Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2023 9:37 AM

Sep 2018
The direction the story's taking is interesting enough, I really like Kana as a character. But production-wise I think it's falling into the exact pitfall that I feared it would in terms of how I'm perceiving it, that being how the first episode set the bar way too high in terms of production values basically being movie-tier while being presented as "episode 1". Gave it a strong sprinting start, but I think how spectacular its production was is casting a large shadow over the rest of the series having TV-quality production, even though it's still one of Doga Kobo's best-looking works in that regard.
Apr 26, 2023 9:42 AM
Apr 2023
it ended with a banger
Apr 26, 2023 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
Their comments about how the show is cutting out a lot of material from the manga because they're cramming all the volumes into barely 6 episodes is definitely something that we as anime fans can also relate to lol. The logic for unfortunate anime adaptations that we've all experienced is probably the same in the real world as well, "screw the quality just crank it out to promote the source material."

So Aqua is taking advantage of this acting opportunity to see if the producer has any connection to his mom and her death. I highly doubt it considering how early into the show we are, but still, let's see how this mystery unfolds. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 26, 2023 9:43 AM
Nov 2022
OSHI NO PEAK BACK AT IT AGAIN BABY
Apr 26, 2023 9:47 AM
Jan 2023
the storyline is very good and plays with the feelings of the audience, it's really recommended to watch
Apr 26, 2023 9:49 AM
Aug 2021
Kana really has matured. She's also very sweet, and I am lowkey upset that the director is just using her. Based on that ending I'm starting to feel like Aqua may truly become an actor. Nothing much is happening in these episodes but it is still very nice. I guess it is hard to keep up the same standard set in the 1st episode with 1/4 of the time.
Apr 26, 2023 9:53 AM

Dec 2022
aquas gonna go out with a bang
Apr 26, 2023 9:58 AM

Mar 2021
Ah so Kana is that typical unrealistic cute anime girl who clings to the MC (who doesn't give a flying fuck about her) for no reason and is super jolly on the outside but has a "we live in a society" mode inside

Apr 26, 2023 10:00 AM
Jan 2023
the animation is still top notch which was unexpected
Apr 26, 2023 10:01 AM
Oct 2019
loved the episode and you cannot help but like kana, cannot wait to see what aqua can do when he's serious. I'm glad that it's staying strong after that amazing prologue episode, and god damn the music just keeps rocking.
Apr 26, 2023 10:07 AM

Feb 2021
ahhh again have to wait for next week, episode goes in a flash.
Apr 26, 2023 10:16 AM

Oct 2022
Aqua getting one step closer to finding Ai's murderer. The show just keeps getting interesting.

Introducing Kana again after the time shift, hope she play a major role in the show and not just a side character.
Apr 26, 2023 10:22 AM
Jan 2018
I kinda feel bad for Arima Kana now. Like she’s all grown up but society can be so cruel… I hope this isn’t the last we see of her, I have a funny feeling she’s going to play a crucial role later in the story~
Apr 26, 2023 10:28 AM
Apr 2023
wished every episode was an hour long
Apr 26, 2023 10:29 AM

May 2019
Good episode,  it is proceeding as I kind of thought it would with it being a mix of Aqua's and Ruby's progression of acting and becoming an idol, and also with the mystery of finding out who their biological father is.

The producer, Masaya, could be a prime suspect of being the biological father as he has similar hair color but it is early in the series so we'll see. It was funny how Kana (aka "Loli-Senpai" lol) thought Aqua was joining her because of the male lead having a girlish face haha.

I've been enjoying watching this so far and hearing from comments that it's going to get better sounds great. Lastly, Ruby and her nicknames.... funny girl.

Quickicyhot said:
wished every episode was an hour long
Congrats on your first post. I too wish these were longer, I had no idea that the first episode was going to be as long as it was (like movie length) and I was blown away although it was sad that Ai was killed off /sigh.

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
KayKimiiApr 26, 2023 1:04 PM
Apr 26, 2023 10:34 AM
Feb 2023
aqua nucleo is the best
Apr 26, 2023 10:35 AM
Jan 2023
Love it and somewhat make me to forget trageic event
Apr 26, 2023 10:42 AM
Aug 2020
Once again, I’m not disappointed, I really like the character of Aqua, his determination, the way that he is thinking.
I clearly watch the show to see what he will do to find the culprit.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 26, 2023 10:47 AM
May 2021
They are not allowed to stop here, I want to know what happens next, I WANT THE NEXT EPISODE NOW TwT
Apr 26, 2023 10:53 AM

May 2015
Some Death Note vibes in this episode.

Also Kana is a really nice girl.
Apr 26, 2023 10:57 AM
Oct 2022
the combo of mystery and comedy is weirdly good
Apr 26, 2023 11:01 AM
Sep 2021
Kana is starting to grow on me. I wasn't a fan of her during the 1st episode, but I'm glad her character personality matured years later
Apr 26, 2023 11:01 AM

Feb 2014
After this episode, I can say that Kana has really grown on me really quickly. Her personality and expressions are funny when she was getting teased at by Ruby, but I enjoyed her time talking with Aqua. It's thanks to her for dropping the director's name of the series that she was a lead character in that had Aqua agree to join her to play a minor role in.

It's almost too difficult to imagine how tough it must've been for Aqua to guess the passcode for Ai's old phone after trying in vain for four years, but you have to give him credit for not giving up in his pursuit of names linked to Ai's career in his overall goal.

Not only did I enjoy the interactions between Aqua and Kana, I also enjoyed how the show didn't hold back on talking about the entertainment industry's way of operating and not always in a way that looks appealing. Kana's had a tough time trying to get back into the limelight after so long and, while still being a bit naive at times, I do commend her own effort in doing her best to find success after so many failures.

This episode was going at a slow pace which I enjoyed quite a lot. Who knows if the pace will speed up or remain like this for now, but either way, I do look forward to seeing where the story continues. =)
Apr 26, 2023 11:07 AM
Jan 2023
Getting reacquainted with Kana was interesting. Good character development in the years that passed. The ability of this anime to balance dark and light themes is refreshing. The interpersonal relationships are nicely written. Once again the score is great (not forgetting the great OP and ED). Really nice setup for the next episode.
Apr 26, 2023 11:15 AM

Apr 2021
This cliffhanger makes me really excited. I wanna see Aqua deliver in this performance and shock everyone on set. 

The duality of Kana's own perception versus a foreign perception of her is portrayed very well and actually I'm rooting for her. For now at least, I wouldn't be surprised if she turns on him/us at some point in the future. 
Apr 26, 2023 11:18 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
That was a good development for Kanna. The way she now approaches Aqua and tries to rebuild her career as an actress even at the expense of not being properly recognized. Aqua on the other hand couldn't be more focused on his primary objective, at least kinda as he starts to emphatize with her with the way she put how the industry is.

That director gives me bad vibes but I don't believe he's the father.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 26, 2023 11:31 AM

Mar 2023
the energy kinda felt low but the cliffhanger turns it around for me ^^
Apr 26, 2023 11:31 AM
Dec 2022
So good the plot now thickens more
Apr 26, 2023 11:39 AM

Apr 2020
Loli-senpai! , She has really grown on me quickly! I love how mature she is now, and I like her straightforwardness with Aqua.  Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 26, 2023 11:43 AM
May 2020
first clue to Ai's murder accomplice is already here, how aqua responds to it is quite interesting
Apr 26, 2023 11:43 AM
Nov 2020
I love the direction they are taking with the series, I couldn't be happier with an adaptation of this manga.

Fun detail: The manga that Kana and Aqua are acting in is the manga that appears in Kaguya Sama s2 e7
Apr 26, 2023 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
That was a pretty solid episode.

Portraying the entertainment industry in a cynical manner is in itself entertaining. Add to that Aqua's quest in finding what he is looking for as the spine of the story and it will just continue strong. I think that the detractors will have a very difficult job convincing anyone that this show is going to flop. It's just good.
Apr 26, 2023 11:46 AM
Aug 2022
Aqua should be locked away for being too creepy but cool.
Apr 26, 2023 11:49 AM

Sep 2011
That was a fantastic adaptation of the first half of the TV Drama arc, everything was so well expressed.
Apr 26, 2023 11:49 AM
May 2021
i like that kana realized the way she acted in the past wasn't alright and improved herself. cool to see aqua acting again even though it's only because he has ulterior motives. i wonder if he'll quit again after this or continue acting.

odds that the producer guy is actually their father? the plot seems to be going that way, but given it's only the third episode i bet he won't actually be their father and aqua will have to start all over again. though it'd be nice if he was, only because that means less work for aqua before he can exact his revenge
My 2023 candies:
Apr 26, 2023 11:50 AM
Sep 2022
Aqua was really grinding for that password .-.
Apr 26, 2023 11:52 AM

Feb 2021
He doesn't know what cigarette exactly that guy used, so I'm not sure if this will work out...
Apr 26, 2023 11:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I like Kanna but I felt like the industry will destroy her sooner than she thinks, she's still too naive despite trying to think to abut it and being clever I feel like... anyway Aqua is that kind of hardcore Senku character and tryharded the phone's password during 4 years ahah it's funny at this point.. wonder who truly that guy is, anyway the drama shooting is hell and Aqua obviously doesn't care about it since he's just here to get DNA from the guy and the cigarettes are gonna help. Interesting development I wonder where it is going after that but I doubt Aqua will get real answers that soon.
Apr 26, 2023 11:58 AM
Jul 2021
Kana and Aqua's reunion and the fact that he unlocked Ai's phone led Aqua to more clues about her killer.This episode also does show the darkness behind acting producers.
Now talking about Kana, she seems to be kinder than her childhood self and gets closer to Aqua so now she becomes a more likeable character to the audience. And she seems to have stopped licking baking soda (LOL).  However despite her outbursts of depression,sadness at times, she seems to work much harder to improve her acting skills which again makes her a much more likeable character. Overall a great episode. Waiting for more to come :)

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Apr 26, 2023 12:02 PM
Oct 2009
Just started watching and it's the end, time really flied, no wasted time. Stupid or cringe scenes, dialogues, panty shots etc. So far it's very good.
Apr 26, 2023 12:03 PM
Dec 2019
Nice Aqua is doing acting again but it sucks how all the actors in the show he's doing suck except for Kana. I don't think that Masaya will be the father cuz the hair color doesn't match Aqua and Ruby.
Apr 26, 2023 12:34 PM

Aug 2021
Another solid episode. Kana seems like she'll be a pretty important and good character throughout the series which is good to see
Apr 26, 2023 12:42 PM

Oct 2012
Kana actually grew up into a pretty dependable girl, right? It's obvious she helds some feelings for Aqua.
I really hope they bring the end of the show to new heights so that she is more recognized after the series end (and with production quality so far I don't doubt anime will portray this part nicely as well)

As for the revenge part.. I was kinda thinking... but he was a doctor, right?
Holding spite as big as to persevere and spend 4 years to unlock one phone is one thing but killing a man is another.
And for what its worth, I can't see him breaking Hippocratic Oath he made as someone who swore to save people's lives before.

Also, I never read the manga so those are just my projections but there are strong hints this man and whole phone is just red herring, he isn't the one.
The reason is Ai was calling their father from public booth, not from her phone she never used after they were born.

Going further, not even their father is probably the one who got Ai's secret leaked. The most likely villain would be someone envious from his surrounding who wished him harm. Jealous idol from B-Komachi who wanted him for herself. Who was overshadowed by Ai's presence?
Wonder what he would do if he found out his killing target already has family and children of their own. Nice dilemma that would be.

And I wouldn't even be surprised if there was noone to blame in the end or if it was all just a coincidence as everything revolves about Aqua and his catharsis. He really needs to stop living in the past.

Anyway, wonder why he still haven't tried the easiest and tried asking their mom about whole thing. Or even her former husband Saitou Ichigo, in that regard. Ten years have passed and surely they would be able to tell them more about people Ai was around. Saitou was unaware who the father was in the first ep but still.
Apr 26, 2023 12:45 PM

May 2018
Well, this episode was a bit bit better than the last one, it's nice that they're showing the most despicable side of the entertainment industry. Also, I liked Kana, probably a good addition to the main cast, hopefully she can change Aqua, really, I find this whole vendetta plot and his edgy side insufferable tbh. I don't really care about this ''imma find my father and avenge Ai''. Okay, let's assume Aqua finds his father, then what? He will stab him? Question him? Demand answers and cry in anger in front of him? Ah c'mon! It would be a much better story if they just decided to cut all this bullshit and focus in the entertainment industry only, the whole Aqua character is a joke.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 26, 2023 12:55 PM
Apr 2023
Kana cute / Aqua WoW
Apr 26, 2023 1:02 PM
Nov 2019
Really like the dynamic between Aqua and Kana, with her trying to get him back into acting and him not being receptive but possibly changing his mind over time. Having aqua play a crazed stalker is real messed up, though it doesn't seem to bother him that much.
Apr 26, 2023 1:14 PM
Feb 2021
Aka and Mengo: let’s write about a mangaka who gets a shitty adaptation.

Also Aka and Mengo: can’t relate 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️
Apr 26, 2023 1:17 PM
Dec 2020
Cant wait for the next one!
Apr 26, 2023 1:17 PM
Apr 2023
Kinda mad about the ending but its also amazing how they end the episodes
Apr 26, 2023 1:23 PM
Nov 2022
GOOOOD episode

I like Kana a lot, I thought she would be just as annoying but luckily she wasn't like that.

Aqua is clear about her objective, I can't imagine taking so long to decipher a code, wasn't it easier to directly access the internal memory of the mobile? I say supposing it is achieved. With an adapter you can plug it into a PC and that's it, but hey, that's still 10/10, it shows that he doesn't rest and keeps going.

Shit productions are everywhere, so nothing surprises me about the adaptation of the manga that they are doing, it really isn't a product that you can ask for quality, so it's good that they reflect it in the anime.

Last week's episode focused on Ruby, today's on Aqua, is it going to continue this trend or is it only a matter of 2 episodes? We'll see it next week.

In conclusion, I really liked the episode, it ended very quickly for me for that reason xddd.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

260 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 3, 2023

457 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.