Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 3:40 PM
Aug 2013
So, the anime is very obvious with its "plot twists", and keep hitting our heads with the not-so-mysterious overarching "mysteries", through the whole season. Is it the same with the light novels, or are they a bit better at subtle foreshadowing? I like the plot itself, but not how it's executed in the anime, so if the LNs would be worth reading, I would love to know.
Mar 20, 4:13 PM
Mar 2021
hopefully i can give you a somewhat accurate answer

keep in mind that i've only read 16 episodes pages worth of the anime, so i'm not sure if this is accurate or not

from what i can tell, the anime adapts the light novel to the tee. If anything, I think the anime is a bit more "subtle" with the "plot twists" you're complaining about.

there are a couple phrases and paragraphs that are omitted from the anime, but i don't think it's of much importance towards both the plot twists or the foreshadowing

would love to be corrected though
Mar 20, 5:16 PM
Jan 2024
dadroo said:
hopefully i can give you a somewhat accurate answer

keep in mind that i've only read 16 episodes pages worth of the anime, so i'm not sure if this is accurate or not

from what i can tell, the anime adapts the light novel to the tee. If anything, I think the anime is a bit more "subtle" with the "plot twists" you're complaining about.

there are a couple phrases and paragraphs that are omitted from the anime, but i don't think it's of much importance towards both the plot twists or the foreshadowing

would love to be corrected though

Agreed, I'm currently reading the light novel and it's pretty accurate with the anime
Mar 20, 6:42 PM
Aug 2013
Thanks for the replies! Might just stick to the anime then :)
Mar 21, 5:06 AM

Dec 2007
I think it being "very obvious" is really just a matter of opinion. Yes, I've guessed most of the main plots and course of action, but I've also noticed that there's a huge amount of people who simply did not, sometimes even needing clarification after the episodes.

I also think that feeding enough clues so that anyone paying enough attention to detail can guess where the story is gong is part of the appeal of mystery shows. If this element is not present there's a risk that the deductions seem out of nowhere and not realistic. the lightnovel is the same in this aspect. I still think it's worth reading, if LN's are your cup of tea. Specially because the anime is about to end, and we don't know if or when there'll be more seasons.
Mar 21, 5:27 AM
Aug 2013
Look, I'd understand it if this show was aimed at ~10 year olds. But as far as I know, the demographic for the LNs is seinen. It shouldn't need to be this overt about the clues.
Mar 29, 4:00 AM
Mar 2014
There are plot twists to the plot twists. Some misteries that seem to be over and done with end up tying into later overarching plots. So it's less "in your face" than you might think, imo.
They do always leave all the necessary details in the story at some point, so some people will obviously figure it out ahead of time. But if they didn't do that it'd feel like they're just pulling twists from thin air.
As for differences between the anime and the LN... We get more of Maomao's inner thoughts on the LN. Many things that are spoken in the anime are just thoughts in the LN, so some stuff is more ambiguous there. Maybe the ambiguity helps with the mistery?
In the end, it's all personal preference. The differences are very small and have both pros and cons.

More topics from this board

» So simple question...

ANIk_003 - Yesterday

20 by Phloup »»
Yesterday, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

262 by ksipe »»
May 30, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 16, 2023

166 by Noeiro »»
May 29, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

204 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

209 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.