Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 24, 2023 11:32 AM
Jul 2021
verrrry amazing ending
May 24, 2023 11:33 AM
Oct 2020
If this episode didn’t improve the ranking. I don’t know what will.
May 24, 2023 11:36 AM

Mar 2010
Not sure about ya'lls. but this was kinda cringe. I mean I can't hold blonde lad having a semi incest view on his mommy since he was reincarnated as her son. but hawt damn.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 24, 2023 11:36 AM

Jan 2023
Holy shit, that ending gave me chills. The rebirth of Akane has arrived.

It goes to show the dark side of the Internet and particularly Twitter along with how harmful online messages can be to a persons mental state. 
Gotta say though, it's very relieving to have a lighter episode after the previous one. With the efforts of everyone to reduce the criticism of Akane, it's a very touching moment.

I'll be waiting for the next episode, singlehandedly raised the score of the anime from a 8 to a 9.

May 24, 2023 11:37 AM

Mar 2020
Great to see that Akane was able to recover from the internet backlash, since the cast of the show was very supportive, and worked hard to help her out. The entertainment industry and its fans are very hard to deal with, you just can't please everyone, especially the ones who are way too invested in what they consume. That's why people put on facades, so that they can be your armour if something like this occurs. It's hard to "be yourself" in an industry that can be as brutal as this, it can come with frightening returns.

Admittedly, I am a bit mixed on Aqua's character. While it's great he saved Akane, and it makes sense for him do so, he's quite the manipulative guy, and the show frames him to not the best person, yet doing some heroic things. His character is a bit edgy honestly, not that's it's really bad or anything, it just reminds me of Ayanokoji from COTE a little, which isn't the greatest.

The plan to make a "behind-the-scenes" cast member video was quite a good idea though, and it shut some people up for sure, and changed the thoughts of some of the Akane haters, but not all of them. It's great to see her get back to work, and she is now AI REINCARNATE?!? That was nice.

A very well directed episode from the director of FMAB, though I did enjoy the directing style from last week's episode a bit more. Doga Kobo is doing great, hopefully it continues to be as consistently great looking for the last four episodes.

Episode 8 in two weeks, the wait will surely be a painful one.
May 24, 2023 11:39 AM

Jul 2010
May 24, 2023 11:40 AM

May 2021
akane in ai mode is why she's the goat!!!! aqua got a new mommy fr.
May 24, 2023 11:40 AM

Sep 2008
i basically had a heart attack while cumming in my mind in those seconds, fuck, just fuck, what the fuck, i had high standards for this anime, but that, that fucking blew me away, im watching practically everything this season, and to me, aside from episode 1 of this anime, and the moment you first watch the yoasobi IDOL video, this was the 3rd time this anime made me feel that way (maybe the second, not sure if the music video counts) fuck it, i usually dont rate shows until they finish, but for now this is a fucking 11/10

best anime this season, I...Im thinking in adding this to my top 10, its rare for me to even consider moving anything there, it hits hard man

i watched like 2500 animes, and believe me when i say, this moments, albeit rare, are generation defining

....on a side note, that face that aqua made, i had the same expresion, i even had spoilers for this, and even then, hits like a truck.
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
May 24, 2023 11:42 AM

Feb 2023
Uh...

I don't think I like Akane anymore. She's giving me the hibbie jibbies.
StyxParadiseMay 24, 2023 11:58 AM
May 24, 2023 11:44 AM
Feb 2023
mshfqtny said:
Confused_100 said:

Nope. That’s just a problem with Akasaka’s writing. He doesn’t know how to move main plots forward.
l agree with that. I know how he messed up kaguya-sama and kinda messing up oshi no ko too.

But I'm saying that it's not what happening in this case. This is an arc which is for introducing a new character. And for creating a character you have to give him/her a background. This is the background.

And also, looking for Ai's murderer is not the only aspect of this story. Another aspect (in my opinion the main aspect) is revealing the dark side of the entertainment industry. Which is portrayed in this arc. So there shouldn't be any problem at all here.

Oh yeah, i see this arc as one of the best if not the best imo
May 24, 2023 11:44 AM
Jun 2022
AKANE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME
May 24, 2023 11:45 AM
Feb 2023
Rimusimp said:
Confused_100 said:

Nope. That’s just a problem with Akasaka’s writing. He doesn’t know how to move main plots forward.
May I ask why you are so obsessed with ruining everyone’s fun with this show? You post on everything with some sort of comment dissing the show. Even on good episodes you would say, “well to bad this is the only time it’s good”. Like I get not liking a show, but bro you’re obsessed

Dude I said this was a good episode like my 3rd favourite lol
May 24, 2023 11:45 AM

Sep 2012
I feel like Acqua lowkey unleashed the Kraken lol
May 24, 2023 11:46 AM
Nov 2022
I'm chilling! My God what was this episode!
Aqua saving Akane; everyone moving in order to do something for her and after all she turns out to be a genius.
The moment she started to study Ai-San, her eyes looked like a universe full of stars forming. And out of nowhere she comes out as the character Ai-san.
Not to mention the characters mentioning that they could be canceled on twitter for saying something that could be misinterpreted... this is very 2023, where we don't have the freedom to express what we feel without being crucified, by everyone.
Guys, I'm freaked out! "Oshi no Ko" is by far the best anime of the Spring 2023 season; I really want to see the next episode.
May 24, 2023 11:46 AM
Sep 2022
the ending was too fucking good
May 24, 2023 11:47 AM
Jan 2021
My heart almost explodes in hype at the end of every episode! This show is awesome!
May 24, 2023 11:48 AM
Jan 2018
The show did a downright godly job portraying the supposed uncanny resemblance. It actually sent chills down my spine. Haven't been this impressed by an anime in a while.
May 24, 2023 11:48 AM
Feb 2020
The ending was 🔥🔥
May 24, 2023 11:49 AM
Feb 2020
The ending was 🔥🔥
May 24, 2023 11:50 AM
Feb 2021
Akane awakened Mangekyou Ai-ringan.
May 24, 2023 11:53 AM
Apr 2017
WOW! I was not expecting that final scene
May 24, 2023 11:57 AM

Dec 2018
quickly becoming one of my favorite shows this season, despite not caring at all about idols. this episode was packed with feels and the last few seconds was so moving and powerful, the whole scene was fantastic.
May 24, 2023 11:59 AM
Jul 2021
This episode shows the problems social media and tv industries have which are still largely ignored. It teaches us how to create a persona of ourselves in order to not get hurt.

Glad Akane was saved by Aqua.
The amount of hardwork Aqua put into the making the video along with his buddies to save Akane shows how much he cares about her.

She also looks to get better in her acting and also be the ideal one for Aqua.

The way the anime depicts these scenes and how it has been doing so far is truly commendable.

A 10/10 for this episode.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
May 24, 2023 12:01 PM
Aug 2018
I almost gave this a 3 because of how the subject matter was handled. But man, that ending pulled me right back in. Akane's transition from herself to Ai was masterfully done.

This episode confirmed my hatred for Yumi. The fact that she slapped Akane, while being an excellent parallel to the initial conflict, absolutely drove me up the wall. It was even worse when Yumi mentioned apologizing on social media, yet being too worried she'd get flamed back. As excited as I am to see Akane's new "character," I won't be disappointed when we move on from the reality tv plotline and never see Yumi again.

Aqua was also on thin ice when he called Akane foolish; what kind of former medical professional would say that!? As someone who has suffered from major depression for years, this really irked me, especially after how well the subject matter was handled in the previous episode.
May 24, 2023 12:06 PM

Aug 2015
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Umm... is he still looking for Ai's murderer or the show completely turned into school/teen drama BS?
The only reason Aqua went on the show was to get information on who Ai was close to.

May 24, 2023 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode
Akane's acting is so powerful she unlocked the Mangekyo Sharingan without having to murder her closest friend.
May 24, 2023 12:07 PM

Feb 2014
At least half the runtime of the episode was explaining stuff.
"This is how tweets go viral"
"This is how haters work"
"This is how production goals are"
Then they tweet one clip, the production of said clip was not shown only explained. Suddenly everything's good. So easy, huh?
The issue of bullying was not solved, instead they bypassed it in this instance, by showing a clip that showed Akane had a good relationship with the girl she slapped. Lets say the relationship wasn't good and the other girl was mad at her, what then? Would the haters then be correct? It only superficially addresses the main issue and puts a "all according to keikaku" cloth over it to cheaply resolve the conflict while also making the protagonist look good.

Ending of the episode gave me a bad feeling. There were discussions about Ai being revived, which I thought were bullshit. Apparently the author found an alternative way to bring back Ai without reviving her: Just turn one of the other girls into Ai. That's at least the vibe I got, but will see how the show is going to deal with this.
MizunoWaveRiderMay 24, 2023 12:11 PM
May 24, 2023 12:13 PM
Dec 2014
that last part where akane imitated ai just left me speechless
May 24, 2023 12:17 PM
Feb 2018
It was a shock for the last scene. Dang
May 24, 2023 12:19 PM
Jul 2015
I never really add a comment to these kind of forums 
but the ending of this episode really gave me chills with the amount of accuracy Akane showed with copying Ai's behavioural patterns in a instant.

tho I did find her way of researching pretty creepy though.

the way Aqua looked at Akane was answer enough! 
can't wait for the next episode!!

episode was 10/10
May 24, 2023 12:20 PM
Jan 2022
The ending did hang me in. Akane perfectly characterizing Ai was unexpected. I wonder if Aqua is gonna have her research on who Ai could possibly have a relationship with?
May 24, 2023 12:22 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
holy f*cking sh*t balls the last scene gave me chills

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 24, 2023 12:25 PM
Jan 2018
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED
May 24, 2023 12:29 PM
Aug 2020
a really great episode
May 24, 2023 12:32 PM

Feb 2023
I adore how the show immediately lets Akane prove Aqua wrong about having to be "already born with" those qualities. Ai knew what she was doing, very much so. She had lines about watching herself in the mirror and practicing every gesture down to the microexpressions. Akane and Ai, respectively, are both scarily insane geniuses, and watching Akane grow into that role is gonna go so hard.
May 24, 2023 12:35 PM
Aug 2020
that cliff hanger ending was crazy. I have to wait two weeks 😭
May 24, 2023 12:36 PM
Aug 2021
Akane best girl, Aqua you lucky man
May 24, 2023 12:47 PM
Apr 2018
Best girl Ai ! Her attitude and voice and everything as described by Aqua is just the best. 

Ai reincarnated as Akane! 

10/10
May 24, 2023 1:06 PM
May 2023
The ending gave me chills
May 24, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2018
Good to see everything get resolved. I hope Akane's future as as actress is not affected too much by this.
May 24, 2023 1:09 PM
Apr 2019
Idk how the English sub was, anyway, the term brought by Kana (loli-senpai) in the second to the last scene is 「シャーデンフロイデ」 = ‘schadenfreude’ -- Ger./SocPsy., “enjoyment, delight or satisfaction derived from observing someone else's misfortune.”  Since 2020s, the word has come to flamboyant attention.
May 24, 2023 1:09 PM

May 2016
I felt the buzz. The unlit candle in my heart has been reignited. It is now burning brightly, beaming with vigour, thanks to Akane. With support from her friends. Akane managed to come out of the social media storm in tact. I'm happy she's recovered from the undeserved online abuse she experienced. Akane has shown us, It's possible to pull through even the toughest of storms and return a better version of yourself. 
May 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Aug 2014
Well that was best episode I think since episode 2. Thx to Akane, but she was also creepy researching AI ;o
This is first time I want to watch next episode of this anime so much ;o If the next episode is also good I will raise back my vote to 8/10
but how is that possible she got AI eyes all of the sudden?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 24, 2023 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
Man poor Aqua didn't realize what he got himself into
May 24, 2023 1:15 PM
Jun 2022
jaw dropped on the ending
May 24, 2023 1:23 PM

Jun 2021
It's Akane's time to shine! She did a great job imitating Ai's personality. The smile, the eyes, and the lies, she perfectly manifested them! Best girl Akane, I've been rooting for you!!
RedcherMay 24, 2023 1:33 PM
May 24, 2023 1:32 PM
Jun 2019
I always feel like that now the anime is gonna fall down or something but it only gets more and more interesting, waiting for these sure are worthwhile but my curiosity doesn't like waiting soo much.
Damnnnnn.
10/10 anime as of now without a doubt.
May 24, 2023 1:34 PM

Nov 2021
Omg the end of the episode gave me chills, perfect directing right there. I honestly consider giving this show a 10/10 atp
May 24, 2023 1:35 PM

Feb 2014
This was one hell of a turnaround compared to how depressing the previous episode was with the horrific abuse that Akane got from social media. Thanks to Mem notifying the others during the stormy weather, Aqua sprung into action, knowing what route Akane takes to the convenience store, and got to her just in time to save her. It then led to the police station where everyone had an emotional reunion with Akane, which Aqua was determined to do something to help her reputation.

He and the other cast members of the reality show worked hard to make a video from their own point of view, helped by Aqua's negotiation with the film crew, and was able to make a video which helped change the opinion of Akane. Few critics remain, but the vast majority stopped their bashing, which helped Akane to finally get back on her feet and join back with her fellow colleagues and friends.

One thing that did surprise me was how obsessive Akane was with her research into Ai, after hearing from Aqua about what his ideal girl would be, which Mem correctly guessed. The attention to detail with her research was rather scary, but it resulted in her putting on a convincing act that left Aqua completely speechless, especially as she had that same look in her eyes as Ai did. It was the perfect way to transition into the ED song to end the episode as well.

These last two episodes has definitely helped cement this series as one of the best so far this year. =)
May 24, 2023 1:36 PM

Aug 2021
akane sure seems to be the crazy type, in a good way though
Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

260 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 3, 2023

457 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

469 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.