Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
At least we know where and how these clones were made.

While I know this is a test, it definitely pushes everyone to be more than just trying to pass. I also find it interesting that Sens, one of the examinees getting heavily involved in this episode. Not going to lie, I think this episode is still amazing from the lore...and Frieren and Fern showcasing their abilities.

This whole exam has been a complex challenge and feels like each episode raises the stakes.
Mar 8, 6:28 AM

May 2020
There wasn't a single dull moment this whole episode, I mean Frieren and Fern against Frieren clone was already a show in itself, but to see others shining against the rest of the clones was what made this episode, THE episode. Sure we saw people surrendering, but they made their point, especially Ubel…

… and that too against Sense’s clone, the so-called strongest clone after Frieren. And man, was it not hype how she did that. “I can cut through anything I can cut”, sounds like one of those Shirou’s quotes, but she literally means it lol. If she believes she can defeat someone, she will. Another mic drop moment, when Ubel simply cut through Sense’s clone.

She’s one of those badass women who simply can’t be disliked. Anyways, back to the cinema, and well, what can someone say, the best animated fight we’ve had yet this season. Just one single opening, and Frieren did the thing. Of course, the second stage is over now, and now we’ll have that one final meeting.

Madhouse went above and beyond. Them adapting Frieren will always be one of the best things to happen to this medium.
Mar 8, 6:29 AM

Dec 2021
Ubel is such a badass.

Frieren's clone intercepts Fern's Zoltraak, leading to a prolonged struggle. Meanwhile, other mages have divided into groups for better matchups. Sacrificing herself, Frieren creates an opportunity for Fern to land a fatal blow on the clone. Despite the clone's powerful counterattack, Frieren seizes the chance to finish it with Zoltraak. With the clone defeated, the seal on the door shatters, and Frieren triumphs over Spiegel, concluding the exam.

Seems like a big part of magic is just believing you can do something, but there's a big difference between saying it and truly believing it. Glad we found out about Ubel's test. It was strange they let her retake it after she accidentally killed one of their teachers. Then there's Wirbel, who never seems tired after fights because he always sits down when talking. I love how Fern quietly helps Frieren inside the mimic. She's a quick learner from her teacher.

It's funny that the first thing Frieren goes for in the final room is the mimic. Never change, Frieren.

Mar 8, 6:45 AM
Feb 2021
what a episode from madhouse.
masterpiece
Mar 8, 6:50 AM

Nov 2010
  • The animation of the battle between Frieren vs Frieren clone is kind of too abstract, especially at the beginning of the episode.
  • There was no explanation for the magic Frieren clone used against Fern at the end of the battle. gravity control?
Mar 8, 6:52 AM
Oct 2019
the pinnacle of animation in the episode "pinnacle of magic"
Mar 8, 7:26 AM
Sep 2021
MADHOUSE AND STAFFS ARE COOKING!!!! WHAT AN EPISODE!!!!!
Mar 8, 7:27 AM
Sep 2015
Sense talk so little yet think so much.

The battle is too much for YouTube's compression algorithm to handle.

I wish I could give this episode a masterpiece remark, but Stark missing all the fun doesn't sit well with me.
Mar 8, 7:30 AM

Oct 2007
did not expect Ubel can easily kill Sense clone. She also totally destroyed that first class mage guy from years ago. lol

Sense has a cute smile.

Frieren reward is a gold mimic. She still can't resist. xD
Mar 8, 7:32 AM

Oct 2017
Frieren never fail to amuse us, falls for a mimic every freaking time. What an episode though, really happy with how madhouse handled this arc. The animation this episode was so good and flashy. Übel's a real menace, her power is nuts. In the end Fern wasn't able to take down Frieren but she did enough. Frieren's last resort magic is insane, really curious about it. Wish we got to see how Methode handled Fern, she's lovely.
MegamiRemMar 19, 2:59 AM
Mar 8, 7:33 AM
Dec 2023
Favorite episode after 9 & 10, rate 10/10,just simple i like this
Mar 8, 7:42 AM
Jul 2023
Damn near perfect in every aspect it presented and the most satisfying pay off so far.
Mar 8, 7:46 AM

Feb 2021
Oh damn, I actually thought that the fight ended last episode. Nice!
This looks so beautiful wtf. There's literally a black hole.
Lawine and Richter noooo
8:23 Reelseiden isn't a real word. Maybe a combination or something.

9:48 Burg is castle

Ohhhhh, interesting. So magic is actually OP as hell, as in if you believe that you can defeat someone, you will. But common sense limits this. By this logic, crazy people would be the most dangerous of all. Does this make Übel crazy? idk. Really cool flashback.
No waaay, they can return.
20:22 "I don't recognize this attack as magic" I guess this supports what Sense said. "Recognizing", or being sure of/believing something is really important in magic.

A mimic, of course XD
Now (almost) everyone's a First-Class Mage! Thankfully no one died. To think that all this was just to be able to travel somewhere.
WAIT HOLUP THERE IS A THIRD EXAM. There are only 2 episodes left, so I guess it will be short.

Absolutely beautiful episode. They never miss.
EmbientMar 8, 7:57 AM
Mar 8, 7:48 AM

Apr 2010
They cleared it with that epic fight which was nice.
Seems the tactics they suggested worked still for the most part anyway.
Tho it seems a few didn't make it, was kinda routing for Lawine but it seems she ran out of luck.
Well a small group remains i guess.
Mar 8, 7:57 AM
Dec 2023
Peak animation episode. Absolutely amazing.
Mar 8, 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode of Free-run, so close to the end tho qq
Mar 8, 8:15 AM
Oct 2021
I can't understand, but it is really gorgeous!
Mar 8, 8:16 AM

Mar 2021
Simply a marvellous episode
Mar 8, 8:20 AM
Dec 2021
Probably the best episode of this season of frieren
Mar 8, 8:22 AM
Jun 2020
PEAK CINEMA FR FR FR
Mar 8, 8:25 AM

Jun 2021
This episode was Visual masterclass and quite brutal too.

I'm glad they didn't show some cheap and easy way of beating clone Frieren instead one of them had to almost scarifice in order to beat her.

Those Golems are so useful they not only protected them but also heal them from fatal injuries.

Even after all this Mimic > Frieren.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Mar 8, 8:25 AM

Apr 2023
I guess I'm reincarnating as a mimic then.

Mar 8, 8:29 AM
Apr 2021
Need season 2 asap
Mar 8, 8:30 AM

Jun 2019
That is peak animation for 2024.
Mar 8, 8:31 AM
Oct 2022
Masterpiece love it
Mar 8, 8:31 AM
Jan 2022
A modern classic. The tolkien style anime/manga fantasy.

If next arc el dorado gets this lvl of production that season 1 has delivered so far, Frieren is a generational show.
Mar 8, 8:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Max entertainment. Madhouse nailing this adaptation 100%.

Ubel is an unexpected delightful character. Her fanclub keeps growing
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 8, 8:34 AM

Mar 2013
That was a fun episode but I think the mimic joke is getting overused... 🥲
I didn't get to see Fern's clone though or am I losing it? 🤔

There are two more episodes left, and I doubt the next exam, or if there are more, will be finished anytime soon in this season. 😖
CrazyButNot4UMar 8, 8:39 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 8, 8:41 AM
May 2021
THE WAIT WAS WORTH IT
Mar 8, 8:42 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to CrazyButNot4U

There are two more episodes left, and I doubt the next exam, or if there are more, will be finished anytime soon in this season. 😖
@CrazyButNot4U Ferns clone was making a suprise attack on Methode near the end of the episode, flying above her head trying to suprise her. Once the demon died you can see Methode being fine but she had a tough fight, all around her are holes in the wall. But Methode managed to survive and distract the Fern clone that disappeared after the demons death.
Mar 8, 8:43 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to CrazyButNot4U

@CrazyButNot4U don’t worry next exam is very short most likely will be finished in next episode
Oct 2019
They going went beyond for the art and the Animation in this Episode!!
Absolutely Stunning!!

Thank You Madhouse.
Nov 2017
WHAT DID FRIEREN USE AGAINST FERN?!?! I WANT TO KNOW SO BAD
Mar 8, 8:45 AM

Jul 2016
Good job to the staffs, they really went too hard for this episode, Frieren vs clone frieren feels like Saitama vs Boros fight w(°o°)w

Can't believe there's 2 episodes left, I hope we get a sequel. б(>ε<)∂
Mar 8, 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
Darth Frieren was scary as hell! It's funny how despite her apocalyptic spells, she still had something even scarier.

Also, despite all the treasures, Frieren went for a mimic :3

Dec 2010
Reply to kuroneko99
  • The animation of the battle between Frieren vs Frieren clone is kind of too abstract, especially at the beginning of the episode.
  • There was no explanation for the magic Frieren clone used against Fern at the end of the battle. gravity control?
@kuroneko99 Looks like something along those lines, the clone was able to create a black hole thing to draw in rocks so it wouldn't be unreasonable for the opposite to happen to create a directional gravity push. It's probably also near impossible to defend against as the magic is manipulating the gravity to attack the opponent and isn't actual magic directed at the opponent, similar to the explanation richter gave a few episodes back about manipulating matter to overcome defensive magic, and the overarching theme about visualizing the cause and effect in applying magic.
Mystic_TwilightMar 8, 8:55 AM

Nov 2021
Brooo, this is probably my favorite episode of Frieren. DAMNNNNN.
Mar 8, 8:47 AM
Aug 2022
I’m not crazy about frieren but god dam the ed song slaps
Mar 8, 8:49 AM
Mar 2019
The face on clone Frieren when it smashed Fern into a wall was so awesome
Mar 8, 8:49 AM

Jan 2009
amazing episode action pack

ubel imagination to cut anything is working like a delusion though and that delusion of hers is effective for her cutting spell

ubel cutting spell vs sukuna dismantle and cleave who will win?

and whats the spell that the clone of frieren did to fern in the end its some undetectable magic spell a top class spell
Mar 8, 8:50 AM

Jul 2017
Frieren and Fern thought that Zoltraak might be able to break through the replica, though this is to be expected if it blocks. And as for the others, acting like their replica counterparts with the little force that they have to defeat it, that would prove critical. Finding each and everyone's replicas now become a grave concern, especially when Sense's replica cannot be detected. Even as both Ubel and Land meet Denken to face Sense's replica along the way, Sense already predicting that she won't be able to win, as intended by the witness of one of the test years of her facing one of the strongest candidates with Reelseiden, and cutting him fairly easy against his insane defense magic. Her ace-in-the-hole: visualization and intuition to act like a human, and it's evident from her ideal battle stance from before.

Meanwhile, Wirbel and the rest has to deal with the replicas of others, and this is becoming a battle of attrition, the perseverance of some of the strongest battles ever faced. Even with Zoltraak, Fern still cannot outwit the replica's magic, which the real thing can substitute for her to ensure their survival and stop Spiegel, thus ending the replicas and completing the second test.

Still though...Frieren in a mimic, that's the reward for completing the test. You'll never change, Frieren the Gambler.
Mar 8, 8:51 AM

Jan 2022
Sousou no Frieren Episode 26

- The height of magic is a befitting title for this episode.
- The animation was again amazing.
- Ubel is an insane genius.
- It was unfortunate that Lawine and Richter did not pass the second exam.
- We saw another side of Frieren through her clone when she was in grave danger. Releasing a mysterious power towards her opponent.
- Poor Fern; she lost her staff in the fight.
- Frieren will always be Frieren falling into mimics' trap.

Mar 8, 8:53 AM

Oct 2018
I don't know how much I'd pay for a short version of this fight, but instead of an actual fight, Fern would just throw a mimic chest and wait for fake Frieren to get caught.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 8, 8:53 AM

Aug 2017
I was hoping for a banger episode since the second half started and this is it, everything is moving and there are a loooot of cool displays. The animation and the use of different prespectives as well as the music, this episode was amaizng. I love that the magic system is very well portraid, complex yet understandable, ever since Frieren broke the barrier because she wanted Kanne to go full out and use her imagination. Today we saw Ubel using her imagination (and Frieren apparently) it was a very good episode and overall a powerfull adaptation with an elevation of the original work. Shoutout everyone involved, Reiko Nagasawa, hiroekeisuke, vercreek, saucelot and other amazing animators
Mar 8, 8:55 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to Kamquat420
I guess I'm reincarnating as a mimic then.

@Kamquat420 You're going to hell no matter what
Mar 8, 8:55 AM

Jun 2017
MASTERPIECE.

Madhouse surpassed their peak once again, that was absolutely incredible!
Mar 8, 8:59 AM
Sep 2020
I don't know what to comment, this episode was too good 😂
Mar 8, 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
Fantastic episode. Just breathtaking animation again in this episode, especially with the Frieren/Fern vs clone Frieren stuff again looking out of this world (while the other bits of action still looking top drawer and high quality too throughout the episode). Shame that some folks like Lawine and Richter didn't manage to pass but I do like that some characters we got to see for multiple episodes to stand out couldn't pass this test, so it's not just magically easy for every single key person to pass it. But seeing characters like Ubel shine a lot in her confrontation with the clone of Sense and history of her power and level of brutality she can dish out in the past as a newly third-class mage, seeing Frieren unleash powers that she hadn't used in a very long time and much more, it was all great. Visually, this was outstanding and the top-drawer action in particular made this episode feel like a breeze to watch. This is not the most complex test or battle I've seen but the execution for it for the most part was really good. A bit slow in one of the episodes, but the rest of it was great like this one. I do think Madhouse and the anime staff involved made these episodes much more enjoyable than it was in the manga by comparison as while I did think it was a decent arc in the manga, the anime staff just made it more engaging to watch for several reasons. Everyone involved with animating and storyboarding the last couple episodes gave it their all and the product was nothing short of sublime as a result.
Mar 8, 9:01 AM

Mar 2010
I love Übel so much... :3
Mar 8, 9:01 AM
Oct 2019
Absolute cinema.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
10 hours ago

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Yesterday

15 by Mdraj6996 »»
Today, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.