Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 27, 8:15 AM
Nov 2023
Wirbel is very nice guy👏🏻
Jan 27, 8:18 AM

Sep 2013
God I love this show.
sic mundus
Jan 27, 9:26 AM

Jan 2011
all these new characters are very cool
Jan 27, 9:30 AM

May 2015
Damn, that cliffhanger :(((
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 27, 10:09 AM

Apr 2022
More setup. Imagine a lot of viewers who want action and action are probably a bit pissed (which I assume explains the relatively more divisive ratings this episode has had), but I love the setup almost more than the payoff (and this series has never failed to come through with the pay off so far), so I am on board.

Next episode should be exciting.
Jan 27, 10:27 AM
Oct 2010
Up until this arc we've seen a lot of the best that this kingdom has to offer, and now we're seeing the absolute worst it has to offer. Top of that pyramid of feces, inciting the mages in their insanity is the worst of the worst, Serie. It's a shame that this is going to end at the exam arc, it's going to leave with a bad taste in my mouth that the manga almost immediately washes away by returning to the better things the kingdom has to offer.
Jan 27, 11:16 AM
Aug 2013
why is it recap i did not liked it
Jan 27, 12:12 PM

Sep 2017
Fuuuuuck it's not like Frieren to give a cliffhanger like that. I am very much looking for Frieren to overpower the old dude, but idk maybe I'll be surprised. Also the elf from the OP was finally revealed. So they are connected to the magic test. That makes sense if this is gonna be what the remainder of the season will follow. It also seems likely that Frieren has met them before.
Jan 27, 1:09 PM

Aug 2022
Fucking cliffhanger...
Jan 27, 2:19 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Tarrian
Up until this arc we've seen a lot of the best that this kingdom has to offer, and now we're seeing the absolute worst it has to offer. Top of that pyramid of feces, inciting the mages in their insanity is the worst of the worst, Serie. It's a shame that this is going to end at the exam arc, it's going to leave with a bad taste in my mouth that the manga almost immediately washes away by returning to the better things the kingdom has to offer.
Tarrian said:
To much copium, dude
Jan 27, 3:55 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Another great episode. It’s a shame we only have 8 more episodes to go until this season is over 🥲 this really has been a journey and every episode has been so refreshing and beautiful 😍 I can’t wait to see next weeks episode to see Denken face off against Frieren
Jan 27, 4:50 PM
Nov 2019
can't wait for the fight scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 27, 6:57 PM
Mar 2019
Student showed just how good she is. Next episode, we see the master do it, and be reminded again why Frieren is the master.
Jan 27, 7:21 PM

Mar 2008
So many mages to keep an eye on from all their tricks and power.
Jan 27, 8:40 PM
Oct 2019
Fern using Zoltraak like a Machine Gun LMAO

OMG THE CLIFFHANGER!!! 🤬
Jan 27, 8:41 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Smilomaniac
I don't get why this arc is dragging on. The whole premise continues to feel awkwardly forced and a departure from the tone of everything previously.

I don't get the 'teenager geniuses' rather than veterans and scholars. Why we're suddenly doing 'my hero academia' with quirky spells, I have no idea. I have zero investment in any of the hastily presented characters or the suddenly revealed reward of the exam.

This drags the score of the show pretty hard.
@Smilomaniac Bro didn't pay attention at all, sounds like you problem.
Jan 27, 8:43 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Piromysl
"Belive me, this close up on Serie's feet was absolutely necessary to the story."

@Piromysl Feet People got another W today
Jan 27, 11:29 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
That went way too quick lol
Jan 28, 2:04 AM
May 2015
another cliffhanger, OMG!!!
Jan 28, 3:10 AM

Dec 2008
Ahaha a cliffhanger that will most likely end in favor of Gandalf/Frieren.
I can't take this capture the flag seriously, it's a competition for arrogant kids.
The only tension is that someone might get killed by someone to catch a stupid bird.
I hope that the show returns to the open world adventure setting from the beginning.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 3:51 AM
May 2022
the best episode and anime.
Jan 28, 6:06 AM

Jun 2016
Glad to see the party in part 1 moving on to the next phase. That is assuming they can keep the bird.
Jan 28, 8:13 AM

Mar 2019
The face of someone who is about to kick the ass of everyone:

Jan 28, 8:45 AM
Dec 2023
Things are going down. I'm hyped for the Denken v. Frieren battle
Jan 28, 9:12 AM
Nov 2022
Fern being the best, nothing new 🚬.

I miss Stark xd
Jan 28, 9:38 AM

Jun 2008
How many episodies just to catch a pidgeon? And I used to like the pace of this show...

Jan 28, 10:16 AM

Aug 2013
The fact that Denken knows who Frieren is and is still confident in his ability to beat her makes me excited to see his magic on display. Btw, have they explained what exactly is an "Imperial Mage"?
Jan 28, 11:22 AM
Apr 2020
i like da funi elf girl
Jan 28, 12:58 PM
Jun 2017
basically nothing happened
Jan 28, 1:09 PM
Oct 2014
This exam arc really isn't it. I hope they get this over with quickly.
These last two episodes just feel like slightly better animated "filler" that you'd expect shows like One Piece or Naruto to do.
Jan 28, 2:45 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to 2Weeb4U2be
Is it just me or this episode doesn't feel as intricately made as the rest of the series? Character just spouted out dialogue for no reasons or any natural transitions like Wirbel suddenly, in the middle of the fight, just talked about his backstory to his enemy out loud. Or characters do illogical stuff like Wirbel just blindly trusted Fern for absolutely no reasons whatsoever, when he is a supposed battle-harden mage. The dialogue writing is horribly mediorce as it is filled with characters stating the obvious, talking about their backstories, or just spewing exposition when it could be shown instead.

I absolutely love this series but this episode to me felt like a massive fluke and most of the recent episodes felt like I am watching an average fantasy anime. Hopefully, the show can recover and deliver us a satisfying finale.
@2Weeb4U2be you have to realise at this point wirbel is looking for any reason not to kill this girl, and is actively trying to distract himself form the task. also, if he was a battle-hardened mage, he would 100% be expecting fern to have just killed that one girl whos name i forgot, as he would likely have seen mages do on the battlefield before. these two things combined is probably what made him very likely to believe fern. she even had me believing she had killed her for a moment.
Jan 28, 6:27 PM

Apr 2019
An insane 1v1 will take place next episode.
Jan 28, 7:43 PM
May 2023
Nothing fancy in this ep but build up some fire the next ep gonna be fun for sure
Jan 28, 8:07 PM
May 2017
The animation hiccup at the beginning where the edgy guy was moonwalking was pretty funny. Surprised that slipped through with how consistent everything has been.

Still enjoying this though. The chill vibes really make this easy to watch.
Jan 28, 9:03 PM
Jul 2023
Holy shit, can't wait to see that old man's ability and for Frieren to meet her master's master
Jan 28, 9:38 PM
Jan 2024
i love thissssssssssss
Jan 28, 10:23 PM
Apr 2023
Fern is to be feared, using basic spell...
Jan 29, 1:22 AM

May 2015
Good episode, but the fight and trials episodes are not usually my favorites.
Jan 29, 2:09 AM
Jan 2024
the fight was not that fire but it is still awesome >:D
Jan 29, 1:44 PM
Jan 2009
I'll be super honest, I don't really care for this arc. I much prefer Frieren when it's just being an adventure show, I didn't sign up for a tournament shonen arc, very generic so far too.
Jan 29, 7:29 PM
Feb 2020
Very monologue heavy and a high concentration of "so strong that they're unable to be fazed" characters. Not a fan of battle arcs to begin with, but this episode had many tropes I dislike and less of the more quiet atmosphere that drew me to Frieren.
Jan 29, 10:00 PM
Jan 2021
the best anime sousou no frieren
Jan 30, 3:38 AM

Sep 2015
the weakest in term of animation so far.. but overall it still enjoyable
Jan 30, 7:19 AM
Feb 2015
Ohhh excited for next episode, so the first mage will get their wishes granted type of thing. Fern will be first mage no doubt, Frieren seem uninterested in it if she need to kill someone to get it but with new information and spell maniacs she is, maybe she will become serious hmmm
Jan 30, 11:22 AM
Aug 2022
finally Denken is here and Serie got a brief introduction
really enjoy the adaptation~
Jan 30, 11:49 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Horrorreader91
The fact that Denken knows who Frieren is and is still confident in his ability to beat her makes me excited to see his magic on display. Btw, have they explained what exactly is an "Imperial Mage"?
@Horrorreader91
Horrorreader91 said:
Basicly he is Minister of Magic in Northern Empire - strongest country among all of Humanity (back in days when DK forces were invaded Human territory and were able to conquer 2\3 of them = move deep into the Central lands, Northern Empire was the only country who was able not just repel demons but push them back, retake it own territories and go into offensive)
So, yep, Denken is one of the main figures in the Empire, man who is close to the Emperor
Jan 30, 1:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah, it's time for Frieren battle now after Fern's team part
Jan 30, 2:34 PM
Nov 2018
Think the strengths of the anime are the landscapes, the flashbacks and the characters and it's not playing on any of thoses strengths lately.
Jan 30, 8:56 PM
Apr 2018
GIVE ME THE NEXT EPISODE! I DONT WANT TO WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY!!! AAAAAAAAH! The build up is REAL!
Jan 30, 11:46 PM
Jul 2021
Dayum the animation still holds up
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
9 hours ago

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Yesterday

15 by Mdraj6996 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.