Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 7, 9:58 PM
May 2016
_Yotsugi_ said:
ktg said:
It is not overrated. A show is not just about plot, there are other aspects too. Just one example, this was one of the best directing in 2022 and in that aspect, it is obviously not overrated, because as one of the best, it should receive at least a 9.
As for the characters, if you truly think that's all. Like you don't see how layered for example Kita is, then the problem is with you and not with the show.

It is not overrated, it is closest to being underrated and therefore it is not overhyped. It is underrated by you.

9 is to high a 8 is better imo I think it’s overrated but deserved without a doubt a really good show but there’s alot of people who over hype its not for everyone and a lot of people won’t like I loved it and did 10/10 but I do believe it’s over hyped and should be toned down a bit since it’s good and deserves attention but people over praise it

8 is not better, because it's too low. That's a simple good rating, while this is an outstanding show. That's why it should be 9 at least. Anyone who gave a lower rating than that, underrated it.
It does not matter if everyone likes it or not, because a show's own quality has nothing to do with your personal opinion.
Feb 7, 10:08 PM
Dec 2022
Besides bocchi and komi (komi cant comunicate) I haven't seen much representation of the social anxiety in life mixed with the feelings of wanting to accomplish more so maybe that's why..? Personally I enjoyed the anime as besides the story, I watch for a unique/pleasing artstyle, good music, and comedic elements. We can't just look at the story that - lets be honest, isnt really binge worthy - but have to understand the style isnt built for that. As for the characters, steryotypes exist for reason. While they can seem bland amd repetitive they help us quickly understand each character and are repeated because they work well as different personalitys. They also highlight bocchi and her unique situation
Feb 7, 10:12 PM
Dec 2022
LuluThetka said:
I mean depends on who you ask right? I thought of it as pretty over praises when it was airing but my opinion on it changes. The whole the best anime stuff just doesn't really have any meaning for me. The reason why it was rated so highly is that the demographic that it trying to appeal to actually really really like it.

If you were to ask me, first of all its production quality is incredible. Music, directing, animation, voice acting, it's the reason why its comedy hit as much as it did (for me at least). Directing alone deserves a 9 imo. Ofc Bocchi is also a big part of it as you said.
And other characters are even if they're not the most unique or whatever, they're still really good character. And no one (not me at least) really care about the plot, that's not even in my consideration. It's slice of life ffs. That's why I put it in high regards. But that's my opinion and you do you things.

My thoughts on this as well! Anime is EXTREMELY broad, so the mention of intended audience is key for me. Bocchi has a more specific one as opposed to the more popular shounen that has a bit of everything
Feb 7, 10:21 PM

Feb 2023
This is yet another one of those shitty "I DID NOT LIKE THIS POPULAR ANIME AS MUCH AS OTHERS DID SO IT MUST BE OVERRATED" threads. Nothing to see here.
Feb 8, 12:23 AM
Nov 2019
Watches a sol for its story is the dumbest move you can make other than going in overhyped already. Bocchi deserves its rating because of multiple reasons.
1. Characters are well written and realistic, especially Bocchi and Kita.
2. Art and animation are top tier. Probably the craziest animation I've seen in anime.
3. The music is awesome.
4. It's just very fun to watch and hilarious. Gives us alot of memes.

This anime is a masterpiece and the best music anime I've seen. It delves deep into social anxiety and portrays is very well. There is not one bad episode and you really start to love each character, yes even Rio. Seriously tho, posts like this are dumb. We get it, it wasn't as good as you thought. Guess what, the world doesn't revolve around you.
Feb 8, 1:13 AM
May 2021
Yeah I do think the show is somewhat overhyped, but I will say you can't deny production quality either. I understand that high production quality doesn't necessarily make a show good, but the things I liked most about Bocchi were:

1. The animation studio doing creative stuff during Bocchi's meltdowns, ranging from live action shots to low poly computer animation to stick puppets and more

2. The musical production was amazing. For example, the audition performance's poor playing sounded poor. But it didn't sound poor like a band that was trying to play obviously poorly; it really sounded like beginners who were trying to play well, and failing. I think that's not easy to pull off for your average musician, it's ironically very pro-level stuff to play with convincingly bad sound.

Also Bocchi's final solo being accurate to the state of her guitar was impressive to me, as well. After she finishes, while she sets down the cup she was using, you can hear her part cut out too. Very thoughtful sound design.

Again, look I get these things aren't a good substitute for good writing, and I'm not here to tell you Bocchi the Rock is written like Vinland or Bebop, but these are some of the reasons the show stands out from the run-of-the-mill seasonal slice of life shows
Feb 8, 5:08 AM
Jul 2022
ktg said:
_Yotsugi_ said:

9 is to high a 8 is better imo I think it’s overrated but deserved without a doubt a really good show but there’s alot of people who over hype its not for everyone and a lot of people won’t like I loved it and did 10/10 but I do believe it’s over hyped and should be toned down a bit since it’s good and deserves attention but people over praise it

8 is not better, because it's too low. That's a simple good rating, while this is an outstanding show. That's why it should be 9 at least. Anyone who gave a lower rating than that, underrated it.
It does not matter if everyone likes it or not, because a show's own quality has nothing to do with your personal opinion.

Your exact proof if my point 9 is to high it’s a good quality show but and has a good twist on the formula but that’s mostly just the mc it’s good but not that good for a 9 your exact proof of my point it’s funny and had many good expects but that’s why it’s a 8 a good solid show. It does it thing well being funny with a likable cast and a good plot many other shows do that but are better. It’s good yes but not that good
Feb 8, 5:10 AM
Jul 2022
Daddi4900 said:
Yeah I do think the show is somewhat overhyped, but I will say you can't deny production quality either. I understand that high production quality doesn't necessarily make a show good, but the things I liked most about Bocchi were:

1. The animation studio doing creative stuff during Bocchi's meltdowns, ranging from live action shots to low poly computer animation to stick puppets and more

2. The musical production was amazing. For example, the audition performance's poor playing sounded poor. But it didn't sound poor like a band that was trying to play obviously poorly; it really sounded like beginners who were trying to play well, and failing. I think that's not easy to pull off for your average musician, it's ironically very pro-level stuff to play with convincingly bad sound.

Also Bocchi's final solo being accurate to the state of her guitar was impressive to me, as well. After she finishes, while she sets down the cup she was using, you can hear her part cut out too. Very thoughtful sound design.

Again, look I get these things aren't a good substitute for good writing, and I'm not here to tell you Bocchi the Rock is written like Vinland or Bebop, but these are some of the reasons the show stands out from the run-of-the-mill seasonal slice of life shows

I agree it’s without a doubt a good show but is a bit overrated because it’s good it’s good but not as good as other people say high quality and well made
Feb 8, 5:24 AM
Nov 2017
Yeah, i can say the same thing about FMA, AoT, JJK, OnePiece, etc.
They all overhyped.
Feb 8, 5:38 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

238 by uc207Pr4f57t9 »»
Jun 1, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

514 by kierancel »»
May 30, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 12, 2022

258 by Alrinth »»
May 27, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

750 by vit »»
May 26, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2022

269 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 24, 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.