Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 16, 6:09 PM

Jun 2015
I don't know why they keep teasing the ant raid when it's not even gonna be in this season and there's been no announcement for a season 2. I hate that they decided to air this as an ad for the manhwa rather than a full 100 episode adaptation.
Read Toriko!
Mar 16, 6:28 PM

Sep 2023
Haha love the name of the episode! Jin-woo has to get S-rank real quick in order to deal with Dong-soo. At this pace, it won't take much more time...
Mar 16, 6:44 PM
Jan 2021
This episode is amazing, im not getting borred anymore :D
Mar 16, 6:47 PM
Oct 2023
Damn Jinwoo really doesnt like to get spied on lmao. I really am interested on what happened on the island. Wannabe Aizen even has trauma from it.
Mar 16, 6:55 PM

Jul 2022
Goodbye Joo-Hee, she's a good and sweet girl so quitting being a hunter was the best choice since that job has a pretty rotten world. I hope it's not the last time we see her.

Jin-Woo keeps leveling up but now he's attracting interest from some people like Dong-Su from Class S who wants revenge or Ahn who wants to recruit him. But the good thing is our boy is smart, he even managed to scam Ahn by charging him for portals he didn't even need.
Mar 16, 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Reply to phantom346
I don't know why they keep teasing the ant raid when it's not even gonna be in this season and there's been no announcement for a season 2. I hate that they decided to air this as an ad for the manhwa rather than a full 100 episode adaptation.
@phantom346 Its 2 cour with a 3 month break after episode 12.
"It's not about the underwear, but what lies beyond it, beyond the reach of man, and carries the dreams of all men"
-Hyoudou Issei
Mar 16, 7:09 PM

Jul 2016
Excellent decision, Joo-Hee. Finally someone with brains in this show (besides all-mighty MC) and she only needed to experience two near-death situations to realize she isn't fit for this "job".

Boring episode again. Laughable how they made White Tiger dude act like a total newbie at his job just to have MC being portrayed as this supposed ruthless business man lmao.
Mar 16, 7:16 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Looking forward to the last two episodes! Those of you that are anime only are in for a treat!! Hopefully we get a Jeju island movie and then continue on with season 2 after that, but will have to see how A-1 wants to do it. All I know is that the next two episodes will be broken up into the Job Change Arc ✌️😫
Mar 16, 7:17 PM
Sep 2022
I think watching this every week is not a good strategy. Binge-watching this might be more enjoyable, otherwise, waiting for a week and seeing the MC and the background characters just chatting isn't the thing I waited for a whole damn week. Actions scenes were very good though, but just that... story is kinda predictable in my opinion.
Mar 16, 7:46 PM

May 2019
Besides getting combat level ups Jinwoo also got his negotiating skills leveled up, well played against that White Tiger guild manager guy. Regarding Joohee, not sure if we'll see her again but glad that she's still alive as she was one of the early characters that watched out for Jinwoo before his awakening.

With an S-rank hunter after Jinwoo I hope he keeps leveling up as I think he said he's somewhere between a B and A rank.
Mar 16, 7:46 PM
Apr 2023
Probably one of the most fun episodes of this series so far.
After reading a lot of these 'underdog'/'underrated' hero themed manga and manhwa, I always thought that the parts where the MC is steadily becoming stronger in the shadows is more fun than the actual fights. Though it's also fun to see those who go against the MC while underestimating him go down regretting their actions.
Mar 16, 8:12 PM
Aug 2018
Really good context building episode that makes it clear this anime is more than just about a dude wanting to level up and become strong.
Mar 16, 8:18 PM

Jan 2021
i think that 10 second dream sequence is my favorite animation from the whole show so far
負けたくない

Mar 16, 8:23 PM

Feb 2019
i wonder how those team members get a rank/level up if they're all just sitting around outside waiting for those two to finish clearing the dungeons? but hey, that's easy money for hardly doing anything at all.
Mar 16, 8:54 PM

May 2021
I was just happy to see Jin-Woo finally grind some mobs. Dude needs levels if he wants to push that dungeon down and get the elixir for his mom. Also surprising seeing his sister's friend join the group for C-Rank clears. Obviously she didn't do anything but it was a little spice for the group, and she is getting paid fat, I'd probably skip class too for money like that.
Mar 16, 10:13 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Dukino
Well this episode was a whole lot of nothing. It didn't set anything up, it didn't advance the characters, it didn't advance the plot, it didn't really do anything of note. Jinwoo and Joohee are just so boring that the whole scene I couldn't have cared less about their conversation. Jinwoo teaming up with Jinho is cool since I actually like him but that just got booked down to nothing since Jinho sat back as Jinwoo went into another dungeon alone and we didn't even see it. So what was the point of that. The agency official offered Jinwoo a handsome amount to join them but he stupidly refused. At first I thought the agency guy was just dumb but it turns out Jinwoo lies about the offer he had from another agency so Jinwoo is actually the dumb one for turning down such a good deal. Idk what his logic is, like why would you close yourself off from a good deal like that, this trope of him being the ultimate lone wolf is boring.
@Dukino

You apparently need to go back and rewatch the episode where Jinwoo makes the deal with Jinho.
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Jul 2008
Sung used to really like Joohee but now he feels nothing....what is this leveling really doing to him?

And yeah if you buy all the gates you're going to be noticed Mr. I don't want to be noticed.
Mar 16, 10:57 PM
Oct 2021
So is the brown haired girl going to be in the show, or is she not coming back later in show?
Mar 16, 11:17 PM
Oct 2021
thebrentinator24 said:
This was probably the most grinding we've seen from Jinwoo in just one episode. Bro was leveling up like crazy.

We got a little glimpse at the business side of the Hunter world, and it looks like someone caught wind of their little scheme but Jinwoo managed to negotiate a way to get them off their asses. Two episodes left, let's see what this "job change quest" is all about.

I hope it’s him fighting that red knight in the opening visuals
Mar 16, 11:29 PM

Oct 2016
Another slower paced episode, but was still very hype. We get a taste of how much people want to recruit / befriend Jin as they realize how powerful he truly is. (7.5/10)
Mar 17, 12:05 AM
Oct 2019
Damn that Dream sequence goes hard!!

Dude got scammed 600 millions LMAO
Mar 17, 12:17 AM
Jun 2007
Interesting on job change quest
Mar 17, 12:59 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to phantom346
@phantom346 Because they already planned Cour 2 long ago and it was supposed to air this year. Also many signs are hinting at Jeju Island arc being released as a movie right now (of course this is only speculation).

I don't see a problem with starting early to build up on important events. It's better than the manhwa version where things just came out of nowhere many times.

SouthRzVa said:
Finally someone with brains in this show (besides all-mighty MC) and she only needed to experience two near-death situations to realize she isn't fit for this "job".

I'm assuming you watch this show with closed eyes lmao, only logical explanation
VedrunMar 17, 1:03 AM
Mar 17, 1:47 AM
Oct 2023
This episode improved world building and developed all the characters - 4/5
Mar 17, 1:54 AM
Dec 2022
Jinwoo caught a break or not in this episode. He seems to be able to fan off the nosy manager from one of the 5 main Hunter Guilds but his skills are gonna be hard to hide from others with the way he and his partner Jinho go about raiding all the C-Rank dungeons to build up their experiences. Plus we now know Hwang Dongsoo, is one S-Rank hunter out seeking revenge for his brother's demise. Will Jinwoo be able to level up to face S-Rank hunter if it ever comes to it? Have a feeling that he just might be able to pull it off.
SenseiSempai-sanMar 17, 1:59 AM
Mar 17, 2:01 AM
Mar 2021
story is building up but way too slow
Mar 17, 2:04 AM
Apr 2022
I think I now understand why this franchise got popular ... every episode goes by with the pure satisfaction, and so this episode :)
Mar 17, 2:12 AM

May 2016
What was the song’s name halfway through the episode ?
Mar 17, 3:04 AM

Jul 2015
Good episode.Jin-woo got the stealth skill and it is quite useful.Jinho is the comic relief in this episode.His armour is pretty funny.

Jin-woo after leveling up has got the "Job-Change".This will be interesting to watch.

The Manager of White Tiger Guild managed to find about Jin-woo.It was bound to happen sometimes as someone is bound to notice him.Jin-woo managed to deal with him in a clever way.Though an acquaintance has been established between them so they are going to make an appearance in future surely.5/5 episode.

Mar 17, 4:34 AM

Mar 2015
Maybe I'm late to discussions, but I kinda hate that they skipped very important buildup for the next episode. Not telling what I mean exactly, you'll most likely realise if you're anime only. But due to that buildup, the end (most likely end) of next episode will seem like lazy writing.
Mar 17, 4:37 AM

Mar 2015
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
i wonder how those team members get a rank/level up if they're all just sitting around outside waiting for those two to finish clearing the dungeons? but hey, that's easy money for hardly doing anything at all.
@LeenPhoenixRae

That's the thing - you cannot increase your rank in Solo Leveling world (except reawakening, but well). The entire point of those raids are to meet requirement of 10 people. Especially as none of those hunters are actually working as hunters. He recruited people that can't work as hunters for different reasons (and it was mentioned in the episode)
Mar 17, 5:14 AM

May 2015
Grinding is so much fun xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 17, 5:34 AM

Jul 2013
Episode felt like 5 minutes long and I'm watching while fast walking on the treadmill. I wanna see that job change quest asap!
Mar 17, 6:14 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Pacing surprisingly perfectly done. The constant hint for the upcoming
undoubtedly kinda giving a hope. Yeah a hope. Even though there's still lot going on before reaching that point, i need to give a salute by how consistent their adaptation here.

All in all, really looking forward to see a certain op battle sequence
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 17, 6:26 AM
Apr 2021
Another great episode I liked how this episode was more focused on grinding xp, it really shows Jinwoo’s growth but it’s funny how bro scammed that dude outta 600 million LMAO bro should’ve never spied on him in the first place🤣

Aww it’s a shame but this is pretty much the last time we see Joohee like I mean she deadass gets written out of the story and we focus more on Cha Hae In🥲

I wonder if we’re gonna get the Igris fight bc we only got 2 episodes left but I’ll put my faith in A-1 in whatever choice they choose👍🏽
Mar 17, 7:01 AM
Sep 2021
Gave more like a filler vibe to me, even though it's not a filter. Excited about this "Class-job" change, though.
Mar 17, 7:15 AM
May 2018
Very weak and clichéd story
Mar 17, 7:26 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
my fking god. Nothing really happens, but this episode was just awesome again!
I loved it so much, next week hype?!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 17, 7:26 AM
May 2017
After 7 mid episodes we've finally got one with some plot relevance and almost decent character writing. Finally there's SOME tension and sense of progression in the story, plus some (very obvious) foreshadowing. I don't know how they're planning to do any sort of meaningful conclusion in the 2 remaining episodes, but if they manage to make something good, I might even end up giving this show a 7/10
Mar 17, 7:31 AM
Sep 2023
Damn,the Jeju Island foreshadowing got me hyped! I got a feeling that the art as well as the animation of the series will improve as the story (or our MCs Leveling) progresses. As I was reading the manwha, I noticed how the stronger our MC grew or changed the better the art became, and this 12 episode cour anime adaption is giving me that feeling! So I trust A1 to cook!!!
(8.1/10 episode rating)
Mar 17, 8:08 AM
Jun 2023
Am I the only one who thinks they absolutely fumbled the scout talking to Jinwoo scene, it was alot more dramatic in manhwa, the cut on manager's face in manhwa looked alot more dramatic and their conversation was super intense, which rather looked like a paced up conversation with a poor paper cut sound effect in anime.
Mar 17, 8:16 AM
Jun 2023
Dukino said:
Well this episode was a whole lot of nothing. It didn't set anything up, it didn't advance the characters, it didn't advance the plot, it didn't really do anything of note.

Jinwoo and Joohee are just so boring that the whole scene I couldn't have cared less about their conversation. Jinwoo teaming up with Jinho is cool since I actually like him but that just got booked down to nothing since Jinho sat back as Jinwoo went into another dungeon alone and we didn't even see it. So what was the point of that.

The agency official offered Jinwoo a handsome amount to join them but he stupidly refused. At first I thought the agency guy was just dumb but it turns out Jinwoo lies about the offer he had from another agency so Jinwoo is actually the dumb one for turning down such a good deal. Idk what his logic is, like why would you close yourself off from a good deal like that, this trope of him being the ultimate lone wolf is boring.

The episode gave a small insight on what happened on Jeju Island from Chois perspective or how he perceived it to be(They tease the island arc a lot but even then it's an insight and set up)
The job change quest was also set up in this episode which is one of the most important developments to Jinwoos power

Even I found Jinhoo boring and she's much of a plot device or one of the reasons why Jinwoo survived so far but this was the end of her screentime and we won't see her for 100s of chapters

They didn't show jinho and Jinwoo exploring because there actually no content for it to adapt and if they decide to make orginal scenes it would ruin the pacing and ending of the final episode. The dungeons were a breeze for Jinwoo so he easily cleared them, We are shown the boss battles tho and him leveling up which is enough from my perspective cus it wouldn't really matter

The deal isn't and won't be in Jinwoos favour and will only cause him trouble, Money is his least bit of worrries as of now so your entire point of him not joinin6the guild is kind of irrelevant because it infact is the best option for him, I rather don't want to give spoilers

Solo leveling is the type of anime/manhwa you'd want to binge watch/read as it gets a bit boring sometimes with all the set ups and World building but has a lot of intense moments further up which keep the hype running

If you don't like it now you can put it on hold until the last 2 episode air and watch or wait until cour 2 is released to binge watch

Manhwa is always a option tho
KidzunaMar 17, 8:26 AM
Mar 17, 8:30 AM
Sep 2020
yooo, whatsup with the animation in this episode??? that's PERFECT 🔥🔥🔥🔥🗣🗣🗣🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌
Mar 17, 9:46 AM

Apr 2015
Felt like a breather episode more than anything.
Last two eps left, Hopefully some interesting stuff and a cliffhanger for the next season.
Mar 17, 9:46 AM

Apr 2015
Felt like a breather episode more than anything.
Last two eps left, Hopefully some interesting stuff and a cliffhanger for the next season.
Mar 17, 10:43 AM

Jul 2017
Joohee giving up her Hunter status, after seeing that she's always healed Jinwoo time and time again, she's finally called it quits, and definitely for the better. But the S-rank Hwang Dongsoo being a potential target for Jinwoo, even with the advice from Jinchul, the former has only one way: UP.

Jinho is back...and he has a strike team of a wide variety of people, though him and Jinwoo will be the only tackling the dungeon and the others reaping the rewards just for filling the numbers. But once again, there's no need for the armour for Jinho, and one of the Hunters is Jinah's classmate Han Songyi. Practically, the party is surprised that both Jinho and Jinwoo are quite persistent in hitting the 19 C-rank dungeon raid requirement, which Jinwoo clears with ease while picking up new skills.

This information being picked up by the White Tiger Guild's Second Administration, manager Ahn Sangmin has deduced Jinwoo's ability from the high-profile incidents, and proceeds to wait for him in secret, knowing his reawakening to scout him. But everything has been secured by Yoojin Construction at an upscale cost of 50 billion, much less than the 30 billion he's willing to trade with. But the C-Rank dungeon raids will have to continue, and selling the Gates to them for 200 million apiece, Jinwoo wants all information strictly confidential. Too bad that the Gates comes with a price that he upsells as karma for knowing him, which Sangmin admits defeat.

Nonetheless, a job change quest, that is interesting.
Mar 17, 1:17 PM

Nov 2020
Nice episode but I still feel like the plot was written by a 12-year-old xD
Mar 17, 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
I honestly thought that Joohee would continue in being a hunter, but I think she's made the right move in calling it quits and heading back to her parent's home to help with their business. It'll give her the reset that she needs to start again and regain confidence in herself, so I do hope this works out for her.

The rest of the episode focused on Jinwoo and Jinho hitting up multiple C-Rank dungeons with their large group, although the two of them are the only ones to actually go into each dungeon while the rest of the team are paid to do literally nothing. One thing to note here is that one of the participating hunters is a classmate on Jinwoo's younger sister and she does look cute.

All of this activity did attract the attention of Ahn from the White Tiger Guild and he was confident in recruiting Jinwoo, but his plans fell apart so easily when negotiating with Jinwoo. Despite that, he hasn't given up on Jinwoo just yet, which does make me question his sanity! XD

The job change thing is interesting, though, so it does make me wonder what Jinwoo will do about this. Hopefully the next episode will have that answer.
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

Oct 2019
Yet another exciting episode, despite barely any fight scenes.
Jin has turned into quite the predator!
In every episode he becomes more and more distant to the weak, innocent, wide-eyed guy he used to be...

I suppose the story will lead to whether his increasing power will thoroughly corrupt him, and gradually turn him into the human monsters he was forced to kill.

Kang already warned him, right before he died, about taking care "not to gaze much into the abyss or the abyss will gaze into him". Nietzsche paired that quote with this one:
"Those who fight monsters should beware not to become monsters themselves".
Mar 17, 4:52 PM
Mar 2018
Bro really threatened and scammed a man after the man found out he was committing fraud.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

416 by Nova_xD_7 »»
Yesterday, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

394 by DisposableHeroB »»
Yesterday, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

281 by VihasYeah »»
Jun 1, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

303 by Apreggi »»
May 30, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

228 by Apreggi »»
May 30, 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.