Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 8, 2016 12:51 PM
Apr 2014
LoneWizard said:
Drake1000 said:

By doing what? drinking tea and learning how to write and read? his investigation game is weak sauce, he sits around doing nothing for a while when he should be on everyone's asses 24/7 and moving constantly, dying should be on his mind all the time he should be fucking paranoid and suspecting everyone instead he just acts like nothing happened, I also feel like he wastes a lot of time with Emilia-tan instead of the main suspects, we've hardly seen him interact with the master of the mansion.
Remember the words he keep saying at least 5 times each episode:He does everything for Emilia's smile...He knows he will revive when he dies,he does not want to die anyways but he cares about saving his fantasy world heroine more than his own life...So if saving his life means losing Emilia or having a bad future with her i am pretty positive he might even consider suicide...

Also he is way too naive to seriously consider anyone from that house to be the killer,and he cant do anything to investigate against a target he has no idea about...

You might not be able to relate to him but at least understand the guys resolve :/

>He knows he will revive when he dies
He shouldn't be so sure about it tbh, why does he assume he has an infinite set of revives? that's just wrong, how does he know that? why doesn't he think that maybe idk, it might just run out someday. He doesn't know how his power works fully, nothing is certain with that kind of thing. Did God descend from the heavens and told him that he has infinite revives?
>Also he is way too naive to seriously consider anyone from that house to be the killer
There's no room for naivety when you're about to fucking die
>He does everything for Emilia's smile
There's no room for love when you're about to fucking die.
May 8, 2016 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
This anime is fucking good.

so we can assume that the dog was infected with some poisonshit ? and Rem did it ?
or any kind of unknow magic ?

5/5 to me.
May 8, 2016 12:54 PM

Jan 2015
This episode was actually really good, and I'm usually the one complaining about revivals.
May 8, 2016 12:56 PM
Sep 2012
Drake1000 said:

By doing what? drinking tea and learning how to write and read? his investigation game is weak sauce, he sits around doing nothing for a while when he should be on everyone's asses 24/7 and moving constantly, dying should be on his mind all the time he should be fucking paranoid and suspecting everyone instead he just acts like nothing happened, I also feel like he wastes a lot of time with Emilia-tan instead of the main suspects, we've hardly seen him interact with the master of the mansion.

Not true! It was shown this episode that Subaru was exploring the whole mansion, trying to get some hints about his death. The problem is that because he became a guest rather than a servant, the mansion's residents aren't as close to him and thus uncooperative. The fact that he was nosing around also made him extremely suspicious, which would have added onto that feeling.

It's like he was doing his best to investigate discreetly, but that only made him an even bigger target for concern.
May 8, 2016 1:00 PM

Jan 2014
Drake1000 said:

He shouldn't be so sure about it tbh, why does he assume he has an infinite set of revives? that's just wrong, how does he know that? why doesn't he think that maybe idk, it might just run out someday. He doesn't know how his power works fully, nothing is certain with that kind of thing. Did God descend from the heavens and told him that he has infinite revives?
>Also he is way too naive to seriously consider anyone from that house to be the killer
Yes,you are right with everything you say...Or you would be if you were the MC of this anime...But Subaru is not you,and people are different,accept it first before making any kind of arguments...Some people does things to please others,some people only care about themselves,some people enjoy cutting parts of their bodies,some people suicide.....People have different morals adn different world views...

Even if he knew he would die,he would still sacrifice his life for the sake of Emilia...thats the kind of character he is...

Only problem here is that we do not have sufficient information about Subaru's backstory...But from what we've seen and learned so far i can assume he never cared for his own life much and values a fantasy world heroine more than his life...because he can...
May 8, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
I'm sorry, but this time is Subaru's fault. He acted like a spy and Rem took care of him.

Rem might not even be the killer from last repeats.
May 8, 2016 1:01 PM

Mar 2010
LoneWizard said:
Remember the words he keep saying at least 5 times each episode:He does everything for Emilia's smile...He knows he will revive when he dies,he does not want to die anyways but he cares about saving his fantasy world heroine more than his own life...So if saving his life means losing Emilia or having a bad future with her i am pretty positive he might even consider suicide...

Also he is way too naive to seriously consider anyone from that house to be the killer,and he cant do anything to investigate against a target he has no idea about...

You might not be able to relate to him but at least understand the guys resolve :/

He talked with Emilia because he met her by happenstance. -_-

He got thrown out of Betty's room member? Most of time in this arc he doesn't even have time to speak with her beyond the first day and sometimes at night because she's usually studying for Royal Elections or doing some other duties. He also used the time to warn Puck about her being potentially targeted.
May 8, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2015
@_Yato_God Oh I get that. I know we probably won't make it to "that". There are a lot of other things that make next episode a beast and the best one yet for sure :)
May 8, 2016 1:05 PM

Mar 2015
I see you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

May 2016
I love how this anime's got everyone arguing over the MC's actions.

Some people complained when Subaru asked to work at the mansion, while others are complaining now for wanting to be a house guest. Some complained that he was just wasting time joking around, and now others are complaining that he was being too suspicious.

Subaru's situation is difficult, guys. He's just doing the best he can. How would you react to being in such a confusing, painful and mentally/emotionally draining situation while having to figure out what's going on on your own, but still being cheerful around others not to raise any suspicions?

Mar 2010
Fappa said:
@_Yato_God Oh I get that. I know we probably won't make it to "that". There are a lot of other things that make next episode a beast and the best one yet for sure :)

May 8, 2016 1:06 PM
Oct 2012
my bet is rem thinks he is trying to kill them so she attacked him. so when he originally heard the chains it was her trying to defend herself against the real attacker.
May 8, 2016 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
Jagd84 said:
LoneWizard said:

He talked with Emilia because he met her by happenstance. -_-

He got thrown out of Betty's room member? Most of time in this arc he doesn't even have time to speak with her beyond the first day and sometimes at night because she's usually studying for Royal Elections or doing some other duties. He also used the time to warn Puck about her being potentially targeted.
Yes you are right ...But it doesnt change anything i said?
May 8, 2016 1:12 PM
Jul 2015
Hmm interesting episode the story about the ogres was nice, i prefer ram over rem and i somewhat expected rem to be the killer because rem was stalking subaru and ram when they were talking, but probably next episode someone will interfere in the fight or hell die again and gain rems trust in the next episode
May 8, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2010
LoneWizard said:

Yes, because aside from episode 2 this the episode he's had least interaction or thought about her other than she might and everyone else house might be targeted. He's not just doing this just for her. look at his thoughts near the end before he was attacked by the Morningstar
Iron_MawMay 8, 2016 1:17 PM
May 8, 2016 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
Jagd84 said:
LoneWizard said:

Yes, because aside from episode 2 this the episode he's had least interaction or thought about other than she might and everyone else house might be targeted. He's not just doing this for her.
ofc he is not doing it JUST for her...But his biggest motive is still saving Emilia...He thinks someone is targeting the house because of Emilia's election stuff...He even stands on guard to protect her at the end of this episode...
May 8, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2015
First of all, damn... I totally didn't expect Rem to be the killer. @DarklordVor seems to throw me off pretty good saying that she's the best girl. Damn it.... red-herring at best. So that's probably why people are saying she's the best to throw off the watchers.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what next episode has in store for us. I know Subaru's probably gonna die. That's definitely part of it.
May 8, 2016 1:23 PM

Mar 2010
@LoneWizard

Oh, if that what you're saying then I agree. You made sound like he had tunnel vision though.
May 8, 2016 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
Drake1000 said:

1. He just assumes it. If he assumed that this would be his last revive, how would he react? Proceed with logic? No, first comes the FEAR OF DYING, if he screws up again. In this mad world (proven by Elsa, the knight etc.) many things could go wrong and lead to his next death. So he's convinced that he has more or unlimited revives. Otherwise he would break down and investigate even worse. It's this naive way of thinking, that keeps him sane. Dying isn't a pleasing feeling. By sacrificing one cycle, he is able to accumulate more knowledge about the mansion and possible clues.

2. It appears to be naive at first, but he tries to narrow down the list of possible suspects. And we have already seen, what mad assassins like Elsa are able to do. So why would they not be able to kill him? It's not like the mansion or especially Subaru is highly protected. Even though this is my theory, I don't think that he considered none of the mansion's people as murderers. Remember, how he shakes with fear in Betty's room? Maybe he suppressed his fears, that somebody close to him killed him. This is mainly a psychological thing to keep himself sane and act with logic.

3. So, how is a teenager supposed to stay sane in a world, where he isn't able to trust anyone? He needs at least one person to live on.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 8, 2016 1:28 PM
Apr 2014
Jagd84 said:
Drake1000 said:

Yes, because running around like a headless chicken totally gets you somewhere and I love how ignore that he knows when the killer going to strike thanks to time travel so he knows he has time. That's why left the mansion on the 5th day. Oh also good job at ignoring how he searching house for something with chains and the info gathering session he did with Betty on what could have killed led to being killed in sleep. But hey let's just whine about two random scenes that happened in between all that because unless Subaru isn't running around all over the place every minute he somehow isn't looking into the killer.

BTW since you don't get this either, before Rem revealed herself, the chances of killer being anyone in mansion was low because of what Betty said, nobody in the manor has the skill to use mana drain and curse are banned magic that are only practiced in north. That's why he asked her the question to begin with to eliminate or low possibilities who could have done it or not. So the chances of this being by an outsider was a lot higher.

>I love how ignore that he knows when the killer going to strike thanks to time travel so he knows he has time.

"I'm going to die in a short amount time, it's cool bro I stil have time to fuck around, drink tea, learn how to write and read, sit on my ass and flirt with a girl"

I also question why he takes his revivals for granted and that they would never possibly run out, that alone makes him stupid. Every single second matters if you know you're gonna die and possibly not be revived, especially when you know the time of your death.

>the chances of killer being anyone in mansion was low because of what Betty said, nobody in the manor has the skill to use mana drain and curse are banned magic
Why should he trust her? I'm assuming the maids were asked to kill Subaru by the master of the mansion, the loli working under the master doesn't seem farfetched. This is all going from a basis of suspecting the master.
And let's say she is honest, what if one of the other people living in the mansion actually knows that skill and somehow successfully hid it from everyone?
There is a lot of possibilities to consider.
May 8, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2016
Great episode and probably the most interesting one.

This episode just proves that it's not a simple mystery drama like certain "mystery" anime even though it's not even tagged as a mystery.

With the amount of hints given in the past couple of episodes, there's just too much to theorize about. It could be a lot of things really. I'm gonna go ahead and call it a double play and that more than one person is involved in this.

I do not read the source material and this is just a theory.
May 8, 2016 1:31 PM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
First of all, damn... I totally didn't expect Rem to be the killer. @DarklordVor seems to throw me off pretty good saying that she's the best girl. Damn it.... red-herring at best. So that's probably why people are saying she's the best to throw off the watchers.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what next episode has in store for us. I know Subaru's probably gonna die. That's definitely part of it.

Ehh??? Red-herring? You know nothing darkingdawning *insert GoT meme*

Just wait and see. Give it 5 weeks. You'll see the light.

May 8, 2016 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
MeowingtonsHax said:
I see you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Didint notice that, lol!
May 8, 2016 1:39 PM

Jan 2015
Ah, I can't remember when was the last time I was so much excited for an anime airing.

I like how the show is so cheerful on the outside, but still is more brutal than most 'good' shows. The amount of content is so high, it makes you eager to watch. I kinda wish I could just leave 3 weeks worth episodes and just bindge-watch it, but I wouldn't be able to bear the wait :)

To be honest I didn't expect Rem to be the killer. At least in the third world (as in the Mansion respawn). That doesn't mean that she has to be the killer from the previous night. Also Beatrice said that nobody in this household, except her and Puck, could cast a spell or a curse that could drain his mana in his sleep. So that excludes Rem as the killer in the first world.

I can't wait for the 7th episode, since people are telling that it will be the best so far.

I also can't wait to see how much the author is capable of on-screen brutality, because I'm a sucker for that. It just so happens that this show goes on well with viewing Game of Thrones, which makes for a great weekend :D
May 8, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2015
Good episode thanks to the unexpected reveal at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2015
Drake1000 said:
>I love how ignore that he knows when the killer going to strike thanks to time travel so he knows he has time.

"I'm going to die in a short amount time, it's cool bro I stil have time to fuck around, drink tea, learn how to write and read, sit on my ass and flirt with a girl"

I also question why he takes his revivals for granted and that they would never possibly run out, that alone makes him stupid. Every single second matters if you know you're gonna die and possibly not be revived, especially when you know the time of your death.

>the chances of killer being anyone in mansion was low because of what Betty said, nobody in the manor has the skill to use mana drain and curse are banned magic
Why should he trust her? I'm assuming the maids were asked to kill Subaru by the master of the mansion, the loli working under the master doesn't seem farfetched. This is all going from a basis of suspecting the master.
And let's say she is honest, what if one of the other people living in the mansion actually knows that skill and somehow successfully hid it from everyone?

1. Then think about how you're able to get your hands on information as well. You could win over the trust of the inhabitants and receive the permission to look around for information. He has very few clues to work with: chains and curse. The curse part is resolved with blaming either Betty or Puck or an outsider. Since Betty doesn't spout out information like an open-minded person, he has nothing more to do. He tries to get more information on the curse, which shouldn't arouse too much attention. If he pushes too far, he is thrown out of the room or could be killed, if he goes too far.
Then the clue with the chains: He only knows that he heard chains. So he has to look for these chains. His first lead is Roswell, but he doesn't give out any information judging by his appearance. Only possible alternative: He has to look around the house. He does that and doesn't find any leads. If he is too pushy again, he could give rise to suspicion and be killed off instantly. Because he is just a guest. And he interacts with them to win their trust. He could gain more information this way. He is afraid of dying, so he chooses the safest method.

2. Again, if he doubted everybody, he would break down. He has the mind of a teenager. He isn't a machine.
May 8, 2016 1:46 PM

Dec 2015
Its always the freaking loli's. I swear we should just exterminate all the loli's in the world and stuff like this would never happen.
May 8, 2016 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
"I don't remember getting so close to you."
Another happy, cheery episode that has subtle lines dropped which hints at the mental problems Subaru will have to deal with everytime this happens. You almost don't notice it because of Subaru and Puck's comedy duo routine.
Which, as it happens, has to be one of my favourite duos I've seen in a while. Their banter is great. Such fun characters.

Interesting how this time around, it was the red-haired one he was close with, and it turns out the blue one was trying to kill him. I wonder whether the last time he died, it was the other way around, with the red-haired one killing him because he was close to the blue-haired one.
Wondering what their true forms are too, since both of them have reacted to stories and mentionings of demons / ogres.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 8, 2016 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
PLamus1 said:
Ah, I can't remember when was the last time I was so much excited for an anime airing.

I like how the show is so cheerful on the outside, but still is more brutal than most 'good' shows. The amount of content is so high, it makes you eager to watch. I kinda wish I could just leave 3 weeks worth episodes and just bindge-watch it, but I wouldn't be able to bear the wait :)

To be honest I didn't expect Rem to be the killer. At least in the third world (as in the Mansion respawn). That doesn't mean that she has to be the killer from the previous night. Also Beatrice said that nobody in this household, except her and Puck, could cast a spell or a curse that could drain his mana in his sleep. So that excludes Rem as the killer in the first world.

I can't wait for the 7th episode, since people are telling that it will be the best so far.

I also can't wait to see how much the author is capable of on-screen brutality, because I'm a sucker for that. It just so happens that this show goes on well with viewing Game of Thrones, which makes for a great weekend :D

Lol...every single word of your makes me think that is me speaking. I wish I could binge watch this entire series right now. And Got the next day really makes hell of a weekend.
May 8, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
Phew ε-(‐ω‐;) I thought they were going to leave us in the dark again. Thank you for not making those last few minutes a part of the next episode. Now I can go to bed without wondering more about that >->

I didn't expect it to be Rem though.. even though they feel kind of demonized.
May 8, 2016 1:53 PM
Jan 2013
MeowingtonsHax said:
I see you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wut I missed that.
I need to re-watch this/5
May 8, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2014
Re:Zero is certainly growing on me. At first I was dissatisfied with the comedy, but I don't mind it anymore and these moments with Puck were really nice. Every character is pretty likeable to me.

I'm going with the theory that Ram is superior to her sister in terms of housework, but Rem excels in killing. I don't think the murderer is different and I see no reason not to suspect Rem in the previous repeat as well. She doesn't strike me as a person who would hesitate to accomplish her job for the sake of a guy whom she had met a few days ago, whether she liked him or not. I wonder why she's so careful about concealing her identity. I can't say if her motive of killing Subaru is strongly related to him being suspected of an espionage, though. I'll have to rewatch the recent episodes to read more into the fairy tale and check some of my assumptions.

Besides, Subaru's line "You're joking..." was perfect. What a great voice actor.
"If they say there is no chance of victory, she will create one with her own sword."
The avatar picture was made by おみず on Twitter.
May 8, 2016 1:55 PM

Jul 2015
bacapo said:
MeowingtonsHax said:
I see you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wut I missed that.
I need to re-watch this/5

Ram is reflected and it looks like Rem. I didn't look at this scene this way. Interesting.
May 8, 2016 1:58 PM

Dec 2015
Sometimes791 said:
I had my worries because Fappa told me that they ended the episode in the midst of this part. But in the end, that works in favor of the series. It's one hell of a cliffhanger and the important parts aren't cut out. Episode 7 will be great for sure.

Yautja said:
Beatrice is fantastic, she's my fav.

It irritates me seeing Subaru get such a bad draw over and over. No real reward for his almost altruistic nature, only end in pain and despair.

Also, anyone notice that Rem and Ram match the Ogres colors and natures in story, interesting eh?

The foreshadowing in this anime is really strong. Even the ending (episode 5) had a lot of hints concerning the future story development.

Madara22 said:
I always knew it was Rem !! Omg it's one of the few times I have been right !!!

Good job. But don't worry, the problem will be twisted to the point where only the viewers, who pick up the clues between the lines (and foreshadowing) will be able to predict the story.

You saying that got me to think that Rem and Ram knew what was going on with Subaru. Also maybe Rem is the one who "attacked" Subaru to help Ram get closer to him in the next episode. Maybe this parallel with the ogre story has a way of helping him out instead of them being the ones that actually lead to his death. Just taking a shot in the dark here.
May 8, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2015
The ogre conversation was interesting. Anyway damn Rem. WHY!
May 8, 2016 2:03 PM
Mar 2015
Yautja said:

It irritates me seeing Subaru get such a bad draw over and over. No real reward for his almost altruistic nature, only end in pain and despair.

Also, anyone notice that Rem and Ram match the Ogres colors and natures in story, interesting eh?

Isn't also kind of interesting that Subaru doesn't notice that he shares the altruistic nature of the blue ogre?
May 8, 2016 2:03 PM

Dec 2008
Holding a knife and staring at Emilia's room after pretending to leave. Yeah, I can't see any reason that could cause a hostile response!
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
May 8, 2016 2:04 PM
Feb 2013
Sometimes791 said:
Drake1000 said:

1. He just assumes it. If he assumed that this would be his last revive, how would he react? Proceed with logic? No, first comes the FEAR OF DYING, if he screws up again. In this mad world (proven by Elsa, the knight etc.) many things could go wrong and lead to his next death. So he's convinced that he has more or unlimited revives. Otherwise he would break down and investigate even worse. It's this naive way of thinking, that keeps him sane. Dying isn't a pleasing feeling. By sacrificing one cycle, he is able to accumulate more knowledge about the mansion and possible clues.

2. It appears to be naive at first, but he tries to narrow down the list of possible suspects. And we have already seen, what mad assassins like Elsa are able to do. So why would they not be able to kill him? It's not like the mansion or especially Subaru is highly protected. Even though this is my theory, I don't think that he considered none of the mansion's people as murderers. Remember, how he shakes with fear in Betty's room? Maybe he suppressed his fears, that somebody close to him killed him. This is mainly a psychological thing to keep himself sane and act with logic.

3. So, how is a teenager supposed to stay sane in a world, where he isn't able to trust anyone? He needs at least one person to live on.

So true. If we base this realistically, humans are social beings and would not be able to stay sane without relying on some kind of support. Your mind is a wonderful thing and it will do whatever it can to keep itself from breaking down and getting lonely. Even if it's not logical your brain would tell you to still hang on to some humane things like falling inlove because it is one of the only things that would keep you from going insane.

Also, remember on the first few episodes? He was going to stop going back to that trading shop thing and stop chasing after Emilia. But because of his altruistic attitude and personality (knowing that she was still gonna die if he didn't go), he still goes and tries to save her despite the chances of getting cut in half again. It's just seeing things from someone's point of view I guess...
May 8, 2016 2:05 PM

Mar 2010
Drake1000 said:

More like "I know I'm gonna die in 5 days as proven by the other two loops despite the changes. So I'm gonna act inconspicuous while gathering info and investigating the method the killer used to kill me and lure him/her out on the 5th to expose his identity"

Because anyone in house even Emila could kill him since they can use magic. That doesn't mean that they did it or have the skill use the specific spell that was used to kill him. Which why asking Betty specific questions based on the manner of how he died and who can do what is important to narrow down the suspects. And now Betty and Roswaal are low possibility not just because what she said about magic but fact she has no reason to lie to him to start with. Aside from the fact she was the one who healed, she made her animosity towards him clear. If she was the killer she be doing a terrible job of because don't the methods of their killing to their targets. That's just rely on pure paranoia which at odds at investigating.

If that were the case she would told anything to begin with and let wonder around not knowing any better. So does making sense from standpoint of a killer to give yourself away like that.
Iron_MawMay 8, 2016 2:12 PM
May 8, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2015
SuperbJonin said:
Yautja said:

Isn't also kind of interesting that Subaru doesn't notice that he shares the altruistic nature of the blue ogre?

Yes, he shares some of the traits with the blue ogre, which could mean that Emilia is the red ogre and he is destined to vanish, if he continues to cling to Emilia, but you forget the important point, that Ram made at the end of their conversation: "Don't tell this story Rem." So I think that the story applies more to Ram and Rem. Also, remember, how Ram is inferior to Rem in terms of ability? Ram fits the traits of the red Ogre more than another person.

Nezperdian said:
The shadow of Emilia is reversed in the opening

And then watch the ending visuals of episode 5 again. You will find some hints. ;)
Bernkishi07May 8, 2016 2:14 PM
May 8, 2016 2:16 PM
Aug 2015
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!??!!?!??!?!!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!!!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!!??!!??!?!?!

May 8, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2015
Aitsune said:

Besides, Subaru's line "You're joking..." was perfect. What a great voice actor.

Yeah, definitely! I mean he already did a stellar job at the after-credit scene last episode but this one "You're joking..." transferred the correct emotions in a perfect way. This makes me excited for next episode because he can do a lot of great voice acting there.

@Nezperdian Nice catches!

Almost the whole time while the Ogre story was being told by Subaru there was always this Red Purple Blue color play. The symbolism is strong in this episode.
May 8, 2016 2:22 PM

Feb 2015
GOD DAMN! well for the LN reader it wan't suprising but for me.......damn i didn't see that coming. i always thought Ram must be the culprit but it was Rem ? didn't even thought about that. again, another great episode imo. they still put SoL scene full like in the previous episode but this time, subaru got more closer to Ram i think. the story/fairy tale about the orge was pretty good btw :D and that must be some hint to Rem's and Ram's relationship. the character interaction between Subaru and Puck was cute/adorable as always X3 Puck is one of ma fav character x3

and LOL i thought the lord of the mansion is the culprit in this epsiode. i was still thought the culprit must be Ram, but when Subaru was checking the room and the lord of the mansion was walking behind him, i heard a sound of chain so i thought he might be the killer xD and i'm glad Subaru is still alive in the end of the episode :D
i wonder how Rem knew that Subaru didn't leave the mansion.......really curious about it xD

really got suprised to see Rem is the killer. i thought she wasn't that kind of person. that really suprised me well. great episode. looking foward for the next episode :D

Edit:

^
someone's theory on youtube comment which kinda make sense to me.
either way, i'm really really looking foward to see what will happen in the next episode xD
YizelTroMay 8, 2016 2:43 PM
May 8, 2016 2:24 PM

Jan 2015
Nezperdian said:
The shadow of Emilia is reversed in the opening

Wut...
I wonder what is the meaning of it
May 8, 2016 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Should have expected it to be Rem/Ram with that scene with Ros-chi. It's still a bit unclear why they kill him though. Are they doing it on their own? Is it an order from Roswald?

Beatrice is hilarious. I just love that little smug voice of her.

Emilia-tan is still as lovely as before. I'm kinda curious about the witch tale though, and why Emilia used Satella as an alias before.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 8, 2016 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
The more things are answered, the more questions appear. A hydra cycle.

I suspected one of the maids since Day 1. I think they might not be completely human at all.

Also, I love how they nonchalantly skip the ED and OP to squeeze in more scenes. I wish more anime did this. The OP and ED has been showed like only 3 times since the start?

God, I wish I can read Japanese so I could devour the novels. :(
Melcookie96May 8, 2016 2:32 PM
May 8, 2016 2:31 PM

Apr 2015
@Xenocrisi It's great to see that people catch these little hints and the symbolism that often is also foreshadowing at the same time.

There is a lot like A LOT of things that are very deep including mythological/religious themes, so finding and analyzing symbolism is a must in this show. It's good to see that the White Fox actively realizes the amount of creative choices you can do and implements them nearly every episode :)

About the meaning, you will know. That's the great thing. You'll know sooner or later and then you see everything prior to it with different eyes. :)
May 8, 2016 2:32 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty obvious, but I liked that. Subaru's discussions with Ram in the last episode and Rem being upset about the Ogre story it just seemed Ram was more likely to be the killer.

Emilia was at her most lovable in this episode I felt. Oh man she was just melting my heart. <333

I love Subaru, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite Male characters ever.

Edit: Aw man I forgot about the Witch! So these are basically Fairy Tales that are truths lol.

Well we know the Witches name so that's a plus, and we also know now that Rem might have some connection to the witch since she doesn't want to discuss it.
SoraSenpaiMay 8, 2016 2:46 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 8, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, I've suspected Ram more than Rem but anyway that was more interesting to watch.

I'm thinking about how f**ked up Subaru will be if he discover the fact in which he was summoned by a witch, because until now everyone seems to strongly hate witches and turn very agressive towards them even by saying their names and according with Beatrice this type of magic users are very different and able to do a few nasty tricks.
May 8, 2016 2:50 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was intense! I can't wait for the next one. Also, Subaru is awesome.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.