Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2023 2:34 PM
Apr 2023
As far as I know there are 11 episodes, the series will end with the 12th episode (it is said that the 2nd season will not come. I am not sure, so I said it will end in the 12th episode)
Who is the man in the green hoodie? Who is aqua's father? Why didn't Aqua and Ruby say anything to each other about their past lives? . I feel like they forgot that they are dead and resurrected, what happened to Akane? .
it's going to be a really bad finale
I wish the 1st episode of the series was the finale of the series or jojo ending was the real ending. How did they start to get boring when the first episodes were so great?
Jun 21, 2023 2:37 PM
Oct 2022
I really love Kana Arima and I really want to watch the next episode OMG
Jun 21, 2023 2:40 PM
Mar 2019
Another great episode, less Aqua but we're finally moving forward with Ruby's arc, although it feels like she's more of a side character now compared with Kana...
Jun 21, 2023 2:59 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So we're ending the season with the last episode being the new B Komachi's debut performance. Perfect timing indeed

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 21, 2023 3:06 PM
Mar 2015
And on with the show
Jun 21, 2023 3:09 PM
Oct 2020
getting better and better
Jun 21, 2023 3:36 PM

Mar 2010
Damn kana prolly was so stressed as a kid she never got her period, no offense...

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 21, 2023 3:42 PM
Dec 2019
Makes sense that they'd be nervous it is the first performance.
Jun 21, 2023 3:52 PM

Jul 2022
y0u th0UgHt 1t w4S p1ey0N bUt 1t W4s m3 DI0!!!!
Jun 21, 2023 4:19 PM
Oct 2019
Kana focus episode and it was amazing.
the struggle growing up as a child actor, Kana need to get her W back.

Can't wait for the finale!!
Jun 21, 2023 4:19 PM
Mar 2018
The ending of this episode was so well done. Moments like that make every issue I have with the inconsistent mood of this anime worth it.
Jun 21, 2023 4:32 PM

Oct 2021
It's nice to see Kana overcoming her fears thanks to Ruby and "Pieyon", who somehow fooled the girls despite his different physique. This adaptation has been perfect, and I'm looking forward to the final episode.
Jun 21, 2023 4:44 PM

May 2014
Decent episode. Not really into the idol stuff much though. Got baited in episode 1 into watching a dumb idol show noooo. It's still enjoyable though, no hate haha.

So Ruby is in love with the guy who is now her brother and Aqua is in love with the girl who became his mother. Noice.
Jun 21, 2023 5:04 PM

Feb 2021
Luigi11Ism said:
Embient said:
The new B-Komachi was in the OP the whole time btw
Eyy they're using the insert songs from episode 1! They are all on the official YT channel btw: https://youtu.be/A9ZC_917IvU
Holup, is that really Aqua...? No way.
So one of the reasons Ruby is doing this is to find Gorou... And she named the group B-komachi so he can recognize and find it... But now he's her brother... awkward
That's actually him damn! It was nice to hear Pieyon's natural voice too.
Poor Kana man, but Ruby's here to say the right thing and cheer her up! I really loved how this episode was focused on her, Kana's such a good character
Last episode next week with new new B-Komachi performance! Really excited but also sad
" The new B-Komachi was in the OP the whole time btw" What do you mean by that? 

At 1:15 you can see Mem-cho, Kana and Ruby as a group in the outfits they wore this episode for their performance. So I'm saying that the OP is a bit spoilery.
Jun 21, 2023 5:12 PM
Jun 2021
Aqua actually switched places with Piyeon tp help Kana, ending was great. Next week is the last ep i guess we will be getting a stage performance 
Jun 21, 2023 5:17 PM

May 2022
Kana being the protagonist of this episode and getting that character development was incredible.

Anxious to watch their presentation next week.
Jun 21, 2023 5:22 PM

Nov 2019
Good episode, but nothing mindblowing (except maybe Aqua voicing Pieyon)
Jun 21, 2023 5:39 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Gotta have mad respects for Aqua for faking Pieyon's voice and encouraging B Komachi to take that last few steps towards their presentation. I don't really know how he didn't get find out considering how muscular the original though.

In nay case, this is another Kana episode and one that deals with the pressure she has self imposed throughout the years and with her current role as the center of the group. She certainly has what it takes but is now afraid for the rest and that's completely understandable. She's starting to be my favorite feamle character from the cast and I'm already looking forward to watching how it all ends next week.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 21, 2023 5:40 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ALL I COULD FUCKING THINK OF SEEING KANA'S SHIRT LMAO

https://youtu.be/6vYnas6q3Sg?t=178
Jun 21, 2023 5:40 PM

Jun 2022
Maou_heika said:
Just one more episode to go and there's no progress in finding the real culprit behind Ai's murder.
It's in the manga.
Jun 21, 2023 6:27 PM
Jan 2023
We ❤️ Piemon-san
Jun 21, 2023 6:33 PM
Nov 2022
I loved the episode, we got to know Kana's background and why she acts that way when it comes to her career.

Also, we also saw a bit of Ruby, although it didn't spread too much, but it's still very interesting.

AquaGOD.
Jun 21, 2023 7:03 PM

Apr 2022
yet another banger episode. this perfect adaptation just refuses to miss!
a lot of focus on best girl arima, that flashback was rough tho. ruby's as well.
aqua posing as pieyon, solid reveal. the amount of good shots in this episode tho.

performance on stage for the girls next week, good place to end this solid season.
Jun 21, 2023 7:08 PM
Mar 2023
so good ı loved unblievable
Jun 21, 2023 7:13 PM
Jun 2023
I hope Arima gets the recognition she deserves next ep 😭
Jun 21, 2023 7:14 PM
Feb 2021
Amazing. Simply incredible.
Jun 21, 2023 7:21 PM
Jun 2023
can someone spoil for me whether or not Kana Arima finds out the twins are both Ai's kids?
Jun 21, 2023 7:35 PM

Aug 2017
Kana Arima really shined in this episode. She is now the center for B-Komachi and holds the weight on her back.  Aqua impersonation as Pieyon is pretty good. It gave B-Komachi a good coaching and some motivation. It's funny how Kana almost fell for this Pieyon but it was Aqua behind the mask. Then the day before the japanese idol festival, Kana found Aqua taking off the Pieyon mask. Her reaction to it was priceless. Absolutely shocked to the point that she didn't get any sleep last night lol.

Can't wait for B-komachi group slay the performance in the finale episode. What a wild ride. B-komachi woohoo!!!

Jun 21, 2023 7:43 PM
Mar 2021
kana my love had so much screentime <3 ruby had more screentime this time around too u love to see it mwah
Jun 21, 2023 8:22 PM

Apr 2021
This was a great episode. We got to see Kana's perspective of how things are for her. And come on give Aqua some credit!!! He helps them from behind the scenes!!!

Can't wait to watch the finale!!!!
Jun 21, 2023 8:24 PM

Feb 2018
LegendXsohan said:

I have a theory that he is Aqua's father 😂😂
Oooo magaaa that was big suprise for today
Jun 21, 2023 8:32 PM
Nov 2021
very very very hard
Jun 21, 2023 8:49 PM

Mar 2007
"He's got the same build as Aqua!" cough cough, omg what if it is Aqua? And it was. That's a great twist.

Then she's being plagued by doubt and insecurity, relateable.
Jun 21, 2023 8:52 PM
Apr 2021
Actually teared up a bit when Kana opened up to Ruby, such a beautiful and poignant scene. 

Super hyped for the season finale!
Jun 21, 2023 9:00 PM
Feb 2021
UnknownUser101 said:
Fun facts about the real Pieyon: He is speculated to actually be Kazeno from Kaguya-sama: Love is War, a well-known rom-com also created by Aka Akasaka, which is many times confirmed to take place in the same universe as Oshi no Ko. How funny that they literally have Kazeno's voice actor, Taishi Murata, be the same voice actor for Pieyon. They freaking knew what they were doing! Let them cook.
Aka Akasaka Cinematic Universe, hahaha

Another great episode, as usual. Next episode will be the last episode of this season.

Bruh, the tracksuit hiding Aqua's skinny body, it was obvious it was Aqua the whole time impersonating Pieyon, covering the real one. Aqua doing the duck voice hahaha.
Gorou Amemiya, the doctor was Ruby's first love, and the reason she wants to be an idol is because he promised to become a fan if she ever did. She believes he is still alive and well. This hurts, man.
Kana is an amazing girl, she wasn't primarily concerned about her own well-being but rather about ensuring that the other two individuals didn't experience failure.
Oshi no Ko episode 10 explores a unique theme in anime: the struggles of child actors. It delves into the pressure they face, the fear of failure, and the impact it has on their young lives. Unlike kids in sports who learn about winning and losing, child actors experience the highs of fame and the crushing blow of losing it all. This episode poignantly portrays how this can warp their perception of success, robbing them of a carefree childhood.
Oshi no Ko fearlessly exposes the dark side of fame and success in the entertainment industry, including the toxicity of the idol world and the struggles faced by characters like Kana. Her journey resonates as she transforms from a confident actress to someone paralyzed by the fear of failure.
Kana, a once proud child actress, grapples with feelings of failure and doubts about pursuing dreams. The episode showcases her heartbreaking journey and the support she receives from other characters, encouraging her to try again despite the risk of failure.
Kana's story sheds light on a significant issue in the entertainment industry: the lack of protection and guidance for child actors. It's disheartening to hear about former child actors who have taken their own lives due to the overwhelming pressure and feeling like failures. Kana's character reveals the consequences of lacking parental guidance during crucial moments, leaving her ill-equipped to handle the emotional toll of early fame.
While the episode has its lighthearted moments, Kana's lack of confidence remains the main obstacle for the group. If she can overcome her insecurities, she has the potential to become a formidable presence. Nevertheless, Kana's story highlights a pressing issue in the entertainment industry, where child actors and prodigies can suffer long-term effects from early exposure to the media. It's a thought-provoking aspect of Oshi no Ko that deserves attention and discussion.
The next episode is going to be a banger. I'm excited to see their first performance.

Thanks for the meal.

@hugo213546879

Lost it at that Kazeno remark. Them having the same VA easily confirms it for me, and its such a brilliant touch thats fitting to his character as well.
Jun 21, 2023 9:19 PM

Aug 2019
Damn, this episode was also getting me nervous for their performance lol.

1 more episode! Waiting a week for this art is torture..
Jun 21, 2023 10:02 PM
Nov 2021
Exploring Arima's past experiences and comprehending her perspectives on the idol industry was an enlightening experience for me. I found it particularly useful to delve into her unique personality traits and behavioral patterns, which enabled me to gain a more profound insight into her character and comprehend her better. I find this anime very interesting as it dives into subject matters that are not typically explored in the anime or even in the general media itself. It's sad to see individuals within the entertainment industry being unfairly criticized for actions that are commonplace. The industry imposes unrealistic expectations on them, such as how they should present themselves, speak, and dress, which is anything but just. Sometimes, it seems like we view entertainers as nothing more than machines. However, I found it refreshing when Arima stopped pretending and started expressing herself more authentically. As the season comes to a close, I'm enjoying this anime and I'm hopeful that a second season will be in the works (which seems likely).

I also enjoyed the little plot twist! (I expected it, but it was still a good one!)

I can't wait to see more.
arealivewireJun 21, 2023 10:15 PM
Jun 21, 2023 10:23 PM
Nov 2018
Kana is such a captivating character, love how they get deep into her insecurities.  Having to start over as a idol reminds me of how Sakura Miyawaki redebuted under K-pop group Le Sserafim and how that must have been hard after having been through HKT and Iz*One. 

Hoping we get to see new B Komachi perform next episode.
Jun 21, 2023 11:02 PM
May 2023
better than 9 but 10 will be better
Jun 21, 2023 11:06 PM

Mar 2013
Kana is so adorable! 🥰🥰🥰
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 21, 2023 11:12 PM

Mar 2016
Didn't think anything of the Pieyon tracksuit initially since he was planning to take the girls outside for stamina training...but the moment MEM mentioned his physique, it clicked. Guy has constantly turned down his acting abilities, but managing the voice this time shows how good he is. Nice that he did it in disguise rather than himself to give the group some better motivation and especially to get Kana to open up a bit. But with the way she tends to be, how will she react to seeing him after seeing him out of the disguise?

Really happy that Ruby was actually able to get a good moment in this episode. So far Aqua has taken ccentre stage, Kana secondary, and Ruby has been pretty side character until this point. Now that 2nd gen B-Komachi is making their performance debut, hopefully she'll have more moments.

Going to be interesting to see how the season finishes off next week before leaving us with the post-season blues :'(
Jun 21, 2023 11:43 PM
Nov 2018
After a few mediocre episodes show demonstrates it’s emotional chops again. 

Man what a great season
Kisai113Jun 21, 2023 11:54 PM
Jun 22, 2023 12:15 AM

Oct 2020
Kana is…a strange one to say the least. I hated it when Aka did this with Ishigami back in Love is War near the end of S2. Suddenly adding layers to a character via a sudden offscreen backstory exposition dump isn’t inherently wrong but it doesn’t work if it comes off as completely contradictory when said character never came off as having that sort of baggage. It feels like the author realized the character wasn’t working as she was, so this whole thing was added but by then the previous chapters were already published.

That said, I don’t hate the shift entirely. I just hope Kana remains consistent after this because right now it feels like the character in episodes 3-4 was an imposter. All that acting professionalism from before suddenly went out the window lately and in this episode that side truly feels dead. I understand she’s young yet but this is the same character I’m meant to believe solo handled negotiations for her Sweet Love adaptation participation. Writing logically with persona consistency shouldn’t have to be so hard.
zdeisterreviewsJun 22, 2023 12:24 AM
Jun 22, 2023 12:43 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Well, just about time for B-Komachi to join the ranks of μ's, FranChouChou and Kessoku Band within my favorite girl idols/bands.

And yes.. t h e y d i d i t a g a i n. Mephisto perfectly blending into the final scene. 5/5.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 22, 2023 1:27 AM
Apr 2018
"The more cowardly the puppy, the louder it barks" Another great episode.
The girls prepping for the idol festival performances with kana selected as the centre stage while she still has major doubts and confidence on herself. 
Piyeon was requested for as an additional support, turns out to be aqua (kinda figured seeing the body structure) but gotta hand it to aqua with the acting skills he pullled of impersonating piyeon on point. 
The real piyeon was also involved giving aqua tips and advice, but aqua really did great following through. The talk with him and kana on the balcony was wholesome. also surprised aqua knows so much personal stuff about her especially the bell peppers, man really cares for her that he almost made her fall in twice with him.  Real piyeon was right even if aqua went and told her by himself kana would listen to him tbh but can understand aquas point too of being feeble tbh since he looks down on himself at times. nice moment nevertheless 

Then we come to Ruby and kana in their bed talks. I am happy for ruby finally getting close to her dreams,excited nervous the restriction in her life is no more shes finally able to do what she wants, be like her mom/idol ai and also keep the promise with her first love aka gorou (aka aqua) it was a little sad she wont be knowing what happened to him but also curious what will happen in the future if she knows. since aqua did question her in episode 1 about her previous life but i guess aka kept it later for drama purpsose. But anyways ruby atleast has some hope with her knowing she has someone supportive of her while kana on the other hand thinks she has no one. She later comes to know piyeon was aqua which lefts her totally shocked, her expression was priceless tbh xD Also didnt sleep the entire night, a  conflicted teenage girl in love truly lol .
Finally the day of the festival arrives memcho ruby excited af, Kana still in pressure and semi depression. Got to see more on the background of idol actiivties on such festival stages with the dressing rooms and other systems. Then we have a nice dive into kana's background and man it made me feel for her so hard. Struggling and even more struggles since her young days, disappointed looks, no appreciation or expectations from her, desperately trying for jobhs, no love even from her own parents who left her to fend off on her own, not even knowing what shes growing through. No wonder shes so hard on herself and keeps low expectations on herself, but most importantly she doesnt want others who are with her to fail, i love how much she cares for ruby and mem, that she wants to shoulder the responsibility and make sure they succeed. She is exceptionally and brilliantly talented, hardworking and got so much to offer in her, but at the end she wanted that appreciation and support to move onward which she never got. Shes so relatable imo. 
Glad stepped in ruby and her words to kana were just the right thing she needed to hear, that kana is still a young girl to her whos still a rookie, its okay to fail and they should enjoy together atleast & go for it nevertheless. Kana smiling again and ruby taking her hand, comforting and leading her on was pure bliss, for someone whos excited and nervous herself as newbie, ruby was great, props to her. Her energy reminded me of ai. The art and design of this scene was phenomenal especially with kana and rubys eyes. 
Then the last scene, when kana clears her mind ready to go.

This scene was kinda powerful, with the slow violins bulding up and perfectly transitioning into the outro. That was one of the best transitions till date ngl i got kinda goosebumps when kana introduced herself with that smile turning around. She just made me love her even more. A

Cant wait for their debut and the final epsiode.Lets go!!
Kipo0007Jun 22, 2023 2:10 AM
Jun 22, 2023 1:32 AM

Feb 2018
The next episode could be a blast, I can't wait to see how they animate their first performance.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jun 22, 2023 2:00 AM
Jan 2023
Kawaii ❤️❤️
Jun 22, 2023 2:23 AM
Aug 2021
At first I thought Aqua was a cold-hearted manipulative man. Now I see he is just broken. He truly does care for Kana though. Kana is also drowning but has always been so scared to admit it at least Ruby has actually confronted her on her lies and maybe Kana will start to heal. Next week is the final episode excited to see what the next episode will bring.
Jun 22, 2023 2:34 AM

May 2015
Urahara_Benihime said:
And why was that word censored and what does it mean ? If anyone knows.
lyrokn said:
Who is that censored name in the episode?
moroter said:
lyrokn said:
Who is that censored name in the episode?
Same question, anyone knows? 

A Japanese YouTuber named Daigo according to people on Reddit: https://www.youtube.com/@mentalistdaigo
Jun 22, 2023 3:10 AM

Dec 2010
For me the main strength of this show lies in the life problems covered by this story that don't even involve the Show business:

Most importantly it's probably how needlessly complicated our lives can get simply because of lack of communication. E.g. Aqua wants to avenge Ai, but the original reason he was enamoured by Ai was his affection for Ruby in her previous life. While the main point of conflict between their personalities seems to be "remaining stuck in the past" vs "moving on with the life you currently have", maybe Aqua would focus even more on the life he has with Ruby right now if he knew who she was.
Conversely, while Ai acts as her paragon, the real driving force in her life was her encounter with Aqua in her previous life. Forget about the privilege and luxury afforded to them in their new life, most importantly they were allowed by fate to both be reborn as siblings AND keep memory of their old lives. Could any of them ask for a better outcome? While the death of their mother and idol is tragic, they are are about as close to living in a "heaven-on-earth" as it is imaginable.
And yet the simple lack of communication between the two keeps them apart and from realising this.

Another common problem is how much we can weigh ourselves down through self-deprecation. Arima Kana is talking to herself in a voice that she would never apply to somebody she cares about and that she wants to see succeed. Just like how in a sports setting one might tell themselves "the way I played today was shit", but they would never say this to their teammates because they know that this would not be helpful to them in any way.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

260 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 3, 2023

457 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.