Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2022 1:41 PM
Dec 2021
it's a masterpiece
Dec 24, 2022 1:57 PM

Jun 2020
What a performance

This anime is definitely one for the ages. The amount of references, the struggles of becoming a full fledged guitarist, the hardship the anime shows; this show is Anime of the Year in my heart, right alongside Do It Yourself!!. The animation was unique, the CGI was decent; used for jokes, phenomenal soundtrack, great characters. I hope this gets a second season, it absolutely deserves it. I know I'll be following Kessoku Band from here on out.

KANLen09 said:

Still though, you can't deny that Bocchi the Rock! is definitely AOTS material, and a last-minute potential AOTY.

Bocchi the Rock!'s FINAL MAIN PV for your enjoyment:

To the future, and onwards!

Want a anime song playlist?
Check this one out.

Want to learn how to edit your text?
Here's the BBcode guide.
Dec 24, 2022 1:59 PM

Apr 2008
MASTERPIECE

Best rock anime. So beautiful, so fun, so good. I LOVED IT!
Dec 24, 2022 2:00 PM
Jul 2019

Serafos
That was a great performance! Good job, girls! We are all so proud of you. :)
Bocchi even got a new guitar. I'm happy for her.
This was a good show. Let's hope for a second season. There's never too much CGDCT in this world.
Serafos said:
That was a great performance! Good job, girls! We are all so proud of you. :)
Bocchi even got a new guitar. I'm happy for her.
This was a good show. Let's hope for a second season. There's never too much CGDCT in this world.

let's us enjoy because next season there aren't CGDCT...... Merry Christmas!!!!

Dec 24, 2022 2:01 PM
Jul 2019
KANLen09 said:
Day 2 of the 31st Shuka High School Culture Festival, and Kessoku Band rocks out their usual style, just like they were in the livehouse.

But it's clear that there's a form of uneasiness where Bocchi's guitar string broke at the wrong timing and plus one due to a broken peg, and worries strewn on her face. Kita being the winggirl by ad-libbing her lead guitar support just in time for her solo part, and that's ingenious. With a performance on the docks, everyone did a good job, but especially Bocchi...she did the ONE thing that nobody expected: by jumping into the audience, thinking that they will support her with their arms, just like Hiroi. YELP Bocchi, I feel for you when that attempt bombed lols. As the school festival winds down, Bocchi made a name for herself: the legendary stage diver.

Back at home, doing a dogeza in front of her dad because she lent and broke his guitar, it felt as if like her father was driving Bocchi to madness. But the amount of hefty cash is serviceable enough for repairs that's earned from her YouTube account, oh ho...so the "guitarhero" account is a family-shared one, no wonder they were looking at the videos and comments posted of their own daughter's immense growth. Still, 300k yen and feeling like she's ready to be Super Saiyan and quit her job, haha. No way that's happening, girl.

Getting a present for Nijika's older sister Seika, Bocchi goes all head-banging metal rock, I can't fathom the absurdity LELS. Finding a new guitar, but not having the shop assistant just creep up beside her, she's too easily shocked at the sudden interaction. But eventually it's a new one that she got from her dad's replacement, and while it feels great to hold, it's her confidence that has grown overtime and gave her the spirit to even step out of the house and continue life as she knows it.

WHAT A SHOW. Not the best CGDCT I've had, but it's obviously the case where "animation carried the show", and God bless me that this show is elevated to the highest degree.

Still though, you can't deny that Bocchi the Rock! is definitely AOTS material, and a last-minute potential AOTY.

Nice comment! I had fun watching the anime and I hope it gets a second season. There are more 240 thousands followers in Twitter account.
Dec 24, 2022 2:13 PM

Jun 2021
This episode ended up really being an amalgamation of what makes this show so damn good. It would have been nice to hear that final song, but Hitori breaking her guitar and botching a stage dive is peak Bocchi the Rock energy. Although I feel a little angry at Kita for putting her on the spot like that. They still nailed the performance, and they're well on their way to glory.

We've got the rest of the episode to do some more peak Bocchi things. One thing I would like to point out is I'm not exactly sure if Hitori's bandmates or even her freakin' family truly know the extent of her mental illness. I get that her little sister might be a little perplexed by it given that's she's a tiny child (even though I myself came to the realisation that death is inevitable and life is pain when I was six), but with the others it would nice to say if Hitori's finding it difficult to talk to a stranger they could just say "oh. she's not good with talking to people", you know? As someone with mental illness, I would have appreciated the idea that the people around me were aware and did their best to make others aware. That one phrase helps a lot. Meanwhile her family just stares in awe when she apologises to her old guitar like she's some kind of freak. At least they were supportive enough to save up all that SWEET YOUTUBE MONEY! DAMN HITORI, MAKE THAT BREAD, GIRL!!

Another day on the job. That is definitely leaving the door opening for a second season. If any anime I've watched this season 100% deserves a continuation, it is this one.

This was one of my favourite shows this season. And now I'm going to just talk about why for a bit. First, the characters. With the whole mental illness thing I can easily connect with characters going through similar struggles, and Hitori was the perfect encapsulation of what mental illness and social anxiety in particular can feel like. Nijika, Ryo and Kita also have their moments, but Hitori is clearly the star of the show. Kikrui was also a fucking great character, but only because she was a hilarious pisshead. I also liked PA-san (she was cute and she deserved more screentime and dialogue), and Kikuri's bandmates were pretty rad too for the few seconds they were on screen. Next, the art and animation. Cloverworks kicked off this year with Akebi's Sailor Uniform, which was also a masterstroke of beautiful art and animation, and they've ended the year with a tour de force! The animation carried this show, some might not like how much it fluctuates but that is all part of the joke, whenever Hitori goes into full anxiety mode the ways they showcased that were genius. Complete changes in animation style, the little notches on Hitori, the animation going completely insane, all fantastic. But I also loved the still backgrounds. There was a slight dillution to them that blended it really well with the foreground, it felt almost scenic in a way and I love they gave me one more opportunity to admire that but sticking some stills of the environment through the end credits.

Not to mention all the goddamn references and visual gags, this was a very visual show and some of those gags were laugh out loud funny. Of course my favourite being Hitori getting pecked by some birds and then dying in a crater like Yamcha. That gag alone cemented this as my anime of the season (although there is one other series that affected me in a different way that might give it some competition...)

This was so much fun to watch, you gave me a character I really connected with and everything else about the production was stellar in its own unique way. I love Bocchi the Rock and I absolutely want to see more!

10 out of 10. A perfect encapsulation of what mental illness is, one's journey to overcome it and the all the little odd things that happen along the way. I support you with all of my power, Hitori.
Dec 24, 2022 2:28 PM

Nov 2022
Their performance felt a bit lackluster especially compared to previous performances. The rest of the episode was fantastic but I couldn't get over it, I feel like the finale should've been more hype.
Dec 24, 2022 2:35 PM

Aug 2019
this is probably the first time I have watched an anime that has aired in the past couple years now that I feel deserves like a 9-10 to be honest, man this show had me in awe the entire time

I really pray this gets a sequel, doesn’t even have to be soon but as long as one comes out eventually that’ll be enough for me
Dec 24, 2022 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
I'll miss the show very much but I do feel hopeful for a season 2. This was an awesome final episode with so many screenshot-worthy moments!!

Great animation of the girls playing the instruments!

I totally relate to this but the crowdsurfing!? WHYYY Bocchi? šŸ˜­ I haven't been this second-hand embarrassed by a failed crowdsurf attempt since School of Rock

Another Jimi Hendrix reference, nice!!

I just screenshotted this to use as a reaction image

I loved everything about the music shop scene. They put care into drawing all the individual guitars. More Easter eggs for classic rock fans - see the Van Halen Frankenstrat guitars in the background behind Bocchi

That introvert struggle when an overbearing retail employee won't stop talking to you
removed-userDec 24, 2022 2:55 PM
Dec 24, 2022 2:43 PM
Dec 2022
Amazing, Love bocchi she is my favourite
Dec 24, 2022 2:45 PM
Apr 2020
10/10 best episode
Dec 24, 2022 2:46 PM

Oct 2014
Kita foreshadow. Next season's gonna have just a little bit more depresso, it seems.
Dec 24, 2022 2:52 PM

Oct 2014
vvvvjuuu said:
Their performance felt a bit lackluster especially compared to previous performances. The rest of the episode was fantastic but I couldn't get over it, I feel like the finale should've been more hype.
It looks to me they didn't have enough time this time. Like there are cuts that would easily be fully animated before. This time they just went scenery cut (which makes perfect sense since they timed it with the lyrics being sung, but still not animated scene).
Putting the live show at the beginning of the episode also kinda sucked out the hype a bit, since the buildup for this moment was in the previous episode.

It's still a solid episode, in the end, tho. If anything it does a good job in leaving people with the feeling of wanting more.
Dec 24, 2022 2:59 PM

Jun 2017
Bocchi the absolute madlass. Didn't expect that crowd dive. lol

This was a great ride from start to finish and I dare say it even overdelivered a lot cause I totally didn't expect such quality at all from CGDCT.

Nov 2022
Revvie-chan said:
vvvvjuuu said:
It looks to me they didn't have enough time this time. Like there are cuts that would easily be fully animated before. This time they just went scenery cut (which makes perfect sense since they timed it with the lyrics being sung, but still not animated scene).
Putting the live show at the beginning of the episode also kinda sucked out the hype a bit, since the buildup for this moment was in the previous episode.

It's still a solid episode, in the end, tho. If anything it does a good job in leaving people with the feeling of wanting more.
Yeah, some scenes that should've been emphasized like bocchi using the can as a slide (rock asf) felt like they were brushed over, I reread the chapter in the manga and it was definitely better I can't lie. Regardless, this was a really good anime and I'm certainly looking forward to any future announcements. 
Sep 2019
Nailed down great the series. I felt a rollercoaster of sentiments watching Bocchi´s walk through the entire anime and the 12ep is just more of what made me like it so much, great music,comedy and characters. Problably the best of the season for me and maybe if you dont count sequels, the best of the year too
Dec 24, 2022 3:01 PM
Jan 2021
The concert was so stunning and the performance of Kita was incredible. Great episode
Dec 24, 2022 3:08 PM
Sep 2021
This episode was beautiful. The music was so amazing I think i'm going to tear up man :,)
Dec 24, 2022 3:27 PM

Dec 2013
What an amazing show, the studio really put their heart on the animation, what I really appreciate is that it feels like Hitori grew as a person and it doesn't feel as stuck on the same status quo that's a give for the genre, the only "complaint" I have is that unfortunately I didn't care about the song themselves.
Dec 24, 2022 3:30 PM
Feb 2022
SEASON 2! SEASON 2! SEASON 2!
Dec 24, 2022 3:32 PM

Nov 2008
10/10. I laughed I cried I threw up I got everything I could've wanted from a comedy. Legendary. Iconic. Beautiful. Bocchi delivered every single week.
Dec 24, 2022 3:46 PM

Jul 2013
That first half was fire! I loved the song they played at the end. Was that Bocchi's VA singing I wonder? It sounds like her. Now that it has ended, I feel like a husk...
Dec 24, 2022 3:52 PM

Aug 2021
Bocchi we thank you eternally for brightening up these weeks.
Dec 24, 2022 3:57 PM
Oct 2020
I thought this was going to be good but wow it was amazing. 10/10 adaption. 
Dec 24, 2022 3:59 PM
Dec 2022
With excellent daily endingļ¼ŒI hardly could bear to next season.
Dec 24, 2022 4:00 PM

Dec 2007
Dude I thought there would be some epic Bocchi shredding scene, not her breaking her guitar and nothing else. Really disappointed about the last episode. Overall great series but I was too hyped for some epic concert :D
Definitely needs a second season. Also do others beside Nijika know that Bocchi is famous online?

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Dec 24, 2022 4:01 PM
Aug 2021
it's absolutely perfect.
Dec 24, 2022 4:11 PM
Dec 2017
Just wanna say that the cover of Korogaru Iwa, Kimi Ni Asa Ga Furu caught me off guard but felt like a very good song to conclude the anime to. With so many connections to Asian Kung Fu Generation held within the show it felt like such a perfect conclusion. 
Dec 24, 2022 4:12 PM

Apr 2015
amazing show, just 10/10. i dont remember if there ever was a show that exceeded my expectations so much as bocchi the rock. truly, i will remember this show for a very long time. i hope there is a season two and with as much passion behind it as with here.
Dec 24, 2022 4:14 PM

Jan 2008
Really enjoyed this show, definitely one of my favorites this season. The visual/animation choices for Bocchi throughout the show were so entertaining to see and her social anxiety, while extreme, was very relatable to a certain degree. I do wish there was maybe a few more musical scenes. Maybe its rise of popularity may lead to another season, one can only hope.
Dec 24, 2022 4:21 PM
Jan 2022
fuck man i'm going to miss this show so much
Dec 24, 2022 4:30 PM

May 2020
this is the first time i feel the emptiness after finishing an anime since kaiji T_T

https://youtu.be/1-o7fmQqSNg
defaulticusDec 24, 2022 4:38 PM
Dec 24, 2022 4:36 PM
Dec 2022
This Anime make me want to play guitar
Dec 24, 2022 4:38 PM

Dec 2008
Welp, the last episode. For me it was the best anime this season.
One day, Bocchi's family was like: "We love the smell of child labour in the morning". Also, correct me if I'm wrong, father's face has been nowhere to be seen throughout the series? That means before starting the family, he must have been a hentai protagonist.
Also, that body slam at the beginning 10/10, would see the mc saying goodbye to all her bones once again. That was truly magnificient brainfart moment.

I just realised that both Bocchi anime have the blonde with orange eyes, extroverted friend that upends introvert's life.

Dec 24, 2022 4:44 PM
Jan 2020
I LOVE BOCCHI THE ROCK YIPPEE I WILL BUY EVERY MANGA NOW :D
Dec 24, 2022 5:02 PM
Dec 2022
keep go on TOPPPPPPPPPP
Dec 24, 2022 5:09 PM

Jan 2022
Bocchi the Rock. (It was epic)
I like everything, ok
Dec 24, 2022 5:25 PM
Nov 2020
Kita was truly Gotou's hero and MVP when she needed her most.

We had more of BoKita until the end.
Dec 24, 2022 5:27 PM
Dec 2022
well adapted manga.
Dec 24, 2022 5:31 PM

Aug 2013
KANLen09 said:
This PV man, God I just can't let go a show that always make me super pumped throughout the week until Saturday.
b0177Dec 24, 2022 5:36 PM

English is my second language
Dec 24, 2022 5:34 PM
Dec 2021
Great adaptation, Cloverworks! Hope we get a second season.
Dec 24, 2022 5:39 PM
Jan 2019
Thank you! Hope this anime will have 2nd season.
Dec 24, 2022 5:45 PM
Feb 2013
absolute bopperoonie
Dec 24, 2022 5:47 PM
May 2021
Gonna get the OST for this and play it every day until we get a second season!
Dec 24, 2022 5:49 PM

Nov 2017
Thank you super ultra ventriloquist doll bocchi.

Dec 24, 2022 5:56 PM

Feb 2014
Bocchi da ROCK!!! That crowd surfing fail and headbanging entry to the store was the highlight of Bocchi' bizzare interactions. And damn someone needs to balance Ryo's money or she gonna suck poor Bocchi dry out of funds.
Never completed  K-On but this show is making me go back to it.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 24, 2022 5:59 PM
Aug 2022
KANLen09 said:
Day 2 of the 31st Shuka High School Culture Festival, and Kessoku Band rocks out their usual style, just like they were in the livehouse.

But it's clear that there's a form of uneasiness where Bocchi's guitar string broke at the wrong timing and plus one due to a broken peg, and worries strewn on her face. Kita being the winggirl by ad-libbing her lead guitar support just in time for her solo part, and that's ingenious. With a performance on the docks, everyone did a good job, but especially Bocchi...she did the ONE thing that nobody expected: by jumping into the audience, thinking that they will support her with their arms, just like Hiroi. YELP Bocchi, I feel for you when that attempt bombed lols. As the school festival winds down, Bocchi made a name for herself: the legendary stage diver.

Back at home, doing a dogeza in front of her dad because she lent and broke his guitar, it felt as if like her father was driving Bocchi to madness. But the amount of hefty cash is serviceable enough for repairs that's earned from her YouTube account, oh ho...so the "guitarhero" account is a family-shared one, no wonder they were looking at the videos and comments posted of their own daughter's immense growth. Still, 300k yen and feeling like she's ready to be Super Saiyan and quit her job, haha. No way that's happening, girl.

Getting a present for Nijika's older sister Seika, Bocchi goes all head-banging metal rock, I can't fathom the absurdity LELS. Finding a new guitar, but not having the shop assistant just creep up beside her, she's too easily shocked at the sudden interaction. But eventually it's a new one that she got from her dad's replacement, and while it feels great to hold, it's her confidence that has grown overtime and gave her the spirit to even step out of the house and continue life as she knows it.

WHAT A SHOW. Not the best CGDCT I've had, but it's obviously the case where "animation carried the show", and God bless me that this show is elevated to the highest degree.

Hello friend will this show receive Season 2?
I didn't watch this show till yet but I'm curious by reading comments how good this anime is & I will definitely watch it once this show receives all DUB Episodes.
Dec 24, 2022 5:59 PM
Jun 2015
The adaptation definitely delivered and went beyond the source material! I'm glad that they were able to stick in some gags even in the last episode.
Dec 24, 2022 6:07 PM
Aug 2022
KANLen09 said:

sorry I misunderstood this don't have DUB but it's ok I will watch this show in SUB.
Dec 24, 2022 6:21 PM

Jun 2014
The show never reached the same height after their concert in episode 8(or was it 9)? And has just been kinda boring since.

Even this concert and Hiroi concert were really meh. I wished it hit the same high again but such a great middle part does not excuse such a boring final part.

7/10

I think I'd prefer the manga with a faster pace of comedy from the 4-koma from where the anime left off.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 22, 2022

282 by ShadowkillZ »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 15, 2022

311 by ShadowkillZ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2022

464 by ShadowkillZ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2022

233 by flimmyjimmy »»
Yesterday, 11:35 AM

» Rank the girls from best to worst ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Jul 16, 2023

82 by Macaroon17 »»
Yesterday, 8:28 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.