Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 14, 2017 7:37 PM
Jul 2015
I dropped this anime only a minute in! it's the first time i drop an anime in its first episode.
Nov 19, 2017 2:27 AM

Feb 2014
first 2 minutes are great normie barrier

Nayuta is the best girl
Nov 19, 2017 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
Alababi said:
I dropped this anime only a minute in! it's the first time i drop an anime in its first episode.

The first minutes have nothing to do with the rest of the show.
Nov 23, 2017 2:47 AM
Oct 2017
This episode will test your mettle. It's one of those infamous first episodes that tells if this is your show to watch. I'll stick around.

My Haruhi bet paid off last time it happened. :D
Dec 18, 2017 9:17 AM
Dec 2017
Its a good anime. Why the rating is so low?
Dec 25, 2017 3:37 AM

Sep 2012
Nayuta is one pervy girl lol

Alababi said:

u only so hes fantasy, what he was writing about, hes novelist, talk about judging anime way 2fast lol
Dec 25, 2017 3:19 PM
Dec 2013
Here we go, then. From the creator of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (one of my favourite anime) comes Imouto sae Ireba Ii. And they even mentioned Kobato Hasegawa from that same series too. Have to admit, the middle of the episode was pretty boring. The "Little Sister" stamps every 10 seconds was annoying too.
Dec 28, 2017 2:14 PM
Jul 2015
Sugram22 said:

Alababi said:

u only so hes fantasy, what he was writing about, hes novelist, talk about judging anime way 2fast lol

I guess i wasnt in the mood for a start like that, lol. I'll change it from dropped to on-hold
Dec 28, 2017 11:27 PM

Sep 2012
Alababi said:
Sugram22 said:

I guess i wasnt in the mood for a start like that, lol. I'll change it from dropped to on-hold

well my first reaction was like WTF is this, should i drop it but decided to see bit more & then the fantasy in hes mind ended & i was relieved, incest doesn't bother (ofc if there is step sibling romance its not incest but there isn't even step sibling romance) me that much but if the hole anime would have been like hes fantasy i would have dropped it lol
Dec 31, 2017 2:49 AM

Sep 2009
Lmao should've stuck with that egg-laying sister bullshit. It would've put every other imouto anime to shame, from oni-ai to mahouka.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 4, 2018 5:44 AM

Nov 2014
Seems interesting.., i hope there are some great development with itsuki and nayu

i like some trivias that being showed for few seconds as an interval between several scene, i'll keep on eye on this series for a while i think
Feb 4, 2018 11:16 AM

May 2012
Well this sure started completely different than how I expected this to be. Really weird and on the other hand amusing! Looking forwards to see what this series has to offer next!
Feb 28, 2018 10:08 AM
Dec 2017
I think the 1st episode started off with a bang. It really grabs your attention whether you liked it or not. As the episode progress, it got kinda boring. The MC little brother is throwing me, he looks likes and sounds like a girl. there's gotta be something to that. Imma hang in there and hope the show gets better.
Nov 7, 2018 12:49 PM

Sep 2011
Well it started as something like a huge joke, even after the fantasy but that last part piques my interest. I wonder if MC's perspective for Nayu will change.

Aug 12, 2019 11:03 AM

May 2017
"Bitchy novel !" She said , what a cute girl >_<

Sister is a brother ? Or maybe the brother is hidden sister
Silver girl main girl so she win anyway xb

8/10 mainly for the start , need some anime with that kind of funny perverted things
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 30, 2019 7:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I got so surprised by the first scene hahahaha very nice troll for the start of the anime.
And the rest of the episode was actually pretty good, I hope Itsuki will date that white hair perverted girl, she's cute.
Nov 3, 2019 10:51 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, in the beginning I was like "WTF is happening???" and then was glad it was all just one of his stories. But then the white-haired chick appeared and... that must be one of the lewdest talking outside of hentai I've heard so far, straight to the point.
Apr 22, 2020 4:53 PM

Mar 2019
Well ok,the start was weird.I liked the fact that they were talking about Oregairu and other mangas that are actually real.It's always weird to see these things in animes.Nayu is kinda weird but cute nonetheless.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 21, 2020 1:58 AM
Jul 2019
Pretty interesting show so far. It's got light hearted elements for some good laughs while also delving into the past of these characters and how it all lead to their current self. Maybe we'll get a reason why Itsuki is obsessed with little sisters. Maybe something happened to his past as well.
Aug 27, 2020 6:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, what a first episode this was! No, what a first couple of minutes rather. Jeez, I tried watching this first episode when it first aired but dropped it within the dream sequences and I can totally understand why because that was uncomfortable as heck! Was the main heroine's part even needed though xD?

Lots of classy references to Imouto Goddesses across the medium by the way, lol. Goddess Komachi, finally someone gets it.

Comedy and the sexual jokes this episode didn't impress me one bit though aside from a couple of giggles so here's to hoping it'll get better from here on.

A little sneak-peak into the perverted girl's past, I've heard it gets quite deep in this internal struggle bit so hopefully that'll keep me invested.

An Imouto-con elder brother and a trap step-brother though, certainly quite the mix you wouldn't normally see coming lol.

Pretty nice Op & ED, by the way.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 24, 2021 5:23 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Better than I first thought, also was really misleading but I m happy about that.
I can already see Nayu carrying this show hard for me, normally girls like her would be annoying, but the opposite couldn't be more true here.
May 2, 2021 2:40 AM

Jun 2020
A weird start for this episode all the Imouto fetishes are all packed in this introduction was in fact from a manuscript like I expected

Itsuki has some weird behavior especially with an obsession with little sisters a straightforward personality and here we're introduced to the other characters as well Chihiro being the fact that he's Itsuki's little brother something tells me as my first impression was a little sister, Miyako a character that we're yet to find out about, Haruto the kind of guy who's responsible or mindful in fact, and don't forget about Nayuta who's so obsessed for Itsuki a pretty straightforward character like Itsuki That's a match but not into Imouto's and a little flashback from the past looks like Itsuki's writing gave her hope and made her what she is now

We've got some interesting references from Haganai, Oreimo, and even Oregairu which I honestly was interested in that, OP and ED were nice I suppose so and I think this season will be a lot of fun considering how their relationship is and I'm really expecting forward from this point on.
Jul 1, 2021 6:32 AM

Aug 2018
Hm, so this writer shares his work tries with fellow writers.. Interesting, how open he is about this..
It seems these writers are quite sociable..
Seems like Kani will be enjoyable lewd character.. ;P
Well.. There is some truth in that creators don't always get to publish something more unusual, and we get more similar anime works as a result.. I personally don't run out of interesting and various anime, though.. But also there are tons of similar works, I guess.. Well, as people complain about it.. Like same battle shounens.. Or same isekai.. Or whatever.. I don't consume those genres too much.. And some cute girls doing cute things genre doesn't really require something unusual.. Or some other genres.. What I enjoy the most in the end are characters, after all.. Their personalities, and other stuff.. I don't feel like anime industry is repetitive.. But maybe I just either have different perspective on things, like looking at things that matter to me, not to someone else.. Or maybe something else..
Either way, I guess we'll be getting more meta stuff about writing in this anime.. And this can be quite enjoyable, I think..
Why those anime figurines were censored with light at 17:10?.. Are they referencing some imoutos from some anime?.. Can't recognize any with such censoring..
Yeah, Kani is lots of fun.. ;P Won't be commenting every instance I liked with her, but there are quite some.. ;P Lots of fun.. ;P
That's Railgun and Index books references, I guess?..
Hm, it seems that Kani was inspired by MC in the past?.. That's sweet to know..
Also Yahari Ore poster reference at 21:42.. Yeah, there is Komachi in there.. Little sister/ imouto..
It seems Itsuki was also touched by first Kani's work.. That's very sweet again..
Great first episode.. Characters are very enjoyable, as well as the writers' place we're in can create lots of interesting meta content.. Well, first episode was great.. Hopefully, whole series will be enjoyable too.. ;P
Nov 11, 2021 11:53 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang, Stark700 usually does his episode discussion posts in a very neutral fashion, most of the time just recapping some noteworthy parts of the episode. This is actually the first time I've seen him clearly voice a negative opinion. But I have a different opinion; so far, I love this shit.

So is this just eromanga-sensei, the LEGAL version??! That in itself is great but I'm just hoping for a little more substance this time around. Gave eromanga-sensei a 5/10, I hope by the end to be able to give this at least a 6/10. And so far it seems we're on the right track. We've got the crude and lewd jokes going thanks to the already awesome character that is Kani.

Read rebelpanda's review which is currently at the top. If it's everything he says it to be, this is going to be quite the cup of tea for me

Edit: Actually watched the first episode nearly a year ago because of the (in)famous opening scene. 10/10 scene btw. But I kind of left it there because I was swamped so many anime that I wanted to watch, and went for those first. That was when I first started to actively watch anime and I wanted to get my numbers up here on MAL. Pathetic I know, but that's how I was. Anyway, today I have cleared out my plan to watch list by a very significant margin, and am taking things more easily now. Now I'm just going to chill and watch some the wittier version of eromanga sensei. Just wanted to share that, thanks.
BetaMaleUltraNov 12, 2021 12:05 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 12, 2022 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
BetaMaleUltra said:
Dang, Stark700 usually does his episode discussion posts in a very neutral fashion, most of the time just recapping some noteworthy parts of the episode. This is actually the first time I've seen him clearly voice a negative opinion. But I have a different opinion; so far, I love this shit.

So is this just eromanga-sensei, the LEGAL version??! That in itself is great but I'm just hoping for a little more substance this time around. Gave eromanga-sensei a 5/10, I hope by the end to be able to give this at least a 6/10. And so far it seems we're on the right track. We've got the crude and lewd jokes going thanks to the already awesome character that is Kani.

Read rebelpanda's review which is currently at the top. If it's everything he says it to be, this is going to be quite the cup of tea for me

Edit: Actually watched the first episode nearly a year ago because of the (in)famous opening scene. 10/10 scene btw. But I kind of left it there because I was swamped so many anime that I wanted to watch, and went for those first. That was when I first started to actively watch anime and I wanted to get my numbers up here on MAL. Pathetic I know, but that's how I was. Anyway, today I have cleared out my plan to watch list by a very significant margin, and am taking things more easily now. Now I'm just going to chill and watch some the wittier version of eromanga sensei. Just wanted to share that, thanks.
not incest. He likes the concept of little sister not the actual thing. You will know why later in the series.
Sep 12, 2022 5:38 AM
Jul 2022
i don't care who you are you NEED to at least watch this show's first episode the bait during the first three minutes gotta be one of the most golden things i've ever seen in my history of watching anime
Jan 19, 2023 3:54 AM
Jun 2012
I typically watch magical girl shows aimed at 9 year olds but I decided I wanted a change of pace and for whatever reason I picked this. Did NOT take the ecchi tag seriously enough hahahaha loving it though, but man going from a magical girl show straight into whatever the first few minutes of this show were was wild
Mar 28, 2023 3:18 PM
Nov 2022
What the fuck was that opening.
Nov 15, 2023 2:12 AM
Dec 2022
The first episode started a bit weird but the story gets good as it develops.
Dec 6, 2023 9:03 PM

Dec 2022
So it seems like a subtle parody anime with some references here and there. Nothing really special about it yet, but the lunacy of Itsuki's first script was pretty funny.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 1, 11:12 AM
Oct 2014
Nayu's so horny omfg xD
Her story seems very interesting though, can't wait to see what it's all about.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

167 by Prinzwil »»
May 26, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

105 by myanimelisy »»
May 17, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

139 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 8:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.