Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2023 7:30 AM

May 2020
Kana being super simple she is, I mean she’s weak when people are assertive to her, so it goes without saying she agreed to be the group's center right? Lol, and she was refusing both Ruby and Memcho so harshly. But that just didn’t have to do with her being hesitant on taking a new role or something, it goes back to the setbacks she went through in her child actor days, which may or may not have unintentionally contributed to her low self-esteem today. 

Though hey having someone by your side who could support you through such times is all people need. Needless to say, a certain someone did arrive.. yep you guessed it right, that good-for-nothing emoji faced youtuber. He did help girls and Kana to morale themselves through what is their biggest challenge yet, but I mean we know this show loves it twists, them being however lame, and so we found it was none other than our very own omnipotent neighbour, Aqua. 

Putting the issue with him aside, it’s finally the big day. Girls are ready to give it their all, albeit Kana being still hesitant, but we know being the prodigy she is, it’s another field day for her. Their performance next week, which also is the last week, means the last episode… fucking finally. 
Jun 21, 2023 7:30 AM
Aug 2022
Aqua-Kun's Acting(imitating) Skill is On Another Level!!!!!!

Man!! We know Aqua-Kun have no intention to Hurt Kana-san's Feelings but now the way this is going he's unintentionally hurting her feelings & there are some personal problem she's (kana-Chan) currently facing but it seems like this time She(Ruby-Chan) Cheered up Her(Kana-San).
Finally the big day has arrived Japan Idol Festival(JIF),
😆😆 Ruby-chan in the idol outfit Super Kawaiiii 💘.

Man!! The Ending Cliffhanger Kana-San Kawaiiii.
I'm Super Excited to See the 1st Debut of Revived B Komachi.
I'm Really excited for next FINAL Banger Episode 🔥🔥.
Thanks for watching EP#10.

I Still Miss Her(Ai-San) A Lot.💗💗💔🥺
Ricky16Jun 21, 2023 11:38 PM
Jun 21, 2023 7:33 AM

Feb 2018
Who's duck guy identity?
Jun 21, 2023 7:35 AM

Nov 2020
This is the first step for B Komachi to shine. Also 1 more episode to end :(
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jun 21, 2023 7:40 AM

Jan 2021
Fun facts about the real Pieyon: He is speculated to actually be Kazeno from Kaguya-sama: Love is War, a well-known rom-com also created by Aka Akasaka, which is many times confirmed to take place in the same universe as Oshi no Ko. How funny that they literally have Kazeno's voice actor, Taishi Murata, be the same voice actor for Pieyon. They freaking knew what they were doing! Let them cook.
Aka Akasaka Cinematic Universe, hahaha

Another great episode, as usual. Next episode will be the last episode of this season.

Bruh, the tracksuit hiding Aqua's skinny body, it was obvious it was Aqua the whole time impersonating Pieyon, covering the real one. Aqua doing the bird voice hahaha.
Gorou Amemiya, the doctor was Ruby's first love, and the reason she wants to be an idol is because he promised to become a fan if she ever did. She believes he is still alive and well. This hurts, man.
Kana is an amazing girl, she wasn't primarily concerned about her own well-being but rather about ensuring that the other two individuals didn't experience failure.
Oshi no Ko episode 10 explores a unique theme in anime: the struggles of child actors. It delves into the pressure they face, the fear of failure, and the impact it has on their young lives. Unlike kids in sports who learn about winning and losing, child actors experience the highs of fame and the crushing blow of losing it all. This episode poignantly portrays how this can warp their perception of success, robbing them of a carefree childhood.
Oshi no Ko fearlessly exposes the dark side of fame and success in the entertainment industry, including the toxicity of the idol world and the struggles faced by characters like Kana. Her journey resonates as she transforms from a confident actress to someone paralyzed by the fear of failure.
Kana, a once proud child actress, grapples with feelings of failure and doubts about pursuing dreams. The episode showcases her heartbreaking journey and the support she receives from other characters, encouraging her to try again despite the risk of failure.
Kana's story sheds light on a significant issue in the entertainment industry: the lack of protection and guidance for child actors. It's disheartening to hear about former child actors who have taken their own lives due to the overwhelming pressure and feeling like failures. Kana's character reveals the consequences of lacking parental guidance during crucial moments, leaving her ill-equipped to handle the emotional toll of early fame.
While the episode has its lighthearted moments, Kana's lack of confidence remains the main obstacle for the group. If she can overcome her insecurities, she has the potential to become a formidable presence. Nevertheless, Kana's story highlights a pressing issue in the entertainment industry, where child actors and prodigies can suffer long-term effects from early exposure to the media. It's a thought-provoking aspect of Oshi no Ko that deserves attention and discussion.
The next episode is going to be a banger. I'm excited to see their first performance.

Thanks for the meal.

@hugo213546879
YuyuichiJun 23, 2023 3:46 PM
Jun 21, 2023 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, this episode bought a smile to my face mainly for the character chemistry and idols. There was still drama thanks to Kana...but seriously, the fact that she refuses to be center was a source of annoyance.

So glad to see Pieyon taking the spotlight again though. The most charismatic character in the show imo. Hope he also makes an appearance in the finale.
Jun 21, 2023 8:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
My favorite chapter got adapted in this and I loved every second of it :')
Jun 21, 2023 8:25 AM
Sep 2021
Kana arima focus was good, it helped to understand her personality, feelings etc, which helped me to appreciate this character better.
Jun 21, 2023 8:27 AM

Feb 2021
I'm kinda surprised by how fast B Komachi is set to debut, after watching The Idolm@ster for so long, I thought it would take them quite a while until they debuted...
Jun 21, 2023 8:33 AM

Dec 2022
well i didnt expect aqua to be pieyon also arima puts herself down too much also the stage performance will be the end how fitting
Jun 21, 2023 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
Oshi no Ko Wednesday and a Kana focused episode oh my goodness we ate good. This and next week are going to be my fave episodes of the season, I’m so excited to see B-Komachi’s first performance.

They did such a good job of showing how nervous Kana is, and her insecurities. Love that “The more cowardly the puppy the louder it barks” quote from Ruby. It really does sum up Kana in general. She acts abrasive to cover up her own insecurities. She’s such a cute and kind girl who’s just been thru some shit.

Her seiyuu was phenomenal today as well. Really added some extra weight to those scenes with she and Ruby as well as her inner monologues. I love how natural she sounds.

Excited for next week, but sad at the same time since it’ll be the last ep
Marinate1016Jun 21, 2023 8:57 AM
Jun 21, 2023 8:38 AM

Feb 2021
The new B-Komachi was in the OP the whole time btw
Eyy they're using the insert songs from episode 1! They are all on the official YT channel btw: https://youtu.be/A9ZC_917IvU
Holup, is that really Aqua...? No way.
So one of the reasons Ruby is doing this is to find Gorou... And she named the group B-komachi so he can recognize and find it... But now he's her brother... awkward
That's actually him damn! It was nice to hear Pieyon's natural voice too.
Poor Kana man, but Ruby's here to say the right thing and cheer her up! I really loved how this episode was focused on her, Kana's such a good character
Last episode next week with new new B-Komachi performance! Really excited but also sad
EmbientJun 21, 2023 8:42 AM
Jun 21, 2023 8:38 AM
Aug 2020
So Ruby still has a crush on the doc 👀
Sweet Home Alabama 🎵
Jun 21, 2023 8:40 AM

Mar 2021
It was great to see a Kana focused episode loved learning more about her feelings and fears, looking forward to seeing the girls making their Idol debuts next episode
Jun 21, 2023 8:43 AM
May 2021
Sheesh gassed to see Kana’s performance next week!!
Jun 21, 2023 8:51 AM

Jan 2018
Kana is wearing a t-shirt that says baking soda. Bruh.

Only one episode left. The lead-up to the new B Komachi debut is going smoothly. I can't wait for the finale.
Jun 21, 2023 8:53 AM
Jan 2022
The new idol group is finally doing what the love. More relationship developments too. Almost last episode...
Jun 21, 2023 8:57 AM

Mar 2012
Just one more episode to go and there's no progress in finding the real culprit behind Ai's murder.
Jun 21, 2023 8:58 AM

May 2020
and that's why Arima kana is best girl
another amazing ep
cant wait for the final to air

Jun 21, 2023 8:59 AM

Sep 2009
Syureria said:
Who's duck guy identity?
A lot of evidence he is the cheerleader squad captain from Kaguya-sama, but no offiial confirmation besides similar look and the same VA.
Jun 21, 2023 9:00 AM

Apr 2022
I can't believe they didn't catch on that Aqua was impersonating Pieyon, also I'm very sad that it's so close to being over
Jun 21, 2023 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
Kana finally regaining the confidence in herself. Her eyes look revitalized with hope now. Kudos to Ruby and Aqua for helping her pick herself back up.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ruby having a crush on the doctor was something I either overlooked or just hadn't seen at all. I wonder if it's going to be a problem in the future.

I'm not  as big on Kana as others are in here, so this episode wasn't homerun for me like some others. Would have liked to see more spread of scenes and actions across the cast.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 2016
Aqua really just had a heart-to-heart with Kana in Pieyon's helium voice under a duck mask. He has my respect for that alone tbh

Wasn't expecting Ruby's mindset at the end to be so elegant for how simple it was. We'll probably fail, but go big anyway.
Jun 21, 2023 9:03 AM

Apr 2022
Syureria said:
Who's duck guy identity?

kek'd at this avatar
Jun 21, 2023 9:04 AM

Mar 2020
The more this show goes along, the more I love how Kana's character has been developed, as she is trying to a person that is easy to get along with, easy to persuade, the leader of the group, but in reality, she was as nervous as the others. Her morale is at a low, but it's good to know that people support her, and there was zero doubt in my mind that the face behind "Pieyon" was indeed Aqua. Not sure if I was the biggest fan of that direction, but I suppose it works for the narrative.

That last scene with Kana and Ruby was very beautiful, both visually and narratively, with both of them being nervous, and Kana stating that she has failed a lot in the past, so she doesn't want Ruby to face that same pain that she faced. I really liked that moment. I really find Kana's character moments like that to be the most enjoyable in this series thus far, and it's where I am most invested in. Seeing how Ruby is right now with how happy she looks, I fear that she'll have a tough dose of reality, but Kana wants to stop that from happening, and I hope they succeed in their performance in the finale. 
Jun 21, 2023 9:05 AM

May 2019
What a great Kana focused episode. It's great that it showed her background and why she didn't want to not only be an idol but also not be the center, that is because she doesn't want the other girls to take the fall with her if the group fails. However, Ruby with a great inspirational comeback in that she just wants them to have fun on their debut regardless if they "fail."

Regarding Pieyon, I didn't know it was Aqua until Ruby and Mem mentioned how the body part looked more like Aqua than Pieyon himself and that explained how he had more time to train the girls daily. Although Kana finding out its actually Aqua she has more mixed feelings, man I'm hoping she find out the Akane kiss was part of an act and not real feelings but at least Ruby cheered her up a bit.

Their maroon colored outfits, they look gorgeous, I'm looking forward to their first performance in the season finale.
Jun 21, 2023 9:05 AM

Jul 2019
This is the worst type of censorship
Jun 21, 2023 9:12 AM

Aug 2022
Can't believe that there's only one more episode left. 
Jun 21, 2023 9:12 AM
Aug 2016
Wasn't really hard to guess who that slim body belonged to haha. I also love how this show builds its characters so deeply. I'm so ready for the show in the finale! 🤩
Jun 21, 2023 9:16 AM
Jun 2022
The episode shows that Kana is someone who can't really expressed her feelings well, just like how she doesn't want to bring embarrassment to Mem-cho and ruby either way I was still a good episode and I wonder how they will wrap up things next episode 5/5 episode
Jun 21, 2023 9:17 AM

Jul 2017
As Kana preps being the center of the newly-revitalized B-Komachi group, too bad that both Ruby and MEM-cho couldn't hide the fact from her, for a moment in the former's life as a child actor that she wanted to forget all about. But as time passes, Kana is proving herself to be one valuable role despite the contradictions of her feelings. And to help spur their progress, Pieyon is back...to give them hell that's beneficial for the long run. To the close one, Pieyon follows Kana to a T like a hardcore fan, and his perception draws a kindred spirit between him and Kana, that she thought that it would be better to ditch Aqua for him instead. They couldn't be farther from the truth: Aqua was the face behind Pieyon while the actual YouTuber was resting on the beach, and a mere impersonation would help her release her heart a tad bit. Ruby sharing to Kana about her dreams before her reincarnation as Ai's kids, and the sick girl would've been delighted if the doctor were always there for her, which for Kana, her life has been one beating from one point to the next.

Welp, more than Kana realizing that it's Aqua under the mask of Pieyon, it's the Japan Idol Festival, and she ended up not getting some sleep from the shock. The festival with a huge stage as a dressing room for the underground groups, it's overkill, but Kana can't afford to fail, not after the countless auditions she did that did not attract any attention in her past, not even as a child actor. And now, Kana has to lead both Ruby and MEM-cho, and this time, she is confident to pull off her newest endeavor: as a rookie idol.

Nice Kana episode! Provides much needed perspective for the former child actor, now an idol.
Jun 21, 2023 9:28 AM

Dec 2015
Kana is best girl and this episode just cements it for me. She is just so precious!!!

Also Kana falling for Pieyon so that she can forget Aqua, reminded me of Suguha falling for Kirito to forget Kazuto. Glad Kana found out the truth quickly, before things got worse xD

20230621 181758 by CamKoudo

I do wonder tho, whether Ruby and Aqua will ever find out about each other's true identities and how Ruby especially would handle it...
Jun 21, 2023 9:31 AM
Mar 2023
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA kana we believe in you
Jun 21, 2023 9:34 AM

Mar 2023
SO MUCH depth into kana's character. can't wait to see B Komachi shine! ( ^∀^)
Jun 21, 2023 9:36 AM
Dec 2020
Ckea said:
Kana is best girl and this episode just cements it for me. She is just so precious!!!

Also Kana falling for Pieyon so that she can forget Aqua, reminded me of Suguha falling for Kirito to forget Kazuto. Glad Kana found out the truth quickly, before things got worse xD

20230621 181758 by CamKoudo

I do wonder tho, whether Ruby and Aqua will ever find out about each other's true identities and how Ruby especially would handle it...

long kana moment fr
Jun 21, 2023 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
WINCEST!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO

Jun 21, 2023 9:41 AM

Dec 2020
Kana Arim was on focus this episode she really has it not eazy going through this alone good that ruby and Aqua aka piyeon cheers her on.
Next episode is the concert nice.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 21, 2023 9:48 AM
Dec 2022
Syureria said:
Who's duck guy identity?

I have a theory that he is Aqua's father 😂😂
Jun 21, 2023 9:53 AM

Jul 2014
And we got a cliff hanger on the part we waiting for, it was also sad when Ruby remembered old Aqua
Jun 21, 2023 10:05 AM
Dec 2021
is this notif not a troll?
Jun 21, 2023 10:06 AM

Oct 2022
Oh. with only one episode left to air, the expectations for the finale is high.
This episode was great focusing on Kana showing heo she truly feels and her past experiences in the entertainment industry.

Next episode better be good to conclude this season of Oshi No Ko.

And why was that word censored and what does it mean ? If anyone knows.
Jun 21, 2023 10:06 AM
May 2023
Kana best girl, i luv her
Jun 21, 2023 10:11 AM
Oct 2020
Ending was damn good! Ruby looked like Ai at the end, with her oozing enthusiasm. Really rooting for Kana's mental health though! She needs to stop having such self depreciating thoughts.
Jun 21, 2023 10:13 AM
Apr 2023
So good! Just one last episode to go. Been such a great anime and I have loved every episode! Cannot wait for next week!
Jun 21, 2023 10:13 AM
Jun 2023
will they ever show us the real face of pieyon?
Jun 21, 2023 10:26 AM
Apr 2023
Main focus is Kana and the pressure she is feeling of making sure the group will not fail.

Funny parts are when Aqua is doing a penguin voice and Kana falling for the same person twice.

But I have to say, it's like a coincidence that episodes 9 and 10 are like released almost at the same time chapters 120 and 121 of the manga were. Said chapters and episodes both also feature Ruby and her past life as Sarina but the anime episodes and manga chapters are presented in polar opposite vibes, like presenting a contrast of then and now.

Anyway, excited for the First Stage in the coming finale. Can't wait for Aqua's wotagei.
Jun 21, 2023 10:35 AM
May 2020
You know the character writing is amazing when you can tell a character's in disguise completely based off their personality, with no knowledge beforehand that they are in that disguise. Aqua being disguised as Pieyon was a beautiful way to display the mask that everyone puts on themselves in order to strive in the entertainment industry, for Aqua puts on a mask over himself, therefore devaluing his own kindness for the sake of his revenge. It circles back to the theme centered around Akane Kurokawa, if Kana Arima never accepted the challenge of failing as it is, then she would never get to see herself as who she wants to be, forever to be a shell of her true self, masking even her personality. It even applies to something as simple as her holding back her bad mouth. The symbolism in the theme of masks is outstanding in this anime so far and I have seen it in most characters so far, and it seems to be growing into a major center theme of the story. Without a mask, how will you take all of the hate?
Jun 21, 2023 10:43 AM
Sep 2020
Good character development episode, excellent use of time. Kept me enthralled even though I knew what would happen. Can't wait for the concert.
Jun 21, 2023 10:44 AM
Jun 2023
sadasdSADASDASDSADASDSADSADADASDasDASddadad
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular?

Mattenan - Yesterday

45 by SCAREDgorilla »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.