Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 28, 2010 6:09 PM

Dec 2007
Considering the span was episodes 7-20 or so, it only feeling a "little" rushed is pretty dang impressive.
May 29, 2010 2:04 AM

Apr 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Good thing I could barely remember anything from the series for the epic impact of this movie. The many new scenes, extra character and different plot changes really surprised me. However, I expected a little more Mari.

Best movie I have watched in a long time. 9/10.

Well, I'm still waiting for Disappearance on DVD.
This, including the Haruhi comment. >_>
May 29, 2010 7:22 AM

Sep 2007
pigoz said:
The music was kind out of place in the Dummy System activation. An I really like the desperation of Shinji helplessly watching the angel/eva getting devastated.
The other problem is that the story felt a little rushed..
Well I could say that U like that music.
It show how the dramatic the scene is.
May 29, 2010 9:08 AM

Mar 2010
Holy shit, my mind just got blown. Also Unit 08 looks sick. I wish they developed Asuka more though, she kinda was sidelined this time around.
That kind of got me thinking, if Rebuild has any connection to EoE.
untrust_usMay 29, 2010 9:11 AM
May 29, 2010 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
the story did feel a bit rushed but it was great..I agree that there were times when the music was out of place...but the movie was amazing-I did expect Maki and Asuka to take more screen time-and while everyone says that Asuka showed more feeling in this version(well...she did but not too much change),she and Shinji made less progress in the movie than they did in the tv series..as for Rei I think she's the one who changed the most...given that I like Asuka more than Rei I hope Asuka will play a bigger role in the next movie(s)...I have the feeling that the movie was less dramatic than the tv series(it might be just me though) :) now...only 3-4 more years to wait for 3.0 and only 1 for Fate UBW and Haruhi(though nothing will be as good as this-maybe 3.0 or 4.0)

It might be just me...but I think Asuka's voice is kind of different...:)) it might be the time gap or just the fact that she is not so against Shinji in the movie as she is in the tv series
HRisaMay 29, 2010 11:06 AM
May 29, 2010 11:02 AM

Oct 2008
poor asuka
May 29, 2010 12:36 PM

Jul 2007
Just finished re-watching this... What can i say damn it felt like the the first time. So awesome :3
May 29, 2010 12:38 PM

Aug 2007
I've never thought I would say that. But I like the movies more than the series.
May 29, 2010 2:37 PM

Dec 2008
OH! That was bloody awesome.

Several times i was struck by the pure amazement.
May 29, 2010 3:44 PM

Feb 2008
This movie was absolutely fantastic!! This is coming from someone who hasn't watched past episode 4 of the origional series.
May 29, 2010 4:11 PM
Dec 2008

>11666 members
>666

OSHI

Already watched that horrible camrip, but I need to get this in blu ray before I can say it's better just because of the animation or not. That being said, this was a fun movie, not amazing, but I really liked it and I'd watch it again.
May 29, 2010 5:49 PM

May 2009
Not as amazing as I expected, but it was still very good and great fun.
May 29, 2010 5:59 PM

Jan 2009
So what's the origination of that song they play at the end? (before credit rolls) It's the same one as the one in K-ON!! (called Tsubasa wo Kudasai). Is it some old japanese folk song or something?? (and re-made in diff anime??)
May 29, 2010 8:03 PM
Dec 2008
This movie blew my fucking mind.
May 30, 2010 12:29 AM

Jan 2008
The last fight was awesome!

Mari looked cool with EVA-02 in beast mode, but EVA-01 "BERSERK" mode was the better one. Woah, I just felt so excited when Shinji got red eyes and only thought to kill the angel and rescue Rei.

Awesome!

But poor Asuka to have to wear now a eyepatch. In 2.22 she looked that she would got heavy damages.

And I thought that Mari would get more screentime. Because... she is different from Asuka and Rei. She is more... "psycho". She knows about the beast mode and so on.

But now I can't wait to see the next Movie. Which should airing when? xD
May 30, 2010 12:44 AM

Apr 2010
the story soooo different from tv series .... have more character, ..and what can i say? ..GREAT director ...you make evangelion more to be remember as the best anime. I follow evangelion from 1994 ...and now is 2010 ...eva still great to be watch again. And this movie eva 2.22 ..its booming . Great remake ,,,for duration movie ..this eva have great plot like the title - You can (not) advance ... ended with confusion ...and make agitate to see evangelion 3 Q - Quickening .
May 30, 2010 1:52 AM

Feb 2010
Wow, after watching Disappearance and this I can die happy now.

MOST AMAZING MOVIES EVER!
May 30, 2010 2:16 AM

Apr 2008
A few friends and I just watched the Blu Ray version and holy hell it was amazing. We all had our minds blown.

Anyways, rumors are that Quickening is supposed to air in the Japanese theaters during the summer. Perhaps a little too optimistic, but I heard that it is because 1.0 and 2.0 did so well that the studio put a "no budget cap" on Quickening. So the gap isn't supposed to be as bad as with 1.0 and 2.0. But who knows if that's true or not.

Either way, I can't wait for Quickening...

May 30, 2010 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
just rewatched this again on a 720p version and woah as expected better than the camrip and it totally blew me away while watching this and the musics when shinji is fighting against angel eva with asuka inside as well as when shinji is rescuing rei at the end adds to the darn magnificence of this movie
May 30, 2010 6:09 AM

Jan 2008
blue_heavens said:
So what's the origination of that song they play at the end? (before credit rolls) It's the same one as the one in K-ON!! (called Tsubasa wo Kudasai). Is it some old japanese folk song or something?? (and re-made in diff anime??)

Yes, it's a Japanese folks' song. It was made in the early 70s. I've heard at least 3 different versions of it; This one, the one in K-On!, and another one performed by Lia and Tada Aoi. (The singers who did the opening and ending for the currently airing Angel Beats.)
May 30, 2010 8:12 AM

Dec 2007
ftiki88 said:
Anyways, rumors are that Quickening is supposed to air in the Japanese theaters during the summer.
Really? I've heard that Anno wants to release the last two movies consecutively (at the same time), so I imagined that would push back release to at least Summer 2012.
MeddigoMay 30, 2010 8:30 AM
May 30, 2010 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
Scenes that made me go SHIIIT

11/10
May 30, 2010 2:39 PM

Jul 2007
Just finished watching the 720p version. Christ... Unit 01 and the beam spamming had me chuckling towards the end. Not as much as Mari's singing though.

I won't say it's much better than the original, but they did make a few interesting alterations. Gendo seems to be less of an ass than usual, Asuka less of a bitch, Rei less stoic, and Shinji less of a wuss.

As for Mari, her insertion seemed rather irrelevant until I realized that she may have served as a buffer preventing Asuka's loss of self-esteem. A more mentally stable Asuka participating in later events might be a good thing.
YuunagiMay 30, 2010 3:51 PM
May 30, 2010 4:21 PM

Jan 2010
Epic!
nothing more to say, i think it was better than all Evangelion serie.
May 30, 2010 6:20 PM

Mar 2010
Action-wise, I'd say yes, but nothing tops EoE for me.
May 30, 2010 7:10 PM

Sep 2008
HOLY FUCKING FUCK! This was only the second one? We still got 2 more of these? If this plans on getting more EPIC I think my skull might implode. My god it has been far too long since I been completely enthralled by an anime. This tops the original in every aspect. They took everything awesome about EVA and ramped it up to 11 and done away with all the crappy bullshit that plagued the original. As some one who fucking loathed the original, I never knew I would ever be able to like these characters, but now I love them. Shinji's not a whinny cunt, Rei's not a emotionless meat bag, and Asuka's not a Hitler incarnate anymore. just fucking awesome. So buying the entire set on BD when it's all said an done. 10/10
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
May 30, 2010 8:22 PM

Jul 2009
Rewatched in blu-ray quality today. Best anime movie ever for me hands down.
May 31, 2010 1:03 AM

Mar 2009
the 1080p was just too great. they took all the good visuals from gurren lagann and used them without being over the top, which i thought was a nice touch.

ugh the fact that this is shaping up to be shinji/rei is making me so happy. i always preferred them together than him and asuka.
May 31, 2010 1:14 AM

Jul 2007
Blew my mind, that it did. The animation was stunning. Story wise, it was even more impressive. I didn't expect so many changes to be made to the original story but it seems it was for the best.
After watching this movie I can honestly say that I'm now enjoying this version of the story more than I did the original.
I'm excited to see what happens next.

Though it really pains me to think just how long I'm going to have to wait for the next movie..
May 31, 2010 2:17 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Rewatched it a second time, THORA & UTW this time. Finally great video quality worthy of being called Bluray. Was amazing again, still terrified about what happened to Asuka.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 31, 2010 3:01 AM

Sep 2007
Rewatched for the 4th time using DMZ sub. DAMNIT, I still can't forget what happend to the movie. And I'm struck happened on Asuka - I better like to called that "BLOODY VALENTINE"

LOL :D
May 31, 2010 3:28 AM

Jun 2007
i was in a terribly state of awe the whole movie.

this movie definitely made my year, and maybe my decade. it's just one of those movies i know i can keep on watching for years, and never get tired of.

the story itself was epic enough to make me like the movie, evangelion's great story being re-created, and the little details that stay there, with the huge changes, makes for a great rebuild.
being less extremists with the characters was also another plus. specially asuka showing more deredere.

a definite facepalm was when asuka became 3's pilot. that was a bitch. specially since we all know what HAD to happen to 3..... at least we all know asuka will come back.... sadly with an eyepatch... but lets hope that doesn't last too long...

i definitely have to say, this move had quite the few badass parts... the best mode, and maki not caring about mental contamination from the eva was amazing. i guess that's what could be called synchro over 9000. same with shinji and 1, he went badass while piloting berserk (not really berserk tho) eva.

now, hopefully q quickening will come faster than we think, because it really is killing me not knowing what truly happened to asuka, how shinji and rei are gonna get out, and maki's true purpose (other than being another eye candy, badass, and awesome character)
May 31, 2010 4:50 AM

Jul 2009
2.22 pierced the top 10!

I expect an overrated thread soon, then a sudden surge of 1/10's.
May 31, 2010 8:21 AM

Mar 2010
Shinji willing EVA 01 in to Berserk mode was badass enough. Blocking both Zeruels "beam" attack with its own AT Field and then countering with its out Angel level long range attack was epic.
May 31, 2010 8:59 AM

Jan 2008
Unbelievable. There were parts where I honestly couldn't believe how good it was. So fucking incredible. Only two more years.

May 31, 2010 1:47 PM
Feb 2008
the hell is wrong with these directors? they f#@$%^ up my childhood with just too songs out of place, the scene where shingi fights the unit 03 was supposed to have that old but awesome song from the original series, then the last angel fight had that song for a while, just to replace it with the same stupid song from before. the hell is up with that?
May 31, 2010 1:59 PM

Dec 2007
The two songs were completely different.

The song that plays during Unit 01 destroying Unit 03 is "Today is the Time for Goodbye".

The song that plays at the end is "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" or "Please Give me Wings".

You are obviously not an Eva fan if you don't know Anno's penchant of using seemingly upbeat music in the midst of chaos. While these two uses were good, it still doesn't top Komm Susser Todd in End of Evangelion.
May 31, 2010 5:21 PM
May 2010
PERFECT, just PERFECT!!!

Only the Evangenlion can be better then the evangelion!!!!
May 31, 2010 6:44 PM
May 2008
I can't even come up with words to describe that. Just too good.

All I know is that there's no release date for 3.0 yet, so I'm guessing I've got atleast a year to learn Japanese and find my way overseas to watch it in the cinemas because I can't do another wait like that again, not now. I need to see it.
May 31, 2010 11:30 PM

Sep 2009
This was pretty awesome. One of the best anime movies I have ever seen. I would give it a 10, but I felt there were too many unnecessary fan-service scenes (really...it's not like the movie wouldn't still be awesome without them). So my final verdict is 9/10....though animation wise, it's definitely 10/10.

Edit: Fixed minor grammatical error.
saxophone15Jun 1, 2010 4:26 AM
May 31, 2010 11:56 PM

Jan 2009
Oh god the Engrish! xD

Mean Europeans, sending self-destructing Eva's >.> xD
Om nom nom : | .. But.. But .. D:
At least she's not. Dead : | Right?
The bestilization was brutal O.o
And berserk mode even more so~
Oh.lol It's that song xD

Damn though, that was awesome, so god damn awesome. And not just that, but Asuka in the test suit~ <3 She is still alive though, right? Right? (Oh and Pen-pen is of course really cool too, as usual)
I've got nothing to add : 3
Also. I hate Shinji's voice. And I did already in the orignal. Pretty hard to ignore it as well >.>
Lastly,
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 1, 2010 3:55 AM

Jul 2009
What the fuck was that.
"A detoxified Akihabara would just be another electronic town!"

Jun 1, 2010 4:05 AM

Jul 2009
saxophone15 said:
This was pretty awesome. One of the best anime movies I have ever seen. I would give it a 10, but I felt there were a too many unnecessary fan-service scenes (really...it's not like the movie wouldn't still be awesome without them). So my final verdict is 9/10....though animation wise, it's definitely 10/10.

Gainax know fan service sells. All this moe crap doing so well.
Jun 1, 2010 5:53 AM

Feb 2008
I wish I there was an "epic" rating.

Seeing Unit 01 go supersonic was rather impressive indeed ;D So animation wise it was far superior to 1.11. Seeing some fanservice was quite refreshing as well, Asuka in test type plug suit...

So all in all, 10/10 from me.
Jun 1, 2010 6:23 AM

Jul 2009
TheCorruptedOne said:
I wish I there was an "epic" rating.

Seeing Unit 01 go supersonic was rather impressive indeed ;D So animation wise it was far superior to 1.11. Seeing some fanservice was quite refreshing as well, Asuka in test type plug suit...

So all in all, 10/10 from me.

lol when Unit 01 went supersonic i was like

"wow"

shit was intense. def. better that 1.11.

10/10!
Jun 1, 2010 6:52 AM

Sep 2008
Did Shinji always scream like a pre pubescent girl? been a while since I saw the original
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jun 1, 2010 7:15 AM

Jul 2008
Jigero said:
Did Shinji always scream like a pre pubescent girl? been a while since I saw the original

Yes.

Megumi Ogata (the voice of Shinji) collapsed on the studio floor after recording for Eva 2.0 because she was so tired from shouting so much. When she was sitting on the floor Hideaki Anno said to her;

"Thank you for keeping the character's feelings unchanged even after 13 years, and on top of that, thank you for adding 13 years of your own experience to the current Shinji."

She said it was the first time Anno praised her rofl.

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/07/07/ogata-megumi-on-evangelion-voice-acting/
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jun 1, 2010 7:23 AM

Jan 2008
anybody know what the avi 400p quality is like?

Jun 1, 2010 8:24 AM
Feb 2009
+Nice looking animation
+Good music
+Mari

-Storyline is seriously horrible, yeah i know this is Rebuild and there have to be some changes but ffs....
I can uderstand somehow
but i dont know wtf about fight against zeruel

6/10

Vote: 3 out of 5: It was OK

RoE 2.0 is some like Avatar, really nice to admire everthing what u see and what u hear but if u come to storyline u dont know what to say
Jun 1, 2010 8:39 AM

Dec 2007
What do you mean "probably Kaworu will come to help them"?

Did you not watch after the credits or something? Kaworu used the Lance on Unit 01 to stop 3rd Impact from happening.

And this is nothing like Avatar. Avatar was lame because it was just basically Dances with Wolves with tall smurfs. Unless you can name a singular movie that Eva's story copies your comparison holds no water.

EDIT: Sigh, I really should look at a person's anime list before replying. Should have known you were a troll, what with giving Green Green a 10/10.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Stop after this movie if you dont want to be disappointed

CickNipolla - Oct 12, 2022

40 by Zero00phantom »»
Apr 2, 4:44 PM

» Mari being an insert for Hideaki’s wife

hanekawastiddi - Sep 3, 2023

6 by certainmiracle »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:00 PM

» Why They've shown Rei Nippels but didn't show Asuka Nippels?

LoliSenpai0x - Aug 6, 2020

9 by Jun_Rei »»
Feb 28, 2023 1:38 PM

» Shinji is gigachad

samthestan - Nov 26, 2021

6 by JohnLivelyMan »»
Apr 12, 2022 10:56 PM

» End of Evangelion or rebuild movie?

Requiemofthewind - Nov 7, 2021

8 by animeforlife808 »»
Nov 9, 2021 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.