Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 9:47 AM

Oct 2018
We will meet again, see you later <3
Mar 22, 9:49 AM
May 2021
It is my sincere hope that with the success of Frieren studios sit up and take notice that we want is quality, not quantity.
Mar 22, 9:51 AM
Oct 2019
Might be better than one piece
Mar 22, 9:54 AM
Aug 2022
SEASON 2 WHEN!!!?
Mar 22, 9:55 AM
Apr 2021
This series is a lightning in a bottle. from beginning to end, its exceeded my expectations. its adaptation is just immaculate especially when you start comparing it to the source material.

The music was spot-on, the scenes were handled nicely and voice acting were pretty good. hell, even the dubbed version, its actually pretty good as well.

i know frieren might never have another season (cause this is madhouse we're talking about. its rare thing) but ig let's take it in a perspective of HIMmel. let's just savor the moment we actually had a great anime adaptation crafted by very talented directors, music composer, va's and artists. sure Frieren will be eventually forgotten and eventually there will be an anime that will exceed frieren however i'm sure for some people, they will remember this adaptation to be one of the greatest in the recent memories.

Mar 22, 9:56 AM
Apr 2018
What an incredible end to an incredible show.
Mar 22, 9:58 AM
May 2019
I will miss this show :(
Absolutely 10/10.
Mar 22, 9:59 AM

Oct 2018
"Tearful goodbyes aren't our style."

Then why am I crying?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 22, 10:00 AM
May 2020
Sayonara Frieren, thankyou for 6 months journey 🥲🫶🏼
Mar 2023
Guys! We have to admit that Frieren is a masterpiece. Unfortunately, everything that has a beginning has an end.
Mar 2023
Guys! We have to admit that Frieren is a masterpiece. Unfortunately, everything that has a beginning has an end.
Mar 22, 10:01 AM
Mar 2023
Mar 22, 10:03 AM

Jun 2020
Just like Frieren said to Himmel that he always keeps his farewells short, I also think this anime doesn't give anything much for this last episode. Yet, it still feels so heartwarming and somehow I'm not worried if I will find this kind of feelings in the future anymore.

What a wonderful journey from the very start. They outdid everything, and got what they deserved. I'm truly thankful for this anime's existence. I hope everyone who participated in this anime production have a very well sleep tonight and got the temperature of their pillows just like they wanted it to be.
Mar 22, 10:04 AM
Jan 2020
End of an amazing anime, now we can only hope that we get the same staff and care for season 2. My journey with Frieren will continue with the manga!
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

Nov 2019
this would be a 10/10 without the garbage childish SoL

Stark and Sein are boring, Fern needs to grow tf up

7/10
Mar 22, 10:09 AM

Sep 2023
There aren't many things I consider to be perfect in the world, and that includes anime. Frieren, however, is an exception. I found these 28 episodes to be perfect. I loved every second of the journey, and I can't wait for it to continue. Madhouse really outdid themselves. Absolute masterpiece.
Mar 22, 10:09 AM
May 2021
Amazing anime 10/10 too peak 🔥🔥🔥 time to read the manga!
Mar 22, 10:10 AM

Apr 2022
Easily the best anime I've ever watched, hopefully not the best anime I ever [i]will/i] watch
Mar 22, 10:11 AM

Nov 2013
Absolutely amazing journey! Enjoyed every single episode.
Serie's reaction hearing Fern's reward request, lol.
Mar 22, 10:13 AM

Jun 2019
The end card is confirmation for season 2, yes?
Mar 22, 10:14 AM

May 2019
I liked everything about this series including the worldbuilding, the adventures, the story telling, the fight scenes, the melancholy of the flashbacks one minute and then the sudden shift to a silly comedic situation the next minute, the animation, the character designs, artstyle, etc. I don't have any criticism with this show, it is a masterpiece. What a journey this was and it's not over yet. 10/10
Mar 22, 10:16 AM

Apr 2013
Welp, well this will be the 11th 10/10 out of 600+ MAL entries for me. When i saw the synopsis and the trailer one year ago I thought it had potential so I added it to my ptw, but didn't expect it to be that good of a show. I guess I have to consider importing the manga from Japan now.

Very satisfying last episode, fitting at the end of the entire show imo. I was surprised that Serie passed so many mages. Good for Denken though, who scored in my book even more points this episode, what a likeable character. I wonder if he refused Serie's spell offer like Frieren did.
Mar 22, 10:16 AM
Jan 2022
Perhaps my favorite episode of the mage exam arc, a nice conclusion.

Frieren was all in all pretty good but not anything I'll be losing sleep over. Of course, the production quality is incredible; the animation, music and sound design are all of the highest level. I just couldn't get properly invested in the story or the characters, which I'm kind of bummed about because I feel like I'm missing out. I can hardly say anything bad from a critical standpoint. The first four episodes and some of the other slice-of-life episodes in the middle were the best imo, meanwhile the action... just wasn't something I wanted from this show.

It seems a lot of people really resonated with the central themes of regret and appreciating the little things in life. When it comes to the latter, the same message resonated with me more in other stories, like Pixar's Soul and Attack on Titan. As far as the theme of regret goes, particularly regret related to the loss of loved ones, it is just something I've yet to experience in my own life. Maybe when I'm older and I've experienced that feeling on a deep level, I'll rewatch Frieren and be able to really connect with it.
Mar 22, 10:17 AM
Aug 2017
This was a very satisfying ending. Even though the story is not yet over, the season feels complete while the journey continues. That's just great writing!
Mar 22, 10:18 AM

Jun 2016
Really glad i waited for the anime to come out first instead of beginning with the manga, both animation and atmosphere made the experience a blast. I don't know how to express the feelings i had when watching this tbh, i loved almost every character and the plot was engaging.

Here's hoping we get more seasons but at this points its almost a given since the anime's pretty popular atm even in japan.
Mar 22, 10:19 AM
Mar 2024
personally i felt the first class mage exam arc was unecessarily long and felt kind of boring the rest of it was good and animation was different and good also
Mar 22, 10:20 AM
Nov 2022
FRIDAY FRIEREN ARE OVER...

AUTHENTIC CINEMA FROM BEGINNING TO FINISH 🚬

A very nice ending, demonstrating the essence that the series had from the beginning, without a doubt one of the best, it almost didn't even feel like an ending, nice.

"Farewells with tears are not for us, it will be embarrassing when we meet again" what a good phrase, damn.

FRIERENGOD

This must be continued yes or yes, the question will be that there may not be much material to adapt, however I will be here, waiting as long as necessary.
Mar 2024
personally i felt the first class mage exam arc was unecessarily long and felt kind of boring the rest of it was good and animation was different and good also

Jan 2019
This mediocrity has finally ended.

Now the countdown begins; I give it 12 months before everyone forgets this anime.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Mar 22, 10:21 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to bassyey
The end card is confirmation for season 2, yes?
@bassyey There's no official confirmation yet, it could be like that but it could also just be a sign of the end of the season
Mar 22, 10:21 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to qwaker
So self-proclaimed Frieren defenders can't even read detailed post explaining what exactly is wrong with this series, なるほど。
@qwaker It's just you seeing this anime in the most wrong way possible. and your said "detailed post" makes exactly 0 sense for our perspective.
Mar 22, 10:23 AM

Jun 2014
What a pleasant journey this show gave to us, as we joined Frieren on her journey. The action was amazing, the slower, slice of life stuff was amazing, this was a treat to watch from the first minutes to the final seconds. I really don’t know what else to say that hasn’t already been said, gonna miss these Frieren Fridays. I won’t cry though, after all, it would be embarrassing when we meet again lol (for Season 2 🤞).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 22, 10:25 AM
Jun 2022
Flawless Anime 10/10
Mar 22, 10:26 AM
Apr 2022
Absolutamente Cinema
Mar 22, 10:28 AM
Jun 2019
I want to cry but...a tearful goodbye doesnt suit us. I'll be waiting. I love this show and this series so much. What a perfect 28 weeks man.

What a perfect show to mark it as my 300th anime as completed.
This Is Nexus Neon And Thank You for Reading this
Mar 22, 10:29 AM

Jul 2016
The long awkward pause after Methode called Serie small and cute tho.

Wirbel sharing his story about Himmel's so-called insignificant adventures in helping villages his party happened to pass by being what guided him so far really goes to show how much side quests can matter.

"Death isn't the only goodbye in this life."
Wirbel isn't kidding. I'd gonna take a while for this feeling of empiness from completing this journey to fade away, and I honestly can't wait to feel "embarrased" to reunite with everyone in another season.

And for a random background character, I'm going to miss the old guy who's had nothing left to teach Stark for the dozen times he's met him just as much as the main squad. Bless that dude.
Mar 22, 10:30 AM

May 2020
this was a really good final for an amazing anime
it was way better than expected
hope we get a season 2 soon
9/10

Mar 22, 10:31 AM
Oct 2019
11/10 best fantasy anime without any discussion, a complete anime from all points of view.
my weeks without frieren friday will be much more difficult, a work that has totally affected me so deeply and whose manga I also love.
Thank you Frieren, thank you madhouse and thank you staff.
Thanks also to okeanix, for always making us laugh.
Mar 22, 10:31 AM

Aug 2018
What a show, these 28 weeks have been a bliss

Mar 22, 10:33 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Okeanix

Now the countdown begins; I give it 12 months before everyone forgets this anime.

@Okeanix Cry harder, maybe the score increase would slow down.

Anyway, I got used to watching Frieren every week so much that I can't convince myself it's no more. While it wasn't the end of the story, it is a good conclusion for a season. The panel at the end has semi-confirmed season 2, so I'll see you all there.
meyveMar 22, 10:49 AM

Mar 22, 10:33 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So after the exam and the corresponding mages made it to the highest level we got to see what they were up to before each departed on their own way. Denken truly deserved passing as well as others and even if the conversations they had with him were a bit slow they were befitting of his character. One last memory of Himmel until the final goodbye to this city for what might be considered a continuation confirmation (or not).

In any case, this was a really lovely series, one which I'll probably remember for years and once I do I'll truly know if it deserves my personal ranking of masterpiece. Even if it didn't resonate with me at that level, the way each fight was animated on top of the attention to subtle details, the way each character conveyed their personality, the soft soundtrack and the overall dilemma going around each episode realting to the passage of time was wonderful to watch. It really was the series that used flashbacks the best so far.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 22, 10:36 AM
Apr 2018
For anyone with a sudden desire to read the manga and be weird and not start from the beginning, this was chapter 60.
Mar 22, 10:39 AM
Jun 2020
I'm crying. This masterpiece of an anime is finally over after 6 months. Time to rewatch the anime and reread the manga
Mar 22, 10:39 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to Okeanix

@Okeanix you are already a legend on this forum haha, I will miss Frieren but also your crying
Mar 22, 10:44 AM

Apr 2012
I'll be honest, I didn't expect all five of the remaining testers to pass. Denken, Ubel, and Methode I was confident would, but I was worried about Wirbel and unsure of Land.

I did have an inkling of a thought about whether or not we'd ever seen the *real* Land up to now - but BOY did not expect him to be in a different city entirely. I'm also a bit surprised that Wirbel answering that he didn't like or dislike magic seemed to be the kind of answer that Serie wanted to hear. Denken and Ubel's assessment went pretty much just as I'd expected, but I absolutely loved Methode's testing at the end. "What did you think when you saw me?" - like dang, this woman properly stumped Serie. That's impressive!

I also freaking love Himmel's ideology about helping people. They might be in a hurry to do something massively important, but it will never be so important that he can just ignore the people right in front of him. You see someone struggling, you help - pure and simple. I have a D&D character I played that acted in a similar fashion, but was actually using that act of helping others as a form of procrastination to put off her greater mission, rather than as a pure sense of duty and righteousness. Which means that categorically Himmel is a better Sara than Sara was. He out-Samaritan'd me.
Mar 22, 10:47 AM
May 2020
gonna cry real quick
Mar 22, 10:48 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to meyve
@Okeanix Cry harder, maybe the score increase would slow down.

Anyway, I got used to watching Frieren every week so much that I can't convince myself it's no more. While it wasn't the end of the story, it is a good conclusion for a season. The panel at the end has semi-confirmed season 2, so I'll see you all there.
@meyve Don't want to destroy your dreams, but such end panel/screen means nothing.
Berserk 2017 had also this type of screen, but still there is no sequel. I know, different case and overall reception, but still it's not a confirmation, "story continues" can just refer to continued story in manga.
Mar 22, 10:49 AM

Jan 2014
More likely will be my last 10/10 kind of anime for a while for me. From the story, the characters, the way tone is used throughout the series. Not to mention the whole world in general. Top notch series, with a top notch adaptation. Onto the Manga we goooo.
Mar 22, 10:49 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Okeanix

@Okeanix If you thought Serie was a legendary hater, you’ve never met this guy before.
Mar 22, 10:50 AM
Aug 2018
This final episode really makes this season feel absolutely complete. Frieren is such a master in what she does, but she's smol and cute while being over 1000 years old, which makes her a force to be reckoned with (except if you're a mimic, then you'll have a good chance of winning!).
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced

deg - Yesterday

33 by Blonde_Shogun »»
1 hour ago

» Your favourite Frieren soundtrack ( 1 2 )

E-Satie - Apr 16

55 by Gator »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Do you like Übel's armpits? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Mar 18

87 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Would you ask Ubel on a date?

Shizuna - May 6

43 by Gator »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Which mage would you rather have as your mentor?

Moonshine_cookie - Apr 30

37 by Gator »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.