Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 14, 2007 3:00 PM
Jan 2007
I haven't watched it yet. It has just been fan subbed. Just want to be the first one to post this :-). I will edit once I watched it.
Feb 16, 2007 2:51 PM

Mar 2005
relatively uneventful episode. guess they're taking a break...that or DN is hitting tat point where it goes downhill.

anyway. so...why do ppl like L again? I can maybe understand why he was being such a jackass to Aizawa, because he wanted to make sure he was caring for his family, even though L was still being an ass about it. But to Matsuda I mean wtf? I don't get why L is so likable, bleh.
Feb 16, 2007 3:00 PM
Apr 2006
want evil Kira back!! *sobs*
and L...is just strange...
Feb 16, 2007 3:40 PM
Jan 2007
The animation for this episode is different. And nothing happened :-(. Kinda dissapointing.
Feb 19, 2007 3:11 PM

Jan 2007
I was really disappointed by the animation in this episode.

But I did love the L/Light fight. It was great in the manga and even better to see it animated. :D
Nov 7, 2008 3:58 PM
Oct 2008
I liked the Light vs L fight as well. ^_^
Nov 9, 2008 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
haha! good to see lots of love for the fight XD though I agree, not much happened this ep, especially after the drama of 15/16 it seems a little anticlimactic. And Light's being a ponce xD Even though I don't like or agree with Kira, I like Light better when he's being a crazed psychopath xD
Dec 19, 2008 9:06 AM
Apr 2008
I thought L was really funny in this episode. The animation was a little different in this episode but nothing big.
May 9, 2009 8:37 PM

Jun 2008
why was he crying??? he's got free time with his family right? anyway... working with criminals.. something new.. hahaha..
Jun 27, 2009 6:06 PM

Dec 2008
noooo masa-san don't be sad.
Aug 7, 2009 5:49 AM

Aug 2009
L vs. Light. I've completely lold.
Aug 27, 2009 11:18 PM
Apr 2009
kei-clone said:
relatively uneventful episode. guess they're taking a break...that or DN is hitting tat point where it goes downhill.

anyway. so...why do ppl like L again? I can maybe understand why he was being such a jackass to Aizawa, because he wanted to make sure he was caring for his family, even though L was still being an ass about it. But to Matsuda I mean wtf? I don't get why L is so likable, bleh.

The real question for me is why you hate him so much. In your previous episode comments you've been saying things that are bad about him, that I could easily counter fact :

He is unique, weird, and still a genius. You like light very much, but he is just your typical common super genius. Nothing unique about him. L seems to be a bit smarter to, since he is figuring all this out without knowing the death note.

His methods are harsh, but when it comes to this stuff, you HAVE To.. So the reason you're saying that is kinda weird.

Although you're right, he didn't have to do that to the man. He was already in here, he was already trusted. Why make him through that again lol.,

I gotta say, the anime is getting worse prob from this point on. The fun was, Light vs L.. Now light knows nothing about the deathnote (he will prob later somehow im guessing) and L has no motivation or stuff. TBh, I have no interest in this business dealer being kira. I don't care about him at all \:

I'm missing the first 15 eps.. \:
Oct 29, 2009 5:45 PM

Oct 2009
How can you NOT like L? Honestly, he's just one of those characters, and I believe that those who disagree are just being stubborn or dare to be different (usually I'm that way, but not this time).

Anyway, this episode went by fast for me, and it was so nice to see a touch of comedy for once. Seems like a set-up for something bigger, and I don't think the next episode will deliver, maybe the one after that...
Nov 15, 2009 12:33 PM

Jan 2009
LOLZ at the L/Light fight. They looked so much like two normal teenagers fighting over nothing like friends tend to do sometimes :P...

My point: WTH is happening here :|?? Where is evil Light and where is the genius L /:)? Is DN really going downhill, I don't want that !! And the all of a sudden comedy seems so misplaced, what happened to being dark and mysterious -_-?? Light has crossed the 'this is what it would have been without the death note' line and is starting to feel like a totally different character to me!! Tbh, Death Note is starting to feel like a totally different anime too... And not even those two new characters can make up for what has been lost :( .
I'm kinda disappointed right now. I hope I'll have a change of heart soon :|.

Dec 8, 2009 8:47 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was alright. :\
the fight between L and Light was hilarious. xD
and when the man was crying at the end was sad. :<

Dec 29, 2009 11:33 PM

Jan 2009
L vs Light was awesome! Nice ep even though nothin really happened.

Feb 2, 2010 5:52 AM

Nov 2009
Looks like things are calming down abit now with light... i still dont get whats up with that organization though o.o
Mar 3, 2010 12:48 PM

Jan 2010
yeah this episode was kinda sucky :p,but they are starting all over so i guess it was to be expected :)

2 new characters eh?i don't like them,they look plain and their char designs kinda suck -_-

L vs Light was funny anyway

I hope death note will not get worse as everyone says :(
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 27, 2010 12:21 PM

Feb 2009
So this is the turning point uh? This episode really shows that this is taking a completely idfferent approach... well it would be hard for the series to keep being as exciting and thrilling as they have been... I'll just stick with it and see where all this leads.
May 28, 2010 8:47 AM

Nov 2008
I feel like there is something lacking in these past few episodes. And the new additions, I'm wondering how long they will last. Also when is this game Light is playing going to end?
Aug 25, 2010 2:39 PM

May 2010
I liked the Light vs L fight, but that's it
Aug 28, 2010 11:44 AM
Jun 2010
words can't begin to describe how pissed i am that light isn't remembering, i really want him to remember, what was his plan? to get away free, that is not like light, he wouldn't give up on his plan to make a better world, i just doubt it. and why did rem give the death note to someone else? what is the purpose of that? what is SHE planning?

it's not as great as it was from the beginning of the series, mainly because light lost his memory, but it's still very good.
Oct 4, 2010 9:01 PM

Sep 2010
mm. I guess we've already passed the climax of Desu Noto? I hope things start to pick up again soon...
Oct 11, 2010 1:56 PM

Feb 2010
I don't know what all'a your problem is, it makes all sense: Light made up some kind of plan, told it to Rem, who was passing the Death Note to Yotsuba in part of the plan. At the same time he told Ryuk to discard the Death Note when he next says "discard", which was after two weeks imprisoning. His plan works.
Nov 6, 2010 3:36 PM

May 2010
Not much happened. Wonder where this is heading... ( '_' )
Nov 10, 2010 1:54 AM

Oct 2008
Punch on. <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 29, 2010 3:53 AM

Aug 2010
RDX said:
Looks like things are calming down abit now with light... i still dont get whats up with that organization though o.o
I guess to stop moving from hotel to hotel and how serious L is about catching Kira.
Mar 7, 2011 2:39 PM

May 2010
I kind of enjoyed L's epic fighting skills. I wish they lasted a bit longer.
Jun 4, 2011 11:04 AM

Jun 2010
I WANT EVIL LIGHT-KUN BACK. NOW.
My avatar is from Kowarekake no Orgel. Please stop asking.
Jun 9, 2011 1:28 AM

May 2011
I LOVED episode 18.
Light/L's fight was so funny. and also how L called Matsuda stupid.
tht was funny.
poor aizawa.
Nov 18, 2011 3:37 PM

Dec 2010
kei-clone said:

L is one of a kind character, unlike Light, just like Ssjbryando commented. His methods aren't something we come up with in every (random title)anime episode. And what about Light? Could you imagine anyone else holding the Death Note? Hardly, imo. Light is acting the way most of the people do if they were him. Nothing special about him.
Dec 5, 2011 9:41 PM

Nov 2011
Blutspender said:
I don't know what all'a your problem is, it makes all sense: Light made up some kind of plan, told it to Rem, who was passing the Death Note to Yotsuba in part of the plan. At the same time he told Ryuk to discard the Death Note when he next says "discard", which was after two weeks imprisoning. His plan works.

This may not be the end of Light's plan. This episode and maybe the next few might be building up to something. If it really is the end of his plan and Death Note is going to keep going on like this, the this show has definitely taken a turn for the worst.

It's understandable that Light is back to his former self because he's forgotten about the Death Note, but L seems like a completely different character now too. And his reason is because he has no motivation? Come on, man, gimme a break.

I'm sticking to this though because with the way the first 15 episodes went, there has to be at least one interesting thing in the last 20.
Michael D. Gillis - Mayor of Scrubsville
Apr 8, 2012 11:00 PM

Nov 2011
May 7, 2012 3:00 PM

Mar 2011
I really like how they animated the fight of L vs. Light. They really brought the manga to life. Even though this wasn't an especially eventful episode, I liked the animation style and there were a few funny parts.

I watched the dubbed version, I'm not sure about the subbed.
May 23, 2012 12:00 AM

Sep 2011
"Want to be useful? Alright, bring me some coffee." Fucking genius. LOL
Aug 1, 2012 12:28 PM

May 2012
A less good episode, I do hope it becomes better again in the next coming ones!
Sep 16, 2012 3:56 PM

Jan 2012
L and Light fight was awesome. I miss the old Light though.

Sep 28, 2012 6:42 PM

Nov 2011
Man the new Kira is going to be soooo easy to catch haha.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 29, 2012 11:50 AM

Jun 2009
Light is soooooo annoying the way he is now. I'm not Kira! I'll catch Kira!
Episodes like this are not bad they're just average and i'm not liking them. I mean it's just like I watched an episode of some random anime now. *sighs*
Jan 26, 2013 11:46 PM

Sep 2009
Well...at the very least I hope Aizawa leaving means him and his fro get to survive.
Jan 27, 2013 4:31 PM
Jan 2013
This is really weird, and I'm quite confused. Where is Ryuk? Who is Kira now, is it not Light anymore? Ughh. O.o
Mar 14, 2013 6:18 PM

May 2012
That fight between Light and L is awesome.. haha.. I was surpised L fought back.

But I kinda miss the real and evil Light. It would be nice if his memory is already back.

I feel bad for Aizawa though. He indeed have to think of his family.
Mar 17, 2013 11:24 PM

Mar 2013
I think this episode was a little bit boring :S

But, I like the fight between Light and L
Apr 19, 2013 3:37 PM
Mar 2013
Pretty boring episode, the fight with L and Light was alright i guess. I want Ryuk back!
Apr 21, 2013 4:19 PM

Feb 2013
I miss the old Light; he made the show more interesting.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 23, 2013 8:51 AM

Jun 2013
So Light is now officially not Kira? What the hell?
Aug 19, 2013 2:45 AM

May 2013
Who does the killing now?

Ahhh finally saw half of it.I'll save the other half for later i'll go watch another anime maybe guiltycrown or clannad
Nov 23, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Alright, slow episode.
Dec 14, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
4nim34nim3l said:
This is really weird, and I'm quite confused. Where is Ryuk? Who is Kira now, is it not Light anymore? Ughh. O.o

Lol... did you even pay attention to the previous episodes? Light decided to give up/discard the death note when he was imprisoned thus he forgot everything of Kira and Ryuk left.
xin09 said:
Who does the killing now?
Ahhh finally saw half of it.I'll save the other half for later i'll go watch another anime maybe guiltycrown or clannad

Did you not see that Rem gave the death note to a rich guy, well if you didn't pay attention then, then now you know who is killing people. Who is that rich guy? Well one of the company peoples that were shown to be sitting around the table.
Now why did Rem do this? Rem said it himself that this was what he had to help Kira to escape and to also help Misa to escape.

As of this episode seems like it's getting interesting but Light back as Kira is what I suppose everyone wants.
Jan 27, 2014 12:08 AM

Oct 2013
man that crying at the end. so ruthless
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What detectives from other series do you think could solve the Kira case? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Jun 5

50 by Nikatto »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 18, 2007

124 by N_Erwann »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 11, 2007

124 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

399 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 9:18 AM

» Does anyone find the post time-skip story kind of...bad?

VanVeleca - May 24

41 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 13, 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.