Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 12:44 PM

Mar 2019
Frieren acting naturally. (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

Jan 12, 12:55 PM
May 2021
Peak Frieren absolutely peak.
Jan 12, 12:57 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Good beginning of the new arc. I like Frierens group. Ferns group tho.. haha :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 12, 1:56 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Marinate1016
First class mage exam arc is here!

Love the subtle ecchi jokes in this series. Not too in your face, just snarky comments from Frieren about not being able to see the sky because of Fern’s boobs.

We’re finally entering Außerst.. last stop before the dangerous northern plateau.. I really can’t wait to see what’s up there. If a first class mage is required and they’re so rare it’s got to be insane.

I love how fern is only worried about the price of hiring a first class mage or sailing because it would prevent them from getting snacks 😂

Really nice start to the first class mage exam. Being held every 3 years makes the stakes really high for anyone involved. Having both Fern and Frieren participate is a smart idea to increase the chances of success.

Poor Frieren gets the worst possible team. Lawine and Kanne fight like cats and dogs. Man I’ve never seen a duo fight the entire episode like that lmao. But as they say, the closer you are, the more you fight. When she got attacked, the first person Kanne called out for was Lawine.

Speaking of Lawine, love her design!

Only a few hours left to capture the bird but Frieren has a plan.. this’ll be fun.
@Marinate1016 On the contrary, I think that Frieren is lucky, she is on a team with Arisa and Kasumi. What an unexpected collaboration!
Jan 12, 2:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So many new characters. This miniarc is very promising.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 12, 2:07 PM
Jan 2024
Haven't read the manga but I hear this is a long arc. Excited for the potential to see Frieren and Fern interacting with other characters. Nothing will beat their party dynamic, but I see potential for Frieren to learn to manage and help people from this first episode with these two girls always fighting.

All that said I hope my man Stark doesn't just fade too far into the background.
Jan 12, 2:12 PM

Sep 2014
Now I really want to know what the old man thought when he saw the emblem
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 12, 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
Kraft made an appearance!

Looks like this arc will be lots of fun.
Jan 12, 2:19 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Phosphophyllita
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE? DID THE SOUSOU NO YURI START?
@Phosphophyllita Nah, it won't last that long
Jan 12, 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
Frieren has me laughing in this episode, from how she wasn't happy for only seeing half of the sky from Fern's lap due to, er, obvious reasons, before showcasing many facial expressions like cute pouts or a "(´・ω・`)" expression more than a few times. XD

The trio finally reach Außerst, where Frieren and Fern are ready to take their mage exams, although it's one filled with some interesting characters. One of them was Übel, who gives off a rather bad vibe. This was reinforced more after her encounter with Kraft, who beat up the stupid bandits to save themselves from a fate far more deadly. you know she'll be a tough character when Kraft himself acknowledges this with a serious expression on his face.

The other two new characters, who happen to be Frieren's teammate in the first exam, is Lawine and Kamme, who are the human definition of water and oil trying, and failing, to mix together. Out of the two, I prefer Kamme, partially due to her nicer personality and her outfit that I really love. Still, hearing from her about how Lawine pushed her to become stronger does show that, despite their dislike to each other, they do bring out the best of their strengths, so I do look forward to seeing the pair work together with Frieren in catching this pesky little bird that would give Sonic the Hedgehog a run for his money in terms of outright speed! =P
Jan 12, 3:19 PM
Jul 2023
very interesting and the world is also expanding
Jan 12, 3:22 PM
Dec 2022
If I’m going to be honest with you, in my own humble opinion without being sentimental of course, without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter from a distinctive perspective, I would like to say I have nothing to say
Jan 12, 4:01 PM

May 2015
Reply to Farabeuf
So many new characters. This miniarc is very promising.
@Farabeuf this is by no means a miniarc. This season/anime will end with the conclusion of it.
Jan 12, 4:33 PM

Jan 2021
Dang silver haired girl said her smile was pretty only for orange haired girl to say "ew that's gay." Pushing her off the cliff was the correct response.

Shocking to hear that Frieren has been defeated by 11 different people, demons, and one elf. Right there she proved she isn't and unstoppable force. There are ways to trick her. Being a powerful mage with a huge stockpile of mana isn't the only way to win a fight. Also I thought that Fern's boobs and Frieren seeing them was a shitpost, holy crap that was real.

Frieren of course gets some very riley girls, but she might have lucked how with how well they work together when it comes to magic. Fern might be in danger because she has a teacher-killing mage in her team. Hope Fern will get some confidence with her magic. She's only had Frieren as a teacher so she doesn't understand how she averages between regular mages.
Jan 12, 4:43 PM
Nov 2016
I was getting bored with this anime but this new arc seems promising so far, at least something is happening now and it doesn't feel like the usual boring slice of life from the past few episodes.
Jan 12, 4:56 PM

Mar 2020
Nice to see my goat Kraft-kun.

She really kicked her hahaha

Anyways it's kinda nice that they're not underestimating each other since they can tell each others mana.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jan 12, 5:13 PM

Jul 2016
Oh no... Frieren made another super subtle comment about Fern's breasts. Fan-artists are gonna go ham again.

Kind of a weak episode, not gonna lie. Not really a fan of Frieren's new companions but guess the idea/goal of Frieren learning about different kind of bonds is still the same.
That said, I'm honestly more interested in Fern's group and her interactions with this smug Killer Mage chick.
Jan 12, 5:16 PM
Oct 2016
The party has finally made it to the city where the mage exam is held. After months of traveling, meeting tons of interesting people, and even more waiting once they arrived it's time for this exam to begin. Frieren trying to get out of participating was funny, its great when the roles reverse and Fern has to be like the mom to Frieren. Not having enough money for snacks can motivate anyone including Frieren. Another great flashback with Frieren having that rusty necklace that held some importance to mages long ago. Luckily someone recognized it and Frieren could compete in the exam. There's quite a few interesting characters to discover in this arc, with the exam bringing many different personalities from all over looking to rank up. The first portion of this exam consisting of being teamed into groups of three. Frieren getting two very spoiled looking children for her partners. Lawine and Kanne constantly bickering and fighting even before the exam started. Frieren being her usual granny self standing there amusing at their fighting. They work together very well in action they're just very different people. Frieren can get them focused to pass this first test, she just has to get them to put aside their differences.
Jan 12, 5:18 PM
Oct 2016
Reply to Zaxphred
@redicicles i meant that stark and fern didnt get cake on their birthday though we didnt see fern get a cake or not and what stark got i cant say that was cake either but frieren gets not only a cake but a giant one at that
@Zaxphred they're in a very nice city now not a small village so a cake is more accessible
Jan 12, 6:04 PM

Oct 2018
There are so many tiny things packed in an episode, I love it. The first class mage exam is gonna fire
Jan 12, 6:06 PM

Apr 2022
exam arc underway. good to see kraft so soon. some new characters but kind of a weak episode tbh. visuals still great though.
Jan 12, 6:12 PM
Dec 2023
Epic episode as predicted!
Jan 12, 6:15 PM
May 2017
Reply to BlichoBoy
At least there's someone studied enough in that world to back up Frieren's necklace claims. Is kinda sad all the disbelief in Frieren.

Nice to see Gudako is doing part-time in this anime.

What even that cage is made of? Whatever if the bird go 0 to 1235 km/h in a second. The cage specs are more important.
@BlichoBoy Electron beam soldered Titanium?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 12, 6:17 PM
Jun 2020
sofia and andrew reaction: I DONT WANT THIS EPISODE TO END WAAAAAAAH
Jan 12, 6:19 PM
May 2017
Reply to LuisSV23
The girl with the green hair (I don't remember her name xd) gives me a very bad feeling.

I wonder how many episodes this exam "arc" will last...
@LuisSV23 Expect Übel to fight Frieren or Fern. If Frieren will allow Übel to remain alive, it is another thing...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 12, 6:23 PM
Nov 2023
Good episode, my only gripe is that I found the way Frieren's team members were written to be somewhat irritating.
Jan 12, 6:25 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
So excited that the exams are underway. Can’t wait to see this arc be adapted. Looking forward to next weeks episode 🙂
Jan 12, 6:54 PM
Dec 2023
The opening is decent, while the ending is the same with really cool uses of real life art. We FINALLY get new characters, which I am loving and need to know more about. Also that jumpscare really got me. Looking forward to the first-class mage exam
Jan 12, 7:07 PM

Feb 2011
Good ep but i want more action. We need more of those fights, like stark vs dragon and frieren vs aura

the SOL aspect isnt bad but it isn't enough to keep it at the #1 spot.

8/10 episode.

Jan 12, 7:13 PM

May 2015
Reply to LuisSV23
The girl with the green hair (I don't remember her name xd) gives me a very bad feeling.

I wonder how many episodes this exam "arc" will last...
@LuisSV23 this arc will last until ep 28, and Übel will suprise you
Jan 12, 7:27 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to BlichoBoy
At least there's someone studied enough in that world to back up Frieren's necklace claims. Is kinda sad all the disbelief in Frieren.

Nice to see Gudako is doing part-time in this anime.

What even that cage is made of? Whatever if the bird go 0 to 1235 km/h in a second. The cage specs are more important.
@BlichoBoy just thinking there is some sort of magic to bound the bird. This is a sword and magic world.
Jan 12, 7:31 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This mini arc looks interesting. I’m all for it
Jan 12, 8:00 PM

Mar 2013
I seriously thought I was going to wait for 2 months of time just to see the exam but we got a time skip. 😖😖😖
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 12, 8:23 PM

Jul 2008
Of course Fern gets paired with the killer.... wrap this up quickly Frieren.
Jan 12, 8:56 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to MadanielFL
Fern's boobs lol

So if she killed the exam proctor in the last exam, then why is she still allowed to take the exam now...?
@MadanielFL

KingGarlandJan 12, 9:00 PM
Jan 12, 9:06 PM
Aug 2016
Impactful and funny
Jan 12, 9:09 PM
Apr 2023
This is a nice intro into the arc - looking forward how Fern and Frieren's OPness will dominate the playing field.
Jan 12, 9:26 PM

Aug 2019
Kanne and Lawine are so cute, history will remember them as very good roommates.
Jan 12, 9:47 PM

Jan 2016
<(=_=)>

So far it seems like the hardest part of the exam for Frieren will be the crowd control.
Jan 12, 10:01 PM

Feb 2020
get educated you super smart lovely elf lady :)
she makes some super cute faces man I love it

Jan 12, 10:09 PM

Aug 2023
Reply to Scootboi
Good ep but i want more action. We need more of those fights, like stark vs dragon and frieren vs aura

the SOL aspect isnt bad but it isn't enough to keep it at the #1 spot.

8/10 episode.

@Scootboi well this arc will full fill that wish for you as this an exam arc and there will be some fights in future episodes based on PVs.
Jan 12, 10:10 PM
May 2012
Kanne just seems like a typical anime girl changing the pace into a typical anime, I'm not sure if that's a good idea.
Jan 12, 10:37 PM
Jun 2022
Great to see the first class mage exam started. Frieren's team seems very interesting. This anime keeps making me feel like there is something missing in my life. It's that good!!
Jan 12, 10:42 PM
Apr 2023
the funniest part was when frieren lay on fern's lap.
Jan 12, 11:50 PM

Mar 2020
The first-class exam arc has begun, and the competition is on!

With the exam arc underway, it has a bit of a shonen feel to it, and it also serves as a chance for the characters to develop, especially Fern, who needs some experience working with fellow mages other than Frieren and pull her own weight a little. While Frieren's group with Lawine and Kanne seems a bit problematic, I think the one to keep an eye on more would be Fern's group with Übel and Derek, especially Übel, who seems like an intimidating, cunning, troublemaker who will inevitably cause Fern some issues. It was a good setup episode for what's to come, and I'm greatly looking forward to it.
Jan 13, 12:18 AM

Feb 2019
Frieren's faces this time around were gold
Jan 13, 1:54 AM
Mar 2020
Frieren definitely miss Fern spoiling her now that she's stuck with two brats fighting all the time. Time for Freiren the sensei to shine.
Jan 13, 5:10 AM
Jun 2007
Ah mage exams. Should be interesting arc.
Jan 13, 5:35 AM

Jun 2016
after aurora arc , this arc is good too ..
Jan 13, 6:11 AM
Jan 2024
it's the life that I would want to live.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
11 hours ago

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Yesterday

15 by Mdraj6996 »»
Today, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.