Forum Settings
Forums

Manga Time Kirara MAX Reveals 'Bocchi the Rock!' TV Anime

New
Feb 18, 2021 8:56 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
This year's April issue of Manga Time Kirara MAX announced on Friday that Aki Hamaji's Bocchi the Rock! manga is being adapted into a television anime.

Synopsis
Hitori Gotou is a high school girl who's starting to learn to play the guitar because she dreams of being in a band, but she's so shy that she hasn't made a single friend. However, her dream might come true after she meets Nijika Ijichi, a girl who plays drums and is looking for a new guitarist for her band. (Source: MU, edited)

Hamaji launched the 4-koma music comedy manga, also known by its short name Bozaro, in Manga Time Kirara MAX in December 2017, following the ending of her Kirari Books Meisouchuu! (Kirari Books Straying!) manga in the same magazine in October that year.

Houbunsha published the second volume last February, with the third volume shipping on February 25, which also featured the anime announcement on its wraparound band.

Comic Fuz page: https://comic-fuz.com/series/1708
Niconico Seiga page: https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/39293

Source: animate Times

Bocchi the Rock! on MAL
VindstotFeb 18, 2021 2:44 PM

Feb 18, 2021 9:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Thought it was some Hitoribocchi spinoff when I read the title

Well either way Kirara series are generally solid so will prob watch
Feb 18, 2021 9:15 AM

Apr 2012
As people have said a lot, the news is rather unexpected, but pleasant. I'm usually pretty skeptical about the MTK conveyor, but in this case, I'm already quite reading this manga and as a musician I like it. This title is so realistic and interesting that I am even surprised that it is published in MAX and not Forward. I will wait for further news.

Also, it seems to me, or in the last 2-3 seasons there was almost no anime of them? I don't really follow it, but I don't remember what they produced the last time.
Feb 18, 2021 9:16 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
That main character and drawing there look cute... sure, I'll put this on my PTW, why not? XD
Feb 18, 2021 9:22 AM
May 2016
Liking the vibe of this. Not sure about being a 4-koma, but it could work
Feb 18, 2021 9:23 AM

Jun 2014
This looks pretty interes........

Nevermind, it's seinen. I won't be watching it.

Feb 18, 2021 9:32 AM

Oct 2017
I'll watch, hope it's good.
Feb 18, 2021 9:34 AM

Dec 2018
Sounds almost like a love story IMO. Girl who meet other girl, falls in love and start a band/club together.Like the majority of Idols and CGDCT =P

The little rock-stars are so damn cute =) and I hope my band waifus will do some lesbian kissing,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 18, 2021 9:44 AM
Feb 18, 2021 9:40 AM

Jul 2017
nice, saw the manga a bit before, it's a nice one, will watch the adaptation for sure
Feb 18, 2021 9:50 AM

Oct 2018
Okay, I thought it's a spinoff of Hitoribocchi. Guess not! XD

Ohhhhh, and it's from Kirara. Let's hope this anime will be awesome for us all. Looking for more news about this anime.
Forum set made by Nate
Feb 18, 2021 9:51 AM

Jul 2019
No clue wth this is. Will watch anyway.
Feb 18, 2021 10:01 AM

May 2019
From what I'm getting from the comments, is sounds kinda like k-on but with a bit more focus on the music aspect? If so that sounds pretty alright. I have to admit CGDCT anime generally worry me a bit because they often walk a fine line between wholesome moe and creepy yuri bait.
If this is more on the wholesome end I'll probably watch it.
Feb 18, 2021 10:11 AM

Apr 2012
DrHizzle said:
From what I'm getting from the comments, is sounds kinda like k-on but with a bit more focus on the music aspect? If so that sounds pretty alright. I have to admit CGDCT anime generally worry me a bit because they often walk a fine line between wholesome moe and creepy yuri bait.

For now, this is just a more mature and sarcastic version of K-ON! without any excessive moe or yuri bait (the author drew yuri-ish ecchi art for Valentine's day, but at the same time I did not notice any romance in the manga and the MC fantasized about kissing bishonen once, lol), so this is even more just an all-female musical title than a traditional CGDCT.

As I said, it is rather strange that this is published in moe-ish MAX, because this manga is more like Forward.
Feb 18, 2021 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
Oh, sh*t! Iwasawa is getting her own anime!

Feb 18, 2021 10:18 AM

May 2019
RobertBobert said:
DrHizzle said:

For now, this is just a more mature and sarcastic version of K-ON! without any excessive moe or yuri bait (the author drew yuri-ish ecchi art for Valentine's day, but at the same time I did not notice any romance in the manga and the MC fantasized about kissing bishonen once, lol), so this is even more just an all-female musical title than a traditional CGDCT.

As I said, it is rather strange that this is published in moe-ish MAX, because this manga is more like Forward.

That actually sounds really interesting, I'm almost certainly gonna give this one a try then. Thanks for the clarification and elaborating on what it's like!
Feb 18, 2021 10:23 AM

Apr 2012
DrHizzle said:
RobertBobert said:

That actually sounds really interesting, I'm almost certainly gonna give this one a try then. Thanks for the clarification and elaborating on what it's like!

No problems! At least for the moment of the first couple of volumes, this is a really friendly-sarcastic description of the professional and everyday life of young musicians. The author even makes regular nods to Japanese rock content and groups, so I can speculate that he is a huge fan of the genre.
Feb 18, 2021 10:38 AM

Dec 2018
And after reading some from the manga I see more things I like. So I think It look like its going to be one of those Idols I prefer

LOL and none of the girls are talking about boys =P I think they are all lesbians,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

It is Kirara after all so that makes me hopeful for strong Yuri . Especially after seeing official picture like this. Awwwwwww the little band lesbians are so cute together ,,,YEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 23, 2021 3:20 AM
Feb 18, 2021 10:56 AM
May 2015
RobertBobert said:
As people have said a lot, the news is rather unexpected, but pleasant. I'm usually pretty skeptical about the MTK conveyor, but in this case, I'm already quite reading this manga and as a musician I like it. This title is so realistic and interesting that I am even surprised that it is published in MAX and not Forward. I will wait for further news.

Also, it seems to me, or in the last 2-3 seasons there was almost no anime of them? I don't really follow it, but I don't remember what they produced the last time.

Kirara in general? They had three new shows last year (Koisuru Asteroid, Tamayomi and Ochikobore! Fruit Tart) plus a new season of Gochiusa.
Feb 18, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
Anime from Kirara with an all-female character?! count me in.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 18, 2021 11:06 AM

Apr 2012
atropicalpenguin said:
RobertBobert said:

Kirara in general? They had three new shows last year (Koisuru Asteroid, Tamayomi and Ochikobore! Fruit Tart) plus a new season of Gochiusa.

Kirara in general. Three or four this past year? Previously, we received 2-3 in only one season. Stop, Fruit has already been adapted? I didn't even notice, I only heard about the announcement.
Feb 18, 2021 11:08 AM
May 2015
RobertBobert said:
atropicalpenguin said:

Kirara in general. Three or four this past year? Previously, we received 2-3 in only one season. Stop, Fruit has already been adapted? I didn't even notice, I only heard about the announcement.

Yep, it aired last season, https://myanimelist.net/anime/39609/Ochikobore_Fruit_Tart?q=ochikobore&cat=anime, liked it a lot.
Feb 18, 2021 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
atropicalpenguin said:
RobertBobert said:

Yep, it aired last season, https://myanimelist.net/anime/39609/Ochikobore_Fruit_Tart?q=ochikobore&cat=anime, liked it a lot.

Huh, I didn't even notice that this show had a premiere. I seem to be getting old faster than I think. Well, thanks for the "news", I'll check it out when I'm in the mood.
Feb 18, 2021 12:05 PM

Nov 2008
DrHizzle said:

I hope this has a good cast that can sing then, since this will most likely rely on the music to carry the anime more than the typical cuteness factor.

Feb 18, 2021 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
looks good maybe i read xD
Feb 18, 2021 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
Well, this sounds like it could be an interesting one potentially, something between Bandori and K-On I guess. If the source material is heavy on performances, I'm hoping there's a bit more budget for this series than what Fruit Tart got to make those actually look good.
Feb 18, 2021 3:20 PM

Apr 2012
Atavistic said:
Well, this sounds like it could be an interesting one potentially, something between Bandori and K-On I guess. If the source material is heavy on performances, I'm hoping there's a bit more budget for this series than what Fruit Tart got to make those actually look good.

Did the fruit have a weak musical side?

Hoppy said:
DrHizzle said:

I hope this has a good cast that can sing then, since this will most likely rely on the music to carry the anime more than the typical cuteness factor.

I don’t know about the voices, but at least they have to work hard on the music. The plot depicts the characters as musicians, not just singers.
Feb 18, 2021 3:34 PM

Jul 2014
RobertBobert said:
Atavistic said:

Did the fruit have a weak musical side?

Musically, the songs were decent enough idol fare with some eccentric lyrics, but on an animation level they left a lot to be desired. A lot of still frames, animation loops and animation shortcuts taken in almost every performance scene. So I'm hoping this has a little more budget to work with so they can give whatever performances there are actual animation (Bandori S1 showed how jank a band-centric show can look without much of a real budget as well).
Feb 19, 2021 8:33 AM

Dec 2018
@Ashhk

Man it looks like we are going to get another Idol with strong Yuri vibes =) Those shows have been popping up like mushrooms lately

Feb 19, 2021 9:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yuri-Crusader said:
@Ashhk

Man it looks like we are going to get another Idol with strong Yuri vibes =) Those shows have been popping up like mushrooms lately

Seems like something that might be similar to k-on, and if it's girls only then it will definitely be great, I can't wait xDD I hope that the formula is similar to D4DJ's one, it will be perfect, now I think we can only expect even more similar adaptation to come soon :D
Feb 20, 2021 7:32 AM

Dec 2018
Ashhk said:
Yuri-Crusader said:
@Ashhk

Seems like something that might be similar to k-on, and if it's girls only then it will definitely be great, I can't wait xDD I hope that the formula is similar to D4DJ's one, it will be perfect, now I think we can only expect even more similar adaptation to come soon :D

After reading some of the manga I think its going to be the typical otaku pandering show

So yeah something similar to K-on or maybe bang dreams. Its a great concept to follow =P Only girls and all of them are lesbians,,,,YEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 20, 2021 7:36 AM
Feb 20, 2021 10:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yuri-Crusader said:
Ashhk said:

After reading some of the manga I think its going to be the typical otaku pandering show

So yeah something similar to K-on or maybe bang dreams. Its a great concept to follow =P Only girls and all of them are lesbians,,,,YEEEEEEEEES

Thanks for the info, now I'm sure that I'll enjoy it :), I can't wait to see it xDDD
Jan 17, 2022 7:25 PM

May 2015
I'm reading this manga and I find it pretty funny, especially Hitori's depressing view of life.

I like the banter between characters and the way Hitori's grow as a more sociable person as the story goes. Also, the way the mangaka uses real life bands as covers of each chapter is genius. I hope they try to incorporate that in the anime in some way.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 17, 2022 10:37 PM
Oct 2019
Seems pretty fun, definitely checking this out^^

More topics from this board

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

3 by DafuqBOOM »»
2 hours ago

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

9 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

3 by Swagernator »»
6 hours ago

» 'Natsume Yuujinchou' TV Anime Gets Seventh Season ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jun 30, 2023

50 by Royal_Devils1 »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.