Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2010
gabrielrroiz said:
Jagd84 said:

I barely understood what the heck you are talking about but how about you pay bit more attention? What is the one Satella could have done to find to Felt that she displayed last week? Besides Subaru as ended up delaying Felt in this timeline so she and getting to loot a lot than she would have otherwise making easier for Satella to find them.

And why so obsessed with attacking this show anyway?

he also not delayed her in the second timeline where he went directely to the warehouse without talking to her and she still was not able to get there first
and i deslike everything about this show

I'm saying he delayed her during the 4th timeline. Plus she like got Suabru's message from Reinhard which she used spirits to locate the loot house.
Iron_MawApr 10, 2016 12:21 PM
Apr 10, 2016 12:19 PM

Apr 2015
gabrielrroiz said:

what can i say this protagonist annoys me to no end

Still doesn't justify that you continue to rant over the same damn thing without adding anything productive to the discussion. If you're so desperate to let off steam about this protagonist then find someone who cares about that and talk it out in a single conversation.
Apr 10, 2016 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
Jagd84 said:
gabrielrroiz said:

he also not delayed her in the second timeline where he went directely to the warehouse without talking to her and she still was not able to get there first
and i deslike everything about this show

I'm saying he delayed her during the 4th timeline.

what does felt have to do with the speed that woman and stella get to the hideout?
Apr 10, 2016 12:21 PM
Mar 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
omg this protagonist must be the most mentally challanged idiot i have ever seen he took three times to find out what the hell was going on even though it was completely obvious
you have a different perspective thats why from your point of view he should realize it soon..but its not that..maybe he did get back all his memories in an instant
Apr 10, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2010
gabrielrroiz said:
Jagd84 said:

I'm saying he delayed her during the 4th timeline.

what does felt have to do with the speed that woman and stella get to the hideout?

What does speed have to do with anything? Do even know their relative positions of Elsa and Satella before you can say who got where first? Remember Subaru met Elsa Felt's shack, not anywhere near the loot house.
Apr 10, 2016 12:24 PM
Mar 2013
good episode hopefully in the next one there will be more action
Apr 10, 2016 12:25 PM

Sep 2015
Omg this OP is so good !!!
I wonder what will happen to them ... the cliffhanger tho :(
Apr 10, 2016 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
Jagd84 said:
Ckaos_Inkarnate said:

It's not like I was complaining. What you said is exactly my thoughts on the subject. I just found it funny, mostly because I'm really hungry at the moment. I thought to myself if I were him I'd be happy to know those chips were mine to eat instead of that old man, even if I had to die to eat them. I guess I'm weird.

Oh, that's fine then. I'm just that it's not weird for small things like that to be the key to understand something. A missing piece of puzzle so to speak. Happens all the time in things like investigations or even inventions and such.

Word up. I figured someone might take my comment in that direction, but was too lazy at the time to explain the actual importance of the chips. Damn, now I need to go out and get some food before I go crazy!
Apr 10, 2016 12:30 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode. Cant wait to see arc2 animated. Also curious to watch the coming fight.
OP and ED not bad i guess.
Gawd Subaru prepare yourself. And the voice acting is pretty good. Really the MCs voice actor is nice.
Apr 10, 2016 12:32 PM

May 2012
I just knew that Elsa was going to be behind the door. Glad it wasn't.

Another good episode. Not as good as the first imo. I like the whole time leap thing going on. Also like how the characters are pretty much the same.

When Elsa was like I can smell your fear, I was like yea this woman is no joke.

So Stella is already at the loot house now. I wonder if she will fight Elsa since last time she got her by surprise?

Can't wait for next week.
Apr 10, 2016 12:39 PM

Feb 2015
I'll just summarize it with one word: Awesome!

Apr 10, 2016 12:43 PM
Aug 2010
AOTS.

I want to read the novel, but I'm not sure if I should read the Web Novel or import the novels.
Apr 10, 2016 12:46 PM

Sep 2014
I was looking forward to this episode the whole week and it was definitely enjoyable. There were a few things I didn't like so much though.

(1) The protagonist hadn't already realized he has the ability to go back in time yet. I feel they wasted a good chunk of the episode just to show that. Going back in time twice would have been more than enough.

(2) The protagonist doesn't seem to be making use of his knowledge very efficiently. He could have attempted to prevent everything from happening, even the theft. He could have warned people and shomehow shown that he wasn't lying instead of taking such a roundabout approach.

So basically, he seems a little too dense. A sharp-minded protagonist would definitely be more engaging. Hopefully, he'll show more guts in the following episode as well, because there isn't much else going his was in terms of what he can accomplish. He really should be taking advantage of all the knowledge he's acquired in order to be one step ahead of things and outwit even those more powerful than him.

Aside from that, I don't get why the merchant talked about him having saved his daughter. They never showed that in this episode and he only saved her the first time he traveled to this new dimension. Unless I missed something.
Apr 10, 2016 12:49 PM
Jul 2015
FlamepriesT said:
I was looking forward to this episode the whole week and it was definitely enjoyable. There were a few things I didn't like so much though.

(1) The protagonist hadn't already realized he has the ability to go back in time yet. I feel they wasted a good chunk of the episode just to show that. Going back in time twice would have been more than enough.

(2) The protagonist doesn't seem to be making use of his knowledge very efficiently. He could have attempted to prevent everything from happening, even the theft. He could have warned people and shomehow shown that he wasn't lying instead of taking such a roundabout approach.

So basically, he seems a little too dense. A sharp-minded protagonist would definitely be more engaging. Hopefully, he'll show more guts in the following episode as well, because there isn't much else going his was in terms of what he can accomplish. He really should be taking advantage of all the knowledge he's acquired in order to be one step ahead of things and outwit even those more powerful than him.

Aside from that, I don't get why the merchant talked about him having saved his daughter. They never showed that in this episode and he only saved her the first time he traveled to this new dimension. Unless I missed something.

Remember Satella was also broke when Subaru introduced her to the merchant? And she was the one pointed at the lost kid during their search?

So it's possible she was the one who helped the kid even if Subaru wasn't there.
Apr 10, 2016 12:49 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
FlamepriesT said:

Again. Satella was the ''broke kid'' who saved his daughter. He explicitly mentioned another broke kid like him. When she came into the loot house, she had a flower on her chest (remember the kid giving it to her)
Apr 10, 2016 12:51 PM

May 2015
A bit weaker than previous episode, but still solid and very good. The OP is alright, but I still prefer the ED. That ending though. I expected it would be the crazy, hot, woman. Thank god it was Emilia.

Apr 10, 2016 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
i am really annoyed how stupid the main character is and how his actions doesn't follow any logic. Hopefully things will change in episode 3
Apr 10, 2016 1:00 PM

Sep 2014
Smudy said:
FlamepriesT said:

Again. Satella was the ''broke kid'' who saved his daughter. He explicitly mentioned another broke kid like him. When she came into the loot house, she had a flower on her chest (remember the kid giving it to her)

True. The subs were definitely ambiguous though.
Apr 10, 2016 1:01 PM

Sep 2014
I can't be the only who thinks this is actually kinda meh.

The EP went really fast tho, lol.
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 10, 2016 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
mira-pyon said:
I can't be the only who thinks this is actually kinda meh.

The EP went really fast tho, lol.

There are people just like in any show but I guess they give a 2 cour show a little bit more time to breath before writing it off as such :o
Apr 10, 2016 1:05 PM

Jan 2008
I thought they were going to skip some of the previous revivals, but they were shown as flashbacks in this episode. And now that I think about it, had they shown everything as it happened, it may have just come off as too repetitive. Good start to the series so far, and loving the ending song.

How many times did Subaru need to die before figuring out he was reviving like a game-character to a save point? Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

As for Felt, she is annoying to no end. The insignia worth more than 20G? Bullshit. She agreed to steal it for a mere 10 when she took the job, and only wanted 20 or more when Subaru came into the picture. Felt had no way of knowing if her client even had more than 10, if she was planning on milking her more for it after the theft. Her greed will be the end of her.
Estoy_GordoApr 10, 2016 1:09 PM
Apr 10, 2016 1:07 PM

Sep 2014
jirachi3x said:
Op and Ed are great. Amazing episode of re zero. I was wondering how Satella found out about the loot house in this time line. I have a feeling it was the red hair guy that told her not to go there so she went there

I was about to comment about that, because it was bugging me. What you said is fairly reasonable. Thanks for saving me a headache :D
Apr 10, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2014
This episode was not as amazing as the first, but still great IMO.

Nezperdian said:
The AOTS is strong in this one.
Yup, definitely going to by my AotS.
Apr 10, 2016 1:09 PM

Mar 2010
FlamepriesT said:

He realize 5 minutes into episode once he had actually proof and spent the rest of entire episode trying to solve the situation. The only reason he didn't do it sooner was because Satella and Felt distracted him. This complaint seem really minor.
Apr 10, 2016 1:12 PM

Feb 2015
Hmmm, a good episode. Felt is a bit irritating though.
Apr 10, 2016 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
Really enjoying it.

Need to start watching more shows from this season, but so far its the one I'm liking the most.
Apr 10, 2016 1:19 PM
Jul 2015
Great Episode, can't wait for the next one.

Subaru here took lessons from Jackie Chan and fight using household furnitures, 10/10.
Apr 10, 2016 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
Jagd84 said:
FlamepriesT said:

He realize 5 minutes into episode once he had actually proof and spent the rest of entire episode trying to solve the situation. The only reason he didn't do it sooner was because Satella and Felt distracted him. This complaint seem really minor.

Sure, if you think that's a minor thing, it's your opinion. But I think it goes beyond that.

No matter what you say, I think there's no reason for him not to know what's up from the get-go after what happened in ep 1. Making him die yet again and then spelling it all out adds nothing to the story, aside from making him look like a dense protagonist. That's not a positive thing, even if it's "just 5 minutes".

That being said, 5 minutes is 1/4 of an episode, which is actually quite a bit.A lot of stuff can happen in 5 minute. But it wasn't just 5 minutes, because he went through the same alley yet again afterwads even though he knew exactly what would happen. They may have introduced a new character because he did something else this time around, but the story only got going at about 13 minutes when he goes to the Felt.

But feel free to disagree.
Apr 10, 2016 1:29 PM

Mar 2014
I will admit there are a few problems. I do think the MC should have known earlier about his revivals, but ok, the MC is just dumb. I also don't think the MC should have been able to fight as well as he did against Felt. Sure, he played video games, but that doesn't just make him a good fighter.

Other than that, I'm enjoying it so far.
Apr 10, 2016 1:33 PM
Jan 2011
Hmm. I like the pacing. This seems to be a good adaptation. There is but one thing that I kinda want to complain about. The opening doesn't fit. It's far too cheerful for this show. Or at the very least it seems to me that it doesn't fit the video in the background.
Apr 10, 2016 1:34 PM

Dec 2013
Jagd84 said:
FlamepriesT said:

You seem to be forgetting that he actually spent his second revival going through all the places that he went to in the first, whilst doing certain things that he knew that he had done everything once before (all the asking people if they'd died before, bumping into the delinquents again) but also skipping certain processes to complete the tasks he had set for himself (such as skipping the meeting with "Satella" and arriving at the loot house by himself so as to attempt to buy the insignia off Felt), which should have already indicated that he had knowledge of what he was doing, ergo the added knowledge that he was going through a time-leap revival (otherwise why would he be doing such illogical things in the second revival?).
But if that were the case, why then, did it take his third time of dying to piece all those things together? He knew specifically in his second life to go to the loot house to buy the insignia from Felt, there's no way it would have been some sort of "instinctive need to do without knowing what he was doing" thing.
I'd read other mediums of this story and it still feel inconsistent to me even now.

That said, Subaru isn't exactly the smartest person in the proverbial room, and was written that way by the author no less, so I guess inconsistent and illogical actions are... acceptable?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 10, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
The meeting between Elsa and Subaru really gives me a chills xD

I'm really doubting if it is really a revival or time leap because I think that his past action have an affect on the current situation *probably*

The OP is awesome like the ED

#AOTS(potential) even there's some haters lurking around yet still keep watching it.
Apr 10, 2016 1:41 PM

Nov 2014
Subaru was traumatized in the presence of Elsa.
Red-haired guy, would he be a help to change this situation. I think he is.
Luckily, the last time leap lead Satella to come to the loot house.

OP is good but ED is SAIKYOUUUU!!!
Apr 10, 2016 1:41 PM

Nov 2007
I actually was about to go WTF if Subaru hadn't realized it by this episode that his death triggers a time leap so I am glad we got that out of the loops at least.

I am sure the Reinhard guy packs some punch, I mean sword-skills. His warnings didn't seem like bluff. It was a subtle way to show the guy is dangerous. But I wonder which side he is on. I hope he is on the good side because he is voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi. We don't need another elite seiyuu on the bad side (I mean Noto Mamiko is there and from the opening sequences, it seems Koyasu Takehito is on that side as well).

This wasn't even in my top 5 list of plan to watch list for this season, yet so far this has been the most exciting anime so far. Here hoping it keeps the quality as is or better if improves more!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 10, 2016 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
The opening and ending are good!

Subaru finally figured out his power.
Apr 10, 2016 1:43 PM

Sep 2015
i hope that was the last time travel to the beginning, because it feels like nothing really happened so far. though it doens't matter that much since it's a 25-episode show, but...

still my favorite this season 4,5/5
Nigami_ShinApr 10, 2016 1:46 PM

Apr 10, 2016 1:45 PM
Jan 2016
Does anyone have the name of the ED song?
Apr 10, 2016 1:48 PM

Nov 2007
4061453 said:

"STYX HELIX" by MYTH & ROID

The ED credits aside you just need to go to the anime details page in MAL to know this though.
Coronavirus.
Apr 10, 2016 1:50 PM
Jul 2011
*Spoiler*

Did anyone else notice how at around 8:30, the guy at the shop said, "No problem, you found my daughter earlier so"

Subaru didn't find his daughter in his fourth life???
Apr 10, 2016 1:51 PM

Nov 2015
If only this MC didnt have an extra chromosome this could be AOTS.
still quite good though
Apr 10, 2016 1:59 PM

Nov 2007
AnimeAdamOP said:
I also don't think the MC should have been able to fight as well as he did against Felt. Sure, he played video games, but that doesn't just make him a good fighter.

Other than that, I'm enjoying it so far.

But didn't Subaru say that he had a lot of free time and used to practice swinging wooden sword all the time which gave him strength and/or agility in the previous episode when he fought the three muggers? They didn't show it but he said it himself. I could be mistaken I will have to recheck.
Coronavirus.
Apr 10, 2016 2:00 PM

Apr 2015
PukingMachines said:
still quite good though

He is written to be kind of a fool and he realizes that but he gets more reasonable and clever after this.
Apr 10, 2016 2:01 PM

Mar 2010
FlamepriesT said:
Jagd84 said:

Sure, if you think that's a minor thing, it's your opinion. But I think it goes beyond that.

No matter what you say, I think there's no reason for him not to know what's up from the get-go after what happened in ep 1. Making him die yet again and then spelling it all out adds nothing to the story, aside from making him look like a dense protagonist. That's not a positive thing, even if it's "just 5 minutes".

That being said, 5 minutes is 1/4 of an episode, which is actually quite a bit.A lot of stuff can happen in 5 minute. But it wasn't just 5 minutes, because he went through the same alley yet again afterwads even though he knew exactly what would happen. They may have introduced a new character because he did something else this time around, but the story only got going at about 13 minutes when he goes to the Felt.

But feel free to disagree.

Sigh I'm tried of this meaningless discussion that literally has no effect on the story. Point of matter his time travel ability makes no sense, where did get and why does have it? It's not like he's died before woke up all his life. So of course he's goddamn confused at what's happening in beginning. He comes to grips soon enough gets use to his situation and starts doing something about it and the plot moves on. It's not like he took years to figure it. If you can get used to dying that get for you and act like know it all and never doubt yourself great, but not everyone will accept such a thing.

So complaining about it beyond when we have moved pasted the setup and on to main goal. Otherwise it's just finishing complaints at this point. There way interesting things to discuss in 2nd episode now we are near the climax.
Iron_MawApr 10, 2016 2:07 PM
Apr 10, 2016 2:03 PM
Jan 2016
shanimebib said:
4061453 said:

"STYX HELIX" by MYTH & ROID

The ED credits aside you just need to go to the anime details page in MAL to know this though.

Thanks, I didn't know that
Apr 10, 2016 2:06 PM

Sep 2014
Fappa said:
PukingMachines said:
still quite good though

He is written to be kind of a fool and he realizes that but he gets more reasonable and clever after this.

That's great to hear. If there's one thing that can hold this story back, I think it's Subaru being stupid to the point time traveling becomes a silly thing due to his inability to take advantage of it.
Apr 10, 2016 2:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Smudy said:
FlamepriesT said:

I had a feeling that it was her but it's nice to have confirmation on that even though I didn't need to know who it was to understand how time works
Apr 10, 2016 2:10 PM

Mar 2010
FlamepriesT said:
Fappa said:

That's great to hear. If there's one thing that can hold this story back, I think it's Subaru being stupid to the point time traveling becomes a silly thing due to his inability to take advantage of it.

You know... just like what he's doing now by talking to Felt and speeding up the negotiation process by using what he's learned? Yeah, you know acting decisively. Oh wait he's idiot so he shouldn't be capable of enough thought do that. hurr hurr.

Smart people never get confused ever. =/

Tokoya said:
I had a feeling that it was her but it's nice to have confirmation on that even though I didn't need to know who it was to understand how time works

Yeah, basically it references what Satella saying about having no money either.
Iron_MawApr 10, 2016 2:14 PM
Apr 10, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2014
i wonder if the author was well educated or not and that possibly reflects on the MC who has a rude manner of speech.
Apr 10, 2016 2:12 PM

Jun 2014
I seriously don't understand why so many people are bitching about Subaru's actions. After the third loop his first priority was finding Satella so that he could fix the upcoming situation, but that ended up with him ignoring the goons and getting kekked. Just because he waited until the fourth loop to explicitly say what was going on doesn't mean he's retarded. During the second loop he made great use of the information that he got from the first one. Okabe Rintaro sat there and did the exact same thing in his second loop as he did in the first one, passing it off as a dream despite the fact he EXPLICITLY WENT BACK IN TIME. Okabe must be a super retard by that logic.

Speaking of Steins gate, I'm wondering if there are any "convergence points" in this anime. It seems that between in the third and fourth loop he ran down different alleys yet he still ran into the goons.
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
Apr 10, 2016 2:15 PM

Mar 2015
Damn, that OP song visuals are really strong opening. I mean seriously we got to see Subaru getting taken away from the 5 people he cares about by the dark hand. Meaning that if he starts all over again, he'd be the only one who remembers all the memory spent with them.

I've read the manga up to half of the 2nd novel adaptation, but as much as I love Megumin's VA. You guys haven't met the real best girl.

This anime is really sadistic. Psychological, suspense, and gory (with TV censorship as usual). I hope people won't drop it and give it a try a few more episodes at least until episode 3 or 4.

Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

818 by bubba460z »»
Yesterday, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

528 by MrList »»
Yesterday, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

716 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1725 by __kitooo »»
Jun 10, 11:29 PM

» Ferris and Subaru

Daddi4900 - Jun 3

10 by Daddi4900 »»
Jun 5, 4:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.