Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 22, 9:59 AM
Mar 2024
Episode 3 showed us more about frieren personality and toward her human apprentice(student). This show really captures how human interact, how they handle emotions, and the dialogue is really well written. (Bocchi the rock director really nailed introvert characters)
Mar 22, 10:00 AM
Mar 2024
Episode 3 showed us more about frieren personality and toward her human apprentice(student). This show really captures how human interact, how they handle emotions, and the dialogue is really well written. (Bocchi the rock director really nailed introvert characters)
Mar 22, 3:04 PM
Jan 2021
megaultrasupergoty
Mar 22, 5:27 PM
Apr 2020
Shows just how hard Frieren can go with fights and animation
Mar 23, 11:35 AM
Oct 2021
Melhor anime da minha vida!
Mar 24, 12:26 PM

Aug 2019
you are the brat who flipped my skirt
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 3:59 PM
Dec 2021
Là bộ anime hay nhất đối với tôi
Mar 25, 12:27 AM
Jun 2023
This is a masterpiece
Mar 25, 6:49 PM
Apr 2023
Same thing everything is just perfect
Mar 25, 10:22 PM
Mar 2024
this is very nice, the eps is very intersting
Mar 27, 1:40 PM

Feb 2012
Reply to Mainnus
The second Apple victim this year
@Mainnus can someone give me a breakdown on the perspective of this frame? I've paused it multiple times and couldn't quite figure it out. At first I thought Frieren blasted a hole through the hill behind Qual but there isn't one behind him. Maybe a hole straight into the ground but the water/reflection is still. Perhaps it's just a theatrical thing by the animators to showcase her power?
tinydevil421Mar 30, 7:09 PM
Mar 29, 5:55 AM

Jul 2013
Frieren is so old she's seen how a once deadly offensive magic be reduced to something that's easily defended. Kinda like smallpox. She doesn't just live long does she? She's immortal. 80 years and she hasn't aged a day.
Mar 29, 2:30 PM

Aug 2011
Beautiful episode!! it's hard to believe we'rejust on e3 ! Beautiful animation!! )))
Mar 30, 12:37 PM
May 2023
i love the melancholic theme of this anime and how it still manages to have a lot of funny moments in it
Mar 30, 12:39 PM
May 2023
i love the melancholic theme of this anime and how it still manages to have a lot of funny moments in it
Mar 30, 6:38 PM
Jun 2022
Zzzzzzzzzxxzzzzzxzzxxxzzzzzzzzzx
Mar 31, 6:36 AM
Feb 2024
unique, enjoyable, most of anime i watched don't have that
Mar 31, 11:01 AM
Jan 2023
Jalan cerita yang luar biasa
Apr 2, 6:34 PM
Dec 2016
i really liked how they established the magic system as something that grows over time.
Apr 2, 9:21 PM
May 2023
this anime is freaking masterpeace blud
Apr 5, 1:23 PM
May 2023
Maaan this feels like Inuyasha ✨✨✨
Apr 11, 9:10 AM
Mar 2021
after a long day at work, watching "Sousou no Frieren" really calms down the mind and gets rid of all the stress.
Apr 15, 10:34 PM

Aug 2016
So far I can see how this could get to a point where it earns the heaps of critical acclaim it's gotten, but I feel like there's a good chance I'm going to ultimately come away thinking "Violet Evergarden did it better."

Part of that is my own distaste for the soft magic and lazy worldbuilding most anime fantasy falls into (by that I mean the archetypical fantasy, series like Hunter x Hunter, Dorohedoro, FMAB, etc are some of the best fantasy worlds I've ever seen) and I do worry that Freiren's world is going to fail to differentiate itself from the standard affair—it certainly hasn't done so yet even if it's not the worst offender. I would love to be proven wrong in time but I don't have my hopes too high in that department.

The production itself is still top-notch at least. Again, my only critique is that—as much as I like the song—Yoasobi sounds too modern for an archetypical fantasy story. The rest of the music fits brilliantly, which only makes it stick out like a sore thumb. It's too modern and electronic (even if I do like the song).

Apr 15, 11:29 PM
Oct 2022
She’s plotting. She’s obviously spoiling her own suprise by the looks of it. Better than heavy bones or strange potion. The collector is capable to saving. He can tell what she wants to eat. They are still up to nothing at all. Magic theory and history. It’s threatening to get interesting. Qual and Zoltrock better not be a chimploonie task. A spell with that much power shouldn’t exist. Boo. They already invented the perfect counter to the strongest attack ever before we even saw it used. (Now I think about it I like the concept, the original boo was because of how short and meaningless the fight was clearly going to be because of that.) It was a painfully short but good looking fight. She kills him with his own life’s work. At least there was A fight. I guess I wasn’t expecting the right show coming into this.
TheVistrianApr 16, 8:04 PM
Apr 16, 6:47 AM

Feb 2021
Too long get sealed that his magic just becomes an ordinary offence spell...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 21, 7:26 PM
Dec 2022
Nice Episode. The animation is perfect.
Apr 22, 11:58 PM
Aug 2022
Amazing episode i loved it
Apr 23, 10:00 AM
Nov 2016
Zajebisty odcinek, polecam. Taki se
Apr 23, 10:00 AM
Nov 2016
Zajebisty odcinek, polecam. Taki se
Apr 27, 11:30 AM
Dec 2023
O ritmo do anime é lento e segue com uma temática depressiva sobre o passado. É muito bom se vc gosta de drama. Mas não me cativou o bastante para seguir com os personagens. A personagem principal me passa uma sensação de passividade que me deu um pouco de raiva.

Pontos positivos: o desenho é bonito.

Pontos negativos: lentidão e pouco estímulo de curiosidade.
Apr 29, 5:44 PM
May 2020
visually the episode is just so beautiful, and although the fight was short it was fun
May 5, 6:12 AM

Apr 2013
I don't know how that fight could've been any better tbh. From the fact that his ultra-strong magic back then was outdated after 80 years and could easily be countered, to the end when Frieren defeated him with his own magic that he himself could not block. Another amazing episode.
May 8, 5:23 PM

Nov 2023
Honestly very nice anime. The magic of this world feels very real and alive too. Great worldbuilding to be honest. Also, the persistence of Humans to overcome anything is evident in this anime! Zoltraak's magic, which used to be very advanced 80 years ago, has become basic offensive magic. LMAO. Humans are really different creatures.
May 8, 6:28 PM
Apr 2024
It was good and i like it
May 10, 4:41 PM
Apr 2020
extremely bad yy shit take
May 12, 2:54 PM
Apr 2024
It was pretty Charming...
May 12, 6:43 PM
Jan 2022
Interesting fight scene and touching episode
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced

deg - Yesterday

33 by Blonde_Shogun »»
51 minutes ago

» Your favourite Frieren soundtrack ( 1 2 )

E-Satie - Apr 16

55 by Gator »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Do you like Übel's armpits? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Mar 18

87 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Would you ask Ubel on a date?

Shizuna - May 6

43 by Gator »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Which mage would you rather have as your mentor?

Moonshine_cookie - Apr 30

37 by Gator »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.