Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Nijika and Kita on their way to Bocchi's house...and the girl in question must've been waiting for their eventual arrival, like forever, almost dressing up like Paripi Koumei's Kongming style, aside from the big cloth welcome arrival placed outside of her home.

Bocchi bombed her welcome speech, but at least got a housewarming gift and a movie to watch after designing their band T-shirts. Bocchi's room though...definitely had the element of fun with the decoration, only except that there's cursed seals and a plate of salt that's definitely not rock-styled at all. It's even hilarious that her 5-year-old sister Futari and dog Jimihen is able to communicate better than her, leaving her out of the conversation.

Back to the topic: designing T-shirts for the band. Kita's design, which gives the sports festival vibe, it triggers her PTSD that's the bane of all introverts, and the claymation segment is ingenious. Same goes with the old-school 4:3 aspect, I feel Bocchi's desperation VERY HARD. The housewarming extending to Bocchi's parents, they're even surprised that she has friends to begin with, let alone in her house, and indeed, music brings people together. Definitely a friend-a-versary.

The fun does not end there, and the conversation turns to alienation for Bocchi. And therein lies fun, games and movies, it's sad but also hilarious to see Bocchi freaking out at even youthful movies, it's truly the bane of all introverts. Bocchi's design...is definitely one for the young punks, but the attention should go to the playing, not the clothing. But seeing Bocchi in the clothes that her mom bought for her, she's a spectacularly cute girl, only one thing: NEVER, EVER expose her body, or she'll dissolve dead like ash. Suffer the wrath of Bocchi's room, a cursed and salty malnutrition.

Anyways, Nijika's basic T-shirt design is chosen because no one has good ideas, but the impending typhoon affecting their live concert in 2 days, at first it didn't affect where they stayed, but it eventually did.

Even the rain charms don't work, so what now?
KANLen09Nov 19, 2022 10:36 AM
Nov 19, 2022 7:28 AM

Jun 2019
It's summer in Japan and it's very brutal. Very interesting and great episode direction. But, everything went out of the window with how adorable Bocchi's "Wh-- Wh-- Whelcom" was. And, all three of them were thinking of a design for the concert T-shirt. Bocchi's mustache was adorable and her little sister was just as cute as Bocchi.

Bocchi's parents are also very sweet. Even her parents don't believe that Bocchi has real friends and maybe just a rental service. LMAO. But, I missed Ryou so much in this episode. She just got a little bit of screen time. In the end, the designs were very simplistic but amazing. The typhoon is here...
Nov 19, 2022 7:33 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode as usual. It was nice to see Bocchi's family.

Lol at those glasses and mustache.

And those expressions again.

Bocchi looked so cute in her uniform

CloverWorks did a fantastic job with the animation again.

SerafosNov 29, 2022 11:09 PM
Nov 19, 2022 8:46 AM

Aug 2021
anime of the year no cap
Nov 19, 2022 8:48 AM

Apr 2016
I like how the name of her dog is "Pes", which is a literal translation for dog.

But more importantly, thank God for bocchi's family, otherwisse that total catastrophe of a home visit would be even more of a total dissaster, it was very uncomfortably awkward to watch bocchi die inside ... every five seconds, but she somehow survived the day, i guess.

Her mom and dad won the day, thats for sure, lol .. so happy for their daughter accomplishment xD
Nov 19, 2022 8:59 AM

Apr 2014
Drinking tea with wine glasses. lmao...

yaaayyy welcome

For the one who wants to buy drinks from the same vending machine as Kita and Nijika. https://goo.gl/maps/8cReSNA6VgAvD9Hn8
This also means that Bocchi is living in the Kanazawa-Hakkei area, and the location of Starry is in Shimo-Kitazawa. That's about 50km of traveling distance for her.

BTW, those black t-shirts are the same ones from Slow Loop
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 19, 2022 9:03 AM
Jun 2020
ok. so Kessoku band didn't play today, they're preparing for their next live;

holy shii!!... can't construct my thoughts, this anime is plainly amazing. everything about this episode is just so perfect.

Nov 19, 2022 9:10 AM

Jul 2011
Bocchi certainly is a great host.

Bocchi once again being roasted by her own family.

Rest in peace Bocchi, and be like mushrooms and spread your pessimism airborne.
Nov 19, 2022 9:30 AM

Jun 2019
I really like Kita and Futari together, they look like they'll get along so much.
Nov 19, 2022 9:32 AM

Mar 2021
Really loved this episode i loved how excited Bocchi was to have her friends Come to her house
Nov 19, 2022 9:33 AM

Apr 2020
animators went all out on this one
Nov 19, 2022 9:47 AM
Jun 2022
probably my fav episode so far
Nov 19, 2022 9:51 AM

Oct 2017
Bocchi's parents reaction was the best lol. Bocchi looked cute wearing something other than tracksuit. That ending though, damn.
Nov 19, 2022 9:56 AM

May 2020
Man I swear, even though it's damn shameful, I've given those sick grandma excuses too just to avoid few meet-ups lol. Though God bless grandma.
Nov 19, 2022 9:56 AM
Jun 2020
I wasn't ready for Bocchi getting so hyped with her friends' visit, and I definitely wasn't ready for Kawaii Bocchi.

Also, yes, Sports Festivals and Romantic Movies are hell for introverts.
Nov 19, 2022 10:01 AM
May 2021
i want that shirt merch
Nov 19, 2022 10:15 AM
Feb 2021
it was crazy lololololololololol
Nov 19, 2022 10:16 AM

Mar 2020
Yet another awesome episode! Nijika and Kita are going to Bocchi's house? What could go wrong? Well, Bocchi was being Bocchi most of the time, over preparing and all, dressing up, decorating the room, and it's so relatable lol. The reminiscence of school festivals tangent was hilarious, and the visual comedy was as good as always.

We also saw Bocchi not wearing her pink tracksuit, and with the change in appearance, especially when Nijika lifted up Bocchi's bangs, that was it for her. RIP BOCCHI.

Always make rain charms to be safe, but welp, the typhoon went right in their direction, just when the concert is supposed to take place. Gonna be a tough time getting out of this.
Nov 19, 2022 10:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
On a hot summer day like that vending machines are a godsend. Still thats some impressive excuses that Ryo has for avoiding gatherings. Hitori sure went all out this time with her prep. For introverts though any kind of social event was a hard time thats for sure. Honestly her parents need to have much more faith in her. In her uniform though Hitori looked surprisingly cute. Overall a fun ep that did well to expand upon Hitori family and introduce them to Nijika and Kita while also showing just how lacking their faith in their daughter was. Though its unfortunate that Ryo was absent I feel that Kita and Nijika managed to forge stronger bonds with Hitori as a result. Hopefully the concert will go ahead but so far not looking promising thanks to the typhoon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2022 10:21 AM
Jun 2020
This stuff about Sports Festival is serious business. A introvert being forced to interact with other people against their will is really traumatic. My parents used to force me do that stuff, threatening to keep me in the doghouse, and well, that's the reason why I evolved from introvert to antisocial.

Sorry, this episode kinda triggered me. Sports Festivals are a nightmare.
Nov 19, 2022 10:23 AM

Feb 2019
Lmaooo “are they from a rental agency” even Bocchi’s own parents be cooking her, you hate to see it. Getting shown up by your 5 year old sister must be tough too. Poor Bocchi. And to top things off, the day of the live has a typhoon. Our fave socially inept introvert just can’t win
Nov 19, 2022 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
Hitori put so much effort with everything on this episode, now she was also actively looking forward to the event unlike what her old self would do but ofc it is one of those cases destiny wants to keep you chained : (
Nov 19, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Weaker than the last few episodes from this series but still a pretty good one, especially nice to see Nijika and Kita bond more with Bocchi and even her family as a whole. You can tell even at the end, where Nijika's able to understand Bocchi and her feelings/thought processes more when she was thinking about the design. I used to do some stupid shit when I was younger in school, and the kind of excuses Ryo made to be anywhere else were similar to the ones I would use when I was in elementary school - mine being far worse though and far more unbelievable and were completely justifiable to ground me for a good amount of time. Ironic since I was a really good student grades-wise in school but me being introverted and being too much of a perfectionist that anything throwing it off results in excuses like that, just happens.

It is nice seeing Bocchi look forward to an event for once, given how badly she's perceived previous events in the past. Weather's not her friend though from the looks of things, those charms are cursed.
Nov 19, 2022 10:30 AM

May 2015
Worst case of PTSD triggered by school sports festival if I have ever seen one. Her grandfather might have had the same shit after what he had gone through at Iwo Jima and now this poor girl is traumatized by... everything. Yeah sure this show is fun and her stressing out is exagerated for laughs, but Bocchi should get some help because she is on a well trodden way to hell that ends in becoming a hikikomori, a psyhiatric patient or an alcoholic.
Nov 19, 2022 10:34 AM

Dec 2020
Nijika and Kita are going to bocchi house and they see a banner on the house lul and how bocchi was dressed and her room that was so freaking funny.
Bocchi little sister is the complete opposite of her.
Lol her parents have really not believe that she ever friends home.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 19, 2022 10:35 AM

Nov 2016
Don't die Bocchi 😭

"They've become losers like her"

No one roasts you as mercilessly as your siblings. It's beautiful.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 19, 2022 10:40 AM
Jul 2022
Rest in piece Bocchi

D:
Nov 19, 2022 10:47 AM

Dec 2020
This episode gave me Nichijou vibes at times lol
Nov 19, 2022 10:47 AM
Mar 2022
bocchi is totally me..............
Nov 19, 2022 11:15 AM

Jul 2022
Damn this part got me laughing, Bocchi was too cute for her own good.

Lets see how they deal with the typhoon potentially ruining the concert.
Nov 19, 2022 11:15 AM
Nov 2022
It was very good, bocchi's ideas are becoming more and more random xdxdxd
Nov 19, 2022 11:18 AM

Nov 2017
Pessimism pays off sometimes.. I guess..
Nov 19, 2022 11:26 AM
Jan 2021
simple words can describe this anime , people work on this show literally having a blast passion to making this goatttt brahhh
Nov 19, 2022 11:35 AM
Feb 2018
It was a good episode, but the weakest until now. They forced the jokes too much and the pacing was off. But I get that they wanted to extend the SOL part because 3 live episodes in a row would be too tight.
Nov 19, 2022 11:38 AM

Feb 2021
This show really heals the soul.

Each episode seems more insane than the other, I've never seen a production like this before.
Nov 19, 2022 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
Wasn't nearly as good as the last few episodes by any means, but this was still an extremely productive one, regardless. It's really nice and fun to see Kita and Nijika be able to connect more with Bocchi and even her family, to the latter's surprise and chagrin. I can honestly relate to the feeling of awkwardness and embarrassment when it comes to inviting friends and/or associates over for the first time, especially if one's not particularly social or outgoing to begin with. I feel that both Kita and Nijika were able to better understand Bocchi's feelings and mentality more by the end of this episode, especially when she was thinking about their concert attire designs. On a side note, it's hilarious to see Ryou make more excuses to go wherever she wants, cause I remember doing that sort of shit back when I was still in my middle to high school days and getting in trouble a handful of times myself LOL. It's also great to see the continuing creativity with the humor, with the visuals sometimes going extra idiosyncratic, and there was one segment where it looked like they were using 80s-90s style animation. I lost my shit with the segment where Bocchi wasted away and infected Kita and Nijika with her remaining spores.

While it may not feel like a lot happened, there's still considerable steps forward again for Bocchi, and hopefully she can shrug off some more of that pessimistic side to her. Unfortunately, seems like Mother Nature has other ideas. Can't wait to see how she and her band group will try to tackle this humongous setback.
Nov 19, 2022 11:48 AM

Jan 2022
Omg Rent-A-Tomodachi bruh her parents really roasted her like that in front of everyone lmao.

Also just now got that the doggie is named after Jimi Hendrix
-insert NGE meme here-
Nov 19, 2022 12:32 PM
Apr 2008
Great and imaginative episode as always. That being said...

I was really put off by her parents. Discussing your daughter's antics in such a blatant way with her friends, even asking whether they are from a rent-a-friend service, all while she's present right there... yeah, I don't think it's OK in this situation, imho. It just embarassed her and put additional stress on top of the pile. Bocchi has a serious problem with very dark perspective, and the way her parents act so nonchalantly is very strange to me.

The show has been very in the theme so far - as many have noted, the author of the original should habe been there to depict social anxiety so perfectly and walk a very thin line between comedy and seriousness. So maybe I just don't get something with how her parents are acting.

Nov 19, 2022 12:35 PM

May 2010
I very happy to see Bocchi outside her track suit and she is adorable.
Nov 19, 2022 12:38 PM

Apr 2022
agreed on the sentiment about this one being weaker (but still decent). the creative scenes dont flow as well, feels kind of disjointed from the more "normal" parts of the ep. episode 3 has a lot of creative scenes that connect with the story and helps strengthen it, such as the multi-screen flashback, zoom-in shot on the stairwell, depressing song with the backgrounds, and the Bocchi elegy. in comparison, the creative scenes here (2 sports festival scenes and 1 Bocchi disintegration) usually served to support some kind of tonal whiplash comedy unrelated to the story, which although is good in small doses, should really not be stretched out too far. also there were some things that I am not really a fan of, such as cringe comedy, over-dragged gags/tropes, and subjectively shit music (Bocchi disintegration).

ok, done with the rant. there were things i did truly think this episode did very well. Nijika and Kita's dynamic shows how different extroverts can be, and it is surprisingly not covered almost at all in anime in a realistic and natrual manner. (gotta pander to those introverts huh?) Bocchi's "going to the bathroom and coming back totally out of the loop" scene is also a very natural and relatable scene that is rare to see in the medium. And the occasional cuts to Ryo and her antics served as nice little tone-resets in the show.

comedy is a subjective hit-or-miss, and i feel like while this show still misses sometimes for me, they are not very big or noteworthy misses, while the hits pack a big punch in comparison. looking forward for the next ep.

edit: apparently the song that plays when Bocchi disintegrates is a reference to Nausicaa. thing is, in Nausicaa the song is used to symbolize rebirth, hence why it fits there. in this show? maybe, but i'm not really digging it.
otherdummyNov 19, 2022 2:35 PM
Nov 19, 2022 12:45 PM
Sep 2021
AkeZZZ said:

yaaayyy welcome

For the one who wants to buy drinks from the same vending machine as Kita and Nijika. https://goo.gl/maps/8cReSNA6VgAvD9Hn8
This also means that Bocchi is living in the Kanazawa-Hakkei area, and the location of Starry is in Shimo-Kitazawa. That's about 50km of traveling distance for her.

How the frick are you guys getting the irl locations!?!?
Nov 19, 2022 12:56 PM
Mar 2015
The band was able to get a tshirt without killing our gril
Nov 19, 2022 1:05 PM

Jan 2021
When Bocchi turned to dust I couldn’t take it anymore. When Nijika and Kita had their personalities morphed into Bocchi’s I couldn’t stop myself, from laughing so damn hard… what a masterpiece.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Nov 19, 2022 1:17 PM

Jun 2020
bocchi's parents and her band members interacting was so cute! <3
i need more of bocchi in casual clothes :D
forum avi: sia_job00 on twt

Nov 19, 2022 1:17 PM

Oct 2018
I was not expecting the animators to build a fucking ZOETROPE just for a short segment in this episode, but the staff really knows no limits. The Nausicaa reference also had me absolutely dying. Another fantastic episode today. Bocchi has already crossed my AOTS and is heading straight for the AOTY position,
Nov 19, 2022 1:46 PM
Aug 2021
I would either describe this as a fever dream or one of those really weird episodes from Adventure Time (you know which ones I mean) and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Bocchi were to just wake up next episode and be like "wth was that dream?!?!" but one thing is for certain: My mind won't be able to think abt anything but this episode for this entire week. I might actually start reading the manga just to get some closure, who knows.

Idk if you can even rate this episode on an out of 10 scale (same problem with those Adventure Time episodes for me btw) but I am really hyped for the next one, ngl.
Nov 19, 2022 1:47 PM
Oct 2020
10/10 Episode I really liked it. Also love her families reaction. I also can relate way too much to the feeling of being left out
Nov 19, 2022 1:47 PM
Apr 2021
I love this show so much
Nov 19, 2022 1:50 PM

Sep 2020
AkeZZZ said:

yaaayyy welcome

This indeed is in slow loop, but.. why? Whats the connection?
Nov 19, 2022 2:33 PM

Jan 2022
What the fuck are they smoking at Cloverworks to do something so wtf yet executed perfectly, I love it ! I wonder what will they do for the concert.
I like everything, ok
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

746 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 15, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2022

268 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 15, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

236 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 14, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2022

234 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 14, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

511 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 14, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.