Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 25, 5:19 AM
Apr 2021
https://youtu.be/mPLotVGqriY?si=8igjMCMvZJjDSX4t

MINE AND MY GFS THOUGHTS ON THIS ANIME SO FAR

(we love it)
Apr 28, 5:15 PM

Nov 2013
main girl sure has angry issues lol
the other 2 sure can take her pretty well tho, it's nice to see them becoming friends and band members

i liked the song at the end, i actually rewatched the little concert 3 times

after 3 episodes, i keep thinking this is one of the most interesting anime this season, at least from the 20 i'm watching
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 30, 8:54 PM

Jun 2020
I love how they also telling the progress of their band, it's interesting to watch.
Also Nina, I'm so sorry but you actually looks goofy in that costume.
May 3, 7:39 PM
草薙直哉zfg

Apr 2022
that performance at the end was ga aga ag aga ga gangstaaaa amirite
boredboredbored
May 5, 4:47 PM
Oct 2022
Did they change Subaru's VA or something?
May 21, 1:51 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
that head-bobbing pigeon tho

so the two other band members have been briefly introduced; I kinda like that we'll be moving fast and getting them both on board at the same time, probably

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 9, 12:43 PM

Dec 2012
THE PIGEONNNNNN, I CAN'T.

I like Nina's voice when she sings but goddamn is she annoying. I wonder how Subaru and Momoka can be so patient with her.
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Jun 10, 7:29 PM

Jan 2021
spring 2024 is on a 96 bulls run of girls playing music while tackling insecurities
負けたくない

Jun 11, 10:43 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Kenrin
I guess I'm just not gonna understand the hype around this, especially considering that Yorukura, an anime with similar theme that's better in every single possible way is airing in the same season.
The CG isn't good, you just have no standards.
Also, Subaru's VA has an extremely annoying way of speech. So far, the rest of the cast is fine, even though they're new too, but she is just bad.
@Kenrin I'm with ya. I don't understand the hype for this series thus far. I'm honestly tempted to drop the show entirely. There is some potential, but there are so many issues that I'm worried I will just be wasting my time on something I don't enjoy watching.

The reviews from future episodes are pretty mixed so I'm torn on it.

For me, Nina is just an annoying spaz thus far. I seriously have no idea why Subaru was trying so hard to befriend her during this episode. They literally just started this band and are already having this many problems before even doing anything together as a group??? It just feels very melodramatic right now because we are 3 episodes in and the story has given us barely any background information on Nina's past so I cannot relate to her character or understand why she is the way that she is thus far. We got Mahiru's entire backstory AND Kano's backstory IN THE FIRST EPISODE in Yorukura...

I also don't like the CG either. I honestly would of vastly preferred the 2D animation they used in the OP for the main characters instead of the CG. That art looks really good! It's also looks really jarring whenever you see these 3D CG characters amongst a sea of 2D characters too.

I will say that the music in the songs themselves are really good, but the ambient sound itself during the episodes is just ok.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 7

54 by TohruBestDragon »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

100 by MugetsuJay »»
Jun 12, 9:47 AM

» Ia it true

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Jun 11

16 by Fail_Man_X »»
Jun 12, 8:09 AM

» More music like this?

Tonnar - Jun 1

8 by Mang_David »»
Jun 12, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Apr 5

132 by P4DD2001 »»
Jun 11, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.