A cunt like him do not deserve any redemption after what he has done. The damned coward hid behind his blessing the whole damn time without any consequences whatsoever to himself. The whole van thing nocked off two points on my score. Just a bad decision to put so much of him in the story.
Mar 24, 11:40 AM
Feb 2015
yeh ofc they weren't gonna kill off Van and Lavender, mid 🥱
Van got humbled tho and actually changed so at least that's something
but at least it got resolved and there was a change, tho a shame Lavendar is still as bratty as ever like are there people that even like Lavendar???????????

and hey at least Red and Rit got their deserved s*x too after marrying 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

I wouldn't mind a Season 3, if it was entirely slice of life and not much plot with insufferable characters causing scenes I'm all for it 😂
Mar 24, 11:46 AM

Feb 2019
Great finale, arguably the best episode of both seasons. Still disappointed we didn’t get a Rutti and Van fight, but it is what it is. Seeing Red literally beat some sense into Van was awesome. Under all that powerful hero façade, Van was just a scared little boy.

It does seem a bit quick for Van’s personality to do a total 180 like that and him to go apologising to everyone, but you know I’ll take it. Makes for a more satisfying finale. I’m surprised the cardinal survived that attack though, that seemed fatal. They basically gave everyone a happy ending lol

Lavender went from being the most annoying character to one of the best in an instant. That’s crazy that she of all people would be the one to find that blue sapphire so Red could make Ritt’s engagement ring. “I’ll allow you to worship at my altar” she’s such a tsundere lmao.

The ring came out beautiful and Red’s proposal to Ritt was perfect. Couldn’t help but get a little teary eyed during the last few minutes with the engagement party. While one journey comes to an end, a new one is starting for both Van’s party and Red/Ritt. Now we just need Ruti to find happiness!

I enjoyed this season a lot more than the first. The stuff with Van spiced it up and it feels like Red and Ritt’s relationship took another step forward as well. Now they’re spiritually and legally one which I think is a beautiful end to the anime. I think the LN actually goes beyond this so I might check it out. I have the first volume already.
Marinate1016Mar 24, 12:14 PM
Mar 24, 11:53 AM

Oct 2019
Weaker feel compared to the 1st season.

Surprisingly they didn't add onsen scene for this final episode remembering how they try to insert it everytime.
Mar 24, 12:47 PM

Jan 2015
Nice to see red nanohizing Van (beating the shit out of someone to make him your friend in the end) lol
Mar 24, 2:19 PM
Feb 2024
Does anyone know how much source material have been used and how much is left? Just wondering if there might be a season 3.
Mar 24, 2:50 PM

Jun 2016
I liked this second season more than the first, it was more centered on Ruti, I adore her, it had more funny moments and good plot. In the end I liked also Lavender, that tsundere fairy, in this last episode she was adorable, and had her funny moments even before.

Don't know if this series will ever have a 3rd season but I would watch it.
Mar 24, 4:15 PM
Jan 2009
Why is Red surprised by "a blue sapphire?" That's the normal color. Did that translate poorly?

Also, we don't know what Red said at the end, but the episode is "the start of a new journey" and Red does say he's going to be part of Van's story. Maybe he accompanies Van with Ritt for a while?
amf85Mar 24, 4:24 PM
Mar 24, 4:46 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That was quite the exciting fight to start the final episode with, I can see they saved some budget for it because it looked very nice, I also loved seeing Red open a can of whoop-ass on Van for the most part, I just wish it could have went on for a little bit longer lol. And Lavender revealed her true form which is pretty much evil looking space magic but she was thankfully unable to intervene thanks to the help of Ruti and Danan, only Danan got some electroshock therapy in the process lol. And afterward we got a redemption for Van, and at first I wasn’t very happy with this but then I thought about it some more and it grew on me, lad got his ass beat once and it fucked him up, gets his ass beat a second time and he’s fixed now lol, I like that. Lavender tho I’ll say is a bit less innocent but her interactions with Rit are fun so I’ll let it slide lol. Also the cardinal survived which surprised me, it’s good he did too otherwise Van would be a lot harder to redeem.

And I’m happy that they gave us one last great Red and Rit scene as Red gave Rit an engagement ring thanks to the help of Lavender, very cute scene, everyone is getting rings this Sunday I guess for those who know lol. And we ended on a celebration party for Red and Rit and they even invited Van and Lavender who were enemies this very episode, but it seems they’ve both come around for good so it’s understandable, it made for a great final scene too that features most of the characters we know and love (most of them lol), a good spot to end on, loved the use of the first season’s OP here as well, took me right back to Fall 2021.

Man, there goes Season 2 already, just like the first season it’s gone just like that, it was another fun watch. I was a fan of the Van plot myself, it kept me interested the whole time and touched on the blessing aspect of this series quite heavily which I always found intriguing, and yeah you could argue Van got off easy but as I said before, it grew on me lol. And it is also a bit of a shame Red and Rit took a bit of a back seat this season for Ruti and Tisse but this change also grew on me over time, we had plenty of Red and Rit in the first season so I’m not against other characters being in the spotlight, Ruti and Tisse made for some great bits after all. And of course I would have liked for this season to feature more actual slow life stuff as I’m pretty sure I also mentioned in my final post for the first season, but as I also mentioned there I do like what we have here, the plot and slice of life combo is good. And lastly I do really like the OP and ED for this season both by the same artists as the first season, they did a great job once again, I also really liked those Fall themed visuals although this season missed Fall by 3 months lol. I’d like a 3rd season of this, I don’t know where things will go from here but I’m down for more good times with this cast!
TheColonel76Mar 24, 4:49 PM
Mar 24, 5:00 PM
Oct 2022
ARK-13 said:
New illustration to commemorate the final episode.

Less gooooo , is there any chance of this recieving another season? I watched the 1st season while it was airing and felt like the sequel came early 💀
Mar 24, 6:05 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to amf85
Why is Red surprised by "a blue sapphire?" That's the normal color. Did that translate poorly?

Also, we don't know what Red said at the end, but the episode is "the start of a new journey" and Red does say he's going to be part of Van's story. Maybe he accompanies Van with Ritt for a while?
@amf85
Did you forgot why they went on a journey at the start of this season?
Red wanted to make an engagement ring and needed a Blue Sapphire gemstone to match the color of Rit's eyes.

Mar 24, 6:06 PM

Dec 2018
That was a cute ending. I guess Van got a redemption arc, though it kind of felt rushed considering all the shit he's done. Idk about that fairy (demon) though, she should be locked in a shoebox somewhere.
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Feb 2016
Maybe we all hate (or hated) Van, but thanks to him we got an overall really good 2nd season.

BUT I NEED MORE TISSE THO, I WILL (AGAIN) MISS HER SO FKNG MUCH.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 24, 11:36 PM
Jun 2016
S2 is okay.
The quality of the anime is the same but i slightly prefer season 1.
Maybe we see a OVA or something else in the future but i don't have high hopes for it.
Mar 25, 2:56 AM

Mar 2022
Good End to the season, wish some of the characters had been a bit more explained, kind of think this season was slightly weaker than the first but was enjoyable all the same.

I feel Lavender's character could have had a bit more depth, the reveal of her as a calamity was interesting, but other than a tantrum little of it was explained. Especially as van was ready to go murder the Arch fey of Water, but was fine with Lavender

Despite hating Van and Lavender I felt having Van learn what a hero is was a good ending. I assume his change in blessing was caused by Ruti changing and after what Red says being forced to change you entire outlook on life in a blink of an eye would really cause some serious psychological problems, another example of why the god of this setting is a total Dick.

The marriage proposal was a welcome way to end the season, wish we could of seen the marriage though!
Mar 25, 4:49 AM

Jun 2016
It's a good sequel to the first season. Even though Van was annoying all season, he's basically a victim who was forcibly changed class and brainwashed. I'm glad that everything ended with Rit and Red getting married, Esta also got on the romantic path and I hope Ruti trades her brother for the cute Tisse.
Mar 25, 8:16 AM
Apr 2023
That was quite a nice end for this 2nd season and with them using the theme from season 1 to close things off, it was really a nice touch.
At least Van can now be more free playing his role as the Hero now that he will be able to sort out his emotions in the outside world.
And that proposal event, it was simple but satisfying - though Ruti is still sus with her extreme brocon in the shadows - Tisse might have to keep herself on-guard to prevent some things from happening with Ruti.
Anyway, this is really still a hidden gem from those who want some real 'slow-life' style of story.
Mar 25, 7:50 PM
Dec 2021
Great anime, Hope for season 3.
Mar 26, 2:39 AM

Feb 2018
That was a pretty nice end to the season if I do say so myself lol. Wonder if we'll get another season randomly.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Mar 27, 3:55 AM

Mar 2011
As expected, lazy forced redemption for a terribly written character that added nothing to the story.

At least the ending was nice, should have just added the 5 minutes of them getting married onto last season instead though...
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 28, 3:12 AM
Sep 2021
A really good ending for the season, sad that we didn't get more of the fight itself. But I am really happy & satisfied with the season finale & the whole season throughout its run.
Mar 30, 2:26 AM

Feb 2012
Yey for good ending.. feel rushed. And Lavender need some more beating.
But ill just focus on the good side. Van humble down and apologize, hes on the road to be a better hero. Lets hope Lavender stop being a bad influence on him. Thc for the saphire tho.
Red finally got his ring and Propose, HURAY.

About the God Blessing. I have my suspicios. But it is possible "Hero" blessing is not something youre born with but something you inherit. And when you get it then your born blessing got suppressed/replaced.
That mean Ruti got her blessing replaced as a child and her new blessing right now is her original blessing.
While Van original blessing "Cardinal" got replaced after "Hero" blessing left Ruti and move to Van.
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 2, 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
man this sucked ass!
this was all over the place, the blessing made no sense, it was so fucking dumb how can would do something horrible, they'd stop him, walk away and then he's do something even more shit, they'd stop him, walk away and then he'd go even more bad.

they didn't explain weird random things like that whisper at the end telling him to kill and for all the I need to kill ruti talk he then goes into big battle mode with Gideon.........just sooooo fucking dumb and worse than that it was boring!

major downgrade after a ok S1. also I'm a manga reader and this makes me wanna drop that if the manga gets this shit!
Collins89Apr 2, 5:49 PM
Apr 10, 3:22 AM
Aug 2023
Everything other than Van's survival and redemption was good, Van's survival and redemption was bad. Van was so far gone that it's totally unrealistic he could be redeemed convincingly, and it showed. I get why the show did it, to have the happy ending where everything works out for the engagement, but don't think that the show couldn't have been brave and killed Van off. Don't forget that in S1 Red killed Ares at the end, and Van was much much worse and dangerous than Ares ever was. I wish they gave Red more of a reason why he didn't kill Van, like maybe he regretted killing Ares. Feeling sorry for Van just didn't really seem to cut it, Van was a monster unlike Ruti. Remember what Van said to the Cardinal before he stabbed him, he said he was going to kill all the fae, the townspeople, Gideon, Theodora, and the rest, so that he could kill Ruti...and he absolutely meant it.

All in all, I thought S2 was pretty good, aside from Van's survival and redemption. After rewatching S1 I was coming into S2 pretty negative towards the series because the serious stuff at the end of S1 was done rather poorly, while the slice of life stuff was done pretty well. In S2 I found they had a good blend of slice of life, and the serious stuff. It was really good to see the focus shift towards Ruti and Tisse since they weren't covered as much in S1 as the others. Even the character development of Albert and Therodora was excellent. I wouldn't mind a S3, which says how good I thought S2 was, as at the end of S1 I kind of didn't want to watch S2.

Also I have to stress, Ruti punching Van nearly the death was so very satisfying.
Apr 16, 5:26 PM

Apr 2013
The feels in that final episode.
Apr 21, 9:42 PM

Dec 2020
S1 was a 6.5 I rounded to a generous 7. S2 was better overall except the conclusion. Redemption in half a ep? Like c'mon the hero, Ares 2.0, was worst and his turn around was so easy. Same rating of a 6.5
May 2, 10:15 PM
Mar 2016
I just finished all season 2 episodes but somewhat I don't think I enjoyed it like the way I did when watching season 1. I can say it's watchable but not as big excitement as season 1.
Less scene of romance and bed scene.
May 20, 1:25 PM

Jan 2008
It's too bad. I liked the anime art style change (and how buff Red was) more than the rounded manga designs (which I subsequently ended up dropping). It's unfortunate that the anime turned into trash as well.

They sure did a good job of making a character more insufferable than Ares from Season One by making the new Hero kid an absolute dumbass, with the fairy, Lavender as close 2nd behind the Hero in being a squashable bug. And it only gets worse with every appearance. It's like handing a spoiled toddler a hand grenade, who coincidentally has the same IQ level as the Hero kid. I absolutely loathe series like this, because it fucking works on me...where the whole purpose of a character is to be an asshole to rile up the audience (or readers) into hating them. There's no substance behind antagonists like this beyond the surface-level traits. Once that veneer is removed, there is nothing worth liking, no personality, no nothing.

The only way I can even stomach watching this season was fast-forwarding 2x speed, eventually at 4x speed. The only enjoyable parts of it are the fanservice, and the part where he gets his ass handed to him by having a few teeth get knocked out by Ruti. In fact, I replayed that scene multiple times, because what he got wasn't nearly enough.

Just like how homicidal/genocidal the Hero kid is, I too wished for his death, and be be revived, only to be killed again, and again, and again...seeing him die merely once wouldn't be able to satisfy me. And because nothing happened to him, all his past transgressions were forgiven; like letting a convicted killer with a prior rapsheet out the same day instead of locking them up for life; I now hate this series infinitely more. Unlike the first season with Ares' death, there's no payoff here...
- They never explained ancient elven ruins giving monsters blessings...
- They pissed away all the slow-life aspects for most of the series only to give us this mediocre trash Hero arc.
- Never resolved the whole overarching demon lord subjugation plot to the point that I don't remember if there still was even one at all anymore.
- Worst of all, they didn't kill Van, even after all the countless murders and attempted murders/genocides he's done...at least Ares was more likable in that aspect with his death.

I rate this show 10/10 dumpster fires filled to the brim with whale feces, because I can't rate it a 0/10 on MAL. I'm glad it's over and never have to watch it again.
May 21, 7:39 AM

May 2018
I like it, seeing Van having a change of heart was something else.

Congrats to both Red and Rit.

May 21, 10:19 PM

Feb 2014
I really did enjoy 1st season as an overall (specially the romance which was surprsingly very good), but this season was unfortunately not enjoyable and most of what made the season 1 enjoyable for me is all gone in this season.
The only scenes I truly enjoyed were Ruti´s scenes and THAT punche was one of the most satisfying I have ever seen.

It also felt like most of the episodes were fillers (and dragging out the new hero arc throughout the anime) and just a few were enjoyable to a considerable amount.
I think they had too less to show in this season but way too many episodes to spend - which was more or less the opposite situation of season 1 xD

The "new hero" matter was the main driving force of this season, but unfortunately it ended up being very annoying.

Finally, in this last episode, after some chessy moments between him and Red, the "new hero" is now all good and after a few apologizes he´s drinking with all the others, lol GG

5/10
May 22, 3:30 AM
Dec 2022
The finale. Everyone seems happy. Red and Rit finally get married.

More topics from this board

» This is not the best anime, but

mufarari - Jun 7

7 by netobiker »»
Jun 7, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 17

31 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 22, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 10

27 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 22, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 3

24 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 22, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 25

53 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 22, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.