Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 3, 3:15 PM

Aug 2008
Will be a real shame when this season ends and then have to wait who knows how many years for a continuation.
Mar 3, 7:14 PM
Mar 2019
Lawine & Kanne still fighting in the background.
Still funny many times later.
Mar 3, 7:38 PM

Jul 2020
Three more. Speechless, how can you hate this anime?
My Candies:
Mar 3, 9:51 PM
Oct 2017
very nice!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 6:43 AM
Jul 2023
My favourite anime love every ep so much...
Mar 4, 7:21 AM

Apr 2017
This anime has something special about the flashbacks, it always makes me tear up, specially when the hero shows up, idk what it is but is similar to a feeling of happiness but sad, its amazing
Hi
Mar 4, 9:35 AM
Sep 2019
that final scene made me tear up :')
Mar 4, 9:35 AM
Sep 2018
I've been looking forward to this episode for a long time. When it was shown that Frieren had been copied I was excited for the fight. The stories of the past were also told in a very exciting way.
Mar 4, 12:13 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
So, Frieren is not only a chthonic “monster” whose strength is monstrous, she literally lived even before the formation of human civilization and was even glad that she lived to fulfill the formal prophecy of another ancient elf that someday only a human could kill her? Whoa.

@AlexGK @i_want_to_escape I miss the days when comical bash brothers characters didn't get instant labels about their sexuality. I can't imagine what these two girls have to do right now without people interpreting it in a certain direction.
@RobertBobert I mean, with imagery like this:

I am hard-pressed to interpret the situation like there is not any romantic tension.
They may just be gal-pals, who knows. But my interpretation is as good as yours.
Mar 4, 12:21 PM
May 2020
episode was goated as usual
Mar 4, 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to i_want_to_escape
@RobertBobert I mean, with imagery like this:

I am hard-pressed to interpret the situation like there is not any romantic tension.
They may just be gal-pals, who knows. But my interpretation is as good as yours.
@i_want_to_escape This scene had a clear context and was clearly played as a joke. How much of their interaction outside of that can you remember in at least a subjective but strong romantic way? Just not in the spirit of “I like their ship, so I will interpret any interaction between them romantically,” but realistically? With the same logic, you can believe in the romantic tension between Fren and Frieren, because they are also very close and Fren is even openly jealous of her teacher. Her jealousy has a context, but if you don't care about the context here, then why can't we?
RobertBobertMar 4, 12:45 PM
Mar 4, 1:12 PM
Sep 2014
no box mimics booo 5 stars enjoying every spell casted
Mar 4, 8:09 PM

May 2019
MOVIE F*CKIN QUALITY ABSOLUTE CINEMA!

Pls Japan, somehow kidnapp ou blackmail the Director for keep working in Season 2.

The next season may NOT MATCH high quality standards without a master direction...
Mar 4, 10:31 PM

Jan 2021
I originally felt as if that Zoltraak alone was enough to kill clone Frieren, but after reading what other people are saying, as well as going back to the flashback, it may be plausible that it survived. In the flashback
This got me thinking, and it wouldn't surprise me if she somehow came up with a countermeasure to her one flaw to prevent someone from killing her, and if this countermeasure went unspoken by her as part of her plan. Of course, this all hinges on if that kind of think is even in her character to do.

Mar 4, 10:42 PM
Apr 2011
this show never misses it's actually crazy
Mar 5, 4:56 AM
Jul 2023
I understand best how scary I can be
Mar 5, 10:39 AM

May 2015
Frieren talking about philosophy with Serie, very strong.
Mar 6, 12:03 AM
Feb 2024
Embark on an unforgettable adventure with Frieren, a remarkable anime that seamlessly blends elements of adventure, drama, and fantasy into a captivating shounen experience. Set in a vibrant fantasy world, the series follows the journey of Frieren, an immortal elf, and her companions as they navigate the trials and tribulations of life.

What sets Frieren apart is its rich storytelling and well-developed characters. Each episode is filled with poignant moments of introspection and growth, as Frieren and her diverse group of friends confront their fears and forge bonds that transcend time itself. The animation is breathtaking, bringing the fantastical world to life with stunning visuals and fluid action sequences.

Moreover, the series strikes the perfect balance between lighthearted humor and heartfelt drama, keeping viewers on the edge of their seats while also tugging at their heartstrings. Frieren is a true gem of the shounen genre, offering a compelling narrative and a cast of characters that will leave a lasting impression. Don't miss out on this enchanting journey – Frieren is a must-watch for any fan of adventure, drama, and fantasy anime.

Mar 6, 12:33 AM
Jul 2021
Holy moly the show goes full magic canon-olly
Mar 6, 7:08 AM
Aug 2016
Simply Stunning, there's no other way to describe this episode or anime in general.
Mar 6, 8:05 AM
Sep 2021
damnnnn Fern OP!! She's the only entity alive other than the demon king who stands a chance against Frieren
Mar 6, 1:59 PM

Jun 2016
Up to date witht his masterpiece.
Mar 6, 5:18 PM
Sep 2021
it is worth watching
Mar 7, 6:58 AM

Oct 2018
SUPER EPISODE I LIKED IT

Mar 7, 12:03 PM
Jun 2019
I just love the consistency of this anime. Truly one of my favorite animes. The amount of real world lessons that can be gained by watching this show just makes it so good. Also all the wholsesome moments and mixed in with intense battles, All that really brings this show together. This is such a masterpiece
Mar 7, 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Is that a dungeon clear? Or just a prelude.
Mar 7, 10:43 PM

Feb 2016
Shout out to

plots where the main character has to face an evil version of themselves

Gotta be one of my favorite genders

๐Ÿ™
Sorry if my english is bad (ใฃห˜โ–ฝห˜)ใฃ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 8, 3:26 AM
Dec 2023
Great episode. I DON'T WANT THIS SHOW TO END
Mar 8, 8:16 AM

Jul 2017
The strategy plan to defeat Frieren's replica as she is reminded by Serie, it's all coming to fruition.

With Dunste escaping and both Biel and Edel being the latest victims of Sense's replica, he has critical information that the remaining candidates must work as a team to collectively strategize and pass the exam. Especially against Frieren's replica, with Lawine's information that the Spiegel has been controlling the replicas from the very beginning, both her and Kanne were literally the last to enter the dungeon. Counting their other options, they don't really have much time as the Spiegel immediately creates replicas of the dead. To that extent, Fern thinking of a way to detect her fatal vulnerability, she's just too powerful and skilled, literally having no loopholes at all.

Rather than go for the Spiegel, they choose to go after the replica, which Frieren had a taste before with the Hero Party. And this time, it's going to to be no different. It's a smart move that the fewer people face Frieren's replica will be fine, since of the perchance that other replicas will find them. With Fern and Frieren facing the latter's replica, tension mounts with the matchup between the real and the fake as Fern decides what to do to stop its tracks. And Zoltraak may be a way for Fern to do it since she's been ingrained since birth, while mages like Frieren suffer from a timed delay.

To think that Flamme would want Series to take over for teaching humans about magic, this would be the same way to how the Hero Party would be formed to face the Demon King. But this isn't Serie's intent, regardless of how humanity is taught magic like her dream does. And her favorite magic, it's the creation of a field of flowers, like the special blue flowers that we saw earlier in the series. Elves like Serie and Frieren have all the time, but humanity will change within the 1000 years to overtake demons.

Reality bites back in the face for Friwen, her accumulation of life experiences, all for Fern's Zoltraak moment.
Mar 8, 9:02 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to RobertBobert
@i_want_to_escape This scene had a clear context and was clearly played as a joke. How much of their interaction outside of that can you remember in at least a subjective but strong romantic way? Just not in the spirit of “I like their ship, so I will interpret any interaction between them romantically,” but realistically? With the same logic, you can believe in the romantic tension between Fren and Frieren, because they are also very close and Fren is even openly jealous of her teacher. Her jealousy has a context, but if you don't care about the context here, then why can't we?
@RobertBobert I never implied anything sexually related (at least did not intend to).
I only said he missed the best screenshot in regards of hilariosity :D
Mar 8, 9:06 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to AlexGK
@RobertBobert I never implied anything sexually related (at least did not intend to).
I only said he missed the best screenshot in regards of hilariosity :D
@AlexGK It's very hard to figure out what you implied and what you didn't when, after the ship gains popularity, every character interaction starts to read as romantic or supportive of the idea of โ€‹โ€‹their relationship. I'm apologize if you didn't mean anything like that, I'm just tired of people running ahead of the locomotive with this.
Mar 8, 9:33 AM
Apr 2021
No comment . Perfect
Mar 8, 10:20 AM

Mar 2016
Through cooperation and comprehensive planning, there are no impossibilities.

The whole squad has finally found a glimmer of hope now. Turns out that her mana detection is interrupted for a fraction of a second when a spell is cast. A fatal flaw in a rapidly changing realm of unpredictability that occurs during a battle. Even with this information, as Richter stated, Frieren is far too skilled in other areas, it still would not be an easy battle to win. The conclusion that their planning came to is, predictably, using Fern's lightning-quick spell casting to kill Frieren's replica whilst Frieren herself fights an equal battle against her replica. Meanwhile, all the other mages are spared the effort and are assigned to fend off the other clone replicas. Surely the mage that was once a part of the hero's party who had cleared the most dungeons in history would never lose this time, right?

The battle between Frieren vs Replica Frieren lasted far shorter than I would've liked it to be. We did see some high-level spells that she used like Judradjim and Vollzanbel, however, I would've liked to see more. Though assuming that Fern didn't fully kill off the replica at the end, there is more action to enjoy in the next episode! Madhouse absolutely cooked with this fight sequence yet again, but man. I wish there were more IMPACT for the sound effects used for these giant spells. I hear nothing but a poof.

The flashback to Frieren's last talk with Serie is quite significant
It seems that Flamme desires a world in which humanity is allowed to research and utilize magic in their everyday life, she sees the beauty of wielding magic and wants the others to share the joy she feels to be capable of magic. Additionally, the abolishment of the ban on researching magic would grant humanity another asset to use for combat and to progress their civilization to a level never reached before. A sight that Serie does not desire to witness. However the work has been put into motion, Flamme has become the very individual who introduced and founded humanity's magic. And just as Serie has predicted... Within 1000 years, humanity has overtaken everything that the continent has to offer... Afteralll...

๐™๐™๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ƒ๐™š๐™–๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™€๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™, ๐™๐™ช๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ง๐™š๐™™ ๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™š!
Mar 8, 10:29 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to RobertBobert
@AlexGK It's very hard to figure out what you implied and what you didn't when, after the ship gains popularity, every character interaction starts to read as romantic or supportive of the idea of โ€‹โ€‹their relationship. I'm apologize if you didn't mean anything like that, I'm just tired of people running ahead of the locomotive with this.
@RobertBobert Yea, thats why I wrote a reply, I see its hard to figure out what I meant :D
I only found the wrestle shot beyond hilarious and since no one even mentioned it, I felt I needed to :)
Mar 8, 10:32 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to AlexGK
@RobertBobert Yea, thats why I wrote a reply, I see its hard to figure out what I meant :D
I only found the wrestle shot beyond hilarious and since no one even mentioned it, I felt I needed to :)
@AlexGK It seems that one of the show's animators is a very big fan of puroresu.
Mar 8, 11:45 AM
Nov 2023
the animation is amazing
Mar 8, 11:55 AM
Feb 2024
Even gods can bleed
Mar 8, 12:54 PM
Feb 2023
awesome episode great animations
Mar 8, 3:24 PM
May 2022
Mad house cooking
Mar 9, 10:24 AM
Feb 2022
Animation, art direction, and music all were amazing. I love that this ep really went beyond the manga and blew my mind.
Mar 9, 12:14 PM
Dec 2023
Incredibly wholesome moments reminiscing of strategizing with the hero's party. It's always lovely seeing Frieren happy, and Fern by her side enjoying that. Also, the end of the episode is incredibly hype
Mar 9, 12:14 PM
Dec 2023
Incredibly wholesome moments reminiscing of strategizing with the hero's party. It's always lovely seeing Frieren happy, and Fern by her side enjoying that. Also, the end of the episode is incredibly hype
Mar 9, 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@AlexGK It seems that one of the show's animators is a very big fan of puroresu.
@RobertBobert Wait, speculation or actually real trivia? Because that would be fucking hilarious haha
Mar 9, 2:49 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Danpmss
@RobertBobert Wait, speculation or actually real trivia? Because that would be fucking hilarious haha
@Danpmss Pure speculation, because the moves they showed are quite popular, including in the Western mainstream like WWE. For example, one of the submissions they showed was once Bryan Danielson's signature move.

Mar 9, 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@Danpmss Pure speculation, because the moves they showed are quite popular, including in the Western mainstream like WWE. For example, one of the submissions they showed was once Bryan Danielson's signature move.

@RobertBobert I see.
Either way yeah, I wouldn't put it pass as a possibility.
Mar 9, 10:20 PM
Jan 2022
Amazing this anime
Mar 9, 11:13 PM

Oct 2010
Yeah, see I said it would be all about the casting speed. Peak. Had everything.
Mar 9, 11:16 PM

Oct 2010
Reply to watsym
Very good, the episode was too short
@watsym Stopped half way through, "I'm half way through, noooooo"
Mar 10, 3:58 AM
Sep 2014
how is this anime still getting better, baka na
Mar 10, 9:26 AM

Aug 2020
Best girl Fern proving once again to be up to the task at hand.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
11 hours ago

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Yesterday

15 by Mdraj6996 »»
Today, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.