Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 21, 2017 4:11 AM
Nov 2016
Wow, Moriko CAN actually look good if she cleans up.

Pretty fun episode. I like the way the show deals with the relationships between the characters. The two main character haven't really interacted a lot off line bit it's still pretty fun to watch.
Oct 21, 2017 4:56 AM

Jun 2016
So, Moriko used to work at the same company as Sakurai? And yet they never cross each other's path before? Or probably they really don't mind each other since they're total strangers to each other. Lmfao. Now them two are finally partners in the game. Yay! :D

Moriko is me when I'm fangirling; she's the perfect epitome of my fangirling moments. Haha. Don't worry, Moriko, I bet when I'm already in fourties, I'll still fangirl like a freaking teenager. Haha.

Why am I having a feeling that that convenience store guy is one of their guild mates? Hehe. Or like he's falling for Moriko? Huehuehue. He's cute, though. Hihi.

And Moriko was so beautiful before she became a NEET, heck she's still beautiful. :p

Ugh. I hope Moriko and Sakurai will have a date soonest! I just want to see these two together most of the time.

Loved this episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 21, 2017 6:36 AM

Jun 2016
The ending was so adorable. Really liking this anime so far.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 21, 2017 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
That was absurdly adorable, I hope this anime keeps the level, I'm loving it so far.
Oct 21, 2017 6:59 AM

Sep 2017
Easily my favourite episode so far. The scene when Lily ask Hayashi to be her partner was just too cute and fun.
Oct 21, 2017 9:03 AM

Aug 2010
This is turning out to be a better show than I first thought when I first saw the summary... Really hope they will continue to go in depth with the characters and their relationships both in life and in the game! Wonder if they will go and explore societal issues further such as about NEETS, or about the workplace society in Japan etc through Morioka and her reasons for choosing to be a NEET?

I wonder why Sakurai is playing as a girl Lily for his game character...hope we'll find that soon enough. Just a thought, could it be that Sakurai and Morioka met before in that other game..?

The convenience store guy looks like he could be the guild master or the character with long green hair.. And could Sakurai's co-worker Koiwai-san or something possibly also be someone in the guild, like maybe the guild master?
Oct 21, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
great episode... a bit slow though but good

i still can believe that Lily is main guy in real life, i mean how can he act so girly and stuff like that?! lol

still wondering there's no romance tag...
michaelh19Oct 21, 2017 10:45 AM
Oct 21, 2017 10:58 AM

Mar 2013
Pre-neet Moriko was hot!
Post-neet Moriko is cute.
But what happened with her eyebrows lol

I can't help but chuckle to see how different the portrayal of these rpg games are from the real life games lol

Oct 21, 2017 11:22 AM

Jul 2009
This is so good!
They are all closer to each other but don't have idea...Convenience store guy would say that he also plays, but there was a guy waiting too, he is the guild leader...
Sakurai got curious about Moriko.And his co-worker worked with her in the past!
Oct 21, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2015
That was so awesome. I'm just worried we will end up with a shitty ending. The sooner they find out about the true identities the better. I want to see irl dating eps.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 21, 2017 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
Vysarine said:
I can totally see this all being triggered after Lily bought some gachapons, and got a matching M and F pair of outfits.

As a female I can understand playing a guy character, but I can't quite understand yet why Sakura-"chan" plays a girl character.

Loved seeing the term PUG used for Lily's backstory!
Did you just double standard that hard?
Oct 21, 2017 1:04 PM

Aug 2014
what a lovely episode, i think the green haired guy is the leader, can't wait for more.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 21, 2017 3:41 PM

May 2015
These two are adorable online. I'm honestly curious if it's still the same case if they were to meet in real life, lol.

Decent episode.

Oct 21, 2017 8:42 PM

Mar 2016
I really like how the show is balancing real-life and game life right now... so,e episode or more game some are more real! I’m so ready for them to meet up tho!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2017 9:46 PM
Jan 2017
This is turning into my favorite series of the season. I can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 21, 2017 9:54 PM

Jan 2014
This is one of the cutest anime ever. I like how both main characters are pretty much confirmed bi/pan and I can't wait to see their relationship progress. It will be interesting to see what happens when the truth unfolds.

Convenient store cashier is totally their guild leader.
Oct 21, 2017 10:56 PM
Oct 2010
I really like the cast are all adults in this, although I'm not sure what to think about Sakurai, can't really get a read on him. Then again, I suppose that's the point, he did say he was socially awkward.

MoMo kills me with her responses, she's got a bit of awkwardness herself.
Oct 22, 2017 1:01 AM

Nov 2016
Hooray! I got my wish! The last couple of episodes have had more real world interactions to flesh out the characters and their personalities. This is such a sweet anime and it's no wonder its getting so popular.
Oct 22, 2017 1:58 AM
Mar 2012
Noel still deserves her own show.
Great faces. So coworker acts as mom, flirted with Morimori already lol.
Didnt know support class is popular.
Guild actually pretty big or a previous guild? some Nico & yandere also in guild.

Oct 22, 2017 1:51 PM
Oct 2017
È UM ÓTIMO ANIME ! QUERO QUE TENHA MAIS EPISÓDIOS, ATUALMENTE SÓ TEM 3 EPISÓDIOS.
QUERO CONTINUAR ME DIVERTINDO MUITO ASSISTINDO ESSE ÓTIMO ANIME.
PARABÉNS A EQUIPE!! :D

Anime
GabrielOtakuBROct 22, 2017 2:01 PM
Oct 22, 2017 5:26 PM

Feb 2017
gophercg said:

O.O have you ever played a class based MMO? if someone plays support and is at least competent you can be sure people will almost stalk them(since you kinda need them to play and most people don't like to play support).

Also forgot to mention it on my previous post but did noone notice the subtle change in the opening at the begining(when they show Moriko next to Hayashi)?
Oct 22, 2017 8:39 PM

Mar 2012
This show is just so adorable and pleasant. Loved every bit of this ep. The giddily rolling around on the bed with the body pillow was too real haha.
Oct 22, 2017 10:55 PM
Dec 2016
I really liked this episode. Can't wait for the next episodes when the guild finally come together IRL too.
I think that the guy in convenience store is the guild leader
Oct 23, 2017 12:51 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I want more episodes! Too cute. =)

It's interesting that the co-worker knows Mori.
Oct 23, 2017 1:21 AM

Jun 2013
I’m gunna assume glasses guy is lily, kinda obvious, but funny dilemma
Oct 23, 2017 2:51 AM

Nov 2010
Very nice show. Reminds me of good old times when I played MMORPGs.
I LOL'd when I saw Mabinogi here XD:

I can somehow relate to Lily's situation. In Mabinogi I played as a female character and people thought that I was a girl in real life. Thanks to it I got a lot of help from them :). Especially when it came to gold and quests XD.
Daisetsu-bushidoOct 23, 2017 3:01 AM
Oct 23, 2017 3:04 AM

Aug 2010
So glad I decided to give this show a chance! Just binge watched all the available eps and I seriously cannot wait for more.
Oct 23, 2017 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
For a jobless, 30-something neet who don't take care of herself properly, shes freaking adorable. Also what the heck, who gets jealous over relationships ON THE FREAKING INTERNET.

Huex3 said:
Convenience store guy is the fat one online and the guild leader is probably his co-worker.

I was thinking the same thing for the fat one, but the co-worker just seemed strange so I didn't think about that.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 23, 2017 4:01 AM
Mar 2012
Luxeraph said:
gophercg said:

O.O have you ever played a class based MMO? if someone plays support and is at least competent you can be sure people will almost stalk them(since you kinda need them to play and most people don't like to play support).

Also forgot to mention it on my previous post but did noone notice the subtle change in the opening at the begining(when they show Moriko next to Hayashi)?

Mostly mmofps, there's classes like healer, support fire, brawler etc, but a match is short so folks class change easily. A sword mmo with classic grinding I used to play was mostly single player, tho I think partying was possible.
Oct 23, 2017 5:21 AM

Jul 2014
Nice ep. It's more fun to talk to online friends than real life

Whoahoho said:
GangsterCat said:
how can you get drunk just with 3 can of beers?

Compared to a man Girls get drunk easily

I think it depends on the person cuz my mom drinks more than 10 beers but doesnt get drunk and the last person standing than the men
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Oct 23, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2009
These people are so gay for eachothers' avatars lol.

❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 23, 2017 8:47 AM

Oct 2008
Hayashi and Lily finally got together as partners on the MMORPG that they are playing.
The heck!? is that a purchasable Pay-to-Play card!? I thought that online RPG games nowadays are called freemium? this means you could still go online even with just a network connection. And real money gets you instant items that are valuable...feels like they regress back the time.
4/5.

Oct 23, 2017 12:53 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Mori-chan was really attractive as an office lady, but I like her Hex Maniac look better I think.

Now that they're partners, I'm anticipating when they realize what's going on even more.

So were they friends in that old MMO? Kind of cheesy honestly.

Still really enjoying this one.
Oct 23, 2017 7:15 PM

Oct 2017
Jotakak said:
I like how both main characters are pretty much confirmed bi/pan and I can't wait to see their relationship progress.

!! this is my favorite part of the show! i really hope they get together without /too/ much drama going forwards
Oct 23, 2017 10:47 PM

May 2010
DuoraDoll said:
For a jobless, 30-something neet who don't take care of herself properly, shes freaking adorable. Also what the heck, who gets jealous over relationships ON THE FREAKING INTERNET.

Huex3 said:
Convenience store guy is the fat one online and the guild leader is probably his co-worker.

I was thinking the same thing for the fat one, but the co-worker just seemed strange so I didn't think about that.

I think the co-worker is the nekama guy.
Oct 24, 2017 7:22 AM

Jan 2013
I had no idea that there was a term for joining random parties. I use to do this often and also when I joined a small guild would also join with another small guild to increase our manpower to do special stuff that required it. That all changed when I joined an elite guild.

This kinda don't make sense. The guild leader practically knows what gender Lily is from their talk so my guess is that Lily wants to keep that notion separate. Maybe that's the angle Lily is coming from while Moriko thinks the opposite in their newfound partnership.

Seriously... the seiyuu Ueda is doing too good of a job as Lily. Still getting that doki doki feminine vibe from last episode. orz.

Vysarine said:
I can totally see this all being triggered after Lily bought some gachapons, and got a matching M and F pair of outfits.

As a female I can understand playing a guy character, but I can't quite understand yet why Sakura-"chan" plays a girl character.

Loved seeing the term PUG used for Lily's backstory!

I'm kinda hoping he picked Lily for the same reason I did when I played a girl char and that was strictly for the eye candy and nothing else... and to put her in revealing armor but I doubt that's gonna happen.
Oct 24, 2017 9:18 AM

May 2017
Anathor said:
Most misunderstandings would have been cleared pretty fast if Lily said that she was a dude irl lol. Why even get harassed by the guild leader's bitch, just tell her the truth.
The convenience store guy seemed interested in the MMO card, wonder which character he is playing.

why would he, he can asks for money (game money ofc) and items to those lonely virgin gamers. I've done it in an online game before in back in highschool, feels good to fool people lol
Oct 24, 2017 6:58 PM

Jan 2013
Can't wait for that day when they will start going out in real life and find that they played together.
It seems that they probably know each other from the past.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 25, 2017 5:05 AM

Sep 2016
I'm gonna guess what is going to happen next.
Just to see how much I'll get right, because I'm feeling like it's going to happen exactly what I'm thinking.

- The two people that helped both Moriko and Yuta in a past MMO, with which they lost contact, they're of course no one else than themselves, aka they found each other again;
- They chose opposite sex characters probably because their own particular trauma, we don't know a thing about Yuta, but about Moriko we can say it's probably why she left her work. I don't know the meaning of the flowers in the first episode, maybe she got confessed by a co-worker after being nearly harrassed by him? Or maybe they were just a goodbye gift from some colleague;
- In the middle screen of every episode and on the cover of the anime, we can read the word "recommendation". And since Yuta made some research on Moriko and asked his co-worker why she stopped working, and said something about her being a very competent worker, I'm 100% sure it won't end there. Yuta will for sure find a way to get her a recommendation, and get her back to work. And they're probably end working together. And that will be the way they will start to hang out IRL, since the dinner invitation got turned down;
- The guy in the convenience store is probably one of their guild;
- Other characters of their guild will pop out eventually IRL too, 100% guaranteed;
- Sooner or later either Yuta or Moriko will tell ingame to their partner something that will make them realize that Yuta = Lily / Moriko = Hayashi. A couple of cringy episodes will follow until the other will find out himself/herself or get told so by the other one.

An important role in the story will be held by their lack of confidence in their sexuality that will result from the first part of the story.
"Am I gay/lesbian for him/her in the game? But I'm attracted to an opposite sex person IRL" -> confusion
This confusion will dissipate when they will realize each other's identities and sex.
But...will this affect positively or negatively their personality?
And more importantly, will they react both the same way (either one) or they will be even more divided from this?
(my guess is that one of the two will firmly refuse the situation and retreat in his/her own shell, while the other one will have to find a way to help [and that will of course get settled ingame, on that "it's our secret" tree])

My final rating of this show will depend on how they will handle this.
Assuming they will even get to this part.

For now I'm at 8/10 rating.
A good ending may raise it to 9, a meh one but complete maybe a 7. But if they cut out the story like crap, it'll become a 4 <.<
FullyChargedOct 25, 2017 5:21 AM
bruh
Oct 25, 2017 7:35 AM

Oct 2013
ommmmg I want more

"Hello."

Oct 25, 2017 9:46 AM

Sep 2017
Such a sweet episode. Wasn’t very exciting but I felt some of the back story was revelaved in this one and I sense we will find out more about Moriko in later episodes.

It’s nice to know that Moriko was doing well before and didn’t become a NEET because of work issues. Pacing was a bit odd with Yuuta in the restaurant when they were having lunch but that was minor. Kinda felt disappointed by the email in the end but maybe things will pick up later :)

The talk about experiences in MMOs hit home a little so it’s nice to see that it’s acknowledged in the show. But the scene between Lily and Hayashi was so adorable and Moriko’s reaction felt so natural!
Oct 25, 2017 10:43 AM

Apr 2015
Think I'm gonna drop this and file it under Characters not for me, which is unfortunate.
Oct 25, 2017 2:52 PM

Jul 2009
I like the IRL portions too, and man finally I know why Sakurai sounds so familiar :P His interactions with his friend over KBBQ were hilarious XD Moriko looked pretty good when she was working too huh? I think that cashier at the convenience store plays too, so I'm sure he will be introduced eventually. The latter half was pretty sweet, lol both charas has a crush on another chara of their same gender, but don't know that the real player is genderswapped LOL XD
Oct 25, 2017 5:49 PM

Apr 2012
This series has a very interesting overtones, as we see a girl who portrays a boy and develops feelings for another girl, and a boy who portrays a girl and develops feelings for another boy.
Oct 25, 2017 6:59 PM

Nov 2015
Damn!! The MC is soooo relatable I feel bad for her.... and myself xD

This show is so much fun.

Just look at her being so happy about...not doing a thing regarding the situation with being asked out. She felt happy just with that and responded with a negative still. Stupid comfort zone!
HumbertoZeroOct 25, 2017 7:03 PM
Oct 26, 2017 6:16 AM

Oct 2017
GangsterCat said:
this is too good, but is Lily-san gay? hmm :thinking:

That got me wondering.
Signature removed.AGAIN.
Oct 26, 2017 11:48 AM

Jan 2012
akamuramichiko said:
GangsterCat said:
this is too good, but is Lily-san gay? hmm :thinking:

That got me wondering.

Our culture is so wrapped up in labels lol

Like its different when you're attracted to someone for THEM and not their body parts, yknow?

Looking at Sakurai, he probably is the naive and innocent type so he doesn't think his actions are necessarily romantic towards Hayashi.
He probably just thinks of partner as a close friend in the game and not romantic.

Also, Sakurai is obviously not "gay" since he likes Moriko lol
Oct 26, 2017 5:08 PM

Jan 2014
BUT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. I'M SO DENSE I DON'T KNOW IF "PARTNER" MEANS THEY ARE GOING OUT IN-GAME ONLY OR SOMETHING.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 27, 2017 3:48 AM

Jun 2015
TsundeReaper said:
Anathor said:
Most misunderstandings would have been cleared pretty fast if Lily said that she was a dude irl lol. Why even get harassed by the guild leader's bitch, just tell her the truth.
The convenience store guy seemed interested in the MMO card, wonder which character he is playing.

why would he, he can asks for money (game money ofc) and items to those lonely virgin gamers. I've done it in an online game before in back in highschool, feels good to fool people lol

Yes that was my tactic as well you could get lot of freebies, plus I would rather watch a cute girl avatar than some dude's for hours.
Oct 27, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2016
Zelev said:
BUT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. I'M SO DENSE I DON'T KNOW IF "PARTNER" MEANS THEY ARE GOING OUT IN-GAME ONLY OR SOMETHING.
a lot of mmo have marriage system that give some bonus
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

313 by SilverWolf1319 »»
Jun 11, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2017

164 by mjjones0 »»
May 16, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.