Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 24, 7:59 PM
Apr 2022
The megumin spinoff only sold 700 blu ray discs first week. For reference, season 1 and 2 sold 10k blu ray discs. This means konosuba had at least a 90% drop in bd sales. Streams were not any better. Sales for the spinoff were so bad, they now have to re-release the blu ray discs and old figures. Reviews and reception completely crashed.

The spinoff and season 3 are part of the same team so one flopping will still impact the other. The bd cutoff nowadays is probably 2k-3k for popular series.

What does this mean? Konosuba s3 will probably need oshi no season 1 sales just to continue. Since it has to cover for its spinoff doing so poor. It will need to make headlines in spring and probably be considered the best anime of all time.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 8:11 PM

Nov 2021
People didn't really care about the spinoff tbh it was alright from what I've heard.
The main anime won't have any problem imo
Feb 24, 8:16 PM
Oct 2019
Can we get there once the bridge is in sight the first episode didn't even air yet and you are already on the Blu Ray release who are a after the airing. Also both series have a different production committee exactly for case like this konosuba being a more secure IP less producers were involved as opposed to the Megumin spin off and in both case drive is not a producer so it mean they only receive the animation fee regardless the result.
Feb 24, 8:59 PM
Jan 2017
Should have just not made the spinoff I guess. Waste of time and resources.
Feb 25, 12:10 AM
Nov 2021
DEMSpirit said:
The megumin spinoff only sold 700 blu ray discs first week. For reference, season 1 and 2 sold 10k blu ray discs. This means konosuba had at least a 90% drop in bd sales. Streams were not any better. Sales for the spinoff were so bad, they now have to re-release the blu ray discs and old figures. Reviews and reception completely crashed.

The spinoff and season 3 are part of the same team so one flopping will still impact the other. The bd cutoff nowadays is probably 2k-3k for popular series.

What does this mean? Konosuba s3 will probably need oshi no season 1 sales just to continue. Since it has to cover for its spinoff doing so poor. It will need to make headlines in spring and probably be considered the best anime of all time.

I mean i watched the spin off and it wasn’t anything special hence why ppl didn’t really care about it, im sure the main anime will draw more attention
Feb 25, 2:07 AM

May 2021
Reply to Otakupervert890
Can we get there once the bridge is in sight the first episode didn't even air yet and you are already on the Blu Ray release who are a after the airing. Also both series have a different production committee exactly for case like this konosuba being a more secure IP less producers were involved as opposed to the Megumin spin off and in both case drive is not a producer so it mean they only receive the animation fee regardless the result.
Otakupervert890 said:
different production committee

The difference in productions committees doesn't guarantee success . Problematic decisions can be made by everyone . The problem with the spin off wasn't the production team but whoever decided to make a full 12 episode anime and not a simple 4-6 OVA instead from such a low quality source material and thought megumin's success on the internet can carry a TV anime.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 25, 2:21 AM
Jul 2021
DEMSpirit said:

700bd sales for a spin off is good. s3 is already the most popular spring anime in MAL. I don't think it's gonna matter much.
Feb 25, 2:25 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
DEMSpirit said:

700bd sales for a spin off is good. s3 is already the most popular spring anime in MAL. I don't think it's gonna matter much.
@Anime_Skaddiel below 1k discs is pretty much cancelation levels unless you are a battle shonen from weekly Shonen jump with huge manga dales. Considering konosuba has 10k disc sales for s1 and 2, a 90% disc sales drop will make the megumin spinoff the biggest bomb of all time no pun intended.

Kadokawa spent a bunch to market the spinoff. Konosuba didn't get a noticeable sales and marketing jump after the spinoff and that hurts their bottom line.

Mal popularity doesn't influence reception. Dangers in my heart had lower mal membership than solo leveling and classroom of the elite but ended up dominating the polls.
DEMSpiritFeb 25, 2:32 AM
Feb 25, 3:32 AM

Jan 2019
The spin-off was mediocre as hell so I'm not surprised at its bad sales numbers. I'm hopeful for season 3's success though.

Feb 25, 4:44 AM

May 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Anime_Skaddiel below 1k discs is pretty much cancelation levels unless you are a battle shonen from weekly Shonen jump with huge manga dales. Considering konosuba has 10k disc sales for s1 and 2, a 90% disc sales drop will make the megumin spinoff the biggest bomb of all time no pun intended.

Kadokawa spent a bunch to market the spinoff. Konosuba didn't get a noticeable sales and marketing jump after the spinoff and that hurts their bottom line.

Mal popularity doesn't influence reception. Dangers in my heart had lower mal membership than solo leveling and classroom of the elite but ended up dominating the polls.
DEMSpirit said:
Mal popularity doesn't influence reception

Yeah some people still have the same mindset in 2024 that somehow mal represents the majority of the anime and manga community globally and how successful anime , manga etc are ...

Feb 25, 4:50 AM
Jul 2021
Blu rays don’t really mean that much anymore
Feb 25, 5:32 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Yubisoft
Otakupervert890 said:
different production committee

The difference in productions committees doesn't guarantee success . Problematic decisions can be made by everyone . The problem with the spin off wasn't the production team but whoever decided to make a full 12 episode anime and not a simple 4-6 OVA instead from such a low quality source material and thought megumin's success on the internet can carry a TV anime.
@Yubisoft this is basically partially why the flash bombed.

When you have the entire anitube hyping this spinoff as the anime of the season, best thing ever, and it didn't deliver the second coming of avengers endgame, this will severely sour expectations. And anitube not admitting the faults just worsens it. This happened in japan to where it was like the 2nd and 3rd most anticipated show.
Feb 25, 5:38 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to ForeverTraitor
The spin-off was mediocre as hell so I'm not surprised at its bad sales numbers. I'm hopeful for season 3's success though.
@ForeverTraitor this is what happenned to the flash as well. 6 months before preview, people were saying it was the best thing ever.

Even before episode 1 dropped, anitube and the entire internet were claiming this would be peak, best you have ever seen.

A 90% sales drop is catastrophic. I don't think an additional installment do this poorly in anime history.
Feb 25, 5:46 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Gavinyeet
@Gavinyeet it does if ur not a shonen with insane manga sales and streams. Also the bds that are still on clearance almost a year after release affects their bottom lines. As well as any merchandise deals probably cut from taito, estream, good smile company.
Feb 25, 6:26 AM

May 2021
Reply to Gavinyeet
@Gavinyeet It so important for the studios to sell blu rays in Japan to the point that they changed director for Chainsaw man anime due to how poorly blu ray sold etc. It is an extremely important factor when studios want to decide if they are gonna greenlight new seasons for an anime. And this is just one recent example of the importance of blu ray

Feb 25, 6:29 AM
Jul 2022
Didn’t you say the same thing about Chainsaw Man getting cancelled and it ended up getting a season 2/movie.

It’s not that deep bro…
Feb 25, 6:33 AM

Jan 2009
do note that disc sales and profit decreases for anime sequels anyway this is true for most anime

plus check the source material sales boost and even the legal streaming ratings if they are high then chances are there will still be anime sequels
Feb 25, 6:34 AM

May 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Yubisoft this is basically partially why the flash bombed.

When you have the entire anitube hyping this spinoff as the anime of the season, best thing ever, and it didn't deliver the second coming of avengers endgame, this will severely sour expectations. And anitube not admitting the faults just worsens it. This happened in japan to where it was like the 2nd and 3rd most anticipated show.
DEMSpirit said:
anitube hyping this spinoff as the anime of the season

And that is because the hype was focused on Megumin not the anime itself (plot, animation quality etc). Because let's be honest if the anime didn't have megumin as the main character , light years less people would have cared to even watch the first episode of the anime unless it was yuri etc and mal and other site's ratings would have been 6.30 or less.The production team overestimated the hype I mentioned ... and we all saw what was the result . Also another big reason is that anime was padded so damn much that the pacing of the plot , comedy , character and world building were all over the place. If studios want to make spin off anime about certain characters they should follow Kakegurui Twin's example ... a little bit of unfair example but hopefully you understand my point .
YubisoftFeb 25, 6:42 AM

Feb 25, 7:33 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Yubisoft
@Gavinyeet It so important for the studios to sell blu rays in Japan to the point that they changed director for Chainsaw man anime due to how poorly blu ray sold etc. It is an extremely important factor when studios want to decide if they are gonna greenlight new seasons for an anime. And this is just one recent example of the importance of blu ray
@Yubisoft blu rays are also pocket change next to things like gacha games, scaled figures. Issue is so many seasonals push out so many bds which never sell. The spinoff bd sales were so bad, they got discounted to half on ami ami and were available even now. That affects their bottom lines as well which in turn hampers other merchandising deals. I am pretty sure taito severed a licensing deal to produce konosuba prizes which sent it to less reputable brands like Sega.
Feb 25, 7:33 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft blu rays are also pocket change next to things like gacha games, scaled figures. Issue is so many seasonals push out so many bds which never sell. The spinoff bd sales were so bad, they got discounted to half on ami ami and were available even now. That affects their bottom lines as well which in turn hampers other merchandising deals. I am pretty sure taito severed a licensing deal to produce konosuba prizes which sent it to less reputable brands like Sega.
Feb 25, 7:49 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to deg
do note that disc sales and profit decreases for anime sequels anyway this is true for most anime

plus check the source material sales boost and even the legal streaming ratings if they are high then chances are there will still be anime sequels
@deg except spinoffs are almost never considered better than the main series. Only exception you can possibly pull is Railgun.
SAO didn't attempt a spinoff until it had 4 successful cours, a successful movie. DAL did a spinoff after 3 cours, a movie, but it was compressed into a single movie/ova format. Tensura did a spinoff after 4 succesful cours.

Konosuba did a spinoff cours after just 2 cours and a movie.
Feb 25, 7:56 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Yubisoft
DEMSpirit said:
anitube hyping this spinoff as the anime of the season

And that is because the hype was focused on Megumin not the anime itself (plot, animation quality etc). Because let's be honest if the anime didn't have megumin as the main character , light years less people would have cared to even watch the first episode of the anime unless it was yuri etc and mal and other site's ratings would have been 6.30 or less.The production team overestimated the hype I mentioned ... and we all saw what was the result . Also another big reason is that anime was padded so damn much that the pacing of the plot , comedy , character and world building were all over the place. If studios want to make spin off anime about certain characters they should follow Kakegurui Twin's example ... a little bit of unfair example but hopefully you understand my point .
@Yubisoft yep. They clearly thought Megumin on the cover would sell them an easy 5k discs at around 40000 yen per season. Newer hit animes often fall into the hype trap where they release to good reception and the internet hypes it through the roof saying it is the next citizen kane (despite not reading or comparing source materials). Tensura faced a similiar issue where they thought the franchise was ready to overtake SAO. So they greenlit a movie, Crunchyroll fast tracked its release, gave it a wide release, only for it to severely underperform and get slammed by critics.

The spinoff material itself is probably inferior than other ln spinoffs. Not sure how profitable the Konosuba movie was. Some articles say it is a cash cow, others say it underperformed since it didn't made that much despite wide amount of screenings. I myself believed season 3 and the spinoff got greenlit thanks to fantastic days (which looks to be struggling now).
https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/comments/kq2hqt/so_did_the_movie_flop_did_it_fall_short_of/

But no one can deny the megumin spinoff flopped.
DEMSpiritFeb 25, 8:00 AM
Feb 25, 8:02 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit

DEMSpirit said:
below 1k discs is pretty much cancelation levels unless you are a battle shonen from weekly Shonen jump with huge manga dales.

"Cancelation" isn't really a thing that happens in the anime industry. Very rarely do you actually get cases in which a project is announced and then it is explicitly mentioned to be cancelled, and even when it does happen. it's usually because of inside production problems and not really sales.

Also, Vinland Saga sold incredibly poor in terms of BDs, and yet it still got a second season, so your logic falls flat on it's face.
Feb 25, 8:06 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft Ryu Nakayama is not continuing because he's already working with a different studio, and there was a direct comment from Otsuka that he still considered CSM a financial success. You people really need to stop living in the past and thinking BDs are the overlord of an anime's success.
Feb 25, 8:14 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft It is especially important now since Oshi No Ko has outperformed Konosuba, re Zero, Overlord, Mushoku by an extreme margin. Adapting as series to the end is an extreme that requires a dedicated production team. But Kadokawa will more than likely dump other series for Oshi No Ko if those series fail to hit the benchmarks.

You can mention DAL or Shield Hero and how are they still continuing despite their names omitted form their year ends report.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/comments/15hgqer/i_think_megumin_spinoff_may_be_a_little_success/
That is because DAL and Shield Hero no longer have Kadokawa as the main member of the production committee. Shield Hero is heavily funded by Crunchyroll since it gives them insane streams. DAL is funded by Hot Game Studio due to the Chinese mobile game. Since Kadokawa aren't funding those shows, they don't get the revenue. Also they are free of kadokawa poor management.
Feb 25, 8:26 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Oongbuh
DEMSpirit said:
below 1k discs is pretty much cancelation levels unless you are a battle shonen from weekly Shonen jump with huge manga dales.

"Cancelation" isn't really a thing that happens in the anime industry. Very rarely do you actually get cases in which a project is announced and then it is explicitly mentioned to be cancelled, and even when it does happen. it's usually because of inside production problems and not really sales.

Also, Vinland Saga sold incredibly poor in terms of BDs, and yet it still got a second season, so your logic falls flat on it's face.
@Oongbuh Vinland Saga Season 2 has steaming like Netflix and Crunchyroll on their production committees. The show continues because vinland saga has high streams. Also vinland saga is intended to be a passion project that doesn't aim to make profits. This is why you see almost no vinland saga merchandise.

Kadokawa is a profit driven production committee, and don't benefit huge off of streams. They make money off of merchandise (kdcolle) and bds. J8ust look at Oshi no ko and see how much that got merchandised. Kadokawa has no problem dumping series in favor of new ones. Basically what happened to the Toaru series. If your production committee is purely profit driven, it usually results in some type of sales and production disaster which is what happened to Konosuba.

"Cancellation" isn't a thing but shows rarely made a successful comeback if their first seasons don't do well. Devil is a part timer is a good example.
Feb 25, 8:31 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Oongbuh
@Yubisoft Ryu Nakayama is not continuing because he's already working with a different studio, and there was a direct comment from Otsuka that he still considered CSM a financial success. You people really need to stop living in the past and thinking BDs are the overlord of an anime's success.
@Oongbuh Mappa is no longer a passion project driven studio and now a profit driven studio. Nakayama is for the most part the fall guy. But Mappa intended to make a ton of money from CSM. Rather than quickly adapt csm part 1 in like 26 episodes, they extended the first part and animated like Akebi. Then they added a different artist for every ending. Also Mappa marketed CSM like crazy so every figure company would have a CSM figure coming out.
Feb 25, 10:57 AM
Jan 2022
DEMSpirit said:

It’s not the same
Feb 25, 2:30 PM
Jun 2021
much ado about nothing
Feb 25, 2:38 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Yubisoft
DEMSpirit said:
Mal popularity doesn't influence reception

Yeah some people still have the same mindset in 2024 that somehow mal represents the majority of the anime and manga community globally and how successful anime , manga etc are ...
@Yubisoft MAL membership also inflates shows before they come out to unreasonable expectations, most fail to deliver. Mal membership for the most part is a combination of recency bias and anitube. The flash has shown that if you overhype something, the harder you will fail. Because then you need to really deliver.

We have seen this with stuff like shield hero, classroom of the elite, spy x family,

Konosuba s3 having higher mal membership than every show for spring and anitube favoring it over other shows means it REALLY needs to deliver and be a show stunner it will take the talk away of every show in spring.
Feb 26, 1:58 AM

May 2021
Reply to baldingcheeto
much ado about nothing
@baldingcheeto If this ''nothing'' will suddenly becomes something important and you start waiting years and years for a new season or movie (if the new season fails in terms of profit) , I want to see your the reaction of you people who now act nice and cool.... Hopefully then you will understand why we are worrying now
YubisoftFeb 26, 6:54 AM

Feb 26, 6:28 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Yubisoft
@baldingcheeto If this ''nothing'' will suddenly becomes something important and you start waiting years and years for a new season or movie (if the new season fails in terms of profit) , I want to see your the reaction of you people who now act nice and cool.... Hopefully then you will understand why we are worrying now
@Yubisoft konosuba s3 is legit probably going to need kaguya season 3 levels of attention and reception. Especially considering what else is airing next season. And kaguya season 3 only sold like 2k discs.
Mar 17, 9:58 PM

Jul 2021
i'm sure it is gonna do alright

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 18, 12:59 PM
Feb 2024
The spinoff was about 12 year old Megumin, so it was absolutely not ecchi. Konosuba is ecchi, and that’s what its audience is looking for.
Mar 20, 5:26 PM

Jun 2019
People should be required to learn about anime production before posting on these forums, it'd prevent shit like this from being posted
Mar 21, 12:06 PM

Sep 2020
DEMSpirit said:

I love how people still think Blu-ray sales matter…

It doesn’t matter that much anymore
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 9:52 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to DEMSpirit
@Yubisoft yep. They clearly thought Megumin on the cover would sell them an easy 5k discs at around 40000 yen per season. Newer hit animes often fall into the hype trap where they release to good reception and the internet hypes it through the roof saying it is the next citizen kane (despite not reading or comparing source materials). Tensura faced a similiar issue where they thought the franchise was ready to overtake SAO. So they greenlit a movie, Crunchyroll fast tracked its release, gave it a wide release, only for it to severely underperform and get slammed by critics.

The spinoff material itself is probably inferior than other ln spinoffs. Not sure how profitable the Konosuba movie was. Some articles say it is a cash cow, others say it underperformed since it didn't made that much despite wide amount of screenings. I myself believed season 3 and the spinoff got greenlit thanks to fantastic days (which looks to be struggling now).
https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/comments/kq2hqt/so_did_the_movie_flop_did_it_fall_short_of/

But no one can deny the megumin spinoff flopped.
@DEMSpirit First of, source about doing bad at streaming? Second, the movie had a wide amount of screenings? Lol, this is straight up false, it barely had screenings, still it did great, and a Kadokawa producer had said before the movie that S3 had a chance if the movie does well.
Mar 30, 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Not gonna lie, megumin spinoff was just mid. Konosuba is probably in my top 3 favorite anime, but I hadn't even finished megumin spinoff. It's just boring and felt mid.
Without all main cast and kazuma himself, it loses all charm.
Mar 30, 5:44 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to removed-user
Not gonna lie, megumin spinoff was just mid. Konosuba is probably in my top 3 favorite anime, but I hadn't even finished megumin spinoff. It's just boring and felt mid.
Without all main cast and kazuma himself, it loses all charm.
@Pimpi05 I disliked that spinoff too, but s3 is pretty great compared to that for episode 1 at least.
Mar 30, 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to anomyn_
The spinoff was about 12 year old Megumin, so it was absolutely not ecchi. Konosuba is ecchi, and that’s what its audience is looking for.
@anomyn_ just no. People watching konosuba do not care for ecchi. People watching konosuba for its comedy, including scenes where it makes fun of ecchi. It's absurd comedy and darkness washing kazuma back is just that - absurd comedy scene.
I couldn't care less about "ecchi" in this show.
Mar 31, 3:35 AM
Feb 2017
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft But we already waited years for season 3 despite S1 and S2 being a huge success in BD sales according to you. This thread is full of nonsensical arguments.
Mar 31, 4:37 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to removed-user
@anomyn_ just no. People watching konosuba do not care for ecchi. People watching konosuba for its comedy, including scenes where it makes fun of ecchi. It's absurd comedy and darkness washing kazuma back is just that - absurd comedy scene.
I couldn't care less about "ecchi" in this show.
@Pimpi05 lol yes, that’s what ecchi is — sex comedy. The show has a lot of jokes and probably half of them are about sex or at the very least kinda horny. See also the running gag that Megumin is undressing kazuma when he dies, basically everything about Darkness being lewd to the point of disturbing, Kazuma’s pansu thievery, all the “pedo chicken” between Kazuma and Megumin… it’s not absurd humor, it’s lewd humor that hits nearly every trope of the fantasy ecchi genre.
Mar 31, 10:57 AM

Jan 2021
Konosuba season 3 will need [HEADCANON]
Mar 31, 2:49 PM

Jun 2015
Fake news. The blue ray sales are not the only source of income for the studio and has almost nothing to do with profits. Their main source of income in from selling streaming rights and merch sales.

Don't pay attention to anything this account says. He made this account to shill for Oshi no Ko and shit on other anime.
Read Toriko!
Mar 31, 3:28 PM

May 2021
Reply to phantom346
Fake news. The blue ray sales are not the only source of income for the studio and has almost nothing to do with profits. Their main source of income in from selling streaming rights and merch sales.

Don't pay attention to anything this account says. He made this account to shill for Oshi no Ko and shit on other anime.
phantom346 said:
Fake news. The blue ray sales are not the only source of income for the studio

Literally the title : Konosuba season 3 will need insane profits just to break even . Nobody said blu rays are the only most important source of revenue. Blu rays are important for studios in Japan because the Japanese market ... you know .. the priority market of Japan still buys them a lot mainly for collector's reasons etc . The western market where blu ray sales are not good is not important for Japanese studios . They most important source of revenue in general for Japanese studios is the Japanese market .

phantom346 said:
Their main source of income in from selling streaming rights and merch sales.

Can you give us where you got your info that blu ray sales are no longer important for Japanese studios ? All I see is you and other salty people like : @Ionliosite2 (''totally unexcepted'') , @Yuri_Niji , @MaisUmWeeb , @baldingcheeto being extremely rude to someone without providing absolutely nothing to prove him wrong and borderline cyberbullying him just because you know deep down the 'Konosuba season 3 will need insane profits just to break even' and 'Konosuba s3 will probably need oshi no season 1 sales just to continue. Since it has to cover for its spinoff doing so poor. It will need to make headlines in spring and probably be considered the best anime of all time.' might be true .

phantom346 said:
Don't pay attention to anything this account says.

So users who don't agree with you should not comment on forums . Great mindset .

In other words if you want to counter someone , don't trash talk him but ''destroy'' with your info politely

YubisoftApr 1, 8:13 AM

Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Yubisoft
phantom346 said:
Fake news. The blue ray sales are not the only source of income for the studio

Literally the title : Konosuba season 3 will need insane profits just to break even . Nobody said blu rays are the only most important source of revenue. Blu rays are important for studios in Japan because the Japanese market ... you know .. the priority market of Japan still buys them a lot mainly for collector's reasons etc . The western market where blu ray sales are not good is not important for Japanese studios . They most important source of revenue in general for Japanese studios is the Japanese market .

phantom346 said:
Their main source of income in from selling streaming rights and merch sales.

Can you give us where you got your info that blu ray sales are no longer important for Japanese studios ? All I see is you and other salty people like : @Ionliosite2 (''totally unexcepted'') , @Yuri_Niji , @MaisUmWeeb , @baldingcheeto being extremely rude to someone without providing absolutely nothing to prove him wrong and borderline cyberbullying him just because you know deep down the 'Konosuba season 3 will need insane profits just to break even' and 'Konosuba s3 will probably need oshi no season 1 sales just to continue. Since it has to cover for its spinoff doing so poor. It will need to make headlines in spring and probably be considered the best anime of all time.' might be true .

phantom346 said:
Don't pay attention to anything this account says.

So users who don't agree with you should not comment on forums . Great mindset .

In other words if you want to counter someone , don't trash talk him but ''destroy'' with your info politely

@Yubisoft Blu-rays as a whole are a dying media. They just don’t sell as good as they used to as streaming platforms like Netflix and CrunchyRoll have taken over, especially in Japan where most big anime are just on Netflix or Prime. Or course they do take it into consideration when it comes to sequels, but it isn’t the make or break. Funding from producers and sponsors are the big thing now. Take Chainsaw Mam for example, it got clowned on for its Blu-ray sales and yet we still got a sequel.

People think Blu-ray sales bad = No Sequel but that’s just not the case anymore.

Also, you really need to stop being so soft if you think I was being rude. I’m just stating the obvious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 3:44 PM

May 2021
Reply to Yuri_Niji
@Yubisoft Blu-rays as a whole are a dying media. They just don’t sell as good as they used to as streaming platforms like Netflix and CrunchyRoll have taken over, especially in Japan where most big anime are just on Netflix or Prime. Or course they do take it into consideration when it comes to sequels, but it isn’t the make or break. Funding from producers and sponsors are the big thing now. Take Chainsaw Mam for example, it got clowned on for its Blu-ray sales and yet we still got a sequel.

People think Blu-ray sales bad = No Sequel but that’s just not the case anymore.

Also, you really need to stop being so soft if you think I was being rude. I’m just stating the obvious.
Yuri_Niji said:

Not acknowledging something that you did(or not) on purpose or not doesn't automatically mean that something or the way you said it haven't hurt someone in some way(in general) . I know it might sound strange but it won't hurt you to be a little nicer to people .
Also me wanting to people to act a little nicer on the internet means I am soft . Then I am proud to be part of the ''minority'' and not tough guy like you
YubisoftMar 31, 4:48 PM

Mar 31, 3:53 PM

Apr 2020
That's you assuming a few things:

- The only thing that matters are blue-ray discs, pretty much

- Investors, studios and creators are only interested in short term profit, even tho Konosuba is already an established brand, even in the west

- There's no possibilty of new sponsors coming in

- One spinoff failing means destruction of everything that was build before that, the next season has to cover

- There was an actual big summ of money expected, that the Anime didn't make

- Keeping the Id relevant, by adapting new stuff, has no value, at all

- Reviews on Crunchyroll or other Streaming sites actually matter

IF I treat every single one of these bullet points as if they were hard facts, for some reason, then yes....They're in trouble, I guess.
But I don't....cause we just don't know that much about it^^

Not even saying you're wrong or that they are doing fine, at the moment.
Im just saying - we don't know much about this stuff.
Merve2LoveMar 31, 4:01 PM
Mar 31, 3:54 PM

May 2021
Reply to Yuri_Niji

@Yubisoft
Yuri_Niji said:

I am still waiting for all the people I tagged (or not ) in my original comment to provide proof and info that blu ray sales in Japan is not a important factor when deciding to greenlight a second season

Yuri_Niji said:
ake Chainsaw Mam for example, it got clowned on for its Blu-ray sales and yet we still got a sequel.

This is not a valid example because the manga is extremely popular and had 0% of not getting continuation for the anime adaptation . Can you say for certain that the blu ray sales didn't at least how affect it the production about fast a second season of the anime will come after season 1 . ? (And by fast I mean , studio prioritize other anime before Chainsaw man season 2 etc )

If you want to give an example choose a much less popular anime as an example because not all anime/manga is extremely popular like chainsaw man unfortunately ....

Mar 31, 4:11 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft
Yuri_Niji said:

I am still waiting for all the people I tagged (or not ) in my original comment to provide proof and info that blu ray sales in Japan is not a important factor when deciding to greenlight a second season

Yuri_Niji said:
ake Chainsaw Mam for example, it got clowned on for its Blu-ray sales and yet we still got a sequel.

This is not a valid example because the manga is extremely popular and had 0% of not getting continuation for the anime adaptation . Can you say for certain that the blu ray sales didn't at least how affect it the production about fast a second season of the anime will come after season 1 . ? (And by fast I mean , studio prioritize other anime before Chainsaw man season 2 etc )

If you want to give an example choose a much less popular anime as an example because not all anime/manga is extremely popular like chainsaw man unfortunately ....
@Yubisoft Nagatoro got a second season despite selling below 1000 copies, hell even Shadow House that is less popular and that also sold like shit got a second season. Blu-rays are still important as they can net profit, sure, but that isn't what makes series get new seasons, it depends on the committee behind the production.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

138 by richix64 »»
1 hour ago

» Seeing a lot of complaints over the humor

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 13

40 by Merve2Love »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8

149 by Luthfi_0306 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1

121 by Luthfi_0306 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24

129 by Luthfi_0306 »»
6 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.