Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 17, 2016 3:47 AM

Jun 2016
Decent episode. Read some negative reactions above about the deus ex machina/ass pulls. Personally, I was fine with Kayano being brought back to life, because it made perfect sense to me that the first skill that Korosensei would pick up after losing Aguri so randomly would be emergency first-aid and surgery (amplified to super-being level, of course) so that he wouldn't have to go through it again. In fact, I would have been disappointed if Kayano died almost identically to the way her sister died and Korosensei couldn't do anything about it.

The final rainbow/white 'attack' that conveniently killed everyone was more disappointing, because it's the usual shonen route. That simply came out of nowhere, just 'feelings'.

I'm still wondering how Yanagisawa (carrying tentacle-juice) and Reaper 2.0 got through Shield of Earth. They should have been blocked in the first place, unless its destructive power works just one-way.
Jun 17, 2016 4:14 AM

Jun 2013
the fuck was Kayano thinking? of course she would lose and get stabbed no surprise there
Jun 17, 2016 5:22 AM
Jun 2016
korosensai healing skill is so COOL!!!!!
Jun 17, 2016 5:26 AM

May 2008
Arachnophobic said:

I'm still wondering how Yanagisawa (carrying tentacle-juice) and Reaper 2.0 got through Shield of Earth. They should have been blocked in the first place, unless its destructive power works just one-way.

This was answered previously in the thread. The government let them in (probably because Yanagisawa's one of the scientists who worked on Korosensei).
Jun 17, 2016 5:28 AM
Dec 2013
Frozen_Wings said:
Did I just watch a DBZ fight?
God, that episode was awesome! But 2 episodes left and pretty much nothing else to be covered in the manga, what will they do?

Ha! I'm not the only one who saw the resemblance! Maybe it was the screaming with a giant bright aura around them that gave it away? I was expecting Koro Sensei to transform into... something. I guess. Either way not disappointed.
Jun 17, 2016 5:44 AM

Feb 2014
How much I wanted to strangle Yanagisawa for laughing and gloating so much, until Koro-sensei slammed him into the barrier with a satisfying poof. Thank goodness he's gone! =D

The whole fight was brutal to watch and was excellently done. Seeing what happened to Kayano when she recklessly tried to take on the Reaper left me speechless. Although I would be normally annoyed about the ass-pull for reviving her, I'll let this one slide because of Koro-Sensei's honest reasons.

He still has heavy regrets for not being able to save Aguri when she was fatally wounded due to the spear being set off, so he's been researching the human body for all this time, finding a way to use his powers to resurrect those who were recently killed that are close to him, but only when he's around to do so...

Either way, I'm glad that Kayano was saved though. =)

2 episodes left now. I'll need a box of tissues for what's to come...
Jun 17, 2016 6:22 AM

Feb 2013
He won the fight!
I thought that Kayano was pretending to be dead for a moment.
Jun 17, 2016 8:19 AM

Jun 2016
Zazie122 said:
Arachnophobic said:

This was answered previously in the thread. The government let them in (probably because Yanagisawa's one of the scientists who worked on Korosensei).

But I'm fairly sure the government officials shown in the show (who are monitoring the situation using cameras) are surprised at Yanagisawa showing up like that. If they're the ones that allowed him in, their reactions would have been different. Oh well, it's as plausible an explanation as any.
Jun 17, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2015
The fight was really intense and the feels in this episode....idk if I should have felt sorry for the reaper in the end.
What Kayano did wasnt the smartest thing but I admire what she did. I glad she didnt die.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2016 10:20 AM

Jul 2008
danieltortoisee said:
Good episode, but the half-assed deus ex machina to bring Kayano back to life was fucking retarded. Don't bother killing a character for tension if you're just gonna bring them back a few minutes later; it's awful and lazy writing at its worst. I honestly expected better from this series than something so dreadfully bad. And it just proves that the show won't have the guts to do anything dramatic like that from now on, so good job removing any tension from the last two episodes. Well fucking done indeed.

You fucking missed the point, even though Koro made it pretty clear SEVERAL times. normally I agree that a character should stay dead, but doing so here would fuck up the whole theme and point of the ENTIRE story up 'till now.

One student, any student, HAD to be in this situation and it had to resemble the death of Kayano's sister. Koro's biggest mistake in life was the fact that he never tried to hone his skills in the way they could be used to save lives, and for that he lost the person he loved the most (and the first person he ever loved in any way). Everything Koro did, everything he taught his students, was to make sure they don't make the same mistake, that they could use their skills properly. Him saving Kayano is the most visual symbol of what he spent the last year of his life to fix, both in others and in himself.

So no, it isn't a Deus Ex Machina for one simple reason: it did not happen so Kayano could be saved. Instead, Kayano got stabbed so that he could save her.
Jun 17, 2016 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
people don't realize that even teachers have to learn. so Koro-sensei learned from Aguri's death and perfected his tentacle use so he could save his students if something like that happened. Kayano's revival was ass-pull or not isn't a main issue here. and don't talk about realism in this friggin' show pls. what a bunch of kids.
Jun 17, 2016 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
Uhhhh... kind of knew it would play out like this but it still hit me pretty hard. Koro-sensei proving once again why he is the greatest teacher. I'm gonna miss this series once it's over, but I'm gonna enjoy it as much as I can until the end.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 17, 2016 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
nicomaine said:
fudge I already cried with that last scene with Koro-sensei and Aguri watching their students under the cherry blossoms. and I even have a quiz later... gg huhu

It's so beautiful, and even more so for scene next week for sure...
and since I know what will happen next week, I'll bring tissues now. The feels are stronger animated :'(

Definitely best scene of the episode. Not even the fights nor Kayano's revival can compare. Next week is gonna be a roller-coaster for sure.

And yes, Nagisa, you have failed this Anime! Now go back and retake "Waifu-Protection 101". :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 17, 2016 11:39 AM
Feb 2015
damm that was on hell of an episode

that sugery is fking amazing

and that aguri should've said something back that would be nice but oh well
Jun 17, 2016 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
Nayrael said:
danieltortoisee said:
Good episode, but the half-assed deus ex machina to bring Kayano back to life was fucking retarded. Don't bother killing a character for tension if you're just gonna bring them back a few minutes later; it's awful and lazy writing at its worst. I honestly expected better from this series than something so dreadfully bad. And it just proves that the show won't have the guts to do anything dramatic like that from now on, so good job removing any tension from the last two episodes. Well fucking done indeed.

You fucking missed the point, even though Koro made it pretty clear SEVERAL times. normally I agree that a character should stay dead, but doing so here would fuck up the whole theme and point of the ENTIRE story up 'till now.

One student, any student, HAD to be in this situation and it had to resemble the death of Kayano's sister. Koro's biggest mistake in life was the fact that he never tried to hone his skills in the way they could be used to save lives, and for that he lost the person he loved the most (and the first person he ever loved in any way). Everything Koro did, everything he taught his students, was to make sure they don't make the same mistake, that they could use their skills properly. Him saving Kayano is the most visual symbol of what he spent the last year of his life to fix, both in others and in himself.

So no, it isn't a Deus Ex Machina for one simple reason: it did not happen so Kayano could be saved. Instead, Kayano got stabbed so that he could save her.

^^^^^^^
this, you said it all
Jun 17, 2016 2:17 PM
Apr 2016
honestly not even kidding i was crying the whole episode it was so incredible!
Jun 17, 2016 2:38 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Next episode will be the best of the series...

5/5
Jun 17, 2016 4:17 PM
Sep 2015
After Kayanos 'death' I cried a lot and really needed a little break. I was so happy when she got revived by Koro-Sensei! The whole episode fascinated me again.

Oh man next week. I'm not ready yet, but at least I have enough tissues :'(
Jun 17, 2016 4:23 PM

Aug 2015
Good episode, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Koro-sensei won the fight and saved Kayano. It just came out of nowhere.
Jun 17, 2016 6:56 PM
Jun 2016
Seriously WTF was that surgery ?! he replace the blood and the cells (Bullshit already high level) but hey don't give a fuck about the bones she don't need those things and technically speaking the brain don't survive so long but hey it's anime fuck logic
SaithasJun 17, 2016 7:03 PM
Jun 17, 2016 10:12 PM

Mar 2009
What a crazy episode. Assassination Classroom is another show's that quickly coming to an end. It's that sad time of the season...

I would have been sad had Kayano died, so I'm glad she was able to be saved.

Nayrael said:
danieltortoisee said:

Great post.
Jun 17, 2016 11:53 PM

Jan 2015
Enjoyed the fight until that last attack. Nice episode
;-P
Jun 18, 2016 1:07 AM
Apr 2016
Its pretty annoying you know. She dies . don't care. kyano comes back to life. I DONT CARE, actually I noticed something... SHE IS FLAT CHESTED
Jun 18, 2016 4:49 AM
Nov 2014
Felixkmb said:
Its pretty annoying you know. She dies . don't care. kyano comes back to life. I DONT CARE, actually I noticed something... SHE IS FLAT CHESTED

pedo, jk i noticed to.
Jun 18, 2016 7:37 AM

Aug 2010
Eyes were literally watery this whole episode.

Kuro-Sensei.. you are an angel
Jun 18, 2016 5:06 PM

Mar 2014
Wow! And all he wanted was for sensei to notice him.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 18, 2016 9:33 PM

May 2015
ONE YEAR GOD KORO-SENSEI
Jun 18, 2016 9:56 PM

Jan 2014
Ah, man. Koro-sensei having to kill his old student brought tears to my eyes. It's sad that it had to come to that. I know how it feels to want to be acknowledged. These last two episodes are probably going to have me bawling.
Jun 18, 2016 10:06 PM

Dec 2009
The feels are real. So glad Kayano got saved by Koro Sensei, it just fits so well thematically and I definitely don't believe it was an "Asspull" not after all he's done throughout this series. He's an established badass motherfucker.
Jun 19, 2016 3:52 AM

Nov 2012
wow, koro-sensei brought kayano back to life. that's an awesome skill there :p
didn't care much for the fight tbh, but it was good that koro-sensei won of course.
Jun 19, 2016 7:04 AM
Dec 2013
Pretty fun episode to watch, I cried when Kayano got hit and Koro-sensei went berserk mode :P
Jun 19, 2016 7:58 AM

Apr 2015
really hate that evil laugh when Kayano got stabbed... RIP Kayano
Jun 19, 2016 10:05 AM

May 2015
Korosensei your a man among mans. GOod job!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 19, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2015
Deus ex machina for sure, but I don't mind in this case.

KoroSensei is so awesome. I hate how they're time and time again showing how much he's grown and how kind and awesome he is.
There's really not going to be a happy ending to this anime, is there? :(
Jun 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Sep 2015
Thank you for not killing off best girl.
Jun 20, 2016 12:47 PM
Apr 2015
So glad that douchebag is finally dead.
Jun 21, 2016 3:32 AM
May 2016
One of my favorite episode !!!
Jun 21, 2016 3:03 PM
May 2016
I really hate yanagisawa. The most asshole fucking stupid bastard who acts like normal villain.
Jun 22, 2016 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
Thank God Kayano didn't die! D:
Last episode next, gonna miss this one.
Jun 22, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2015
TKotarou said:
Thank God Kayano didn't die! D:
Last episode next, gonna miss this one.

Two more actually.
Jun 22, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2015
NintendoBC said:
tfw you fail to protect your waifu

Sir you've won everything xDDD
Jun 28, 2016 9:25 PM

May 2010
Eh, I appreciate Kayano's guts but I wish she did something before dying. Like slow down reaper 2.0 or something. Sure, her near death gave Koro-sensei the resolve to get serious, but still, can't help but feel this could be better.
Jul 5, 2016 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Koro-sensei managed to kill him! He is definitely the best teacher ever.
Can't believe he saved Kayano.
That ED picture :/ This can't end now pls!!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 9, 2016 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
this was an AWESOME episode, brilliant action and it was good to see those two bite the dust, but one can't help but feel for Reaper 2.0, he just wanted to be noticed after all!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 9, 2016 5:03 PM

May 2012
Great episode I must say! Really loved the action and that ending!

Let's see what's next.
Jul 11, 2016 1:30 AM

Jan 2016
Why..... just why did they killed her off...why can't it have a happy ending....

Nevermind..looking forward for the next episode
Jul 12, 2016 2:44 AM

Feb 2016
Enjoyable episode. May the reaper rest in peace. Yanagisawa deserved what happened to him. Koro sensei is really genius by developing these skills of healing etc.
Jul 15, 2016 7:21 AM

Jul 2013
Koro-sensei is just too awesome man.. which is why I think he will die in the end. Damn. Also the feels in this episode were real. Too real.
Jul 20, 2016 10:25 PM

Dec 2013
Felt a bit dues ex machina at some points with Koro sensei' beam and Kayano's resurrection but I still really enjoyed this episode.

Fight felt like I was watching DBZ. Especially with those screams near the end.
Jul 21, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2016
Instantly burst into tears when Kayano died. I'm glad she's alive again. Episode was amazing.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2016

157 by Fancy_Flapjacks »»
Jun 4, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

472 by fullnezz »»
May 29, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

320 by Dractune »»
May 12, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

127 by AnimeChusthaBro »»
May 1, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

200 by bubba460z »»
Apr 30, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.