Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 29, 2017 11:49 AM

Jan 2014
Oooooo finally. Been waiting for one of them to figure it out.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 29, 2017 6:22 PM

May 2014
Well the romantic ball really started rolling this episode!

Lilac likes Kanbe, but I'm thinking he's actually convenience store guy...and he seems to be interested in Moriko. We know for sure that Lilac is definitely a girl irl now at least.

Honestly, it's obvious that Sakurai is the main love interest but I found myself shipping Moriko with all three guys she interacted with this episode. She goes so well with everyone!!
I'm kind of edging towards Koiwai though because they play off of each other really well...Sakurai seems a little too shy. Like he and Moriko would never actually get anywhere kind of like an awkward aged-up Sawako x Kazehaya in Kimi ni Todoke.
But hey, maybe Koiwai is just being a bro and trying to spur the guy into action!

Kind of interested to see who Koiwai is if he's also got an online persona as well.

Seriously though, this series gets better with each episode and I'm so bummed that it's only getting 10 eps and a special.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2017 12:02 AM

Feb 2009
PastFuturist said:
It's a disappointment because I was hoping for something more than just a simple romance. Morioka is dealing with many issues: the dull stresses of middle age, emotional isolation, workplace issues, trust in technologically-mediated socializing, and financial fragility, to begin with. It looks like this series is going to explore none of these, and settle for having a handsome man solve everything.

You kinda sound like you'll enjoy ReLIFE.
Oct 30, 2017 10:59 AM
Oct 2017
bdsbff said:
Noooo!!! I have to wait a week. I don't want to wait, I want it now! AHHhhh the wait's going to eat me alive.

I haven't felt this anxious about the next episode of an anime in a while.
Love it!!!
Oct 30, 2017 5:16 PM

Sep 2017
Hahaha that moment when Moriko and Kazuomi are stood in silence waiting for the machine to come back online. I am definitely that person who would start talking to the shop assistants about a game or movie!

Gotta say that I also empathise with him not bringing up MMOs earlier to Moriko. Been playing games for years and only just found a gamer girl :') I'm not that up front about games so I'd probably be as embarrassed as they were!

Lilac's scene was great. Kanbe just straight up says what he thinks with no mercy at all haha but at least we got a new character irl reveal. I think everyone has that one friend who buys loot boxes until they get what they want ^_^

Koiwai is a straight up player. Not sure I like his character much when he's checking out Morkia the way he does and when he's trying to steal her away from Yuuta :x To be fair though Moriko is getting a lot of attention irl all of a sudden.

But that cliffhanger at the end! Yuuta is so close to figuring it out that I wonder if he'll get it and ask in the next episode... How is it over already!?
Oct 30, 2017 7:06 PM

Nov 2011
Yo if Koiwai is serious about dating Moriko that's a real dick move bro.

Honestly that pissed me off. Then he's going to rub it in Sakura's face. A part of me was like "Okay Koiwai did this to help Sakura out." But if that was the case Lily wouldn't have been super depressed online.

So I feel like I just answered my own issue in the first part. FUCK KOIWAI!

Edit: Just watched the PV...Bro she cuts her fucking hair!!!
SoraSenpaiOct 30, 2017 7:24 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 30, 2017 7:46 PM

Sep 2014
Just seen the PV

Crazy Theory on next episode... The ''Triangle'' is actually:

Lilac > Hayashi > Lily
Oct 31, 2017 12:25 AM

Sep 2011
But I just started watching this today. Now I have to wait for almost a week? :/

The_Mad_WizardOct 31, 2017 3:58 AM
Oct 31, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! I'm so excited at the edge of my seat! it's only a matter of a little more events until the two would realize the true identity of their characters on the MMORPG that they're playing!
5/5.

Oct 31, 2017 10:50 AM

Oct 2008
THAT MABINOGI REFERENCE THO...

The whole time I'd been watching this anime it reminds me of my own love story from Mabinogi... No wonder I love it so much!!

(and now I'm engaged in real life to my partner from that game <3)
Oct 31, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2008
Oh shit. The cat's out of the bag.
Oct 31, 2017 10:18 PM
Jun 2017
i love this Anime series really, especially this episode... I already cant wait for Episode 5
Nov 1, 2017 6:21 PM

Jan 2013
This is pretty much Ragnarok Online: the animation for me. Not to mention the age bracket of 20-30, playing MMO, unemployed, somehow can relate.
Nov 2, 2017 9:16 PM

Jan 2013
Apparently, this is now a love triangle xD Or a square? But i think that his friend only did that to make him act xD
The best ending possible! Finally, he figured out!!! So happy omg xD
Been loving this anime.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 2, 2017 9:42 PM

Jul 2016
i lost my sides when he freeze
Nov 2, 2017 11:18 PM
Apr 2017
I have a mixed feeling about mixing IRL with internet
Don't know if I would glad to see that happens or regret
Nov 3, 2017 1:59 AM

May 2017
luigi-dude said:
FullyCharged said:

OH YES PLEASE.

Let's hope.

PV talks about a triangle, but there's always the cashier for that.

My thoughts exactly. Koiwai was sensitive enough to comment on what being rejected did to Yuuta at the restaurant, so he seems like he has his best interest at heart. He also stole Yuuta's phone just to get Moriko's number into it, that was Very deliberate. In the next episode preview you see Moriko behind Yuuta holding her phone to her chest, I think Koiwai definitely sets them up on their first date.

As for Mr. Cashier, he's obviously been keeping an eye on Moriko at the store, and after Koiwai approached Moriko in the convenience store he may feel threatened and may make a move before it's "too late".

I agree but I think Koiwai is gay
Nov 3, 2017 11:44 PM

Dec 2016
Sakurai's realization was tooo good! Now lets see how he attacks the situation!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 4, 2017 3:00 PM
Jul 2017
Madotsuki-san said:
PastFuturist said:
It's a disappointment because I was hoping for something more than just a simple romance. Morioka is dealing with many issues: the dull stresses of middle age, emotional isolation, workplace issues, trust in technologically-mediated socializing, and financial fragility, to begin with. It looks like this series is going to explore none of these, and settle for having a handsome man solve everything.

You kinda sound like you'll enjoy ReLIFE.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Nov 4, 2017 4:41 PM

Nov 2015
I originally thought that Koiwai Homare was just a cool, if somewhat too irresponsible, friend to Sakurai Yuuta. Now I just think he's a dick.
Nov 4, 2017 4:56 PM

Nov 2015
I also have a quick question: When Morioko Morika is freaking out in the konbini while buying makeup and stuff, there's one little clip showing her current outfit in a not-so-positive light, and below each item's description is an "LV" score. I tried to figure this one out but Google didn't help. Does anyone know what this refers to? Thanks in advance!
Nov 4, 2017 9:10 PM

Sep 2016
delta5 said:
I also have a quick question: When Morioko Morika is freaking out in the konbini while buying makeup and stuff, there's one little clip showing her current outfit in a not-so-positive light, and below each item's description is an "LV" score. I tried to figure this one out but Google didn't help. Does anyone know what this refers to? Thanks in advance!

1) You commented on episode 4's thread with a scene from episode 5
2) It's just a "parody" of the level system of a MMO, her clothes are rated with levels
bruh
Nov 4, 2017 9:18 PM

Nov 2015
FullyCharged said:
delta5 said:

1) You commented on episode 4's thread with a scene from episode 5
2) It's just a "parody" of the level system of a MMO, her clothes are rated with levels

(1) Oops! Totally my bad and I sincerely apologize.
(2) I figured it was an abbreviation for levels but I couldn't figure out how the thing worked (mainly because I thought they might assign negative scores to emphasize her insecurity (specifically compared to the "girl power" scene from Denki-gai no Honya-san).

I am so sorry for making a mess of this thread, but thank you so much for your reply and clarification!
Nov 5, 2017 4:23 AM

Jul 2009
Koiwai did a brave move! And he is making his friend jealous...it's kinda clear that Lily knows now that Hayashi and Mori Mori are the same person!
Nov 6, 2017 8:05 PM

Feb 2017
I've been enjoying this show a lot more than I thought I would. I feel like this would make a great live-action drama too.
Nov 10, 2017 1:53 PM

Dec 2011
I'm so entertained omg. Sakurai's realization was too good!
Nov 10, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2017
The show is starting to peak really, hope it's not my hype. Koiwai is just a classless guy with trying to flirt overtly with Morimori and actually saying classless things like his comment on her breasts, also extremely classless with knowing that Sakura-chan wants to chat with Moriko
Another thing to mention, Morimori-chan looks so adorable with her ponytail. Maybe just my personal taste, but still.

TsundeReaper said:
luigi-dude said:

My thoughts exactly. Koiwai was sensitive enough to comment on what being rejected did to Yuuta at the restaurant, so he seems like he has his best interest at heart. He also stole Yuuta's phone just to get Moriko's number into it, that was Very deliberate. In the next episode preview you see Moriko behind Yuuta holding her phone to her chest, I think Koiwai definitely sets them up on their first date.

As for Mr. Cashier, he's obviously been keeping an eye on Moriko at the store, and after Koiwai approached Moriko in the convenience store he may feel threatened and may make a move before it's "too late".

I agree but I think Koiwai is gay

Em, could be, I give you that because this really happened to me IRL, one of my besties is gay and utterly teases me out with a girl that has large breasts and keeps telling me that every single time we're all 3 together.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Nov 14, 2017 1:38 PM

Jul 2009
Whee, we are slowly getting introduced to more characters :D We see Lilac IRL and the convenience store guy as well. I hope that he becomes friends with Moriko :3 The gacha event was pretty cool, does Lilac like Kanbe?! :O I thought it was gonna hint she liked Moriko XD Then on Sakurai's side, his friend Koiwai is pretty funny lol meeting Moriko like that and getting her info. I thought this was gonna be a huge wingman setup where all 3 of them went for drinks together, but if it's just the two of them that might work as well, especially since Moriko and him used to talk a lot. Then of course at the end when Sakurai figures out who she is in the game ... this is getting good :D
Nov 15, 2017 11:39 AM

Dec 2015
Paul said:

What's even more amazing was seeing Mabinogi, the game I literally played while doing the above, in this anime. I mean in this day and age, a advertisement for Mabinogi, who'd expect that?

ikr, There's a big event going on about the anime at Mabinogi.
Nov 17, 2017 6:53 AM

Aug 2012
Ignoring the convenient coincidence aside.
I've been enjoying the series so far but I hope there is no 'deep' love triangle on this one.
Nov 21, 2017 11:06 AM

May 2009
This anime is so much better than what i intially though. it just keeps getting better.
Nov 22, 2017 1:58 PM
Jul 2017
that guy is a very bad friend, he knows that Yuuta has been going crazy over Moriko for a while now, then just rubs it in his face that she gave him her number and is going out for a drink with her. Now that's a dick move.
Nov 26, 2017 9:10 AM
Jul 2017
MistyBlue said:
MsShawnPhx said:
I love this series and can't wait for the next one to come out. Old WOW player of old I like series like these especially because they aren't kids playing. Wish I could find the manga to fill in some of the blanks. All I can find is scanlations up to chapter 5 (when Hiyashi joins the guild which did fill in some gaps like he's level 20 when everyone else is over 100 more the most part). Been a while since I was so excited for a series!!!!

If you want to look ahead, here are the raws: http://www.comico.jp/articleList.nhn?titleNo=27
But yea, sadly no one has been translating them. Seems like in the raws, they focus more on the gaming aspect in the beginning than showing real life stuff.
Btw, once you reach past chapter 15, you are allowed one free chapter a day.

The browser translates the website badly and doesn't translate the manga at all because it's a picture file. I saw that before. I didnt know they would give you a free one per day. That is cool, I just wish they would offer a translation.
Dec 4, 2017 4:38 AM

Oct 2016
That loot boxes part is so funny. Those people spend so much for the prizes, they're so passionate. Lily-san is so rich to be able to keep buying the game credits until she gets what she wants, but I'm still wondering how on earth do Hayashi get all the money to buy the credits, I mean she (Morioka) doesn't work.

Sakurai's friend seems like wanting to make Sakurai jealous by trying to take Morioka on a date. Damn, how he force Morioka to write her contacts info in his phone is so clever, she couldn't even able to refuse. Poor Morioka.

And I'm right, Lily is really Sakurai, and now Hayashi brings up his/her gender-swapped real life experience to Lily. It's about time Sakurai realize that Hayashi is actually Morioka.

I have a feeling that the convenience store guy is Kanbe and the blond haired girl is Lilac, while the owner of the Pota guy (I'm sorry I forget his name) is actually married to the owner of the turquoise-haired guy.
Dec 6, 2017 8:17 AM

Jul 2015
oooohhhhhh... Sakurai seems to have found out that Mori is Hayashi... The plot thickens. It was bound to happen and am glad it is. But thinking through it, the confrontation may happen in 3 or more episodes.
Dec 9, 2017 3:19 PM
Jun 2014
What the fuck is this shit? It seems to try to be really lighthearted, but what Koiwai did is NOT something you do to a friend. It's grounds to end the friendship. You do NOT go out of your way to steal away a friends love interest, when it's a girl you have nothing to do with.
I thought he was going to be a real buddy and get them together, but it seems he did it for himself.

I truly hate normal harem series because often some of the characters don't deserve the crap they get because of the indecisiveness of the mc, but a reverse harem will be much worse as a male viewer.
Dec 12, 2017 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
I really hope Sakurai's friend isn't going to actually hit on Mori. He doesn't seem the type who would betray a friend like that.

Also, that last scene was glorious :'D
Dec 30, 2017 5:26 PM

Jan 2017
This episode made me laugh so much and then the ending, oh the ending, my heart is hurting so bad i can't take it x.x i'm too freaking sensitive poor Sakurai is saaad </3
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 31, 2017 7:34 AM

May 2012
Oh boy what an episode and what a great reveal at the ending that the viewer were pretty certain about already, but it's nice they don't hold it off for later in the series!

All in all a pretty fun episode, let's see what's next!
Jan 12, 2018 10:28 PM

Jan 2016
Oh my. Only took four episodes for such an epiphany. I wonder how it will unfold from here.
Feb 10, 2018 1:17 PM

Dec 2015
Wow @ the loot boxes in this game, giving out normal health potions? Seriously??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 22, 2018 12:14 AM
Feb 2018
Way to be discrete Morioka LOL
But finally for the gender reveal, I am a little anxious to how the guy is feeling right now.
& for some reason, I really like that cashier, I wonder where hes playing in part of all this.

Mar 8, 2018 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! The situation becomes interesting, nothing but a triangle, here I see a relationship to four and it does not end there. The narration fears a fairly tangled situation and I am happy that no attempt has been made to make a certain character pass by. Funny the episode as a whole. Did you think the protagonist was not well endowed? Oh well!
Apr 1, 2018 4:58 AM

Dec 2015
Morioka's forming quite the Harem there
Apr 10, 2018 6:11 AM

Mar 2015
Aw yis looks like Lily/Sakura is finally getting it and making the connections!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 5, 2018 9:27 AM

Aug 2017
It seems that Lily/Yuta will know who is Hayashi in real life.

Koiwai is trying to flirt with Morimori....
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 16, 2018 8:51 AM

May 2013
Pls start dating xD

Our gurl MoriMori is a lil dense tho ahhaha. Good luck, Yuta!!!!! >.<"
Dec 4, 2019 6:45 PM

Feb 2008
Loot boxes are evil, and his "friend" is a bit of an a-hole.

lol. I was wondering which one would figure it out first ;)
Feb 6, 2020 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like she has another admirer now, though he's definitely not her type. Also they finally revealed what everyone knew already anyway. Next episode should be good, looks like she's styling up and going on a date.
Aug 2, 2020 7:59 AM

Jun 2020
i put this on-hold for a bit, glad to be back in it!

i wasn't paying much attention the previous few episodes so i accidentally mixed up yuuta & the convenience store guy (even tho it's so obvious with their hair colour but i really didn't notice) i had so many questions until i realised my own mix-up lol the IRL character designs are pretty weak

lilac-san is so kawaii & the girls looked so cute in their new fits

and the whole bit with the loot boxes, relatable! xD

great episode, really enjoyed it!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

313 by SilverWolf1319 »»
Jun 11, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2017

164 by mjjones0 »»
May 16, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.