Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 6, 2012 6:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What a plot twist. An inmature chick with the Shimigami eyes. She's going to be a lot of trouble for Light in the future.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 16, 2012 3:47 AM

Jan 2012
Eh, like in many other shows a dumb and annoying girl has to appear at one point or another. That aside, the episode was great. L doesn't stop to amaze me.

Sep 28, 2012 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
Misa looks like she is going to be a awesome character.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 16, 2012 5:41 PM

May 2012
kewl..... a female kira (:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2012 9:13 AM

Jun 2012
This new bitch is crazy.
Jan 26, 2013 7:55 AM
Jan 2013
That's an interesting twist...
Apr 21, 2013 6:31 AM

Feb 2013
Haruhi joined Light's side in the fight. L is fucked the second she lays her eyes on him.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 2, 2013 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing,now we have 2 Kiras in the game,and seems that that girl (the 2nd Kira),have made that Deal of the Shinigami Eyes,so now she can see the name of the people...
Will they work together to "clean" the world?
Or it will be a triple fight? (Kira vs Kira2 vs L?)
Very interesting...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2013 2:09 AM

Oct 2012
vhynz22 said:
Haruhi joined Light's side in the fight. L is fucked the second she lays her eyes on him.

Lol it's Misa XD
Well, same seiyuu, Aya Hirano!!

It seems she is fans of Kira, but that shinigami eyes wow... Her age will be so short :(
"Signature removed"
Jul 22, 2013 2:04 PM

Jun 2013
Whoo. So much suspense! And the cliffhanger was really cool, too.
Aug 7, 2013 3:59 PM

Jul 2012
Xinil said:
Kira (Light) has killed innocents before. He killed all the police officers and FBI agents involved in the Kira case. They = Innocents. Therefore, L should not have thought anything was out of the ordinary.

But Misa//Second Kira pretty much killed anyone who went in front of that building, so it was kind of different.
Aug 17, 2013 9:56 AM

May 2013
Every episode of death note is so awesome i think all of the episodes are 5/5
Dec 7, 2013 5:45 AM

Oct 2011
Weird twist! Wasn't expecting it at all. I did feel that the Kira from the tapes wasn't Light, but I couldn't think of a good explanation. Should be interesting to see what Misa brings to the table.
Dec 13, 2013 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
The eyes!
Why did I say that? Well here is the real question: Can you see other Shinigami's with those eyes?

Think about it. The girl doesn't know Kira's real name so she can't find him like that. But if she sees a Shinigami around Light.. Hmm this is getting interesting, and maybe too complicated.

I wonder if Light will get this assumption too. Or it might be by default that you can see other Shinigami if you can already see one, than just the one who lost/gave away the Death Note.

aidoru said:
Weird twist! Wasn't expecting it at all. I did feel that the Kira from the tapes wasn't Light, but I couldn't think of a good explanation. Should be interesting to see what Misa brings to the table.
Oh now that I read your post... indeed I felt something was different too, but in the end I went with the train of thoughts that this is how it was wanted to be animated. And that if his father would have indeed been seen then he would have been incapable of killing him thus making Light suspect #1 and all his work to be a lot harder.
Dec 14, 2013 2:02 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Placeholder post for proper episode discussion thread.
Jan 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
staying faithful to manga which is good, glad they havent taken anything out
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 1, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
Kira copycat is an interesting concept!
May 3, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
Unexpected twist! Found it very interesting!! Looking forward to the next episode =)
May 4, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
im 10 years late but man im loving this show,hope theres a season 2
Aug 28, 2014 6:17 PM

Mar 2014
And the twist!
Sep 8, 2014 10:42 AM

Mar 2013
so_addictive said:
kei-clone said:
Sorry, but geniuses just see more things with the same information. they don't have the ability to pull things out of their asses.

lol... I agree also they accepted the fact that there are now 2 people running around with the impossible ability/god-like power to kill someone on a whim... One fine... but two?!?! i mean the human imagination can only stretch so far... what's likeliness of one assuming that people are gaining these abilities left and right... and not only the same ability but an an even more advanced version of the first? I'm not buying... it's logical to assume that Kira's gotten more serious... or deranged depending on how your looking at it... and has begun to act slightly out of character, And all in all L works with logic granted a far more advance logic than most but logic yet and still.

o yea and it's looking like i'm gonna love Misa.

My thoughts exactly. L thought of that way too quickly and decisive. I would buy it if he needs to figure that out for maybe the whole episode or 2.
Actually people could came up with the conclusion that the serial killer can kill with just a look in the face and name... its pretty far fetched to begin with.
Oct 1, 2014 2:44 PM

Oct 2010
So yeah I'm kinda flipping out with this .. after seeing 11 episodes in a row :)
I wasn't expecting enjoying this anime so much O_O but I saw an episode after episode and when I was forced to stop I thought to myself "yap you're hooked" ..
I cant wait to see the rest of the anime x___x and just to think that I have to wait until the day after tomorrow to see more it kills me .. bahh just loving it +___+
Oct 7, 2014 7:04 AM

Oct 2013
Ah, so Light has a fangirl now, and she's actually pretty cute. I bet dey gunna fug

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 5, 2015 8:12 PM
Dec 2014
it was amazing...
Jan 5, 2015 8:15 PM
Dec 2014
Shanks_Man said:
so_addictive said:

lol... I agree also they accepted the fact that there are now 2 people running around with the impossible ability/god-like power to kill someone on a whim... One fine... but two?!?! i mean the human imagination can only stretch so far... what's likeliness of one assuming that people are gaining these abilities left and right... and not only the same ability but an an even more advanced version of the first? I'm not buying... it's logical to assume that Kira's gotten more serious... or deranged depending on how your looking at it... and has begun to act slightly out of character, And all in all L works with logic granted a far more advance logic than most but logic yet and still.

o yea and it's looking like i'm gonna love Misa.

My thoughts exactly. L thought of that way too quickly and decisive. I would buy it if he needs to figure that out for maybe the whole episode or 2.
Actually people could came up with the conclusion that the serial killer can kill with just a look in the face and name... its pretty far fetched to begin with.

Same here... i can't even sleep
Feb 21, 2015 3:29 AM

Nov 2014
GUYS USE SPOILER TAGS FOR MANGA DISCUSSION!!! in fact why r u even talking about manga on this ANIME site for EPISODE discussion!???

Change of styles? I dont think so. Before Kira is only killing innocents who r after him and criminals. Now, in everyone's view, kira suddenly 'changed styles' and killed EVERYONE who's a threat or oppose to him. If the director dont broadcast the videos, kira will kill him. If anyone try to stop the videos from broadcasting, kira kills them. To prove he IS kira, he killed two innocents on TV. Instead of the first kira, killing in the shadow using his BRAINS, this kira TELLS the police and L to show their faces. Its too big of a difference to call it simply a 'change of styles'.

Thats just like trying to find a killer in secret, gathering evidences, but suddenly one day say it publicly for the killer to show his face. Like shikamaru changing into naruto all of a sudden (using brains to doing things recklessly). Definitely impossible. Therefore its completely logical to deduct that there's 70% chance this is a 2nd kira.

Besides this kira doesnt need to know a person's name to kill. Thats even more so proves that there r two kiras
Mar 15, 2015 6:36 PM

Dec 2014
I'm more surprised that Light has shown no sign of being surprised about sudden appearance and actions of "fake Kira", it's almost like he was expecting it. He better find out more about Misa soon or she'll be just in his way if she acts on her own even if she intends to support him.
NozdrefMar 15, 2015 6:58 PM

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 24, 2015 12:34 AM
Nov 2014
Epic episode, Misa looks like a bae :P
Apr 30, 2015 8:15 AM
Dec 2011
oh....god... this episode was amazing L was so pissed sad and angry about mr "yukita's death that he was shaking . L is so pissed at that moment but he composed himself quickly enough to help mr yagami that was awesome i acually cried when that police officer (yukita) died he was a great cop also the way L gave commands to everybody through the phone is so epic i didnt blink once L is awesome...

so L is going to test light and get light/kira's help to catch the fake KIRA wow... two birds with one stone this is going to be epic as hell also the way L figure it out makes perfect sense because L has a clear incite on the real KIRA :3 i love you L :3
Apr 30, 2015 8:19 AM
Dec 2011
i have to say this before i forget the way everybody stood up to kira's nonsense was pure bliss to watch i mean the news anchors and the police force is amazing they had enough of kira's dictatorship... also L is so sexy and he is very very cute i love him .. L is one of the most epic characters i have ever seen :3
May 22, 2015 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
Good episode. 5/5
Aug 7, 2015 1:59 PM
Jan 2015
I was asking myself if Light has really gone that low.

But L's deduction make sense. Not only Kira killed people that weren't even criminals, as he also killed people just by looking at them ,instead of face and name. That was such a dramatic change that he deduced the possibility of a different, but similar killer.

And if he already noticed the change on behavior of Kira when he was observing Light, I bet he is observing him offscreen to know of such a stunt as to go to near of a television station.

Also ,HELLOOOOOOO Harley Quinn! Also, that is a woman shinigami? Well, it's not like the story bothers in explaining what exactly are shinigamis.

But I bet Light and Misa are in such different circles that is more easy to one shinigami to notice the other than one think the other is a Kira.

Actually, wanna bet that L will find Misa and by him that she will meet Light? It's only natural. L will try to investigate the two, and just like Light, it will be more easy if he keeps Misa close.
IDontWishToBeAug 7, 2015 2:05 PM
Sep 26, 2015 10:05 AM

Mar 2010
Misa could have done things differently..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 4, 2015 8:10 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
ohoooo interesting plot twist :O
Can't wait for more *-*

Nov 6, 2015 10:46 AM

Nov 2014
It all made sense when fake Kira was revealed. Lets see what she brings to the table!
Nov 7, 2015 12:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
A second Kira! I never knew Rem was a female (even after finishing the anime)!
Jan 17, 2016 3:01 PM

Dec 2015
ttcchen said:
GUYS USE SPOILER TAGS FOR MANGA DISCUSSION!!! in fact why r u even talking about manga on this ANIME site for EPISODE discussion!???
I absolutely agree, it disturbed me a lot and I skipped many of the comments because I was afraid of someone spoiling something (more). Usually I love to read other comments to see what other people think, but situations like these are a little unfortunate.

I just have to mention that I love L's voice... I really really like it. And I like his character a lot. Probably one of my new favorites.
And I like Light too, he has his own view on things which might seem a bit twisted, but I enjoy seeing his solutions and way of thinking. It's very interesting.
Who wouldn't like to have a pet Shinigami? I mean, it would be so amazing :D Just feed him/her apples and they keep you company all day long. No worries on taking care of them or transportation. No one can see them and they don't have restrictions anywhere! (No mall bans Shinigamis, right?) A perfect companion! Cute and low maintenance! :D

Aside from that, this precise episode was pretty good! A nice twist, wasn't expecting it at all. I really love this about Death Note, I can't really predict much. And we get some new characters! That's nice, I wonder what part they'll have in the story.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Apr 15, 2016 7:24 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode. I can't wait to see what they're going to do with the fake Kira.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 29, 2016 2:56 PM

Jan 2016
Ohuhuhuhu Some new girl named Misa...What will happen now, i mean a second person with a death note o.O well its about time xD bet things is about too change, Hoooow exciting!!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 4, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2014
enter... Harley Quinn.
Aug 30, 2016 10:36 AM

Oct 2013
Oh boy, L has made the move of pretending that they're chasing after only one Kira
Dec 31, 2016 10:55 PM

May 2016
Great. Another Kira. Japan will be seeing more dead people falling down like flies.

+ How in the hell did L figure out it was another Kira? I mean, sure the methods aren't the same but that's a forgone conclusion.
Apr 14, 2017 5:42 AM

Sep 2016
During the first half of this ep, I was like, why did Light go that far to be against the world when he certainly hadn't have full control of it?
And it turned out to be the crazy fan girl. Nice twist!
BTW, it occurred to me that Light has red eyes in the ED after seeing the girl's death eyes. Is that a hint that he will finally make the deal with Ryuk?
Orikasa_MomijiApr 14, 2017 5:55 AM
Sep 30, 2018 5:02 PM

Aug 2014
I like this episode, but I was really thinking it was Light doings :o
good I like animes where I am wrong in predicting and this is second time in this anime ;]

I like this girl, but she is different from the OP, she looks crazy and bit**y, but the one from the OP looks lost or lonely and pretty and hair color is different ;o
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 12, 2018 3:42 PM

Aug 2007
I'm trying to hold judgement on how they handle Misa in the anime.
I found her character type makes sense in terms of Light's interactions with her later, and progresses the story in necessary ways, but gOD if I don't really like her as a person herself.

Also, though I think a lot of this anime is full of coincidences for the plot to move forwards, I actually didn't find L's deductions to be too far-fetched considering Light isn't big into theatrics. Having it on the news stations and the general ambiance has a specific flair that Light does not have.

This anime is starting to feel a tad aged in terms on news consumption. Watching the news at home on a boxy television will really seem out of place in the next decade, if it doesn't already. It doesn't take away from the actual story itself, but anyone that didn't live around that time will have a different perception, I think.

Feb 10, 2019 7:24 AM

Dec 2018
Would be funny if Soichiro Yagami walk instead of riding a vehicle and dead in that TV Station. If that were to happen, Light would likely to be cleared of suspicion. And since Soichiro is inside a van that only means the Shinigami Eyes is not like a X-RAY eye that can see through things.

5 Shinigami into the human world and it could be the end of Japan.

A new Kira joined the party
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 20, 2019 6:49 PM

Feb 2019
Damn, nice plot twist at the end, having two death notes
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 14, 2019 9:42 PM
Apr 2018
Uhm, I liked the episode but I'm not too fond of that new girl. Mainly, because I think the story will focus on her for a while and I have truly enjoyed the "chase" between L and Light.

Also, I like how L is so polite.
Jul 2, 2020 5:02 AM
Jun 2020
Is it just me, or I've watched Death Note like 5 times and on all of those times I've never liked Misa. The voice is weird, but like I'm just so annoyed by her personality traits
Aug 28, 2020 8:55 PM

Aug 2019
all I hear in misa is haruhi and it makes it hard for me to take her seriously.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What detectives from other series do you think could solve the Kira case? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Jun 5

51 by _livinginutopia_ »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 18, 2007

124 by N_Erwann »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 11, 2007

124 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

399 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 9:18 AM

» Does anyone find the post time-skip story kind of...bad?

VanVeleca - May 24

41 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 13, 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.